It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Bazarocka

Another chain email that is being posted as fact. It's really starting to be hard to hold my tongue with people like you who post crap without fact checking.

Snopes

Yea and somebody that would take the word of two idiots working out of a garage doesn't change my opinion THAT I AGREE with the Statement. Whole Heartily Young Man. Being a veteran of 3 wars and more armed conflicts than I care to remember. Another mans CRAP is another mans beliefs, watch your tongue. "And Respect Your Elders".

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Im assuming you were an illegal? Your defense appears that way. The only taxes they pay is sales tax. I dont see any other illegals having 6 anchor babies per woman. Mexicans/Guatemalans are the only ones i see.
They live 20 per apartment, work for only cash or work off of someones stolen identity.They go back to their country and live fat for a while. Happens here on a daily basis. Maybe you should not be so ignorant and look at the facts. Im assuming you have 20/20 vision right? All you got to do is open your eyes. If you dont see it you need to get them checked. Or you are guilty yourself. I dont know about you but i have never in my whole life ever met a non-English speaking Guatemalan named Steven Horowitz. Have you?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bazarocka

Yea and somebody that would take the word of two idiots working out of a garage doesn't change my opinion THAT I AGREE with the Statement.

So you don't like snopes...ok

How About This?

Or this one?

I don't care if you agree with it...doesn't change the fact that you didn't have the insight to verify if it was factual. Doesn't change the fact that you are spreading mis-information.

Being a veteran of 3 wars and more armed conflicts than I care to remember.

While I respect your service...it doesn't give you any more credibility or insight into this matter. If we were discussing something combat related...I would defer to you. But you can still be dead wrong even with the service you have given this country.

Another mans CRAP is another mans beliefs

But when that crap is verified false...maybe the other man should re-evaluate his beliefs.

watch your tongue. "And Respect Your Elders".

You show me where I spoke falsely and I will "watch my tongue". And I respect my elders in the fact that they have more experiences than I do...but I also realize that doesn't mean they have used those experiences wisely. For some people...a long time living only gives them more time to become dumber. I'm not saying that is your case...but just saying that being old doesn't automatically give you credibility.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

Im assuming you were an illegal? Your defense appears that way.

You know what happens when you ASSume?

The only taxes they pay is sales tax.

Do you have proof for that? I would like to see your source.

I dont see any other illegals having 6 anchor babies per woman. Mexicans/Guatemalans are the only ones i see.

Well I guess if YOU don't see it...it just doesn't exist. And you didn't answer...did you ask this woman if she was illegal...or could you just tell by looking at her?

They live 20 per apartment, work for only cash or work off of someones stolen identity.They go back to their country and live fat for a while. Happens here on a daily basis.

Really? Have you followed them back to their country to witness all of this happening??? Or do you have an external source...again...I would like to see it.

Maybe you should not be so ignorant and look at the facts.

If you provide sources to these "facts" of yours...I will be glad to look at them.

Im assuming you have 20/20 vision right?

Ummm...no...no I don't. But you are on par with your assumptions being wrong so far...so why stop now.

All you got to do is open your eyes. If you dont see it you need to get them checked. Or you are guilty yourself. I dont know about you but i have never in my whole life ever met a non-English speaking Guatemalan named Steven Horowitz. Have you?

Sure haven't...not sure what that proves though. Why are you so hung up on Guatemalans??? Why not people from Belize, or Hondurus, or Nicaragua??? Do Guatemalans have some type of special mark on them that makes them easy to identify???

But you still didn't answer any of my questions...how did you know they were all illegal??? Did you go up and ask all those people you are talking about?

You are speaking out of your hind end, making assumptions all over the place with no facts to back them up. And yet you say I don't have MY eyes open???

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

everywhere i went from a gas station that was Owned and Operated by Pakistanis a hotel owned by Indian from India Get this Irony ! A Food Court at the one of the Malls In Chattanooga Called American Star!! Owned Operated by a Family from Pakistan
This was 2 Years Ago Ill never Forget that Business everywhere i went to was Foreigner Owned!

