It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok creationists answer me this please

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by NOTurTypical

i realy dont believe any one ever lived past 130
if that
so no in my opinion the neanderthal bones are valid
Are you kidding me? nearly all "neanderthal" or missing-link skeletons are frauds, so they don't even stand up on their OWN testimony.

There are MANY eyewitness accounts of the early fathers living that long, and besides that, every ancient civilization on the globe has stories about their "golden age" ancestors who lived to be near 1,000 years old pre-flood.

believe it if you want or not, that's inconsequential, but with what we already know about how certain bones grow throughout a person's life, we'd expect to see that on pre-flood human skulls.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Really ? Eye witnesses ?

Tell me , who are they and where can I read or see or hear their testimonies ?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Really ? Eye witnesses ?

One example is Enoch, his son was Methusela, the oldest living man in the Bible.

But why do you even ask?? There are plenty of eye-witness testimonies of the miracles of Jesus, and Him being raised from the dead and you probably don't care to read those either, so why bother I ask myself??

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That`s a very good and valid question. And as an open minded "christian" (i guess its just a label since I turned away from organized religion) I don`t see any problem with asking such questions. But then, I`m different than a lot of religious folk. Again, as an open minded person, I`d have to say there`s a lot of possibilities. Since none of us have met god, and the bible along with every other book written, was made by humans who are inherently imperfect, we can`t say exactly what god is (or are). I have to disagree with people who say that they "know" that things went down a certain way back then when they were not there. Maybe when god created man, what he really did was helped us to evolve from neandertal to modern man. When you keep your mind open and don`t limit yourself to one single interpretation, there are many possibilities. I don`t profess to know the answer, in fact I don`t profess to "know" anything. To do so would be a wild assumption. How many times in our history have our beliefs about the world been turned completely upside down? Enough times for us to realize it may happen again. I know there are not many like me, but I just wanted you to know that not every religious person is an a hole who thinks they know it all. It`s not gods or religions fault that these maniacs decided to label themselves "christian" or "muslim" and then go out and do everything against their own religion so other people who don`t know any better will point to them and say "Look at all the evil, ignorance and stupidity done in the name of god. Religion must be a bad thing ." 0

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctor j and inmate c5779
That`s a very good and valid question. And as an open minded "christian" (i guess its just a label since I turned away from organized religion) I don`t see any problem with asking such questions. But then, I`m different than a lot of religious folk. Again, as an open minded person, I`d have to say there`s a lot of possibilities. Since none of us have met god, and the bible along with every other book written, was made by humans who are inherently imperfect, we can`t say exactly what god is (or are). I have to disagree with people who say that they "know" that things went down a certain way back then when they were not there. Maybe when god created man, what he really did was helped us to evolve from neandertal to modern man. When you keep your mind open and don`t limit yourself to one single interpretation, there are many possibilities. I don`t profess to know the answer, in fact I don`t profess to "know" anything. To do so would be a wild assumption. How many times in our history have our beliefs about the world been turned completely upside down? Enough times for us to realize it may happen again. I know there are not many like me, but I just wanted you to know that not every religious person is an a hole who thinks they know it all. It`s not gods or religions fault that these maniacs decided to label themselves "christian" or "muslim" and then go out and do everything against their own religion so other people who don`t know any better will point to them and say "Look at all the evil, ignorance and stupidity done in the name of god. Religion must be a bad thing ." 0

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

thank you for posting
i stay with the evolution but you have some interesting ideas

now you are a christian but not a memebr of organized religion i would call you an open minded spiritual christian and not a religious one
its great to see open minded posts from people though mine is not so open, i mean i am open mided just not so much when it comes to these things

i made a thread a while ago that was titled star wars apparently fact not fiction or so says this website
it was about this guy on his website saying that the force weas real and god and christ were aliens, there were many biblical references interpereted through a "star wars" lens
i openly ridicule that theory but i do find it very interesting
maybe you would be intereseted to check it out?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

i realy dont believe any one ever lived past 130
if that
so no in my opinion the neanderthal bones are valid
Are you kidding me? nearly all "neanderthal" or missing-link skeletons are frauds, so they don't even stand up on their OWN testimony.

