It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Glad to see as the thread progress that some other actual drivers were on to set the record straight. Thought I was going to have to give the old Truckin' Bozo a call to come on here.

CDL Holders have an immense amount of requirements far above and beyond what regular licensed drivers put up with. If fact we have a whole thick book. And I am sure buried somewhere in there is regulation that states to carry a legitimate birth certificate at all times.

I was told specifically to always carry one back at driving school and currently mine is outside in the van. I have gone in and came out of Canada three times at Windsor. And they never bothered to ask for it. And yes, returning is a bigger pain in the butt than going in.

I also carried up to date examinations for the cats. Little rascals could come and go easier than I could. Crossing into or out of Quebec Providence is the real pain in the .... They happened to decide they were separating from Canada that week/day/hour (whichever) and would only speak in French.

TheRedneck:

I had a trainee in a coup in the Bluegrass that wanted to do the full inspection back when I was with my trainer. So we let them to give him experience and me experience in it as well. He did indeed ask if we had our Birth Certificates on us since our carrier did do some GM loads through Windsor, but didn't ask to see them.

He also wanted to shut us down over not having the white linens in the bunk rule. And he would have had us, had Carlos not pulled out a clean set and gave him the story that he saves them for when he has to give shelter in order for them to be fresh and clean.

OTR was alright, but not sure if I would go back to doing it. It just seemed like there was no realization how quickly time was passing. A moth was just a week to me out there. Oh and I learned that an easy disqualification for the FAST Pass is to hold a CCW license or permit from your home state. It will also give you problems when going into Canada because it comes up when they run your CDL. Probably will on a Passport as well, but I never had one as they were not required back then for crossing.

And to anyone else still reading at this point, the FAST Pass is slightly better than a Passport because a full background check is done by FBI, CIA, RCMP and Interpol and any other agency that they wish to contact before issuing it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Absolutely, they do it all over the US.

Not where I am right now, but I am sure it will happen sooner or later.

I left Fresno California for many reasons.

One was the "supposed" drunk driving "checkpoints".

They were not for drunk driving. They are set up to seize assets and that is the only purpose. Illegal aliens? Hell, they would just take their vehicles and send them on their way, but of course if you were a citizen and they found ANY statute they could charge you with, BOOM arrest and seizure of money.

The police are not and will not ever be used to protect citizens.

I just FIND IT IRONIC, that ASSHATS in the TOTALITARIAN camps of the Dems and Repubs are now actually saying anything about it.

Hell, we have wuk here screaming up a hell of a storm for things that GO ON NOW TO EVERYONE.

I say boo frelling hoo. What makes illegal aliens any different than me.

Want to stay here in the US legally, maybe they should have thought of that. All I know is, I now and will in the future ask the Fascist LEO's if I am being detained. If they accost me I will go to trial and I will press civil charges for the infringement of my sovereign rights.

Hope these LEO's like the unemployment lines.

I just feel this is JUST another move that has to be made by these states.

What are they supposed to do?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Was it just a weigh station or the first weigh station he encounters in Arizona on his route? Huge difference between the two. And if you think this was excessive, never drive a truck into New Mexico. They want all documents, including the separate Fuel Tax certificate and separate operator's insurance that are specifically for New Mexico. All your inspection stickers better be up to date on both the truck and the trailer as well.

New Mexico, in some aspects, is worse on truck drivers than California is.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just get ready for this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1246cbcba863.jpg[/atsimg]

Ihre Papiere gefallen! Your papers, please..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

What about California?
And New Mexico.
And Texas.

This is something that focuses on Arizona for now, but will cover the entire country from the bottom up.

I think its a bit much to ask of the American citizens. :shk:

Frankly, you make good sense, but having lived in Tempe, and having travelled all over the Southwest, i frankly cant say i encountered many bad Mexicans at all. They were good hard working people. True, they have absolutely NO right to be here without documentation.

If Mexican crime is high in Arizona, its because its full of Mexicans, and there's nothing to compare it to. They are the majority and as such, most horse thieves will be Mexicans. You know?

I still think our POTUS should take action NOW.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Or

PAPELES, POR FAVOR!

(ONLY THEY'RE SAYING ON THE TELE TODAY THERE'S NO NEED TO CARRY PAPERS...

HUH?????

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The arguments against S.B. 1070 are a joke.

First of all, I invite everyone to READ the bill.

Secondly, re-read Redneck and Daddybare's posts. They're right. If you drive a commercial vehicle, you are held up to tougher standards then everyone else. If the driver of that vehicle didn't know that, it makes you wonder what else he didn't know. It's always been that way, and it was brought to the attention of the public and made even tougher still after 9/11.

Remember 9/11? I do.

He was stopped at Val Vista and the Red Mountain 202 in north Mesa. I know that area well. It is very affluent, very white, and has more than just a few acres of orange groves. The area is perfect for finding illegal mexicans.

What would you call that? Property profiling?