And??? Why is this wrong? Do you want all businesses owned by whites? Are you just ASSuming that all these people are illegal immigrants? If they are legal or American citizens...WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM OWNING A BUSINESS???

And I bet you say you aren't racist...right?

Why can't a family from India, Pakistan, China, Mexico, or ANYWHERE come here to the United States and start a business...THAT IS THE AMERICAN DREAM.

Seriously...what did you want to see? Did you want to see all whites own the businesses...because that is what it sounds like...and that is disturbing.

the Deli is like their own Arbys! is CALLED AMERICAN STAR! and the ones that OWN it that RUN it are Foreigners ok Personally OWNED ill say it again American STAR AMERICAN STAR !!!! they are not even Americans !
do you get it NOW ?

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Maybe people are upset that now the po-po can stop ANYONE with dark skin, under suspicion of being illegal. Racial profile, much?

That means if you're Hispanic, Native American, Indian, or even light skinned Black, you can be pulled over and asked to provide proof that you are legal.

How the hell does one prove their legal? I don't carry my SS card or my birth certificate with me. That doesn't mean I'm an illegal.

I think it's a stupid stupid law, and am embarrassed to be an Arizonan. Those lawmakers need to watch "A Day Without a Mexican".

And for the record, I'm white.

I blame this all on Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his goons.

Let everyone that's brown, legals and illegals alike, leave the state. Let AZ go broke, because believe me, AZ makes MAD money off those brown folks.

www.colbertnation.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
those who elevate illegals over our laws are dooming them to destruction and despair.
I think we all know that we are more than capable of sanctioning violence by our government. Thats where the escalation goes. Like it or when you break the law you may get away with it, but keep rubbing it in peoples faces and you risk the comfort of your life as well as those around you.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

the Deli is like their own Arbys! is CALLED AMERICAN STAR! and the ones that OWN it that RUN it are Foreigners ok Personally OWNED ill say it again American STAR AMERICAN STAR !!!! they are not even Americans !
do you get it NOW ?

So you know for a FACT that they are not American citizens? Did you go ask them?

Did it ever occur to you that they came to America legally...became citizens...and started a business???

Is there a reason you think this couldn't happen...or maybe shouldn't happen?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just heard from a friend who lives in Phoenix, about what they are seeing this morning. Acts of vandalism, swastikas spray painted on buildings, this is going to get very messy/nasty before it all calms down.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The politicians are a big part of the illegal immigration problem, legislators here in Illinois are already requesting that Obama do something to reverse this new law in Arizona. The federal government is doing absolutely nothing to enforce our immigration laws & enforce our borders and they have no intentions to, so the states have to do whatever it takes to enforce those laws. I say a big
to the states that have the resolve to do whatever it takes to enforce our immigration laws. Sure there is bound to be some racial profiling, but I don't see any other way for them to try to curb the problem other than what they have come up with.

The fact that people are rioting over the "rights" of illegal immigrants just about says it all. This country is in really bad shape when people become violent over protecting criminals.

While true that this country is composed of immigrants, it is now a different time. We no longer need the amount of immigrants that we did say a hundred years ago. In fact we already take in more immigrants than we should. The majority of our population growth in this country comes from immigration.

Illegal immmigrants not only hurt this country and it's citizens, but they also hurt many people that attempt to come here legally. The country is becoming so crowded that people attempting to come here legally are turned away.

The majority of immigrants that come here legally work very hard to do so. They become American citizens, learn the language, follow the laws, and assimilate into the American way of life.

Unfortunately this is not the case with the majority of illegal immigrants, they break our laws the minute they cross the border, they have no desire to actually be part of our society, they have no desire to become Americans. They won't learn the language, they send the majority of the money they make here back to their homeland (which hurts our economy) they futher strain our economy by receiving health care, food stamps, and the expence of educating their children. They want to live here with our freedoms while holding allegiance to the country that they ran away from, what kind of sense does that make.

