It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real end date 10-28-2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well thats a nice way to spend my brothers 21st

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think people get into the mindset that "they" would mislead us on purpose when it comes to a variety of topics... Paranoia setting in? I believe we have interpreted the Mayan dates correctly.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The Mayan dates are correct when using 2220 as the end dates. That makes the calendar match events in the associated Venus table.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Nooooooooooooooooooooo !!

Not the day before my birthday. Damn it!!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
i agree with date as well.

Starting February 11th 2011 events will be happening almost event month that shall shape the course of history.

October 28th, 2011 is the peak of all this, one theory is that everything that could possibly happen, will happen all at once, in a moment known as zero-time.

also didn't the hidden-hand thread predict this day and call it the dark knight?

i don't know, but this whole 2012/2011 phenomenon or whatever you wish to label it, seems to be proving itself more truthful everyday.

what is going on is natural, and part of a universal cycle, i think this is going on throughout other planets and star systems in our galaxy.

Sounds like Ron Weinland stuff. Who's been on his site, come on, own up!!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by daggyz]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
also think of this...

3 day after the 28th is 11/1/11.

so... that's a very heavy numerlogical / gematria / kabbalistic / auspicious date.

11+11+1 = the number 23

This is interesting. It gets back to the whole 11:11 thing. Just thought I'd bump the thread up a little. This is important. This means something...

[edit on 6/26/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

What's so big about 11:11? It's all about shoehorning things isn't it and connecting dots with meaningless connects.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Have any of you ever noticed that when we come upon a date that is said to be the end and we reach it a new date is set in place (something to look forward to I guess), though the 2012 date is the most widespread it is not the end. If something does actually end up happining it will not be natural, it will be a man made disaster (reinactment of bible prophicies), to heard the sheeple to slaughter I believe (the Illuminati are doing the right thing).

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The Mayan dates are correct when using 2220 as the end dates. That makes the calendar match events in the associated Venus table.

There are a lot of Mayan calendar end dates. The currently accepted versions end in 2012. Also the mayan successors use the unbroken version which ends in 2012. Your claim is misleading or disinfo.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bocimaster

There are a lot of Mayan calendar end dates. The currently accepted versions end in 2012. Also the mayan successors use the unbroken version which ends in 2012. Your claim is misleading or disinfo.

There is no such thing as an unbroken version. You are spreading disinfo. There are many correlation functions only one of which has the date as 2012.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

There is no such thing as an unbroken version. You are spreading disinfo. There are many correlation functions only one of which has the date as 2012.

You are spreading the disinfo in every topic i see here. Unbroken calendar:
edj.net...
"The truth is that an unbroken calendar tradition survives in the Highlands of Guatemala; this tzolkin count placement is the same one followed at the Classic Maya cities, and makes December 21, 2012 A.D. equivalent to 4 Ahau in the tzolkin calendar. "

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Bocimaster]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

This is disinfo you have spread. The GMT is the correlation you have referred to.

one solution to the difficulties in reconstructing the adjustment mechanisms of the Maya Venus Calendar, is to simply identify the next time that a morningstar appearance of Venus corresponds with the traditional tzolkin date One Ahau

This technique can't work. The Mayans were unable to get this value exactly since their observational tools were of limited accuracy. In an attempt to reconcile the Venus observations with the Mayan calendar a new correlation was produced.
Too bad: Mayan calendar predictions revised, 2012 becomes 2220

Instead of a scientific study you author simply makes an assignment without determining if the cycles match.

Toward this end, I identified April 3, 2001 A.D. as the next Sacred Day of Venus. This date is 4 days after inferior conjunction of Venus (meaning that Venus will be technically in its first morningstar appearance) and is also the tzolkin date One Ahau in the traditional Maya calendar.

Finally, we see that your source claims the existence of an unbroken Mayan calendar. The calendar was broken back in the 1500s, which is why GMT had to be developed.
Correlations between Western calendars and the Long Count

What we know about the Tzolkin calendar is that:

The Tzolk'in is the basis for the modern, New Age invention of the "Dreamspell" calendar, developed by the esoteric author Jose Arguelles. The Dreamspell calendar is sometimes mistakenly identified as an authentic interpretation or extension of the original Maya calendar, although Arguelles himself acknowledges the Dreamspell calendar is a new and syncretic creation, inspired by elements from mesoamerican and non-mesoamerican sources.