There are MANY eyewitness accounts of the early fathers living that long, and besides that, every ancient civilization on the globe has stories about their "golden age" ancestors who lived to be near 1,000 years old pre-flood.

believe it if you want or not, that's inconsequential, but with what we already know about how certain bones grow throughout a person's life, we'd expect to see that on pre-flood human skulls.

no i am not kidding me every culture also their own flood story, dragon and monster mythology etc but that dont mean any of it is true

take for example noahs arc everyone knows this story
if noah and his family got on the arc and saved two of every animal
and this occired in the middle east, how did koala bears, kangaroos, orangatans, polar bears, anteaters and, all the other animals who were native to far off lands get their?

another thing if there was a flood and only noah survived? how do you explain american indians, japenese, chinese, africans and europeans being where they are today? especially since all those races have been where they are for thousands of years?
are you telling me that all these people are descendents of noah? i dont think so. especially in native americans case because they had been in the americas for so long and america is way far away from the middle east.

also why do you take the bible as fact? i suspect because thats how you grew up, believing everything you were told in church. but feel free to enlighten me

also if methusala lived for 100 years where is he now? if he is dead then surely he has an extravagant tomb somewhere that we could look at his remains and find his age but i doubt thisman ever existed, remember just because a book says so doesnt make it true

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have just spent two years trying to figure out how God created earth. By reading Genesis chapter one. I have only reached verse 11.

And here you guys are talking about evolution of man. Geese's.

Either i am very slow or you people sure have gotten all your facts straight. But you know, the arguments in this post speak for it self. So i am not even going to say a word.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Those of you who say that there are two earth ages, the second beginning at Genesis 1:3, why would the entire galaxy be destroyed with the first age? Did god just wipe out everything and start over?

The rest of the galaxy, such as the sun, moon, planets, and stars weren't created until day 4....so did those things just not exist in the first age or did god destroy all that too, and if so, why?

And since there was no sun at the beginning of creation and just water, why wasn't the water actually ice....being that there was no sun?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Those of you who say that there are two earth ages, the second beginning at Genesis 1:3, why would the entire galaxy be destroyed with the first age? Did god just wipe out everything and start over?

The rest of the galaxy, such as the sun, moon, planets, and stars weren't created until day 4....so did those things just not exist in the first age or did god destroy all that too, and if so, why?

And since there was no sun at the beginning of creation and just water, why wasn't the water actually ice....being that there was no sun?

You are quite right since there is no sun the waters should be ice.

But the thing is, When moses mentioned the waters. He is not talking about H2O. Don't pay attention to ignorance. People who think Moses is talking about H2O, in the first few verses of Genesis chapter one, probable don't know the first thing about science.

When Moses is talking about the waters he is talking about energies. God is creating heaven and earth.

When God said: let there be light. God creates the firmament in the midst of the waters. In the midst of infinite energy. Than God Goes on to say Let It separate the waters from the waters. Here God is explaining how the emitted energies from the firmament separates energies from infinite energy. "Remember, God is creating heaven and earth".

The firmament is every planet and stars. Earth included. Heaven is all the emitted energies. Because God created heaven and earth.

There is only one creation. God created it when he said: Let there be light.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

But the thing is, When moses mentioned the waters. He is not talking about H2O. Don't pay attention to ignorance. People who think Moses is talking about H2O, in the first few verses of Genesis chapter one, probable don't know the first thing about science.

When Moses is talking about the waters he is talking about energies. God is creating heaven and earth.

When God said: let there be light. God creates the firmament in the midst of the waters. In the midst of infinite energy. Than God Goes on to say Let It separate the waters from the waters. Here God is explaining how the emitted energies from the firmament separates energies from infinite energy. "Remember, God is creating heaven and earth".

The firmament is every planet and stars. Earth included. Heaven is all the emitted energies. Because God created heaven and earth.

Genesis 1:10 says that god created the seas. He even mentions dry land in verse 9. Again, why was it water and not ice since there wasn't a sun?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Genesis 1:10 says that god created the seas. He even mentions dry land in verse 9. Again, why was it water and not ice since there wasn't a sun?

Yes, in verse 10. God says he created the seas. But that is in verse 10.

So God hadn't created the seas in any of the other verses, Right?

Verse 9. Does not say anything about any seas. It talks about waters goatherd in one place under the heaven. Her God is talking about earths atmosphere. Its all a part of a cooling proses. Earth is cooling down and releasing heated energies into the atmosphere. And when this happens earth will harden and dry land will appear. And when the heated energies cool down some of these will fall down and create the seas.

