It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teapartiers: What an outrage!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
You know, I was just thinking, why hasn't the Tea Partiers stopped everything that SN has a problem with.

Hey SN, maybe you should try and congeal the TPM to a more cohesive bond?

No, you are just doing this to be snarky.

I think we need a multiple-party shared coalition type government.

I share many beliefs with pure libertarians. I am a social democrat. Libertarians are closer to liberals than authoritarians.

But this is beside the point, no? Libertarians should be aghast at the prospect of this law, no?

I'm not just being snarky. I whole-heartedly believe everything I have written on this thread. I have written the governor. I urge others who care to do so as well....

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterall

I live in a racially diverse state that has a DIRECT BORDER with a foreign country. How can that not apply to a discussion about illegal immigration? I also live in a very rural area....farmland...get it. You know who usually work on farms, especially in border states, right?

And so you also have a few million Illegal Canadians also causing havoc?
I live in Washington state so I guess we are the same too....not.

have a border and race issues.

Yep those Canadians are just streaming across.... hehe

It comes down to what is considered reasonable as the bill says. I agree it is a double edge sword that if it is used as you fear then their courts will be flooded with litigation for the next 50 years. I’m not sure if the governor has line vote ability but it is dangerous in the total freedom it provides authorities if used incorrectly.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

I think we need a multiple-party shared coalition type government.

Kind of like a strong state level government and a small Fed government? This would fit more within our forefather’s views and allow a person to live in the state that is best for them. As it is right now no one is happy since an all encompassing fed government can hardly match everyone’s views at once.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Afterall

I live in a racially diverse state that has a DIRECT BORDER with a foreign country. How can that not apply to a discussion about illegal immigration? I also live in a very rural area....farmland...get it. You know who usually work on farms, especially in border states, right?

And so you also have a few million Illegal Canadians also causing havoc?
I live in Washington state so I guess we are the same too....not.

have a border and race issues.

Yep those Canadians are just streaming across.... hehe

It comes down to what is considered reasonable as the bill says. I agree it is a double edge sword that if it is used as you fear then their courts will be flooded with litigation for the next 50 years. I’m not sure if the governor has line vote ability but it is dangerous in the total freedom it provides authorities if used incorrectly.

Tons and tons of schedule 1 illegal narcotics come through the slippery Canadian border, no?? Wasn't the millennial bomber also attempting to access the US via Canada? All it would take is a President named palin, and we could start sledding down that slippery slope.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/21/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by skunknuts

How is what the State of Arizona did the Tea Parties responsibility? The Tea Party movement has always been a grass root movement in response to a federal government clearly out of control.

Its not their responsibility but their silence over the matter is deafening.

The Tea Party movement has their hands full with the federal government,

They have their hands full? Thats your excuse? I am honestly dumbfounded.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If this was flipped where everybody across the US was to be asked whether they had a permit to carry their guns if they looks suspicious, there would be outrage. The hypocrisy burns.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Skunknuts.... Seems too many confuse liberal concepts with libertarian ideology...

A Pure libertarian does not endorse the state forcing its citizens to pay taxes to support welfare programs for other citizens, let alone non-citizens.

Porous borders in the U.S. are a safety valve to prevent revolution in Mexico & keep the Mexican people in perpetual despotism by multinational corporations.

C&P from another site discussing this issue:

Immigration argument is moot... and here's why...I think a lot of people on here get selective amnesia as to exactly what made this country great in the 1st place when addressing the topic of immigration...Revolution. That being said I am going to tackle this issue as I do with every one of my relatives. I am a 1st generation American of Mexican and European descent with full knowledge of the history of Mexico and it's relations with the United States. Everybody I hear speak about this problem misses the point completely. Mexicans are their own worst enemies just as many Americans sometimes are. What I am trying to say is that they love our freedoms and the opportunities that they have in this country, but they refuse to fight for them on their own land and yet they have the nerve to have unabashed pride in the country they ran away from. This makes no logical sense. All they are doing by running away is allowing for their corrupt leaders to stay in power and stifling the voices of anyone that would dissent and prevent a revolution that desperately needs to happen in that country. If they want the same freedoms that we have here then they need to fight for them there…plain & simple. Our forefathers fought and they bled. They risked life and limb, family and property to attain freedom and independence from the yolk of the crown…and they did. American freedoms and welfare have made them complacent and lazy and this needs to end. If they want our freedoms, they can fight and bleed on their own land to attain them. Viva La Revolucion.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I love it
You act like you support them and are angry at the actions they are taking. I follow your post and you are a progressive that would prefer chains to freedom. But I guess it is easier to spread propaganda from the inside out.