Tzolkin

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bocimaster

This was my point, as well as Callemans... The Izapans are the one saying 12-21-2012 not the Mayans. The calendar must end on a 13 Ahau day, and 10-28-2011 fits perfectly. This calendar was put in place hundreds of years ago and measured, it would not be a date beyond 2012 no matter how much we screwed up other calendar systems along the way.

This is why the real date when compared to other calendar systems comes into question. While I do not wholeheartedly support the doom and gloom aspect, I do believe in a cosmic conciousness occuring. A fundamental change in lifestyle.

Sometimes change comes with a price. Some people will not want change, and will fight it with all their heart. There is alot wrong with society now and things will change. 2011 - 2012 may well represent that change. A time to start being more human(e) and spiritual. Some have said that this conciousness may even open the door to using faculties of our brains, that we are not yet aware of. We will see.

And my thanks to those who bump this thread, It is better to be prepared for a possibilty, than to miss one entirely.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bocimaster

I really find it hard to believe the Mayans would be off by 200 years..

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

What's so big about 11:11? It's all about shoehorning things isn't it and connecting dots with meaningless connects.

Sometimes I really think these people are convinced that some NUMBERS that happen to be in a particular order are able to CHANGE THE FABRIC OF THE UNIVERSE just because they happen to be in this particular order.

I mean, what the hell?

Use your brains people!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

The Mayans aren't off by 200 years. It's a difference in the correlation functions which attempt to match up dates between different calendars. The problem is that the Mayans had great uncertainty in their positions of Venus. Why? Because, they made visual studies without instruments. A study of their data reveals that their records had a bit of inexactness like 10 days off at times. In an effort to find agreement between the actual motions of Venus and the Mayan Venus tables it is assumed that overall the tables are correct although any given piece of data is quite rough. That has led to a match up in the calendars that differs from the GMT by 200 years.

To give you an idea of the difficulty in matching up dates, did you know that some people still use the Julian calendar? Did you know that countries switched to the Gregorian calendar at different times? If you get a date you need to know where it was written down, because you need to know which calendar was being used. Things can get tricky.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

This is a calendar change. It is like getting a new calendar at the start of the year. The only calendar I could find with predictions associated with it was one in which the Mayans predicted a possible shortage of corn and squash. There is nothing special about the end of the Haab calendar, which with the GMT correlation is in 2012. With other correlations it could be 200 years from now.

Regardless of which of the calendars is chosen there is still the problem of the correlation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I think all this is due to their desperate *wish* for something to happen in 2012.
I can understand that. I would also be awestricken if something magnificent happened, as the youngsters these days say, "just for the lulz".

The problem is when this wish of their becomes an obsession, forcing them to desperately seek AND find "signs" for this in everything, from the digits in their micro-wave to the shoe-size of the president of Mgamba, all "connected" of course ...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
the nwo will try to escape as early as 2011 with their masonic satanic scenarios - chipping people, cern stargates etc.

and our own escape - that of God's people will happen also before 21/12/2012. To be realistic, if only half of the doom related to 2012 is real, the planet earth will feel it much earlier than december.

the masons made it as clear as possible, that unless they save us (the fake way out), we are doomed. The problem is not that they say that (via movies etc), the problem is 2012 is a real planetary change that we already feel everyday with greater intensity. The good news is not only they provide escape way.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Gliese581]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

www.2adventuretravel.com...
"A very large number of correlation constants has been proposed by many authors but there is very little doubt that the correct one is the GMT. It makes no difference if you belive in the 2200 version.
Wooden lintels from doors at Tikal and other organic items that can be assigned to Long Count dates have been carbon dated and these agree with the GMT correlation to within the limits of the accuracy of the dating process, a few years. This confirms the GMT correlation and casts grave doubt on correlations that are not close to the GMT. written by Billy Bob, November 25, 2009 "
So stop making false claims about when the Mayan calendar ends.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Bocimaster]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join