It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public picks best Mars pics (Great Choices!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

This HiWish picture shows boulders strewn over a plain in the northern Cydnus Rupes region of Mars. The rocks are covering the remnants of an eroded impact crater.

Samara Valles is one of the longest ancient valley systems on Mars. This system traverses more than 600 miles (1,000 kilometers) toward the northwest, terminating in a bssin where both Viking Lander 1 and Pathfinder are located. This HiWish picture shows a heavily cratered surface that is covered over with dunes of dust.

Source: www.msnbc.msn.com...

There is a total of 8 but I am sure more could be clasified as Top Pics. Stunning, Amazing. Awesome. Thank God we have the ability to even see this stuff.

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi , S&F here and the very first to rate.
This thread is gonna be massive when i tell you all this............

Turn the pics upside down. WOW, what do you see now? water, trees?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Thank ou and I hope you are correct. I want people to see these (not to mention a few S&F's-never hurt anyone).

All 8 photos selected are awesome/intense. We need to get there-ASAP.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ive looked through the photos etc etc. Theres def water no doubt, well theres a fluid, looks like white birds on one, flocks of them. Others well i`ll let you mention, islands and what seems like herds. Hint for you, look at them again then flip and rotate. You will be very suprised what you see.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I see exactly the same, only rotated 180º.

Although great photos, none of those are my favourites.

I forgot to say that I don't see any fluid or trees or birds or anything that is not part of the local geology.

[edit on 24/4/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Those are nice and all but why weren't these people shown this picture? Why does Nasa suppress this one? I know they do! This picture is better than the Face on Mars any day

NASA Sol Spirit 513

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Wasn't this one debunked. Weatherization or something.

Please tell me more

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Because that photo is from a different mission.

I suppose you didn't read what that page says.

The team in charge of the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment, or HiRISE, is soliciting suggestions for pictures to be taken by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

And I don't think that's a good photo either, there are more interesting geological features on Mars.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Man, I think you jinxed my thread. You (and I) thought this would be a good one.

Thank you for your S&F and I'm glad WE like them. lol

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

blows all other photos out the water
mars hole...mmm

the moon hole's pretty interesting too

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

OKAY you got my interest. I am going off to find out more about that thing! Can you post the source of that pic and any additional info (in case I don't find anything-or not what you have)

Thanks. Moon Hole too?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I like this one to be one of the best Mars pics.....

Tell me what it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Here you have them, the two photos of that Martian hole.

Photo PSP_005770_1745
Photo PSP_004847_1745

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Wasn't this one debunked. Weatherization or something.

Please tell me more

Really? Weatherization, that's funny. I am working on a thread for it. I know a few people at NASA who have told me they are hiding various artifacts on Mars. This is one of those in your face pictures that seems so unreal people won't believe it yet it is real. I won't tell their names because I made a promise and I am not jeopardizing anyone's job.

This is my FAVORITE Mars picture.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Because that photo is from a different mission.

I suppose you didn't read what that page says.

The team in charge of the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment, or HiRISE, is soliciting suggestions for pictures to be taken by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

And I don't think that's a good photo either, there are more interesting geological features on Mars.

I have read it thank you.

Yes there are many interesting pictures on Mars.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

WTF? How big is that hole? and any idea if anyone knows how deep?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Regarding this thread you are working on, have you done it yet or what?

looking forward to what you bring

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

From this page.

From the shadow of the rim cast onto the wall of the pit we can calculate that the pit is at least 178 meters (584 feet) deep. The pit is 150 x 157 meters (492 x 515 feet) across.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

WOW. Too much. What the heck. Weatherization. Hmmmm I don't think so. A little too round I would think.

My interest in the Moon just got reactivated and my interesting in Mars is just starting upward.

Remember to S&F to draw attention to this thread. People meed to see this stuff.

I say the heck with the faces on Mars and the other stuff. Get right to that hole! I think you will find a lot there.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

That hole, like all other holes like that, some deeper than others, is probably the result of volcanism, its common for parts of the "ceiling" of lava tubes to fall, and the ground above sinks, making a hole or pit with perfect edges (unlike craters).

If the area below is a large chamber instead of just a simple lava tube then its possible to have large and very deep holes.

As a side effect, inside those holes the temperature changes are smaller and the atmosphere denser, making it more likely to have life than on the surface.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join