Do any you have any idea how many cars, vans, pick-ups trucks, buses, and even semi's get pulled over in one month on the Valley freeways, not to mention all the interstates, only to find anywhere from a dozen to upwards of 100 illegal immigrants crammed into those vehicles? Too many to keep track of by me. But I'll bet you any amount of money that the highway patrol does. And that's why they focus on commercial vehicles. You can put more illegals in a school bus then you can a V.W. bug.

What would you call that? Vehicular profiling?

For years now there have been news stories, some with live coverage to enhance your viewing pleasure, about drop houses in residential areas, some in VERY close proximity to elementary schools, that have dozens of illegals in each house. Most with absolutely ZERO utilities turned on. People don't want to live in neighborhoods like that. They move. The property values go down and the crime rates soar through the roof. Why. Because it's politically incorrect to blame the illegals. So what happens? Irony in it's purest form. Illegals come here, supposedly, for the want of a better life because they think WE have a higher standard of living then they do. But in the process of them doing so ILLEGALY, they lower our standard of living, thus making what they are TRYING to do redundant. And the pathetic part of it all is, they don't even see it.Then there are the live pictures of the highway patrol opening the back of a commercial vehicle on a busy highway in the valley, once during rush hour, with dozens of illegals streaming out of the back, running across the busy freeway. Endangering not only their lives, but the lives of legal, hardworking citizens just trying to get to work.

What about OUR civil rights?

What about OUR right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

They've been getting sh## on for YEARS now down here in Arizona, because do-gooders, P.C. happy idiots, and politicians [ NONE of whom live here BTW ] have decided what's best for US. Now, all of a sudden, WE pass a bill designed with OUR best interest at heart, and suddenly we're idiots who don't know what we're doing except paving the way for martial law?

Go back to Mexico, California, Vermont, or wherever it is you call home, and leave US the hell alone. WE have to live with this problem every day, while YOU sit back, watch it on the news, and armchair quaterback it with your P.C. friends. You don't like where Arizona headed? Ask me if I care.

"But it will lead to martial law, Nazi germany, RFID chips, etc.......

You know what happens when you put the cart before the horse?
THE CART GETS RUN OVER, YOU IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely doubt that the federal will ever be able to trample over and kill my civil rights any more than the illegal immigrants and the govt. they are "fleeing" have been doing for decades.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Obviously those folks including the newspaper reporter have no idea whats happened in the trucking business since 9/11

Last year I had to renew my CDL
I had to provide a birth certificate along with two other forms of ID plus proof of address, power/gas bills etc.

did they just hand over a new Lic... not hardly...
Next I had to comply with TSA's mandated HAZMAT Endorsement Threat Assessment Program, set down by the DHS. so I had to submit to having my fingerprints taken and wait while a full background check could be performed... 45 days started to finish and I had to pay an extra $129 on top on my licence fee's too!!!

We are not held to the same standards as a normal drive the kids to school driver. they can pull me out of a truck any time they like and have me pee in a cup to make sure I'm not doping... I've had to have my trailers X-rayed searched and once when bringing back a trailer load of rebar had to be tested for radiation levels!

None of us like it, but that is part of doing business post 9/11.
you either get used to it or simply find something else to do for a living.
Yes there probably is some racism and profiling going on but the instant you accepted your CDL you also gave up your rights to privacy.

The point is..you, and I have to show our birth certificates to GET our license...if you HAVE your license on you..then obviously you had to show your BC to get it!!!! sighs..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For once I sort of agree with what obama has just said about this.

All of this could have been avoided and could be avoided in the future if the federal government had and would enforce the laws already on the books.

If they did, there would be no need for AZ and other states to feel like they had to try and solve the rampant illegal immigration issue on their own.

The feds - current and past - are to be blamed for this. Republicans see the illegals as somehow good for business, while dems seem to see them as grateful future (maybe even current?) voters, so no one has done a thing about this at the federal level.

The feds must do their jobs, or the states will have no choice. Texas and CA will be the next states to go down this path as illegals flee from AZ to those two states.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by DaddyBare
its rare they bother with them if you just shove all that paper work in their faces but if you don't have something and there's a question they can shut you down and tag you personally "Out Of Service"...

Is there a guideline, policy or rule that people with a cdl have to carry a birth certificate? That's my basic question. If not, then this guy was wrongly detained, IMO.

Well yes and no... if your employed as a company driver, then no you don't but if your a contract driver or owner operator then yes you do...
as for federal regs there are several hundred pages of crap we have to comply with with.... SEE FMCSR HERE

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I do understand that Redneck was crossing back (?) into our country from Canada? I can see having to have your BC and passport..I mean..its another country..but having to carry around ALL forms of ID in our own country..well see my pic a few posts above!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

As I said in a previous post, crossing the border illegally is not the only time they will do something illegal.

Do you seriously think that illegals get their I.D. cards from a legitimate source?

What are you...........12?

You started a VERY hot topic thread here sister. You better start getting down to reality REALLY fast if you want any hope of surviving your own thread.

