It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

everywhere i went from a gas station that was Owned and Operated by Pakistanis a hotel owned by Indian from India Get this Irony ! A Food Court at the one of the Malls In Chattanooga Called American Star!! Owned Operated by a Family from Pakistan
This was 2 Years Ago Ill never Forget that Business everywhere i went to was Foreigner Owned!

And??? Why is this wrong? Do you want all businesses owned by whites? Are you just ASSuming that all these people are illegal immigrants? If they are legal or American citizens...WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM OWNING A BUSINESS???

And I bet you say you aren't racist...right?

Why can't a family from India, Pakistan, China, Mexico, or ANYWHERE come here to the United States and start a business...THAT IS THE AMERICAN DREAM.

Seriously...what did you want to see? Did you want to see all whites own the businesses...because that is what it sounds like...and that is disturbing.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni
Getting back on point here...

I am a Hispanic man, I have been stopped many MANY times by white police officers over trumped up accusations like:

1. A crime was committed and you fit the profile
2. You failed to completely stop at the stop sign
3. I have the right to demand ID from you
4. Identifying yourself to an officer of the law IS the law
5. etc etc

When you have a police officer smack you around, or another police officer stick a gun in your mouth, or charges brought against you for "resisting WITHOUT violence" and the many other run ins that I had when I was younger and you were called beaner, spic, lettuce picker etc

I have news for you. I am as white as you can get. I can't stay in the sun for more than 30 minutes without burning, and yet when I was young (about 15-21) I was treated the same way by cops, as were all my friends, white or otherwise.

I can understand why you would think it has to do with skin color, since the Jesse Jacksons, Al Sharptons, and PC Police work so hard to make you believe that, but believe me, it doesn't. It has to do only with youth, so stop being paranoid.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XNeMeSis21
If they really wanted to have this immigration problem solved they would really shut down the boarder, and crack down hard on employers hiring illegals, if there is no work they would just leave.

This law will do more bad then good to the people it's trying to supposedly protect.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

Obviously you're completely uninformed about Arizona's efforts in this area. Frequent raids are being made against employers of illegals, and the Feds are always trying to stop them because of alleged "racial profiling". The truth is the Feds WANT illegals here, and make every effort to see that they are.

As far as "shut down the boarder", Border states don't have the authority or the funding to do that. It's the responsibility of the Federal Government to secure the border, but they refuse, which is what made this law necessary. If the Feds did their job this thread wouldn't even exist.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
immigration will always be a problem as long as the government doesn't crack down on people who employ them. these construction worker types employing cheap labor, creating a safety hazard, should be deported as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by TrueAmerican

Lies.

Those are the jobs that Americans do not want

Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think that these are jobs that the companies rather give to illegals than to americans because they are cheaper, can make more profit from and easier to push around.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If I were king (or queen, actually) I would do several things:

1. Federally mandated HUGE punitive fines or imprisonment for employers of all levels who hire illegal immigrants. Additionally, federal and state level enforcement of current legal hiring practices laws.

This is the heart of the problem. But also, no subsidies or tax breaks to American businesses who set up overseas and do business here...slap on a big penalty on THEM and issue an import tax on their products. That way there is no incentive to move out of the country for slave labor; the cost of their products would be too high to buy.

2. Work with the governments of the countries whose people illegally immigrate into the US for reasons of survival. For example, we tell Mexico, "If you continue to pay your people unlivable wages, we will discontinue all trade with you. You MUST meet your obligations as a government to take better care of your people."

Lets be honest here. NAFTA and GATT destroyed 800,000 Mexican farmers living by dumping our American subsidized wheat (from the American Plantation farms of course) onto the Mexican and other economies, destroying the farmers markets. It is the USA and it's predatory marketing practices through NAFTA that has destroyed the livelihoods of so many people...as King or Queen, make sure you rescind NAFTA and
GATT and get rid of the FREE Trade agreements. they are not FAIR trade.

3. Anyone that commits a crime, requests government aid or education must prove their citizenship. Anyone who goes in for non-emergency medical care must prove their citizenship before treatment. We treat ALL emergency patients, but only if it's an actual emergency.

Problem here is that if people have communicable diseases, without treatment they can spread throughout the general population (the way TB has resurrected in a small way in the US); and some diseases that are communicable may not appear to be at first (may seem to be a 'cold' for instance). As for crime, Canada is deporting people who are not citizens who commit crime. recently there was a tv program on just this subject...USA sent gang members back to El Salvador where they were targeted by troops and killed; they were identified by their tattoos. We have enough homegrown criminals, we don't need to keep those here illegally.

