It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headmaster Savaged By Pupil He Had Caned

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Meh *shrugs*

Child abuser got what he deserved...

Regardless of whether the abuse was condoned by the state (corporal punishment) or not, abuse of a child is abuse of a child, there are no ifs or buts about it...

In fact, child abuse condoned by the state is the WORST kind of abuse...

I'd consider myself lucky to be alive if I were he...

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
when I was in primary school I got hit with a ruler across the back of my hand for being an unruly bugger- looking back, so what, I deserved it and behaved better- hope that fella gets his commupance in the showers in the jail

[edit on 22-4-2010 by blueorder]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If he caned him to the extent that he remembered his face for 20 years then I highly doubt it was a mere rap on the butt.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Some people kick the sh1t out of other people for no reason, some do it for distorted reasons which they have warped over the years, but if you want to choose to believe the crap that a career criminal comes out with then fair enough- if that was my da he attacked Id be waiting for the vermin when he leaves prison

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Revenge is a dish best served cold. On the one hand, I think it's great that the guy got some payback. But I do think he went a little overboard. The headmaster needed reconstructive facial surgery and is now deaf in one ear.

Guess he should of thought about that when he was caning the child.

This is what beating children does... It turns them into assailants or ineffectual little nothings.

Then he tries to take the high ground and say he's a committed Christian and forgives the guy who beat him.... What kind of committed Christian canes a 6 yo????

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Career criminals are made by being caned at the age of 6.

Maybe you don't get it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree and disagree.
Since the cane has been gone kids run a muck inside and outside school. Lets face it the last 20 or so years violence inside and outside schools has increased dramatically, kids have no discipline, parents aren't doing it, teachers aren't, no one is, kids these days get away with murder literally.
Anyone in Oz here about the cripple who was bashed in Mount Druitt about a month ago by 3 or 4 kids between the ages of 12 - 14.
or the disabled taxi cab driver (about a year ago) was bashed by 2 14 year old girls.
There is plenty more but those too really stand out to me.

This guy could have had some issues mental or something else.

"He was expelled from schools many times. I don't like to dwell on the incident or the after-effects.
"Bullen - who has a long criminal record - was arrested the following day after fleeing the scene."

See he was a problem kid and has a criminal record.

on the other hand, I wouldn't accept anyone hitting kids, but I would discipline my kids when / if need be, not like some parents who let there kids do what ever they want

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JaquVanCouger

Ok let's look at this again... The guy is a career criminal most likely BECAUSE he was caned as a child.... He was taught that is is how you handle things.

The child learned the lesson well... So well that he was suspended many times as a child simply because he had learned the lesson taught by the headmasters so very well...

Children need discipline.... But remember when you discipline them you are teaching them how to act towards others when they are frustrated...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I agree and disagree.

This revenge was far worse then the caning.

Sometimes, children need a swat on the butt to let them know they were way out of line. A swat on the butt is not child abuse.

I raised two great kids, used positive reinforcement most of the time, but each of my kids got an occasional swat.

Might doesn't make right.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I was beaten with training shoes on the backside & rulers on the hands by teachers from age 4 to 11. Looking back, I'd say it made me more stubborn. I did have to live with the constant threat of violent punishment at home, but that was also more arbitrary in nature. The combination was probably why I would do my best to be pretty much anywhere other than where I was supposed to be, which would garner punishment in itself, but less than my seemingly natural objection to the behavioural norms, characterised by "shut up; do as you're told", that were being forced on me.
I felt very angry about this treatment as an older teenager. I expect that I could have lost it with my father, had I not left my hometown, or perhaps with a couple of my teachers, in the wrong circumstances. However, 1 thing that did make the latter less likely was, literally the day before I left town, I was getting some travelling money in the dole office & met 1 of these teachers there. He was looking particularly run down. I cheerfully sat next to him & explained how I was embarking on an adventure with a beautiful woman & feigned obliviousness to his discomfort as I rambled on about how exciting my life was.
Yes, served cold seemed to work for me, but also having the indisputable moral high-ground.
If anyone had hit my children, I suspect I'd not have been able to be so cerebral about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by ChrisF231

so let me get this straight, we don't even know if the caning happened, we don't even know if the headmaster did it, we don't even know what the "caning" was (ie a rap across the knuckles with a ruler)- and for that, FOR THAT, he deserved to suffer those injuries, really?

You are correct, we don't know. We don't know if this guy was beaten daily when he was 6, we didn't see the smile of self satisfaction on the headmasters face as he beat the kid and we didn't hear the kids pleas for help.

This really can go both ways. Perhaps if you were abused by someone over a long period of time when you were helpless to defend yourself, you might feel differently. Perhaps not...I don't know.

I did go to school with the Nuns. Nuns should NEVER be put in charge of little kids. They were sadistic power happy women who really need to get laid. But I don't really feel the need to go beat them down.

..Ex

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I went to Catholic schools and corporal punishment was regular.

In Primary School it was mainly limited to the slipper and caning on the hand and it was reserved for the last two years.
No-one of 6 years old would have been caned.

Caning was more frequent in Comprehensive School.

It served as a great deterent for the vast majority of pupils.

