It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican gov't slams Arizona immigration law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

finance.yahoo.com

The Mexican government criticized Wednesday a tough immigration law approved this week by Arizona legislators, saying it could result in rights violations and racial profiling and affect cross-border relations.

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said in a statement relayed through Mexico's U.S. embassy that it viewed the measure with great concern and said it "could have potentially serious effects on the civil rights" of Mexican nationals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Arizona passes strict illegal immigration act

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

"Mexico views with concern the possible negative effects the measure could have, if approved, on the development of the ties of friendship, culture, commerce and tourism that have characterized Mexico's relations with Arizona for generations," according to the statement.

The law has been approved by the Arizona legislators and is awaiting consideration by Gov. Jan Brewer. The measures makes it a state crime for migrants to be in Arizona without documents.

Mexico also said the bill "opens the door to the inappropriate use of racial profiling."

An estimated 11.8 million Mexicans live in the United States. A large percentage are undocumented, and Arizona has been one of the main routes for undocumented migration into the United States.

Oh yeah baby. Let's play the game of politics. Bash a US state on one hand publicly for finally taking measures to deal with this problem, while you privately council your people and hand out fliers on how best to cross the border illegally.

finance.yahoo.com

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Who the hell cares what mexico thinks? They don't like it, then here's a suggestion, clean up your crappy 3rd world country and run an honest govt, and maybe, just maybe, people wont feel the need to run over here and ruin our country. And as for racial profiling, who cares, I'm puertorican and will gladly show an officer my ID to prove I'm a legal resident so long as it helps get the illegals out and back to their own country! This really is the only reasonable answer to this criminal problem we have here.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_truth_is_stranger
They don't like it, then here's a suggestion, clean up your crappy
3rd world country and run an honest govt,

it's ironic u should say that when
we can't even clean up our own

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

How many Americans are fleeing into Mexico again?

There is always a "blame America first" guy hanging around somewhere.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I'll give you that one. Altho once(if) we get the Illegals out, we can start cleaning up the mess they (leave)left us, and start dealing with our own problems.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Racial profiling is an excuse for the Mexicans to not handle their situation. I don't care if Jesus crossed into the US he had better show some ID or proof of US citizenship.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Heh, Heh. Mexico is funny.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Racial profiling is an excuse for the Mexicans to not handle their situation. I don't care if Jesus crossed into the US he had better show some ID or proof of US citizenship.

lmao
them being from Mexico

u'll prolly have a lot of Jesus(s plural)
coming cross the border

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'll give you that one. Altho once(if) we get the Illegals out,
we can start cleaning up the mess they (leave)left us, and
start dealing with our own problems.

now I would agree with that

where shall we start ??

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well why doesn't Arizona prosecute and imprison individuals from companies that are hiring illegal workers?

ANd for those who think we can just deport 10 million people across the border...you're nuts.

Before anything can be done with concerning illegals...the issue with the border first needs to be addressed. Then, after we get a handle on the situation, amnesty will have to be granted...just as it was under Ronald Reagan.

I don't care to see a modern day Trail of Tears....do you?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

First California, now Mexico. Sweet.

Racial profiling may not be P.C., but it works. Illegal mexicans in our country cost us A LOT of money. 33 states in the country are broke, and California is one of them. Of all people, you'd think that Cali would want to get rid of one of the reasons they're broke.

And Mexico is crying that Arizona may be infringing on illegals' civil rights? There's so many things wrong with that concept, I don't know where to start. If you don't like the way we treat your citizens, quit giving them reasons to come here. If you think a foriegn country is going to have any sway in how Arizona treats the "illegal" issue, you're delusional. Arpaio has been salivating for a law like this to be passed for years now, and it's just around the corner. I have no doubt in my mind that he'll take care of business. You think people are crying now? You aint seen nothing yet.

Oh yeah, before I forget. California? If you think we're mean and nasty to the poor mexicans, come and get 'em. Don't worry, we won't put up a fight.

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

finance.yahoo.com

The Mexican government criticized Wednesday a tough immigration law approved this week by Arizona legislators, saying it could result in rights violations and racial profiling and affect cross-border relations.

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said in a statement relayed through Mexico's U.S. embassy that it viewed the measure with great concern and said it "could have potentially serious effects on the civil rights" of Mexican nationals.

Having been raised in Arizona, here's my take on the U.S. southwestern mindset toward Mexican nationals.

When viewed as a group of people, Arizonans love the Mexican peoples' strong work ethic, cherished family ties, delicious food, generous spirit, sense of humor, ability to roll with the punches, and proud heritage and the economy in Arizona is in great need of their labor and contributions.

Now, about immigration of Mexican nationals into Arizona:

Okay, let me lay it out for you, Mexican Nationals who entered the U.S. illegally or who overstayed their student or tourist or work visa are all classified as illegal aliens. They are nationals of another country, Mexico. Thus, mexico shoould be collecting their taxes and doling out civil and social services to them.

Mexican nationals who have entered the country or arranged while after already being in the country to become citizens and who have, thus, applied for and received a green card (or at the very least have a green card number and are waiting for their card) are more than welcome to enjoy any/all of the civil and/or social services/priviledges that citizens of the United States of America are entitled to as they also help to pay for these amenities and, thus, share the right to enjoy.

Get it?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Arizona passes strict illegal immigration act

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Well why doesn't Arizona prosecute and imprison individuals from companies that are hiring illegal workers?

31. Establishes a class 3 felony for failing to:

a) verify employment eligibility through E-Verify or

b) keep records of verifications.

www.azleg.gov...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Maybe they should take care of thier own affairs before bashing our policies.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by wantsome]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here's an interesting twist on this situation:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Laws: Read to the bottom or you will miss the message…

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.
2. All ballots will be in this nation’s language.
3.. All government business will be conducted in our language.
4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office
6 Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners come here and buy land… options will be restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9.. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.
10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.
Too strict?…… The above laws are current immigration laws of MEXICO !!! These sound fine to me. NOW, how can we get these laws to be America’s immigration laws?? WAKE UP, AMERICA !!!!
Categories: News Posted By: Papa Mike
Last Edit: 22 Mar 2009 @ 08 21 AM

E-mail • Permalink
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 21-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

We CAN deport 10 million people across the border. It won't happen overnight, but it can and should happen.

And no, we're not nuts, we're determined.

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And so neither the Federal government nor Mexico has an answer/help for these states and this issue as a whole.

I'm sure people at all levels are opening their eyes even if it is to condemn the bill ...finally

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

that only applies to the honest employer

a dishonest one pays under the table
with no taxes

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnybodyOutThere?

I'm all with you when it comes to the legals buddy. For the most part they are decent, hard working, peaceful people. And Taco Bell will NEVER make a Carne Asada burrito like they do

You say that Mexico should be taxing their wages and giving them social services while they live here illegaly? How exactly would that work. If they came to this country illegally, then wouldn't they have had to leave theirs illegally also? As in with no passport? Mexico has no idea who of their citizens are here IMO.

Chances are very good that crossing the border isn't the only illegal thing they've done in their life. You were born here, I've lived here for 90% of my adult life at this point. You know as well as I do that they are a burden to our state financially, crimanally, and socially.

I can point out 5 neighborhoods right now in Phoenix that have gone to sh## at the same time that more illegals moved into those neighborhoods. You know how they hang out at the Home Depot's all the time? High School kids used to do the jobs they're doing now.

We need them gone and we need them gone yesterday.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join