It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real end date 10-28-2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bocimaster

I see you plagiarized your post, but forgot to assign the source of your claim. Very bad form indeed. Posting material from other sites without attributing authorship is against the rules here and at most places on the internet. Naughty, naughty.

This confirms the GMT correlation

You mean this supports, not confirms.

Without corroboration you used the phrase "currently accepted". You also claimed an unbroken use of the calendar, which is a fabrication.

PS Its doorway, not door.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
this is something i have always wanted to look into

thanks for posting

[edit on 6/28/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Hehe, if you have nothing more to say, then we can agree, that your original claim (2220) is just a guess at best and far away from the commonly accepted GMT correlation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
on the original post link however...

this person claims

any theory that implies that the Mayan Long Count would have been designed to reflect astronomical phenomena, be it the precession of the earth or a solar zenith, is a warning signal that its originator is off the mark.

this person is pretty sure that the mayan's had no importance on their philosophy of end times and predictions in relation to celestial and astronomical events...

personally, i beleive that is so very far from the truth, how someone could come up with that one, i do not know

the mayans had the stars and planets figured out better than the westerners! they had profound accuracy that is matched only by our CURRENT astronomical technology! not only that but they lived their daily lives in accordance to the sky, farming and etc, to say what the original post's link's author is saying tends to make me beleive he has either no clue what he is talking about, or is simply wrong about the philosophies and origins of mayan predictions etc. (or it's just disinfo?)

i would rather beleive in the june 6 2012 venus transit across the sunand the december 21 2012 grand cross alignment have significance than this person who doesn't have his facts straight, in my opinion

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So you admit that you post copyrighted information and failed to disclose that? Wow. You might want to correct your post. That's an infringement here.

Remember that carbon dating is not exact and there could be a 40 year or more of uncertainty in the date.

Radiocarbon dating That's a pretty big difference. That nails it down to 1972 to 2052 by the carbon 14 method. That's assuming that the date had a typical uncertainty associated with it.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by stereologist]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

You also claimed an unbroken use of the calendar, which is a fabrication.

Your posts are the fabrications:
www.2012dayafter.com...
"First, the tzolkin count originated among the Olmec at least as early as 679 B.C. (see Edmonson's Book of the Year). We may suspect that astronomical observations were being made from at least that point. The tzolkin count has been followed unbroken since at least that time, up to the present day, demonstrating the high premium placed by the Maya upon continuity of tradition. "

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So you use a hoax site to support your failed claims!

So humorous to say the least. The unbroken claim is a New Agers pipe dream which the claimants have admitted to perpetrating as I posted earlier. Finding more links stating the same hoax does not make it true.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I don't want to convince you. The point is, your 2220 Mayan calendar ending date is not true at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The point is, your 2220 Mayan calendar ending date is not true at all.

I don't think you have a full understanding of what you are saying. I'm not surprised.

That main problem with the 2012 date is that the Venus observations must be sloppy. Lots of people claim how brilliant the ancients were, but the Venus observations are rather poor when compared with the GMT correlation.

I'm fine with learning that the Mayans did rather poorly with their astronomical observations. I'm fine with learning that their abilities were really hampered by their lack of instrumentation. I'm fine with the understanding that they couldn't know about the galactic center, or galaxies, or planets beyond Saturn.

Accepting the 2012 date is simply acknowledging that the Mayans were an average civilization with no special incite into the cosmos.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
nar i think its 2012 ,,,reason check the revalation of john king james bible now go to verse 20 12.. judgement by god

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
nar i think its 2012 ,,,reason check the revalation of john king james bible now go to verse 20 12.. judgement by god

Oh dear God ...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
That's pure conjecture and superstition.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

Could it be that TPTB are giving everyone the wrong date on purpose? I for one support the logic proposed by Calleman, that the 2012 date was just chosen because the calendar would then end on a winter solstice.Text

Who knows. TPTB can go take a flying leap. All the time that people put in to trying to decipher what those shriveled up old geezers are trying to do and the predictions about when the world's gonna end are exercises in futility.

If the world's gonna end, it's gonna end. At that point, who gives a hoot? No one will be left to discuss it anyway. Are we supposed to walk around wondering if we're gonna be wiped off the face of the Earth in the next five minutes?

Enough already. Live your lives. The "when is the world gonna end battle" will be answered only on the day the world ends, and if past historical predictions of this nature are any indicator, that's not probably not going to be in our lifetimes.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Could it be that TPTB are giving everyone the wrong date on purpose? I for one support the logic proposed by Calleman, that the 2012 date was just chosen because the calendar would then end on a winter solstice.Text

Who knows. TPTB can go take a flying leap. All the time that people put in to trying to decipher what those shriveled up old geezers are trying to do and the predictions about when the world's gonna end are exercises in futility.

If the world's gonna end, it's gonna end. At that point, who gives a hoot? No one will be left to discuss it anyway. Are we supposed to walk around wondering if we're gonna be wiped off the face of the Earth in the next five minutes?

Enough already. Live your lives. The "when is the world gonna end battle" will be answered only on the day the world ends, and if past historical predictions of this nature are any indicator, that's not probably not going to be in our lifetimes.

I am sorry if this appeared to anyone as doom and gloom that was not my intent in this thread. My concern as wirh the Maya is that of ascension of mankind, a new cycle. The Fifth Cycle I believe. We cannot help that we feel hurried now, but what does it lead to? Will we release our greedy materialistic ways, to live in peace and harmony once and for all?

I also posted somewhere else months ago that even the TimeWaveZero theory was off by weeks if not months. I feel that time is somehow off by a good month we seem to be a month or more ahead of the calendar. I noticed fireflys and grasshoppers at the end of May and that aint right...

Again the calendar as I understand it, must end on Ahau 13. Anyone wishing to learn about the Long Counts comparison to the history of the planet, can rent Ian Lungolds video The Mayan Calendar comes north. I got it from Netflix... Or to learn more about rhe calendar in general vist the link below

Mayan Majix Learning Lab

Also check out the articles section...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
By the way thanks to all who have responded to this thread. I have watched it die and ressurect a few times now which means it has merit for at least several ATS members...

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I haven't read this thread, past the first few posts, but its very interesting. 10 28 11 is kind similar to 11 11.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I think some westerners are angry 'cause a bunch of mexicans figured out astronomy than they could ever achieve without a telescope.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
j

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The fifth cycle of man started in 2007 with the comet holmes via the hopi prophecies. Most experts believe we have a purification stage before comet holmes returns in 2014. Then the red star kachina will show itself. I don't think 2012 is the date personally. Even in 2007 we have that one interesting event called the 5 suns. It was a bunch of sun dogs connected to the main sun. This is why I believe the comet holmes was the blue star kachina. It was a significant event for mankind in 2007.

5 suns in 2007

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It is similar. It's nonsense. You should learn about the Benford law of numbers. You might find it interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join