Unfortunately I was one of those who became immune to it, detention was a far worse punishment for me, that was if you could get me to school!
I wanted to be out and about with my mates, cane was just a minor irritant, detention stopped me from enjoying myself.

Guess the thing is different people react to different things.

I did have some teachers who were just downright sadistic.

One was a large man who delighted in using his superior physical force to beat us.
He obviously has problems of his own, he regularly writes letters into the local newspaper and he belongs to the far right side of The Catholic Church.
No doubt every night is a time of torture and personal self flagellation.
Good for him I say!

Another teacher regularly tried to physically provoke me and succeeded a couple of times.
He was a P.E. teacher and very fit.
He obviously beat me.

I was never one to go whinging to my parents, when I had mentioned before that I had been caned for something I hadn't done my fathers response was to laugh and say it only made up for the times I hadn't been caught! lol.

But on two seperate occassions, one each with both of these teachers, I couldn't hide the injuries from my parents.
My father, who is a very gentle and loving person and is my best friend to this day despite the pain I have caused him over the years, went ballistic and threatened all sorts of action against the teachers and the school.
The school governors managed to placate him but to this day he still blames himself to a certain extent.
I have repeatedly told him that if I had not been the way I was then they would not have treat me as they did.
He refuses to accept that and stii says they were teachers and their primary concern is a pupils well being and education and they over stepped the mark.

I saw the P.E. teacher a few years after I had left school and offered him the opportunity to try and bully me then, I had 'grown up' quite considerably by then.
Nedless to say he didn't take me up on my offer....I didn't pursue it.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that corporal punishment can be a legitimate deterrent but it can be seriously abused.
And all those who have been abused have the potential to seek revenge.
Fortunately most of us mature enough not to take matters into our own hands.

I'm not defending what this person did, it is obviously wrong, but who knows what other abuses he suffered as well....and I ain't no bleeding heart liberal as well who constantly looks for excuses....but it could have been me!

[edit on 22/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
As a young child and teenager, I experienced extreme abuse in its various forms. This was sustained abuse that lasted for many years. The physical wounds eventually healed, but the psychological scars still remain.

I have found through life experiments that by “taking an eye for an eye” puts the abused in the same karmic category as the abuser. Although it may seem difficult to do, if the abused is willing to “turn the other cheek” and forgive, he will encounter in his life magical rewards that are almost impossible to explain as anything other than coincidence.

Unless one is willing to break the cycle of violence and cruelty in their lives, it will always be a part of their world.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
He should feel lucky he got the wooden cane and not the headmaster's cane in this day and age

But in all seriousness I'm sure that cowered beat enough children in his time to deserve one solid beating from someone his size. Paybacks a bitch and usually unfair.. so maybe don't beat children.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
We use to to get the cane regularly when i was a kid, never did use long term phyciatric harm. This bloke is just a loser. Bring back the cane & while we're at it bring back the stocks, bit of humiliation in front of the rest of the school would teach these wussy pussy kids today.

Oh wah teacher yelled at me. Might help bring some of the smart-mouth little bastards itnto line as well.

I absolutely agree, I got my ass whooped by my teachers, and grandmother and grandfather, and I still thank them to this day for it. I'm not talking about spanking, I'm talking about a real whooping which kids don't get these days cause the parents are afraid the kids will call the cops on them. I didn't go out and seek revenge

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I use to get the # beat out of me, and it was usually administered hours after I had done anything wrong.. It was very traumatic, and I still carry around some of the baggage of those beatings today -- and I definitely don't think I'm better for it.

A little swat on the butt during the bad behavior is generally okay. But it has to be DURING the behavior. It works for the same reason you only ever touch a live+exposed wire once -- when you do it, you get a painful shock, and your brain quickly learns that touching live wires = pain, and you develop a fear of doing it.

I don't know if that's the best way to teach kids things, but it's certainly better than savagely beating them as some ritualistic punishment.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Then he tries to take the high ground and say he's a committed Christian and forgives the guy who beat him.... What kind of committed Christian canes a 6 yo????

What kind of committed christian canes a 6yo ?

One who goes home after beating said 6yo's, puts on his leather undies, wraps a belt around his neck and pulls his pud whilst thinking about all those 6yo's he beat that day...

christians are a perverted bunch if you ask me...All the more reason why religion should be outlawed...Turns otherwise ordinary people into child abusers...

Put it this way, if I ever found out any of the brothers who whacked me at school were alive, I'd seek them out and give them a good old fashioned beating, believe me...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

No, the Lord tells us to forgive. He also tells us, "Vengeance is mine."

[edit on 22-4-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My very first school teacher was a nun and I remember her whacking me with a wooden ruler across my hands.

It set a trend because I think every teacher I had gave me the belt. I don't think I was a bad pupil so I can only think the techers had some kind of problems and wanted to take their frustration out on me and others in my class.

There were those that were more feared than others. One guy would draw blood with his tawse, I'm sure it it hard shards of steel in it. Would sting for ages and leave big red marks.

It was so long ago now I reckon they will all be dead now.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Everton

Hell yea. karma takes its toll 20 years later. he can stop talking all that smack about forgiveness now. he's been forgiven. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join