All I'm seeing so far is a lot of naivete' on your part.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
For those still saying it was because he was a truck driver...let's look at what it takes in ARIZONA to get a CDL.

Requirements for CDL:

CDL Requirements

3) When I apply for an Arizona CDL instruction permit, what must I bring with me?

-Proof of having held a driver license for at least one year. (Proof may be a current driver license or a motor vehicle report from another state.)
-An Arizona driver license (If coming from out of state, a 5-year, limited Arizona driver license must be issued at the time of application and the out-of-state license cancelled.)
-Correctly completed D.O.T. Medical Examination Report, form # 40-1501 (available online or at any MVD office)
-Your social security card

You don't even have to show a birth certificate to GET a CDL in Arizona. You do need an Arizona DL and to get an Arizona drivers license you don't have to show a birth certificate either (but you do have to show proof of legal residence...birth certificate is one of the options).

So no...I'm still not buying that argument...and I don't think you are going to find a policy that says all truck drivers MUST carry their birth certificate when it isn't even required for them to get a CDL.

This guy HAD HIS CDL and showed it...and gave them his SS#. For ANYONE to continue to say that isn't enough documentation and that he got what he deserved is just crazy....how can you justify this?

(REMEMBER: He is a United States CITIZEN...Born right here in the states)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
FYI:

How do I obtain a Arizona CDL?

1. Show your Arizona driver license.
2. You must take and pass all Arizona examinations that apply to your license class and endorsement requirements.
3. Show proof of social security number.
4. Meet Arizona driver record eligibility requirements as determined by the State.
5. Fill out an application including certifications.
6. Pass the required knowledge and vision tests (BEFORE a CDL Temporary Instruction Permit will be issued).
7. Pay the Arizona CDL fees.
8. Schedule, take, and pass your Arizona CDL skills test.

Source

Item #3 alone should serve as proof he had valid SSN# in order to get a CDL, no?

ETA: Sorry, looks like Outkast beat me. Thread moving briskly, my brain not so much.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

As I said in a previous post, crossing the border illegally is not the only time they will do something illegal.

Do you seriously think that illegals get their I.D. cards from a legitimate source?

What are you...........12?

You started a VERY hot topic thread here sister. You better start getting down to reality REALLY fast if you want any hope of surviving your own thread.

All I'm seeing so far is a lot of naivete' on your part.

Peace

What does my age have to do with anything..and what the hell are you talking about..and dont get all huffy with me, brother!~

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
At the end of the day, its a Police State. That's it.

It will effect all Americans as well. You have no freedoms.

And i have a sinking feeling that Obama gives two hoots about this, and will let it be signed into law.

Even as he says he doesnt like it. WATCH.

He IS the commander in Chief, is he not?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

For those still saying it was because he was a truck driver...let's look at what it takes in ARIZONA to get a CDL.

Requirements for CDL:

CDL Requirements

3) When I apply for an Arizona CDL instruction permit, what must I bring with me?

-Proof of having held a driver license for at least one year. (Proof may be a current driver license or a motor vehicle report from another state.)
-An Arizona driver license (If coming from out of state, a 5-year, limited Arizona driver license must be issued at the time of application and the out-of-state license cancelled.)
-Correctly completed D.O.T. Medical Examination Report, form # 40-1501 (available online or at any MVD office)
-Your social security card

You don't even have to show a birth certificate to GET a CDL in Arizona. You do need an Arizona DL and to get an Arizona drivers license you don't have to show a birth certificate either (but you do have to show proof of legal residence...birth certificate is one of the options).

So no...I'm still not buying that argument...and I don't think you are going to find a policy that says all truck drivers MUST carry their birth certificate when it isn't even required for them to get a CDL.

This guy HAD HIS CDL and showed it...and gave them his SS#. For ANYONE to continue to say that isn't enough documentation and that he got what he deserved is just crazy....how can you justify this?

(REMEMBER: He is a United States CITIZEN...Born right here in the states)

Thank you..my point! In Missouri, where I live..you DO have to show your BC to get your license..so yes..like a lot of people have said here..showing his CDL and his SS#..the officer could have easily checked..

If illegals can hack license and ss#, they can hack BC too..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Trying to fuel your argument with heresay and scare tactics is ineffective. We're not in grade school.

My advice to you--- grow up, get your FACTS straight, word your arguments precisely and intelligently, and unpucker. Otherwise, if you want to continue having discussions with ME on this matter, it's gonna hurt.

Sorry hun, but when it comes to THIS topic, my gloves are off.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Trying to fuel your argument with heresay and scare tactics is ineffective. We're not in grade school.

My advice to you--- grow up, get your FACTS straight, word your arguments precisely and intelligently, and unpucker. Otherwise, if you want to continue having discussions with ME on this matter, it's gonna hurt.

Sorry hun, but when it comes to THIS topic, my gloves are off.

Peace

What the hell are you talking about..as I asked before..all I see you doing is attacking me..for what? You got a burr up your arse?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think they better get busy implementing the Mark

Of The Beast.

Coming to a town near you.....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join