It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headmaster Savaged By Pupil He Had Caned

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Headmaster Savaged By Pupil He Had Caned

news.sky.com

A headmaster was left with horrific injuries after he was attacked by a former pupil he had caned 20 years ago.Bullen approached Mr Heakin and said: "Do you remember me? You beat me when I was six years old and I have been waiting all these years to meet up with you."

He punched and kicked the headmaster to the floor and carried on beating him while he was unconscious, Bolton Crown Court heard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.express.co.uk
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk
www.rochdaleobserver.co.uk

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Interesting story of revenge here, Jermaine Bullen was obviously traumatised by what Keiran had done to him 20 years ago and for an outburst like this it must of affected him severely at certain points in his life. Hard to decide whether the teacher deserved it or not but to use the cane on 6 year old boy i suppose it was a long time coming. Also another reason why corporal punishment is best left in the past. The irony is the teacher is a devoted christian and has decided to forgive the former pupil and quotes he spends alot of time telling children about forgiveness. I'm assuming he's been feeling guilty all these years.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Revenge is a dish best served cold. On the one hand, I think it's great that the guy got some payback. But I do think he went a little overboard. The headmaster needed reconstructive facial surgery and is now deaf in one ear.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I went to a secondary school run by the Marist Brothers, and in the first year and a half I attended, punishment with the cane was commonplace for even minor transgressions of "the rules"...

It seems religious schools in those days were full of S/M devotees given the regularity with which the brothers whipped out the cane...And without doubt they whipped out something else at night reminiscing about caning the palms and backsides of young schoolboys...

Punishment of children by anyone other than their parents is just wrong on so many levels, unless a crime has been committed and then punishment by the judicial/legal system is justified....

Edit - understanding...

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I was just looking over the definition of the term "Poetic Justice" and I think this somehow relates...talk about coincidence.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

Punishment of children by anyone other than their parents is just wrong on so many levels, unless a crime has been committed and then punishment by the judicial/legal system is justified....

I agree with this completely and said so in a recent thread about paddling of children being allowed in Texas.

In my opinion, punishment at a school should be limited to detention, or keeping a child from going to gym class, or whatever other class they might enjoy. Keep them from going on a field trip would also be a good punishement. Make them empty waste baskets for a few months, but don't lay a hand on my child!

edit typo

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Very true, carrying out such an act is bound to have a profound affect on the persons life and could possibly lower their self esteem. The teacher had it coming, he knew there were more humane ways of dealing with disruptive pupils but still decided to go the wrong way about it, besides can a six year old really cause that much distress in the class that he/she deserves to by physically punished?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We use to to get the cane regularly when i was a kid, never did use long term phyciatric harm. This bloke is just a loser. Bring back the cane & while we're at it bring back the stocks, bit of humiliation in front of the rest of the school would teach these wussy pussy kids today.

Oh wah teacher yelled at me. Might help bring some of the smart-mouth little bastards itnto line as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

Exactly. Even if a 6 year old, for instance punched or hit another child, that is for the parents to correct, when it is reported to them by the school.

The school could give a six year old a time out for such a case, making them sit in a corner facing a wall.

The child will feel some humiliation in this type of punishment, but won't carry the mental scar a paddling or caning might provide.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
perfect example of why you shouldnt pick on little kids.

because those little kids someday will grow up and pick on you.

id say this was a fight with 20 years in between punches.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
good on him

second line

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

I was caned as a kid and have never beaten a near pensioner to a pulp, when Britain had corporal punishment violence was on a massively lower scale so a lot of absoloute KEEK is talked about this subject

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
as for the headmaster, forgiving some animal who nearly killed you? That is the Lord's job...................................

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think most people in school in the 70's and 80's know of at least one teacher that seemed to take pleasure from punishing the kids physically, we don't know if this teacher was like that, but to give a 6 year old a good whacking is a bit extreme to say the least.

But to get revenge in such an extreme way is a huge overreaction and he is quite rightly being punished for it. Give the teacher a slap, let him know the error of his ways maybe....but don't beat the guy unconcious.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
In the report I read, I think it claimed the teacher now has four plates in his skull as result of the thrashing he received at the hands of the ex pupil

No way was that warranted, imo

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
In the report I read, I think it claimed the teacher now has four plates in his skull as result of the thrashing he received at the hands of the ex pupil

No way was that warranted, imo

exactly, who would you rather living next door to your kith and kin, that animal with a record as long as yer arm who near kills a pensioner or a headmaster who forgives such people who is alleged to have caned him decades ago.

No excuse for filth like that, people need to man up and take responsibilities for their own actions, and I DON'T SUPPORT "CANING" for 6 year olds btw!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I personally think that he must of taken the cane incidents to heart and for him to carry out an attack on the headteacher like he did it must of been something that has been burning up inside him. For him to be able to recognise the teacher 20 years on shows it is something he has been thinking about for a long time, he must not of been able to get the image out of his head.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

just a thug looking for an excuse, previous as long as yer arm, and most people who get caned do not put pensioners in hospital

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Meh, he reaped what he sowed and it was harvest time if you ask me. I wouldent file any charges, if I did it would be against the headmaster for abuse.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

so let me get this straight, we don't even know if the caning happened, we don't even know if the headmaster did it, we don't even know what the "caning" was (ie a rap across the knuckles with a ruler)- and for that, FOR THAT, he deserved to suffer those injuries, really?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join