It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headmaster Savaged By Pupil He Had Caned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by JaquVanCouger

Ok let's look at this again... The guy is a career criminal most likely BECAUSE he was caned as a child.... He was taught that is is how you handle things.

The child learned the lesson well... So well that he was suspended many times as a child simply because he had learned the lesson taught by the headmasters so very well...

Children need discipline.... But remember when you discipline them you are treating them out to act towards others when they are frustrated...

OR

maybe he was a career criminal because he wasn't caned enough... i don't know, we still don't know exactly what the headmaster even done.

This is how i am looking at it, I am 27 my parents are in their 50's. I compare their generation to mine and the generation below me and a lot of kids run ramped now compare to past generations, parents can't control them because kids threaten to call the cops or child services.
I know a 15 year old who had a friend punch him in the face then called the cops on his dad and his dad was arrested and taken away on the spot, all because his dad didn't want him to go to a party (he eventually fest up).

The only stories of violence i have heard (about kids) from my parents and others of the "good 'ol days" are the fights between the "Auzzies" and "Wogs (usually after school) there was a few punches and kicks here and there no one was ever badly hurt, there was no poles, guns, knives always a fair fight, no one wanted to kill each other. These days if there is a fight usually someone ends up in hospital or dead, someone always wants to kill someone... there is no self control.... there is something not right....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There was something on tv recently where they were saying that in the old days children were seen and not heard. eg at a gathering the kids would be packed off to their room and told to keep quiet while the parents had a party.

Then it changed to the kids were the most important thing and everything now stops while we listen to the kids who all think they are destined for x factor.

Kids from the early period learned to respect elders and mind their manners.

Nowadays kids don't know any boundaries and don't know how to behave properly.

Who knows

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread yet but before I do I want it to go on record that if this guy turns out to not be psycho hoodie thug I would buy him a beer. I can think of a few 'masters' that I would like to have a 'chat' with as an adult. I's real easy to beat the ***k out of a six year old when you know he is just more human traffick

Now I will read the rest of the thread while preparing for potential flames.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah the guy had it coming. The guy that did him obviosly wasn't entirely with it maybe could have carried it better but he had it coming.

That said I am actually pro corporal punishment but use it wisely and responsibly. Caning a six year old is just plain #'ed up. Teens and maybe even pre-teens in certain situations, can learn some of the hard and important lessons of life through a good smack.

But lashing a six year old...

For all of those who have never been lashed at school, it is not just about the pain. Cut's are often less painful to the tough teenager in the long run than social restrictions. It is the feeling of injustice and impotence at the situation.

Even though a six year old would have no chance against an adult, the practice of caning was so formally institutionalised that there was nothing you could do about it. You got caned but you stayed in school. You literally were not allowed to contest your sentence. So if it was the case that you really did feel wronged (When you got lashed you would know deep down inside you if this was fair or unfair no matter what you professed to your mates) your concerns were ignored and you labelled trouble maker. This is the most cruel form of dispute settlement because you were not listened to. And lets face it any infrinngement by a six year old should be dealt with instruction and support.

I call this teacher swine.
-I was lashed more than 60 times in less than 5 years and I only bear ill-feelings towards a minority of those responsible. But those I still bear grudge against are not because of the pain caused by the whipping itself but by the injustice, arrogance and cruelty with which they approached the problem.

So this guy is a bit bent but I would still buy him a beer.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JaquVanCouger

We've had violent crime from kids in America for generations... Ever seen historic films about New York?

The previous generations weren't angels either.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
A Man taught as a child that violence can be used to resolve minor injustices, goes on to use violence to rectify a perceived injustice.

Who'd have thunk it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Karma runs over dogma

Sweet !!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
We use to to get the cane regularly when i was a kid, never did use long term phyciatric harm. This bloke is just a loser. Bring back the cane & while we're at it bring back the stocks, bit of humiliation in front of the rest of the school would teach these wussy pussy kids today.

Oh wah teacher yelled at me. Might help bring some of the smart-mouth little bastards itnto line as well.

Meh. An adult harming a child physically always seemed like bullyism to me. Still does in fact. A two hundred pound male smacking around a fifty pound child? Seems pathetic to me. And as others have already stated, this child does not belong to them. A teacher has no business laying a hand on a defenseless child. If a parent feels like that is what they need to do to deliver punishment, then it should be the sole discretion of the biological parent to do so. Not a complete stranger.