It never ceases to amaze how they won't fight for a better life in their own country, but they'll run over here and and create a big stink about how they're treated here, what rights they feel they should have (they have no rights here, they're here illegally) and attempt to try to force us to change our way of life to suit them.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

The fact that people are rioting over the "rights" of illegal immigrants just about says it all. This country is in really bad shape when people become violent over protecting criminals.

You, along with many others in this thread, are missing the point.

They main thing they are protesting is that this new law will be profiling AMERICAN CITIZENS who are hispanic.

I still don't know how people fail to see this is a huge infringement on the rights of American citizens...it will now be legal to stop American citizens and demand them to prove they are innocent (prove they are citizens). So they become guilty until they can prove their own innocence...all outside a court of law.

The lawsuits will come...and Arizona deserves every one it gets.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Your over reacting. I suppose you just want to do nothing about the illegal immigration problem. There is no totally awesome way of doing this. It will be nasty at times but the fact remains that we have to do something. Remember this is the same thing that was used to pass the bail-outs and health care reform. "We have to do something, doing nothing is not the answer." Well, Arizona is doing something.

This does not mean racial profiling. It means if you have a valid ID and paperwork you can go on about your business. If you don't then your ass gets deported back to your country. I don't mind showing my ID, do you?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I don't miss that point, but don't kid yourself, the "racial profiling" that they're "protesting" is just a guise. They know full well that the fastest way to get this law overturned is to scream racism. There are those that are truely upset about the racial profiling that will occur, but there are also those that only care about illegals getting caught and deported.

I don't know where you've been, but this business of proving yourself innocent has been the norm here for quite awhile now, long gone are the days of innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Racial profiling is also nothing new in this country, it's been going on for a long, long time. While I don't condone racial profiling, I don't see any other way to get the job done now the federal government hasn't left the states any other choice. They don't secure our borders, they don't enforce our immigration laws, they allow illegals to receive benefits intended for citizens, they allow them to commit crime after crime. And for what, so the politicians can get their votes, what a joke. It's no wonder they laugh at us and infiltrate our borders, this country has gone soft.

Illegal immigrants are hurting this country big time & they need to go, we've dealt with it for far too long now. How bout you come up with a reasonable way to get & keep them out of the country since the federal government isn't doing their job. Or would you prefer that we allow them to stay and continue to wreak havoc on this country & change it to what they want ?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I'd like to see you talk that stuff in little village, or back of the yards. Those areas economies are basically due to immigrants to America. Not to mention Brighton park, Pilsen, etc. I wonder what you'd be saying if they profiled Whites after Tim Mcveigh's domestic terrorism (the first since pearl harbor), like they did Arabs after nine1one. Or Mexicans now. By your logic, then I could say White people hate our freedoms and our country, and their militias prove they will never assimilate. The truth is, if we were talking about Whites instead of "Browns", all of you would be singing a very different tune.The fact is, you guys cheered when the Murrah building went down, nobody was crying out "watch that group of people"! Use the race card slogan of the teabaggers all you want, because that's the fundamental issue here. The racial profiling is already happening, and the law hasn't even taken effect yet. See here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You put true meaning to the saying "ignorance is bliss". By all of your responses i would bet my next paycheck that you would argue with a stop sign. Have a lovely day. I know truth hurts. You will get over it

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

So instead of providing sources to back up the claims you are making...you attempt to insult me and exit the thread.

Do you have an issue with me asking you to provide sources to back up your claims???

If not...why not provide those sources?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

reply to post by chise61

You, along with many others in this thread, are missing the point.

They main thing they are protesting is that this new law will be profiling AMERICAN CITIZENS who are hispanic.

