It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real end date 10-28-2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The long count calendar was based on a 360 day year. Later calendars used a 365 day year.

Yes, but it's been proven that the ancient calendars are more accurate.

This is why we have to remove one full day from our calendars every 400 years. If our calendars were precise, we would not need to make the adjustment in regular intervals.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The etymology of Apocalypse.

Originally posted by TheIrvy
From my readings, I do not believe it is an end we are approaching, but a cosmic birth. Up until now mankind has been blind, unaware of where we came from or where we're going. We see the universe from the viewpoint of that lack of knowledge, and can only guess and conjecture about the true nature of reality.

It is my belief that big imitates small and vice versa, and as a race, we are spiritually in the womb, safe, secure, but unable to extend our reach beyond the wall of that womb.

Many of us are already kicking, becoming aware of our true nature and already trying to "be who we will be", but regardless of how hard we try, we are still in the womb and are only kicking at this point. However, just like an unborn child, it is that kicking that shows we are alive and well and ready to be born.

Imagine how chaotic and terrible labour must be to the baby involved. Everything that has kept it safe, kept it fed, it's entire world convulses and spits it out into the bright blinding light of life. From that perspective, being born must seem like the end of the world. It's only once we're out and on the other side that we'll truely be able to grasp the wonder of it all, and truely appreciate how much better it will be.

Revelations.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

That's incorrect. We actually add a day every 400 years.

The older calendars are not more accurate. Our calendar is accurate to milliseconds. Here is what is happening. The time it takes the earth to turn is not nicely related to the time it takes the earth to go around the sun. Years are counts of rotation. Days are counts of turning.

A year is approximately 365.24 days. So every 4 years we add a day to the calendar even though only .96 days has happened. After 100 years we find out that 25 times .96 is 24. So the 100th year, the 25th time to add a day is skipped so we only add 24 days in 100 years. Now we are back on track. Well not quite since the year is a teensy bit more than 365.24 days in length. Every 400 years we use the leap day as we did in 2000 and the calendar continues to be synchronized with the orbit of the earth about the sun. This is how our calendar matches the orbit of the earth. Watch out for leap seconds and such so that our clocks continue to match the rotation of the earth. That's something the ancients couldn't even detect and we do and adjust for it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The older calendars are not more accurate. Our calendar is accurate to milliseconds. Here is what is happening. The time it takes the earth to turn is not nicely related to the time it takes the earth to go around the sun. Years are counts of rotation. Days are counts of turning.

A year is approximately 365.24 days. So every 4 years we add a day to the calendar even though only .96 days has happened. After 100 years we find out that 25 times .96 is 24. So the 100th year, the 25th time to add a day is skipped so we only add 24 days in 100 years. Now we are back on track. Well not quite since the year is a teensy bit more than 365.24 days in length. Every 400 years we use the leap day as we did in 2000 and the calendar continues to be synchronized with the orbit of the earth about the sun. This is how our calendar matches the orbit of the earth. Watch out for leap seconds and such so that our clocks continue to match the rotation of the earth. That's something the ancients couldn't even detect and we do and adjust for it.

Wow, your post is the absolute epitome of disinformation

First off, the Mayan's were actually the first to come up with the 365 day calendar, actually 365 1/4 day calendar. It was called the HAAB.

It was broken down into 18 20 day months and 1 5 day month.

The Mayans work with a vigesimal number system (base 20 not base 10, like ours). Their days were each 13 hours in length, not 24 and that is why you have 13 intentions in each baktun in the long count.

The Mayans were excellent astronomers and knew precisely how long it took the Earth the rotate around the Sun.

The Gregorian calender created by Pope Gregory was created to perfectly match the Mayan's Haab calendar.

I suggest Stereologist read more than one article about the Mayans before spouting off nonsense.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

The Gregorian calendar is not based on the Mayan calendar. That's the worst claim I've read here in a long time. I suggest you read some real information before spouting this type of nonsense.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In fact the Haab used an exact 365 day year and disregarded the 1/4 day as did the Julian calendar.

Maya calendar - wikipedia

As a calendar for keeping track of the seasons, the Haab' was a bit inaccurate, since it treated the year as having exactly 365 days, and ignored the extra quarter day (approximately) in the actual tropical year. This meant that the seasons moved with respect to the calendar year by a quarter day each year, so that the calendar months named after particular seasons no longer corresponded to these seasons after a few centuries. The Haab' is equivalent to the wandering 365-day year of the ancient Egyptians.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The Gregorian calendar is not based on the Mayan calendar. That's the worst claim I've read here in a long time. I suggest you read some real information before spouting this type of nonsense.

Really?

When Columbus sailed the ocean in 1492, one of the things he brought back was stuff from the Mayan calendar, Mayan Codices.

We were told they were burned, right? Wrong! I think they were sequestered in the Vatican archive. Who in the right mind is going to destroy information? Forget the fact that they are not religious, that they're into saving their own skins, that they're looking for edges on society and politics and populations, and it's all about control.

The cover story is, of course if they're burned, nobody can look at them any more - so you can look at them in secret. So I think all these codices that the scholars missed, they went back to the Vatican.

The reason I know this, cause the only way this could have worked out is that in 1582, when a German scholar was set up by Pope Gregory to head a council to reform the calendar. The seasons had gotten out of sequence with Easter and Christmas, and the resurrection of Christ and all that. You can’t have Christmas in July, and that was what was going on. So the calendar had to be reformed from the old Julian calendar.

So Gregory sets Clavius, who is the German mathematician genius, to head this panel, this ‘presidential committee’, if you want to think of it in those terms, to basically recommend changes in the calendar. When all's said and done, they came out with a calendar which readjusted the dates, the seasons, the times, brought everything back in sync.