4. Provide some physical security of the borders. Recall our troops from around the world where they're not wanted or are unproductive and station them along our borders. Put some of the money that we're now spending on useless wars into building a border patrol system that we can be proud of.

Again, what about our borders along the Coast? All the boats that dump off the illegals from Asia that work in sweatshops around San Francisco? And the thousands from Canada? And the East Coast and the south? Where will we get all the manpower?

5. Legalize a certain substance.

Great idea! But organized crime would lose a lot of $$$$$ and would fight back with their front politicians to prevent legalization, just like the Temperance ladies benefited the bootleggers. But legalization would bring in tremendous tax revenue.

The economy is tanking; people at the bottom are the first to feel it the worst. In every depression there are scapegoats.

The situation with the flags is a trigger; why people would want to fire off that cannon is beyond me. tempers are high, people always revert to patriotism to justify their anger, dangerous undercurrents are getting riled up.

Powerful nations should not react to tiny provocations; lions don't freak out when bitten by a gnat as they keep their eye on the hunt

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf
reply to post by AntiNWO

There will be demonstration after demonstration by so-called "pro-immigration" groups, lawsuit after lawsuit, and political organizing the likes of which have never been seen in Arizona. This law will be challenged constantly, until it costs too much to enforce.

The "pro-immigration" groups need to learn the difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien, one is worth fighting for, the other is a burden on society. When they bring a lawsuit pertaining to illegals the judge should fine them for wasting tax payer money and toss it all out of court.

I couldn't agree more, and that's a huge problem with the ILLEGAL immigration debate. The people advocating for the illegals are doing so while absolutely refusing to make that distinction in order to confuse the issue. Thus, in their arguments they push the assumption that anyone who's against ILLEGAL immigrants is against ALL immigrants. They need that lie because it's all they have to support the "racism" myth, and "racism" is the only thing they can use to trump the law.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
there are children in this country who came as infants/toddlers, who through not fault of their own, grew up here, were educated here and are in all ways, americans. But because their parents came illegally, they are considered as such. I think this is unfair; if a child such as this is a productive individual, they should be given preference for citizenship.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Originally posted by greenovni
Getting back on point here...

I am a Hispanic man, I have been stopped many MANY times by white police officers over trumped up accusations like:

1. A crime was committed and you fit the profile
2. You failed to completely stop at the stop sign
3. I have the right to demand ID from you
4. Identifying yourself to an officer of the law IS the law
5. etc etc

When you have a police officer smack you around, or another police officer stick a gun in your mouth, or charges brought against you for "resisting WITHOUT violence" and the many other run ins that I had when I was younger and you were called beaner, spic, lettuce picker etc

I have news for you. I am as white as you can get. I can't stay in the sun for more than 30 minutes without burning, and yet when I was young (about 15-21) I was treated the same way by cops, as were all my friends, white or otherwise.

I can understand why you would think it has to do with skin color, since the Jesse Jacksons, Al Sharptons, and PC Police work so hard to make you believe that, but believe me, it doesn't. It has to do only with youth, so stop being paranoid.

From the 35 posts that I've have written in this thread all you can come up with is this?

I am the least PC person in this thread, sh*t, I am not PC at all!

Fact is, cops over all are white, power tripping goons who bad bad high school years.

Spanish and black cops ARE worst since they have SOMETHING TO PROVE TO THEIR WHITE COUNTER PARTS.

Which is why my verbal Jedi skills are top notch and can hold my own with the best of them in ANY court setting at ANY time for ANY "crime"
(not really crimes but violation of whatever State's STATUE)

I am in no way paranoid nor scared of police officers or ANY court officer which means that their "hold"that they had on me was "broken" long time ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wow, Now I know how Germans viewed the Jews and made it OK to round them up and move them. I read alot on here and this is truly amazing how stupid the majority of americans are.

Everything that is happening in the U.S. is because Americans don't know what to do. Things are getting bad and we just accept it. Arizona is backwards and racist. Its a shame how the media controls peoples thoughts. You are the type of people who watch the news to see how your going to feel about topics on the news. Its a shame you are so stupid.

Who's going to speak up for you when they knock on your door?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Wolfenz

everywhere i went from a gas station that was Owned and Operated by Pakistanis a hotel owned by Indian from India Get this Irony ! A Food Court at the one of the Malls In Chattanooga Called American Star!! Owned Operated by a Family from Pakistan
This was 2 Years Ago Ill never Forget that Business everywhere i went to was Foreigner Owned!

And??? Why is this wrong? Do you want all businesses owned by whites? Are you just ASSuming that all these people are illegal immigrants? If they are legal or American citizens...WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM OWNING A BUSINESS???