As the saying goes, pick on someone your own size. When an adult resorts to hitting a child they are a bully in my opinion. There are far more imaginative ways to discipline a child. Physical punishment doesn't need to be one of them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
yeh tbh the fact that he's deaf in one ear, way overboard

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
To follow up on the more imaginative ways to discipline a child, my father and mother used to set up a chart on the wall in the kitchen. Whenever we behaved well, we were given a gold star. It could be for anything, really. Keeping our room tidy, politeness, kindness, et cetera, I cannot remember everything unfortunately. If we got to a certain amount of stars, we would be rewarded with a treat at the store, a movie, extra dessert, et cetera.

If we misbehaved, the stars would be removed and we would lose out on those treats, or special outings that we so looked forward to. Sometimes a grounding would also accompany this and we would be forbidden to see our friends for the entire day or so.

You can come up with disciplinary measures that don't involve physical pain inflicted upon a child. It just takes some imagination. For the most part my fathers system worked for us, and we gre up to be good people.

Others could expand upon a system like this and make it even better. As I say, it just takes some thought, some imagination.

It doesn't take much thought in my opinion to resort to physical discipline to solve a problem. Other methods can be far more successful.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Why do I have the feeling that this headmaster probably did more than just "caned" the kid? As always, I'm sure there is much more to this story that we probably don't want to know about.

*shudders*

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I believe in corporal punishment inasmuch as the Bible says, "Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline brings wisdom".

However the older techniques of corporal punishment are barbaric and can too easily cause real injury. It's far easier to use a few simple pain compliance holds. It causes no lasting injury, involves no striking, and is pretty good for physically controlling an unruly youth.

Maybe the stockade and the associated humiliation would be better as well.
www.knightsedge.com...

You can shower yourself with political correctness and psycho mumbo jumbo about "damaging psyches", but reality has disproven the liberal notion of permissiveness with no boundaries. Just look at how rotten and disrespectful, without the slightest trace of remorse or moral restraints the modern youth displays in todays society. Look at the pathetic result of these 60's era leftists running countries. The last two psycho lib.s in the United States, Obama and Clinton and their marxist allies have brought the country to ruin with their corruption in just a few years time. The UK appears to be even more advanced in it's slide into slavery and ruin.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
As a fourteen year old I was caned six times for something I did not do.
During the punishment the headmaster broke his cane , but proceeded to bring out the spare.
The pain was nothing , but I for a brief second contemplated , grabbing the second cane and thrashing him, I did not even though i was being brutalised for something I didnt do.
That was a long time ago , to me now he was a pathetic human being , he knew I was innocent, but the real perpertrator was my best friend whose Dad was the work experience organiser for the High School.
What did that make the headmaster?Who cares, I took the cane and smiled, I learnt a few lessons that day.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Isosceles

You make a lot of good sense. My children are both at university & happy people. Neither have been convicted of crime, however they both realise that some laws are amoral &/or pointless, so they break them, but only when they're confident of not being caught. I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out so far. Neither I nor their mother ever hit them.
We made a point of involving them both in family decisions, even from a very young age & despite having to find ways to explain complexities to immature minds. Punishment was generally simple exclusion from our or their friends' company. Some transgressions required an explanation of how their actions had consequences which would necessarily be visited on them. Basically it was a case of "Behave like a dick: you dont get a say in how things happen for a while."
That said, there were times when I picked them up & carried them into their room to halt a tantrum. During times like that I certainly felt like hitting them, but I suppose my own childhood experience had impressed on me how stupid doing so would have been.
My kids talk to me about their lives. I know them. My parents dont know me & they are the last people I would trust with complex emotions; neither not to attempt to manipulate me nor for any advice. I also felt the need to restrict my parents' access to my kids, basically because I dont trust them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Why do I have the feeling that this headmaster probably did more than just "caned" the kid? As always, I'm sure there is much more to this story that we probably don't want to know about.

*shudders*

I'm wondering the same thing.. there can be a huge difference between open handed smacking a kid on the backside and hitting him with a hard piece of wood that can leave welts or bleed. I remember my brother getting his fingers caned with a metal ruler. He came home with blood blisters all over his hands. I'm not sure about this story.. sounds like he "over-did" the caning just like he over did the beating. How many other kids did he cane? At what point does punnishment become assault?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
when I was in primary school I got hit with a ruler across the back of my hand for being an unruly bugger- looking back, so what, I deserved it and behaved better- hope that fella gets his commupance in the showers in the jail

[edit on 22-4-2010 by blueorder]

So youre all for tasering people then?

