It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real end date 10-28-2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The people you are referring to are the Maya. So please get that straight. The Maya did ok for astronomy without the aid of telescopes. Problem is seen in their sloppy Venus work. It makes it difficult to determine a proper correlation function. They did alright, that's all.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

A huge mistake here is that Comet Holmes was yellow. It was not in the Hopi prophecies which are a recent invention. Five sun dogs? No. They weren't sun dogs. There are many ways to produce interesting atmospheric phenomena. Two sun dogs is the max. Other objects in the sky would be interesting and less common atmospheric phenomena.

For those interested in sun dogs did you know that on average they appear about twice a week? My kids and I see them all of the time and have a contest to see who can find them first.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How about 3/22/2013?

Exactly 33 years to the day that the Georgia Guidestones were built and only 3 months after 12/21/2012.

12/21/2012 would come and go and everyone would be like "All this doom stuff is malarkey" and then 3 months later...BAM, POW, right in the kisser.

Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I see that the failure of the 2012 claims is already starting to sink in even though it is a bit off. Here are folks that are already trying to play the old Miller game of re-dating the whatever prediction. Sad, but a necessary part of those promoting failed claims.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

LOL OMG.....

I'm literally LOLing hard right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I can only imagine that you are laughing about the limit of 2 sun dogs at a time. You are certainly wrong then as you were miserably wrong about the Hopi prophecy and the color of comet Holmes.

But there is the other likelihood that you are laughing at yourself. That happens when you realize how many mistakes you have made and how often your mistakes are repeated.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
10/28/2011 That's 3 days after my 23rd birthday. But like everyone else has said, I don't believe it's the end of the world, but the beginning of a new reality. Well.. whatever happens, it was a good 23 years. =)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

Is it at all possible that there's no "end date" at all?
*2*

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Austexdude
How about 3/22/2013?

Exactly 33 years to the day that the Georgia Guidestones were built and only 3 months after 12/21/2012.

12/21/2012 would come and go and everyone would be like "All this doom stuff is malarkey" and then 3 months later...BAM, POW, right in the kisser.

Just a thought...

yeah, I remember reading somewhere in revelations that the whole world will laugh at god and then god releases his anger upon the world. I think it will be in correlation with the hopi prophecies and comet holmes which will return in 2014. The purification of seven years from 2007.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

hey everybody, stereo is a genius and the new dalai lama. He knows everything!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
August 11 2011 brings comet Honda close to earth, and meteors have flung out of its tail. Fruthermore they estimate its distance is safe, but with all these near encounters, they cant realy do more than guestimate orbits.

spaceplace.nasa.gov...

Because the comets are much smaller and lighter than planets, they are easily pulled this way and that by the gravity of the planets (or, in some cases, even by stars). ...

Light and other radiation from the Sun push on the gas and dust in the coma, blowing the material away to form a tail that can be millions of kilometers long. Now imagine you are wearing a scarf on a windy day. The direction the scarf blows does not depend upon the direction you are walking -- all that matters is the direction the wind is blowing. The tail of a comet is the same...

We already know that the comets are so light that the planets yank their orbits around, sending them just about every direction in the solar system. But still another force acts on comets. When gases inside the nucleus expand under the heat of the Sun, they often shoot through holes or weak spots in the crust of the nucleus, like the steam coming through the hole in a tea pot. The expanding gas and dust escape in jets, having the same effect as thrusters on a spacecraft. This force, like letting the air out of a balloon, will change the comet's path, making its orbit hard for astronomers to predict precisely.

The gravity from planets, apparently are quite significant, and change orbits, an the sun has a big effect, it is said to fuel the orbits of comets.

The sun is waking up now and they're predicting cmes constantly.

This creates some danger here. Note this date is 11 11.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

August 11 2011 brings comet Honda close to earth, and meteors have flung out of its tail. Fruthermore they estimate its distance is safe, but with all these near encounters, they cant realy do more than guestimate orbits.

Orbits are like measurements, they all have something called precision. Although the positions of the planets and moons of the solar system can be determined with great precision, comets cannot. Calling the orbits a guestimate is misleading. First it implies that things are being estimated. That is not correct. Measurements are taken and used to calculation the orbits.

The claim that "meteors have flung out of its tail" is also misleading. It makes it sound as if meteors coming from comet tails is rare or unusual. Meteor showers we enjoy on Earth every year are due to the Earth passing through the debris left behind by comets.

The sun is waking up now and they're predicting cmes constantly.

This is not what the article you quote discusses. Please reread the material and take the time to understand what it says.

The claims of danger here are not substantiated by the article you have posted.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I don't think that the dalai lama would appreciate how you misuse his name and his position in his religious order. You might want to edit your zero quality post to avoid offending the dalai lama.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Thanks for the Stevens quote, I am going to use it on our website.

www.marques.co.za...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

www.marques.co.za...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

www.marques.co.za...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
From my readings, I do not believe it is an end we are approaching, but a cosmic birth. Up until now mankind has been blind, unaware of where we came from or where we're going. We see the universe from the viewpoint of that lack of knowledge, and can only guess and conjecture about the true nature of reality.

It is my belief that big imitates small and vice versa, and as a race, we are spiritually in the womb, safe, secure, but unable to extend our reach beyond the wall of that womb.

Many of us are already kicking, becoming aware of our true nature and already trying to "be who we will be", but regardless of how hard we try, we are still in the womb and are only kicking at this point. However, just like an unborn child, it is that kicking that shows we are alive and well and ready to be born.

Imagine how chaotic and terrible labour must be to the baby involved. Everything that has kept it safe, kept it fed, it's entire world convulses and spits it out into the bright blinding light of life. From that perspective, being born must seem like the end of the world. It's only once we're out and on the other side that we'll truely be able to grasp the wonder of it all, and truely appreciate how much better it will be.

these are my same thoughts too.

26000 years of humanity evolution before birth just like the 260 days of human gestation before birth.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
fear feeding fear, feeding paranoia feeding masses feeding minds.

FEAR MONGERING! You are helping them keep us in fear!!!! You dummys don't see it.... There is NOTHING that is going to happen. Really.... The mayans NEVER predicted ANYTHING of the sort.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Dearest, I noticed you trashing like every 2012 entry one post at a time. I think your problem is the incapacity of imaging both infinity and nothingness. I try helping you. Remember Aladin's Lamp? May I ask you what would your 3 wishes be?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by add1a

You thought wrong. I doubt you have any understanding of the terms you posted. They have very little to do with anything 2012 unless apophenia is your middle name.

Are you a sock puppet?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join