Wolfenz + I see that you like to start a argument here ... did you bother to look at the link of the Chattanooga Foreign born population ?

yes there are Immigrants ! even ask some of them did i say Illegal ! nope ... Foreigners yes i said that Please tell how a Immigrant can get a Business that is from those dirt poor 3rd world country s ? my guess Instant Credit , Loan ?

here is another hint !!! for detecting a Immigrant besides Accent !
they have no American Culture Vibe of Style even their children are complete different ! from them if they came to the states at a toddler stage or born here living the American Culture Lifestyle

And I bet you say you aren't racist...right?

racist im not i have 2 races that makes me ! Celt and Native American

my close Cousin's Father is from India My Cuz was born here in the states and did not live in the India lifestyle ! so nope im not a racist

I do admit i have a certain culture problem and a few religion disagreements

Why can't a family from India, Pakistan, China, Mexico, or ANYWHERE come here to the United States and start a business...THAT IS THE AMERICAN DREAM.

Wolfenz = what ? you need to start looking around in major metro areas in the big city's in this country I did not expect in a Transportation hub of Tennessee that connects to N & S Carolina , Georgia , Alabama
The American Dream was fine and dandy in the early 20th century

NOW its time to close the Book for now!

are you a Immigrant ?

Native Americans have a whole history of a white problem and Still do especaily where im from !

please watch the trailer called Frozen River! my AREA! of the Smuggling of Illegal Immigrant problem !

and for the white problem watch ( you are on Indian land )! and oka crisis mostly in Canada and US boarder

My territory
the full Doc you are on Indian Land == refresh if you dont see the video
you can see also the oka crisis on the same site check the trailers !
www.nfb.ca...#

Frozen River Trailer = the Smuggle and the drive to do it whites and native alike

www.youtube.com...

Seriously...what did you want to see? Did you want to see all whites own the businesses...because that is what it sounds like...and that is disturbing.

LOL no !!! look above !

You have No clue ! do you !

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Nevermind..

Second line...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I live in south Florida. In Palm Beach County to be exact. In the town of Jupiter my 16 year old Son cannot even get a part time job anywhere because of all the illegal Mexicans/Guatemalans that have fake I.D's taking up all the jobs here. You cannot walk into a McDonalds,Wendy's,Burger King and see one American working there. Makes me sick. You go down Center street and you see 3 Guatemalan women pushing a limo stroller with 2 babies,3 kids following her and pregnant with another.. Anchor babies. Its BS! They are a bunch of sponges draining our economy. They pay no taxes. They get AFDC,food stamps,WIC above anyone that pays taxes. People want to defend them all the time talking about how they do jobs that we as Americans will not do.. BS!! I say send them back or cut them off and make them want to go back... You remember, if you ever need any kind of assistance from a community center,county, or church and they tell you that all of their resources are depleted and you see a line of immigrants around you know why... Like i said, if they did something to help our economy instead of hurt it i wouldnt care... /thread rant over..

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nevermind-Part II...

I'm tired of these threads....Do what you want...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by siahchi
The reason we are here today discussing this is because of empire and neo empire the likes of which the world has never known before. The closest parallel that can be drawn is the Mongol empire, though they did not force their culture on the conquered. Neighbors will fight over fences, it's human nature, however the nature of western imperialism is anything BUT natural. You want uncollected taxes paid? What about the billions due this country from these vampires? the vampires Who's screaming about immigration? Which immigrants vastly changed the social and natural order of this country? One group of people, the same ones who were silent during the crimes of the bush regime, and now up in arms tea bagging us all since a partially non White person took the highest office of the land. That's the demographic. And Arizona is far from multi ethnic, in fact it's 86% White. America will never get over it's racial issues because it's never took them on directly, and has been deeply flawed since it's founding because of them. It has applied "bandages" to the problem, usually after mass civil protest and acts of violence have forced the hand of those in power. Are we perfect? No. Is it every Americans duty to help guide us to a more perfect union? I'd say yes, and that it's possible. Is the racial profiling that is to be the law of the land in Arizona moving us towards that more perfect union? Emphatically NOT.