It’s called the Gregorian calendar. We live under it now. It took a while for it to percolate through various parts of Christendom and parts of the world that were not Christian at that time. In 1583 it was set ahead 11 days.

If you look at the synchronization of the Mayan calendar and the Gregorian calendar, this very crucial date of 2012, according to the US Naval observatory, you can go on to their website - Google is your friend - and you will find that the magic moment, the Mayan moment when the world changes, doesn’t end - but changes - radically, is December 21st, 2012, at 11:11 am. Universal Time.

There's no way that can be accidental, because 11:11 is a code for the physics that we’ve decoded from the monuments of Mars. That’s a long story that we don’t have time to get into now, but it’s on the Enterprise website, it’s in the books. The point is: there's no way that Clavius could have done this unless he either had an independent source of knowledge that was much more sophisticated.

OR

The 11:11 am alignments on December 21, 2012 was deliberately created by Pope Gregory, under the direction of the powers that be at that time.

They took a german mathmatician, who assembled a team and then they used texts that theoretically do not exist. Many of the mayan books that were said to have been burned weren't burned, but crated up and taken back to the Vatican as part of the payoff for the expedition and the slicing of the planet between the spanish and the portugeuse by the pope of that time."

"Pope Gregory brought aboard a team of mathmaticians who spent 5 months at the reconciliation level alone, to get the gregorian calendar to align, specifically, with the end of the mayan calendar with these particular numbers.

They wanted the 11:11 am because 11 is the number of mastery, it is one number beyond divinity and the 11:11 combo brings you to 22 which is their number for sainthood or ascension.

The whole 2012 date continuously points back to the holy cross, or the swastika. If you look down on a swastika, it's both the double cross, indicating the 4 sided pyramid, or 5 sided counting the bottom, but it also represents a solar effect.

This solar effect can been seen from the sun or from outside the earth but we can't see it from here. The effect twists somewhat to create an image similar to the swastika. the swastika was encoded as a reference to solar activity that will occur around 2012.

What you're not taking into account is the lengths the TPTB have gone to manipulate our calendar systems.

I suggest looking at all angles of this and not just what we've been told. There is much evidence out there to suggest otherwise.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Very funny post. Very, very funny post.

The Gregorian calender created by Pope Gregory was created to perfectly match the Mayan's Haab calendar.

The Gregorian calendar was adopted in 1582. The Mayan glyphs were not decoded until the 1800s. Rather silly to claim that the Gregorian matched the Haab calendar when the Haab was a Julian style calendar.

Maya Script Decipherment

The decipherment of the writing was a long and laborious process. Nineteenth century and early 20th century investigators managed to decode the Maya numbers and portions of the texts related to astronomy and the Maya calendar

Deciphering The Maya Glyphs

Maya hieroglyphs have baffled and fascinated researchers since the 1820s, when the first steps toward deciphering the rich glyphs and symbols of Maya monuments, ceramics, and the few surviving Maya books were made.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Rather silly to claim that the Gregorian matched the Haab calendar when the Haab was a Julian style calendar.

It's rather ironic that you find this silly since the Gregorian is a minor correction to the Julian. Thanks for affirming my contention.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Apparently you don't understand that the Haab was not as refined as the Gregorian calendar since it matched the Julian calendar which had been found to be too imprecise.

When you give quotes from the internet please give links so that we can see the source.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i35.tinypic.com...

this is key.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I think stereologist works for the NASA site -Ask an astrobiologist anything.

they also believe our calender is the most correct calender. LOL

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Your guesses about me are as bad as any of the other guesses you post.

Instead of guessing can you post a more accurate calendar than the one we use. I expect you to make at least a non-feeble attempt to back up your claims.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
i35.tinypic.com...

this is key.

Oh # we are living in the "fully ethical society" part of the cycle. I didn't noticed thanks for informing me.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
wow, i almost forgot what we were talking about here...nice jacking work people...If you don't like what people are saying over and over again, just hit the ol' ignore button. works every time!

When I first started learning about Oct. 28th 2011 I had a kind of spiritual awakening, I thought I figured it all out.

I was deep into my TPTB research and wondering if there really is a man/woman behind the curtain why would they let us think or believe that 12-21-2012 was "the end". It all made so much sense that it was a year and a month earlier! While we are all still digging our trenches, collecting our seeds and getting ready for next winter, BAM!, 10-28-2011.

It makes sense to me. All my friends, i mean ALL of them are into the dreamspell calender...And thats another thing, it is called the dreamspell...like a spell has been cast over us...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What about 2220 being the better date?

Too bad: Mayan calendar predictions revised, 2012 becomes 2220

Seems that the Mayan calendar is better fit to predictions of Venus ion the calendar is a date of 2220 is used.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

i believe, the whole Mayan end date. is the representation of a cosmic cycle.

they never said it was the end of the world. that's pure dis-information, rather the start of a new age or new cycle.

who knows they might have been right.....

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KidIkarios
It makes sense to me. All my friends, i mean ALL of them are into the dreamspell calender...And thats another thing, it is called the dreamspell...like a spell has been cast over us...

dreamspell....godspell....gospel ???

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
also think of this...

3 day after the 28th is 11/1/11.

so... that's a very heavy numerlogical / gematria / kabbalistic / auspicious date.

11+11+1 = the number 23

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
also.. pay attention -

www.timeanddate.com...

From and including: Friday, October 28, 2011
To, but not including : Friday, December 21, 2012

It is 420 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 1 year, 1 month, 23 days excluding the end date
Alternative time units
420 days can be converted to one of these units:

* 36,288,000 seconds
* 604,800 minutes
* 10,080 hours
* 60 weeks

420 is a very oft used date/number in orchestrated world events..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join