If you are going to argue this scientifically. Look at every verse scientifically.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yes, I'm talking about verse 10, isn't that talking about water as we know it? If so, how is it water when there is no sun until day 4?

Note, I'm not talking about the gas as you describe in the earlier verses. I'm talking about the water in verse 10. Is that a sea of water, or a sea of gas?

If it is water, how can it be when there is NO sun until day 4?

Matter of fact, why isn't the whole world covered in ice?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

also if methusala lived for 100 years where is he now? if he is dead then surely he has an extravagant tomb somewhere that we could look at his remains and find his age but i doubt thisman ever existed, remember just because a book says so doesnt make it true

I thought you believed in evolution. Isn't the science behind evolution partially based on finding ancient human remains? Are you honestly saying that you have faith that archeologists have found every single ancient human remain on the face of the planet? You're saying that you doubt an ancient man ever existed.

Isn't that the same argument that creationists use for the remains of a missing link? Besides there are many books written about evolution that say things about a missing link, yet the missing link hasn't been found. Your argument, "just because a book says so doesn't make it true" can be applied to creationism as well as evolutionism.

Also did Lucy have an extravagant tomb?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yes, I'm talking about verse 10, isn't that talking about water as we know it? If so, how is it water when there is no sun until day 4?

Note, I'm not talking about the gas as you describe in the earlier verses. I'm talking about the water in verse 10. Is that a sea of water, or a sea of gas?

If it is water, how can it be when there is NO sun until day 4?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Hydroman]

Well if earth is hot. And the atmosphere is hot. The sea would probably be hot too. Because the sea would be in between.
It would probably be steaming because of the differential in pressure. You know the Hot earth and the cooler gasses making up the atmosphere. The atmosphere would be cooler than the sea and the earth. because it consists of emitted energies from both the sea and the earth.

What the sea is made up of i don't know at this point. But it wouldn't be like the sea water we have today.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Really ? Eye witnesses ?

One example is Enoch, his son was Methusela, the oldest living man in the Bible.

But why do you even ask?? There are plenty of eye-witness testimonies of the miracles of Jesus, and Him being raised from the dead and you probably don't care to read those either, so why bother I ask myself??

Oh, I did read them. That's why I asked.
Your so called 'eyewitnesses testimonies' were written down after they were death.
They could have lied.
The writers could have lied or changed the story to whatever suited them best.

There is not a single proven piece of evidence that the testimonies where you are talking about are the truth.

Besides the fact that a second ( or more ) hand story does not fall under the tag 'eyewitness testimony'

So before you're making these absurd claims for the truth. I suggest you research the source. The truth is not the truth because it says it's the truth.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Well if earth is hot. And the atmosphere is hot. The sea would probably be hot too. Because the sea would be in between.
It would probably be steaming because of the differential in pressure. You know the Hot earth and the cooler gasses making up the atmosphere. The atmosphere would be cooler than the sea and the earth. because it consists of emitted energies from both the sea and the earth.

What the sea is made up of i don't know at this point. But it wouldn't be like the sea water we have today.

I guess that could make sense, but would it cool down fast enough for the fish to survive in it on the 5th day?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I guess that could make sense, but would it cool down fast enough for the fish to survive in it on the 5th day?

Put like that! No, of course not.

LoL, i know a lot of people can read. But a lot less can understand what they read.

-When Did God create the sun?

Before God created the sun. Do you honestly think God used a 24 hour day?

Because, how could he. There is no sun to set to create a new day.

So a day in Gods terms would indicate something else than a 24 hour shift.

You know your self, that what your saying is impossible.

I even know, that what your saying is impossible. Why do i have the answer and you don't?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

So you're telling me that the before the Earth was made, God's days were infinite ?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

So you're telling me that the before the Earth was made, God's days were infinite ?

God IS infinite but if you have to put it into perspective: A day on earth is a thousand years to God.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Do you want to provide any kind of support for that claim? People keep making these claims, yet the Bible was written as a guidebook for people's beliefs. Why would it say a day when it actually referred 1000 years? I am capable of believing that something like the Bible contains deeper truths, but why would it be so contradictory on something that is so crucial to its validity? The fact is, when it was written the world was thought to be much younger and the science wasn't there to date the world. It hasn't been until recently that science has gained a deeper understanding of how the Earth was formed and as a result evangelicals have had to change their story and claim such things like when the Bible says a day it actually means something completely different.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join