Why is it when someone or group thinks that they are being targeted, the first word out of their mouth is Racism? I find that to be offensive, as that claim can be made by anyone at any time, and if the person who that claim is made is like a man being accused of Rape, up the creek.
The reality is these are not people who are law abiding, they have already broken the law. 8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien
(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection;
misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States
at any time or place other than as designated by immigration
officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration
officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United
States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the
willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first
commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or
imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent
commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or
imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.
(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties
Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to
enter) the United States at a time or place other than as
designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil
penalty of -
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or
attempted entry); or
(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of
an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under
this subsection.
Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not
in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be
imposed.
(c) Marriage fraud
Any individual who knowingly enters into a marriage for the
purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws shall be
imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or fined not more than
$250,000, or both.
(d) Immigration-related entrepreneurship fraud
Any individual who knowingly establishes a commercial enterprise
for the purpose of evading any provision of the immigration laws
shall be imprisoned for not more than 5 years, fined in accordance
with title 18, or both.
The reality is that those who violate this law have commited a crime, they have broken the laws of the country. If you are saying we should not enforce this law, then you are agreeing that if you are assulted, stabed, robbed or any other crime that may be comitted on you, should also be ignored. As a nation of laws, we can not choose to ignore one aspect cause it may seem unfair, to people who are not even citizens of the country. The Arizona law is forcing the Federal Government to take action, something that should have been done all along, and the federal government has not. How many more people have to die before you believe it is enough? What is the number or the price from the criminial activity? In Arizona many of the illegale immigrants go through the roughest terrain there is, the desert and die in the process, they have vaults of remains, of people who have died, crossing the boarder illegally. In Southern California, near San Diego, if people go out near the boarder, they have to go in body armor, bushes where womens panties are hung proclaiming rape. So what is the number of victims before we do something, what is far crueler and more racist? Doing something and actively stopping the problem? Or doing nothing and supporting murder, rape, sex trafficing, virtual slavery and indentured servitued?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Robin Williams recently made this speech up in N.Y., And I have to say, hell of a plan, but many of us have been saying this for years. Kudos to "Mork form Ork". It's probably the only plan that would actually FIX the problem.

Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says 'I love New York ' in Arabic.

You gotta love Robin Williams........Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.
Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

'I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan.'

1) 'The US, UK , CANADA and AUSTRALIA will apologize to the world for our 'interference' in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good 'ole' boys', we will never 'interfere' again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany , South Korea , the Middle East , and the Philippines . They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are from. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here.. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign 'students' over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a 'D' and it's back home baby. 6) The US, UK , CANADA and AUSTRALIA will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise.. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not 'interfere.' They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us 'Ugly Americans' any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH..learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

'The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses...' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' '

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
that is one heck of a SCHOOL, of thought..

if 12 million people left america, Legally.

Our economy would not collapse. Since quite frankly it appears our Economy, is based off of credit, from the markets, to the main street. Investing in the Future. I am sure their would be more money to go around as well, since I am doing the math..

Their is a right and wrong side to this debate. Not just the bill, but the theory behind what the bill is designed to do, how you can compare America, to Nazi's Or North Korea, for trying to get into the illegal immigration war, I dunno what is worse..

It appears the only thing people who are opposed to Arizona trying to remain part of a Civilization, is calling it a racist action being done by White people, and well I guess black people as well, oh heck lets just call us AMERICANS..

The federal Government, I hope got a wake up call. REFORM IS WAY OVER DUE.

Now we need the technology to trace the fake SS#'s illegal immigrants are using. Also the ID's.

People going to be rioting in the streets when law enforcement is asking you for a ID? LOL I was working once and a had a county worker come up to me asking me about a permit for the job, he was black, and I did not think he was being racist.. I have also had a state worker come to me asking me for my DL # so she could look me up and make sure i was not on unemployment or disability or something. I did not think she was sexist..

If your not breaking the law.. What do you care?

(Shop is closed on this thread)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazarocka

Another chain email that is being posted as fact. It's really starting to be hard to hold my tongue with people like you who post crap without fact checking.

Snopes

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

You cannot walk into a McDonalds,Wendy's,Burger King and see one American working there. Makes me sick.

Really...did you make this judgment based off the color of their skin? Because you do know that non-whites can also be American citizens...right? Did you ask them all to prove they were illegal immigrants? Exactly HOW do you know that that ALL these employees are not American citizens???

You go down Center street and you see 3 Guatemalan women pushing a limo stroller with 2 babies,3 kids following her and pregnant with another.. Anchor babies. Its BS!

And I assume you went and verified that she is also an illegal immigrant too...right??? And you knew she was Guatemalan just be looking at her did ya??? That is pretty darn good.

yeah....those darn "Anchor Babies"...I like to call them another name...you may not like it though...I call them "American Citizens". Natural born citizens to be exact...maybe they will be OUR (that includes YOU) President some day.

They are a bunch of sponges draining our economy. They pay no taxes. They get AFDC,food stamps,WIC above anyone that pays taxes.

And I just know you have sources for all these "facts"...right??? I'm gonna have to ask you to provide those. I would like to see the source that says illegal immigrants pay "NO TAXES" and that they actually get preferential treatment at welfare offices.

Go ahead...go get those sources for your "facts"...I'll wait...I'll be here to respond.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Round up the protester's and check their status....

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join