It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cartoonist: May 22 is ‘Everybody Draw Mohammed Day’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
I fully support this holiday! ha. I made my own in paint but alas not smart enough to put it on a thread! lol too tired to research it right now.

try www.photobucket.com

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Cartoonist Molly Norris disavows 'draw Mohammed day'

"I never started a Facebook page; I never set up any place for people to send drawings to and I never received any drawings," she said.

"The vitriol this 'day' has brought out, of people who only want to draw obscene images, is offensive to Muslims who did nothing to endanger our right to expression in the first place," she said.

"I apologies to people of Muslim faith and ask that this 'day' be called off," she said.

Hmmm...

Good or bad - she'd gotten her new opinion out.

peace

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Freedom of speech....Censorship.....

Where do my rights end and yours begin?

Ya know i have posted on other threads about this topic and i even started my own thread which bombed regarding the whole cartoonist thing. I was of the opinion that freedom of speech was one of the most important freedoms we have in this country and worth fighting for no matter what the cause was. I have since changed my mind about that. Yes freedom of speech is worth fighting for and dying for if need be. This is not one of those cases in my opinion. The freedoms we enjoy as human beings are freedoms we have from birth and not something someone gave us and equally has the right to take away. If someone tries to take away your freedom the only way he/she may succeed is if you let them. Yes you may have to fight to prevent someone from trying to take away your freedoms but such is the price of being free. Blood sometimes has to spilled. As the saying goes "freedom is free". Someone had to pay for it.

Yes there are people in this world who would want to tell you you cannot do this or cannot do that. So in response we have to show them we CAN do this or CAN do that. What i think is so odd about all this is that as americans we have become rather used to the fact that we will give up our rights to certain things when a group yells foul or that they are offended. Just look at the whole debate about nativitys at christmas. The wearing of religious symbols at work and many other types of situations where one group was forced to alter what they do in favor of another group who was offended. So why is it so bad that we should defer our right to say what we want or draw what we want to prevent this group from being offended. I mean yes i am willing to fight and die or kill if i have to in order to prevent any group or government from taking over my basic rights as a human being and threatening death if i dont comply. This is not the case here. This is a simple case of if you piss the wrong person off your going to get your butt whooped.
Heres where i get a laugh at all this. These people who have the big brass bells to draw mohammed in defiance of those muslim extremists are also pissing off alot of non extremists and showing to them that the extremists may be right, So where i laugh is that more than likely all of these so called brave ones would not have the brass bells to go into a biker bar and draw pictures of bikers looking like dorks on motorcycles, or go to any gangbangers and make ethnic jokes to them just to show they can because we gots us some freedom of speech. Lets get real here for a second. All of these people trying to stand up for the freedom of speech are doing just the opposite. They are standing behind the freedom of speech thing like a shield so they can have an excuse to piss on a group that has made itself a target. Our enemy.

Oh and dont for a second think that islamism isnt our enemy. It is folks. It has declared itself the enemy of america and any way of life not like itself. I am not speaking of islam. Islamism is the militant extremist for of islam. Personally i think its just a matter of time and nothing but space and opportunity between us and them before the powder keg ignites and a full out war between the islamic world and the US and our allies begins. It is pretty much inevitable because we are two completely opposing ways of life and both are seeking dominance over the other. Just my opinion and i know i dont know jack but i fear history will repeat itself in the near future with christiany vs islam in the form of Capitalist americanism vs islamism.

Personally i am taking the stance now that i have my freedoms and no muslim has taken that away from me. If i choose to draw anything about any group who has the power to kick my rear end and send me 6 feet down in a pine box, then i probobly had it coming. no matter if that group be a gang of bikers or street gang or muslim extremists or any other violent ass kicking band of social misfits.

Stop pissing people off who you know you cant fight and seriously arent willing to.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

This has just gone nationwide today. There was an attempt to have it blocked in court last night, which failed.

This cartoonist has lampooned everybody. He is respected because he pulls no punches for anybody. He is Jewish, yet has been quite vicious against the Jewish Council over their treatment of Justice Goldstone, and the Gaza debacle, and others. He's been very vocal against our president and others in power, and has already faced several lawsuits over his cartoons. This is to my knowledge his first "islam" related cartoon.

peace

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

this issue went well beyond freedom of speech. i've been following this on facebook and have posted my own thoughts... many which have been deleted by those who are running these sites.

this is a too well run site to be little league. the original poster has since recanted and apologized for things turning into a shark feeding freenzie. it took on a beast.. lashing out at muslims and anything to do with muslims. threats of violence.. and heavy inciting on the pro "speech" side. it boiled down to what i would identify and highly illegal and conspiratorial behavior. the intent became clear.. to incite violence and hate. setting aside the images.. which then took the back burner.

as a christian american i was deeply upset over what i saw. especially coming from what i thought were christian americans.

very sad. i also think the sites are heavily infiltrated with agent provacateurs. everytime i mentioned this, my posts were deleted. this was not freedom of speech and i definately did not break any laws or rules.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i think there were other anti-muslim groups that pulled in in groups. i can think of a few, though these are only my opinions. one being anti-defamtion league the other being souther poverty... in addition to the cia, who is well known for creating wars and strife.

things are not as they seem in this situation.

i've been there. i see it. i know hate when i see it. i know inciting hate when i see it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i saw one lady posting prolifically, image after image. these weren't nice images.. the last one was a pig with the star of david on his side. he was mounted and fuc...g the prophet in the ass. i then asked her who she was working for. my posts were immediately deleted and i was banned from further commenting. it is this facebook site: www.facebook.com...

something is not right here.

they then started another website: Muhammadture.com which they immediately took down this morning. my post to them was as follows:

"you've been caught. it was your group that started the Muhammadture.com site. you were advertising it on this facebook page. i went there from here and posted my opinions. that site went down sometime this morning. those who are monitoring these events can go to google and type in muhammadture.com and looked at the cached site. you can't pull the site up, but you can pull what has been cached on google.

this is what i posted this morning to that site, "as an empath, this feels like a site run by someone with an agenda. there's been thought & intelligence in how to manipulate the minds. there is intent to incite. this is not an idiot / idiots. they are lacking in character & morals. that's a given. i'm reporting you to the authorities. consider this my formal complaint about what i see as an illegal conspiracy."

""silence truth.
Submitted Mon, 24/05/2010 - 23:42

yet when confronted...silence truth - you've done that
make accusations - you've done that
incite hatred and violent - you've done that
create wars - you've done that
label your enemy a terrorist - you've done that
label dissenters nutcases - you've done that

who has to gain by this conspiracy?"

i posted these comments on the backup "everyone draw mohammed" site as well. it went down within minutes of my post. they said they were disturbed about the level of hate that was being perpetuated.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by miasria]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by miasria]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
if you don't believe me then go to facebook, open an account and post a few key words

spoof
agent provacateur
inciting violence and hate
this is illegal.. a felony
conspiracy to incite violence.

it was the first 3 lines that got me deleted and banned. i had others do the same thing with the same results.

try it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
oh, go to the above mentioned site.

let me know how it goes.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This thread has been dead for awhile.

Is there someone you are responding to in particular or just here to vent?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
This thread has been dead for awhile.

Is there someone you are responding to in particular or just here to vent?

only wanting to express my opinion and to inform the public on the truth as i see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join