Its teaching those naughty people a lesson, no?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Revenge is a dish best served cold. On the one hand, I think it's great that the guy got some payback. But I do think he went a little overboard. The headmaster needed reconstructive facial surgery and is now deaf in one ear.

What is it they say? Whatever you do to others will also be done to you by three times three or something like that.

I went through a similar traumatic experience when I was 9. I still have a scar on my back. I wouldn't do what this person did though....personally I feel that things ended up working out with my experience to where he ended up getting his just desserts anyway. I could never apply the same amount of pain that someone applied to me, I think only God is capable of really doing that effectively. My attempt would just be a ham handed botch job...maybe like the original source story for this thread?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
To everyone who said they think kids should get beat up more often and maybe they'd "get in line," I hope you're joking. Hitting a child does nothing but damage the child's psyche. There are better ways to teach your kid right and wrong.

The poster who mentioned earning stars had the right idea. When your kid does something good, give him a star and when he has a lot of stars reward him, if he starts losing stars then start withholding privileges.

Oh and to those parents who ground their kid for weeks at a time, that can really harm their social development. For a kid, being grounded for even half a day feels like an eternity if they have friends they wanted to play with. So I think one day is sufficient in most cases for them to learn the lesson.

To all the parents out there remember you are everything to your child right now, so try to teach them the right way to be so that they will have true happiness and physical, mental, and spiritual well-being when they become adults themselves.

The key is you have to raise them right from the beginning. If you spoil them for the first 10 years then wonder why they talk back and don't listen when they're a teenager... well it's because you never completed your duty of making the kid understand REASON and RATIONALITY.

Let's make this world a better place for all of us.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm all for discipline, but caning a six year old?

Physical discipline has long been illegal in Australian government schools, and it's because there will always be some teachers who are sadists, bullies, or have uncontrolled tempers.

I've seen a teacher break a thick, 3 foot blackboard ruler over a kid's head, and then bash him with a jagged half. I've seen a teacher who hated Aboriginals put a metal dustbin over an Aboriginal kid's head and bash it with a blackboard ruler until the kid was deaf. Then, when I was about 13, physical punishment became illegal in our schools.

Behaviour didn't suddenly get worse. Bad behaviour is the fault of society as a whole, our whole society has lost its roots and become less caring and more impulsive.

When I was six, two grade six kids were sent to take me to the principal's office to be caned for being late to school. At that age I was not even the one responsible for what time I got there. I still remember being terrified, being dragged on my back by each arm, screaming all the way. Then I had to stand there, hold out my hand, and submit to being hit. I was lucky. The principal hardly touched my hand with the cane, and told me to tell my teacher, if she asked, that it really hurt. It turned out he took on punishing me for her in order to protect me from this insane bitch who was hitting 6 year olds hard enough to seriously injure them, every day. (She went from our school to an asylum two years later.)

Anyway, the way that stuck in my mind makes me sympathise with this guy getting revenge. Revenge is mostly counter-productive, but six-year olds are very vulnerable, they are practically still infants, and serious maltreatment then could well warp a person for life.

[edit on 23/4/10 by Kailassa]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ForAiur

I kinda of agree with your views on this situation. Discipline is more important than the threat of discipline.

I personally feel that using violence to discipline your child teaches them that violence is an acceptable form of control. (Which I do not believe is true). I know there are a lot of people that think it is good because it is swift and keeps them in line, but I do not feel it is the right way. There are so many other more effective ways to discipline your kid. I am pro-Discipline but anti-Violent Discipline.

------------

PS: I was raised in a house that if you "misbehaved" you did get smacked. In my younger years, my father could blow up very easily and I remember living in a state of fear that I didn't want to get "the belt." I believe this has had a deep-psychological impact on my relationship with him these days as an adult. If I choose to become a father, I would not want my child to experience the same feelings.

There is a big difference between keeping your children disciplined and teaching them to respect their elders, and instilling fear into them and making them reluctant to approach and talk to you about issues.

[edit on 25/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join