I am starting to notice a tend on ATS progressive acting like patriots. Another one is the poster who I will not name but has a a very patriotic avatar theme and is holding a baby.

See these posters for what they are propaganda spreaders and Trolls. They dont care about the issues they care about the cause and if you dont believe me read their posts for yourself. I am sick of it I truly am.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

It matters not my friend an old trick of TPTB is to control the opposition,with the GOP and the likes of Sean Hannity now linking themselves to the movement its heading towards DOA.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Skunknuts.... Seems too many confuse liberal concepts with libertarian ideology...

A Pure libertarian does not endorse the state forcing its citizens to pay taxes to support welfare programs for other citizens, let alone non-citizens.
[edit on 21-4-2010 by zzombie]

Um, I think you need to do a little more investigating into the construct of libertarianism. Only someone VERY uninformed would think that a libertarian's only concern is what you wrote. Thanks for trying to make ME look like the confused one, though.

Here you go:

Libertarian Party Website

Here is their detailed platform:

www.lp.org...

Platform

National Platform of the Libertarian Party
Adopted in Convention, May 2008, Denver, Colorado

Preamble

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings.

The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.

In the following pages we have set forth our basic principles and enumerated various policy stands derived from those principles. These specific policies are not our goal, however. Our goal is nothing more nor less than a world set free in our lifetime, and it is to this end that we take these stands.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/21/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Oh come buddy, I haven't even had a chance to respond to your posts in that other thread. Why are you singling me out in this one? Sheesh! I will say this again; The Tea Party Movement is a grass roots movement that was formed in response to an out of control Federal Government. It is disingenuous of both you and the O.P. to try and make the Arizona legislation an issue about Tea Partiers.

Further, I will make this perfectly clear, and I assure I have made this statement in other posts in this site; I have never been comfortable with the idea of referring to any person as illegal. No person is illegal, not by virtue of their residence, or birth, or any other reason. These are my beliefs and I do not represent the Tea Party in anyway. I have clear empathy with that movement, but I could swear most noble Guardian that you have suggested the same thing. The difference in this thread, is that my empathy for that movement remains clear and any empathy you may of had for the movement is not so clear.

(My friend, I am still working on some projects that prevent me from posting too much at this time, so be patient with me, and I will eventually respond to you in that other thread. Always good to see you though.)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

I love it
You act like you support them and are angry at the actions they are taking. I follow your post and you are a progressive that would prefer chains to freedom. But I guess it is easier to spread propaganda from the inside out.

I am starting to notice a tend on ATS progressive acting like patriots. Another one is the poster who I will not name but has a a very patriotic avatar theme and is holding a baby.

See these posters for what they are propaganda spreaders and Trolls. They dont care about the issues they care about the cause and if you dont believe me read their posts for yourself. I am sick of it I truly am.

Sorry if I've failed your purity test
. I never said 'we,' did I?

I really thought we'd agree on this one. So you're more w/ palin than paul? Who woulda thunk?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I love it

I am starting to notice a tend on ATS progressive acting like patriots.

Im sorry but this has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Why is it that this is all the armed chair revolutionaries can do in response to the point in the OP? Derail, attack, complain about illegals? The fact is americans will be forced to time and time again prove their birth right merely over how they look. Its astounding.

If this was about guns rights would you stand for it? Nope I should guess not. You'd be outraged!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

It matters not my friend an old trick of TPTB is to control the opposition,with the GOP and the likes of Sean Hannity now linking themselves to the movement its heading towards DOA.

I agree with you the Republicans are just as bad if not worse. We need to look at the progressives this is who is running this game we play everyday. They are truly vial and will side with anyone just to win they have no back bones.

