It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok creationists answer me this please

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by novastrike81

Do you want to provide any kind of support for that claim? People keep making these claims, yet the Bible was written as a guidebook for people's beliefs. Why would it say a day when it actually referred 1000 years? I am capable of believing that something like the Bible contains deeper truths, but why would it be so contradictory on something that is so crucial to its validity? The fact is, when it was written the world was thought to be much younger and the science wasn't there to date the world. It hasn't been until recently that science has gained a deeper understanding of how the Earth was formed and as a result evangelicals have had to change their story and claim such things like when the Bible says a day it actually means something completely different.

Yeah, sure no problem. It wasn't a direct quote from the Bible but I'll show it to you; more of an off the top of my head at the moment thing.
It sounds contradictory because people take it out of context to make it fit what they want to believe instead of understanding the meaning of the passage and who it was being said too and under what circumstances.

2 Peter 3:8 says;
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

What most people misunderstand is that they say is a thousand years.... Which is where the 6,000 year old earth comes from. That's not what is being said in this passage. Peter used a figure of speech known as a simile to compare a day to a thousand years. It is not that one day is precisely equivalent to 1,000 years or vice versa. Rather, within the specific context of 2 Peter 3, one could say that they share a likeness. With men, the passing of long periods of time generally affects their keeping of promises, but not with God. Time has no bearing on whether He will do what He said He would do: "a thousand years are as one day."

Another point to consider is that Peter used the term “day” (Greek hemera) and the phrase “thousand years” (chilia ete). This in itself is proof that God is able to communicate to man the difference between one day and 1,000 years. (For similes to make sense, one first must understand the literal difference between what is being compared. If there were no difference, then it would be meaningless to use such a figure of speech).

One day with the LORD is a thousand years?

This article explains the passage and what it is trying to portray. Then you can understand why people use this to date the Earth to 6,000 years ago. I don't think it makes much of a difference how old the Earth is, it's just people trying to understand their origins.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by spy66

So you're telling me that the before the Earth was made, God's days were infinite ?

Yes i sure am. Gods days are infinite.

I can tell you something about how things work, because you clearly have no idea.

Time is a measuring system we have chose by observing Finite matter and energy. And we have chosen a standard from this observation to make our measurements.

There are three dimensions that make time possible.

1. The infinite.

2. Matter.

3. Emitted energies.

There are only two dimension that are possible to measure.

1. Matter.

2. Emitted energies.

One dimension houses them all and that is the infinite dimension.

There are two observers.

Do you know who they are?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I agree. But I would like to add. If people like to argue creation with the help of science. There is a way to determine how long each stage would have taken.

To be able to determine how long the creation of heaven and earth took scientifically. All you have to do is recognize that:

-Time began when God created light.

So, if you notice the first stage must of happened very fast. Than you should notice that the nest stage would take more time. And the nest stage even longer time and so on.

Explained very easily. Time expands as emitted energy expand, and matter change. So between every stage you have a expansion of time. That means it takes longer and longer to finish each stage of Gods creation.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Thank you for your answer.

I'm not is ignorant as you might think I am.

To be honest. I was just struck down by laughter when I read your post.
I had to reply.

Two observers huh ? Lets see...

I have my own ideas, not sure if they are the same as yours tho. I don't really know what your perspective is in the grand design.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

It is a falsehood to believe that there should be millions of examples of these fossil remains. The T Rex is known from around 30 specimens. Archaeopteryx is known from 11 specimens. You list Piltdown Man which is a known hoax. Peking man, Homo erectus pekinensis, is a known species of man.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaCommando5

The simple answer is that bovines are not descended from whales.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Evolution theory describes the diversity of life, not the origin of life. The origin of life is vague due to the billions of years since the event happened. Have people been able to create a new species? That's a fair question. It wasn't done on purpose. It seems that there is a moth in Hawaii that feeds on banana plants. There are 5 species that feed exclusively on banana plants. The banana was introduced to the islands 1500 years ago when people brought the plants to the islands.

Omiodes Moths

One of the oddest things about the evolutionary history of these moths, and what inspired me to work on them, is that five species of endemic Hawaiian Omiodes have apparently evolved to specialize on the leaves of Polynesian cultivars of banana, a plant that was introduced into Hawai‘i within the past 1,500 years.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You are quite mistaken in thinking that evolution is a theory. Evolution is a fact. Darwinism is an example of a theory that describes the fact.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Can you prove that the neanderthal or so-called missing link fossils are frauds? Any evidence to put forth?

There is no evidence for a global flood. The golden age before the mythical flood doesn't exist.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Like most things the illuminati and the invisible college come up with, they are either forgeries, lies, feeble elderly, diseased, suffering gigantism, or atypical rarities. Now the giant nephilim remains are real though.

If you don't believe in God, how did we all get here?
Please don't say "aliens"!!!!

[edit on 3-5-2010 by AliensAreDemons]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Oh, the golden age before the flood did exist, and you will see a temporary glimpse -a shadow -of it during the anti-Christ's 7 year New World Order. You will be both amazed and frightened by what the grigori disguised as "aliens" have been helping men build and suppress lately in D.U.M.B.s all around the world.

It will be just like the days of Noah...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Hi.
Could you explain to me what a bovene is ?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliensAreDemons

Like most things the illuminati and the invisible college come up with, they are either forgeries, lies, feeble elderly, diseased, suffering gigantism, or atypical rarities. Now the giant nephilim remains are real though.

If you don't believe in God, how did we all get here?
Please don't say "aliens"!!!!

We got here through a series of cosmic events and Evolution, both of which have evidence

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Hi.
Could you explain to me what a bovene is ?

A bovine is the name given a group of animals, yak, cow, bull, etc, but it's mostly used as cow or bull.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AliensAreDemons

Hi there mr. Aliens are demons.

Why are aliens such an absurd idea ?

Cause if I'm not mistaken your demons were part of the same species of aliens A.K.A. angels.

And if you believe you probably agree that angels came before man did.

So could it be that they were the result of a project on another planet ?
Does not sound strange to me. Espescially if the stories in the bible are considered true.
To me aliens actualy sound more logical.But that's just me.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

A bovine is the term to represent all cattle. Cows are female bovine.
Bovinae - wikipedia

Of, relating to, or resembling a ruminant mammal of the genus Bos, such as domestic cattle, or buffalo.

edit: Removed ox from the definition I found online. An ox is a 3 year or older cattle that has been trained to listen to voice commands. It is not a specie. Definitions for ox may vary with locality.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by stereologist]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AliensAreDemons

If there was no flood how can there be a time before the flood?

Your response provides no evidence - only some sort of vague speculation.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Thanks. In Dutch we have a specific name for naming an entire branche of related species.

Like your example of a cow, ox, and so on, are all part of a rund.

We have a saying. Every cow is a rund, but not all rund are a cow.
A rund is also used for something who gets warned not to fool around with ( for example )fireworks and still he gets his fingeres blown of.
A government project called S.I.R.E. Uses the slogan.
Je bent een rund als je met vuurwerk stunt. Which means something like:
You're an idiot if you fool around with exploding materials. Caution is mandatory.

I know Way to much info.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

We got here through a series of cosmic events and Evolution, both of which have evidence

You ca'n find evidence for everything.
Proving it is way more difficult.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

You ca'n find evidence for everything.
Proving it is way more difficult.

Mind finding me some evidence for god that doesn't need an assumption?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join