I still don't know how people fail to see this is a huge infringement on the rights of American citizens...it will now be legal to stop American citizens and demand them to prove they are innocent (prove they are citizens). So they become guilty until they can prove their own innocence...all outside a court of law.

The lawsuits will come...and Arizona deserves every one it gets.

It shouldn't have to be this way, but if that's what it takes then we don't care if we are profiled. We have nothing to hide. We are sick and tired of illegals and have had enough. People are fed up and something has to be done. Arizona has the courage to stand up for its citizens and other states would be wise to do the same.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

LOL you say that as if I should have some fear of those neighborhoods. And what stuff would would you like to see me talk, the truth ?

Yes the same way the economies of German town, Logan Square, Humbolt park, little Italy, etc are greatly influenced by immigrants, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS .

They profiled militias after Tim Mcveigh, and now the dept of homeland security profiles our returning vets using Tim Mcveigh as an excuse. BTW you forgot to mention how they profiled the Japanese after Pearl Harbor, and the Irish, and the Chinese, etc, as I said racial profiling has been going on for a long time in this country. And no, I am in no way saying that it's right, just that it seems to be the only way left now since the feds can't seem to keep them ( illegal immigrants ) out.

By your logic, then I could say White people hate our freedoms and our country, and their militias prove they will never assimilate

Really ???? You may want to look into the role that the militia and the minutemen played in the revolutionary war.

White people get racially profiled too.

Can you be a little more specific as to who exactly was doing the cheering when the Murrah building went down, and who exactly are "you guys" ?

Racial profiling has been happening for a long time in this country.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by siahchi

White people get racially profiled too.

Your cool people
and your right they do. The difference is in that case it's being done from inside the same group. Hindu's racially profile themselves within the caste system, and it doesn't affect other peoples. Maybe the reason for this is the reality that most law enforcement are White, and the majority of detainees, whether
actually jailed or not, are non-White.

Can you be a little more specific as to who exactly was doing the cheering when the Murrah building went down, and who exactly are "you guys" ?

People that support gangs/militias. Don't get me wrong, our right is to defend ourselves, however it should be done effectively in groups by regular army and law enforcement ( it most certainly is not, unfortunately), not rag tag bands of often mentally imbalanced individuals running around with big guns. The solution is to use our power as citizens to bring attention to these situations to legislators, and failing that, to mobilize among the people to get someone other than a well connected millionaire into office, and, failing that, to elect each other. It can be done if people stopped talking about "it's time for civil war" and try using the system in place more effectively. More and more people of non-White descent are running for office and winning too. They will bring with them different perspectives, and because of that America's laws and cultural landscape are going to be very different. This will happen within 25-30 years, my guess is because of that, there will be more acts mass violence such as the Murrah building, and these acts will be carried out by Whites. Just look at the fervor since electing Obama, who says Democratic things but
does Republican things, just to appease this element who in reality, as evidenced by the actions of the teabaggers, are pretty much mad just cause he's Black.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Your over reacting. I suppose you just want to do nothing about the illegal immigration problem. There is no totally awesome way of doing this. It will be nasty at times but the fact remains that we have to do something. Remember this is the same thing that was used to pass the bail-outs and health care reform. "We have to do something, doing nothing is not the answer." Well, Arizona is doing something.

This does not mean racial profiling. It means if you have a valid ID and paperwork you can go on about your business. If you don't then your ass gets deported back to your country. I don't mind showing my ID, do you?

I have a couple questions for you.

Do you think American citizens who are hispanic in Arizona have a right to feel upset and maybe even scared? They know they now have to carry ID that NO OTHER American citizen has to carry. They have to now PROVE they are a CITIZEN...have you ever had to do that...with threat of deportation if you couldn't?

Do you think white American citizens in Arizona have any of the above concerns???

Can you honestly now say that white and hispanic AMERICAN CITIZENS (read: I'm not talking about illegal immigrants) are going to be treated as equals???

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join