We need real leadership in this country we need jobs and for anti-monopoly laws to be enforced again. We need new roads and schools and for the power lines to be placed underground. We need to be Americans again and spread freedom by example not force.

And we need to see right and wrong again and get rid of this politically correct crap. Kids need to lose once in awhile and parents need to spank their kids again. Cops need to keep the peace rather than rule with a iron fist. We need the American dream back does anyone know were it went?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone to explain what this law has to do with the Tea Party? Any excuse to bash, eh? People who are admittedly not members of the Tea Party trying to tell the actual Party members how to run their ship?

Huh.

The OP is a stretch, and this unmitigated bile being spewed by Obama supporters towards anyone that doesn't tow the line, is bordering on religious mania. What was it the man said? "Let he who is without sin, be the the first to cast stones." If people only saw it from the outside, Obama supporters and Birthers are all cut from the same cloth. What's the deal with sniping the Tea Party folks anyways? What's the OP and others doing about this legislation? Why are they asking other people to do something that they themselves are not? This thread is a joke, IMO. People looking for a reason to bash others with different ideologies.

Chrono

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I love it

I am starting to notice a tend on ATS progressive acting like patriots.

Im sorry but this has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Why is it that this is all the armed chair revolutionaries can do in response to the point in the OP? Derail, attack, complain about illegals? The fact is americans will be forced to time and time again prove their birth right merely over how they look. Its astounding.

If this was about guns rights would you stand for it? Nope I should guess not. You'd be outraged!

Boy you really want to brand me as a revolutionary dont you. I think you are a coward who would rather spread a agenda then argue the issues. You are the very thing I was talking about.

How many threads have a said revolution is a good thing? 0
How many threads have I said it is a bad thing? Many

You spread nothing but lies that you can not back up that is why you are a coward. You do not deal in the truth or the facts.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin
I'm still waiting for someone to explain what this law has to do with the Tea Party? Any excuse to bash, eh? People who are admittedly not members of the Tea Party trying to tell the actual Party members how to run their ship?

Huh.

The OP is a stretch, and this unmitigated bile being spewed by Obama supporters towards anyone that doesn't tow the line, is bordering on religious mania. What was it the man said? "Let he who is without sin, be the the first to cast stones." If people only saw it from the outside, Obama supporters and Birthers are all cut from the same cloth. What's the deal with sniping the Tea Party folks anyways? What's the OP and others doing about this legislation? Why are they asking other people to do something that they themselves are not? This thread is a joke, IMO. People looking for a reason to bash others with different ideologies.

Chrono

Where did I bash true libertarian-styled Ron Paul tea-partiers??

I am pointing out that this is an issue that should be on their radar--front and center!

I wrote the governor, and asked her to think like an American, not a politician. What have you done?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I would like to call you out please provide me with just one post were I say revolution is a good idea.

I bet you will just talk in circles rather then prove what you are saying.

Prove me wrong post just one thread go into my posts and find just one.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

I agree with you the Republicans are just as bad if not worse. We need to look at the progressives this is who is running this game we play everyday. They are truly vial and will side with anyone just to win they have no back bones.

We need real leadership in this country we need jobs and for anti-monopoly laws to be enforced again. We need new roads and schools and for the power lines to be placed underground. We need to be Americans again and spread freedom by example not force.

And we need to see right and wrong again and get rid of this politically correct crap. Kids need to lose once in awhile and parents need to spank their kids again. Cops need to keep the peace rather than rule with a iron fist. We need the American dream back does anyone know were it went?

I agree with like 95% of what your wrote here.

I think you misunderstand what progressivism is, though. Here is a great thread on that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Spanking is bad for children. Not because it's not PC, but because it does more damage than good.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I think I made it pretty clear were I stand it is were you stand that I am concerned about.

And I know plenty about the progressives did you know that Hitler was one. That's right he looked into the early American progressive movement for tips on how to lead his people.

Progressive do not have a political party the latch on like leaches to who will ever listen to them. They are about on thing and that is control.

So if you like control and hate freedom become a progressive it is that simple and no matter how you try and cloud the issue it will remain that unless they the progressives get complete power and re-write history.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join