It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if Satan repented?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What would seriously happen if satan repented to God and asked for forgiveness? Would God forgive him and be welcomed into heaven? What would happen to the others who had died and went to hell? Would humanity on earth be effected?

Im curious on what some of thme most religious spectators have to say...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
That will never happen.

To know first hand the power of God, and reject him is unforgivable.

Forgiveness is reserved for man. Satan is a fallen angel. The same rules do not apply.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Satan works for God. Satan can't do anything without Gods permission.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Good question. I've wondered this myself. I would like to think that if the evil one genuinely repented and turned to love and light, God the creator would forgive. How could he not? Forgiveness is forgiveness. Getting the evil one to do this would be the problem, but anything is possible we can imagine, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm not religious but I'll give it a shot - it wouldn't happen. According to the Bible the future's already written and that version of the future doesn't involve a twist ending in which Satan repents.

But I think it would be an interesting twist in the story, maybe Satan repents get's right with God but its all a ruse to stab God in the back, then Satan wins ... good strategy. The question is what would happen to all that evil? You see one of my main problems with the Bible is it does nothing to explain where evil comes from, its just says something about sin being found in Lucifer and all of a sudden he turns evil in an otherwise righteous Universe (doesn't make much sense). So maybe after he repents the evil breaks off and looks for a new host like the symbiote from Spider-Man.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Let us not forget the "Book of Job".

God may have sentenced Satan to an eternity of damnation, but that doesn't mean they can't gamble!

...and also inflict needless death and anguish on us mortals in order to see who is a better judge of character.

Seems something is amiss here; double, even triple standards at play with these two...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Satan/Kal/The Devil is the coalescence of primal karma. It is a spirit that no longer has a link back to the purely spiritual regions. Unlike the rest of us, Kal has no sustainable life source. He lives off of the spiritual vitality of all the life in the material regions. He is the #1 energy vampire. He is not in a hole in the ground but high up in the material creation. He spends his day looking at the purely spiritual worlds never to return to them. A great "Spiritual Power" in a sense, but only as the manifestation of karma. His influence over the creations of matter is via the mind. He provides a great service to all spirits by working their karma and is owed a great debt payable in secondary karma we create will existing here for long ages. The point being that Kal has nothing to repent. All he knows is karmic impurities. That is his whole nature and function. He was caste out when the creates of matter came into existence and will cease to exist when the great dissolution (Maha Pralaya) takes place some 300,000 years from now.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What if god repented to satan?

Eh, their probably both too stubborn!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What would happen if Satan repented?

Not a god damn thing (pun intended)...or at the very least, tell him to take a hike.

War is profitable, and with the cost of souls these days...

And anyways, if Beelzebub is out of the scene, what are you gonna use to scare the masses into servitude..?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
What would seriously happen if satan repented to God and asked for forgiveness?

He'd be elected Pope?

Apologies. Just a timely yet incredibly insensitive attempt at humour.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What makes you think Satan is against God? If you looking at the bible for inspiration then I am afraid you out of luck. As far as I am aware all instances of satan being mentioned in the bible God had given him permission to do as he wished with certain limitations. Surely a being of such evil needs no permission from God to do what he wants. Also in order for Satan to speak to God to have his permission does God goto hell or does Satan go into heaven??.

Whats more plausible is that Satan isnt evil and that evil only resides in man himself. In Judaism satan does not make evil, rather points out to God the evil inclinations and actions of humankind. In essence satan has no power unless humans do evil things.

Also I have mentioned this in another post that the name Satan actally comes from Sanskrit. "Satnam" and "Sa Ta Na Ma" are sacred mantras used in kundalini (serpent) meditation. The five primal sounds in Ancient Sanskrit, one of the oldest known languages are "SA-TA-NA-MA." "Sa" means infinity; Ta means life; Na means death; and Ma means rebirth. All variations of the name "SATAN" mean TRUTH in Sanskrit, which is one of the world's oldest and most ancient of languages.

So in other words Satan has nothing to repent but mankind does.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'd lose all respect for satan if he ever did that.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'd be pretty disappointed. Someone has to stand up to that ahole.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

1st: Regardless of what Satan, or the Devil, or Lucifer, or that Dragon, or whatever one would wish to call him does, he is now DESTINE to the Hell at the Great Judgement following the Millenium. He alone, so far, has a ticket booked, which is non refundable, or exchangable.

2nd: With that said, the question you may have now, is if Hell only occurs during the Great Judgement following the Millenium Kingdom, then why do we think people are going to Hell for living outside of GOD's Instructions now?

The Simple answer is you believe a Lie.

There is a Place "AWAY" from GOD, which I believe Christ, after his crucifixtion went to and ministered to the likes of David, and Adam, and Noah, andso on. None can get to heaven without first accepting Christ. Why would it be any different for Adam. Just because he's the First Farmer?

Is this Hell, some say so, but in reality, you can "See Heaven" but not enter. And Tormenting is also a mistake. You will enter the Firey Pit and Burn instantly, and begone forever and ever. Once you turn to Ash, what else is there?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
here is a thought to ponder....

what if both god and satan both repented to mankind?
would we forgive and forget all the attrocities both these 2 entities committed on our species ?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
Satan works for God. Satan can't do anything without Gods permission.

Wow....I cant believe you know this...you must be Jewish and yes you are correct.
haSatan is like a prosecuting attorney and is not some kind of foe of G-d almost equal to G-ds power.

He can do only what G-d allows.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
from science to ancient mythology, the universe resounds with the most simple universal trait:

POLARITY.

it is probably the most basic unit of truth. and it would not exist without "satan".
_________

if you absolutely must believe in satan as a literal being, you can console yourself with the knowledge that he is merely fulfilling the task appointed to him by creation.

your suggestion of forgiveness, although quite a novel concept, would likely cause the universe to never have existed.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
here is a thought to ponder....

what if both god and satan both repented to mankind?
would we forgive and forget all the attrocities both these 2 entities committed on our species ?

Star for you,
as you are close.

If you were the good guy
and you were to write a book
of instructions on how the bad guy
could make right and turn-it-around,
wouldn't you write that book in the language
of the bad guy. Now what language is the bible
written in. Is it written in bird. Is it written in serpent.
Is it written in dolphin. Is it written in mountain. Nope, it's
written in human. So it's intended for us. Ergo we are satan.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Starred and flagged for what in my opinion is an epic thread.

aboxoftrix is precisely correct as Satan is merely a derivative of God entirely necessary to resolve "Murphy's law" that is inherent in man, the flaw that arrived with independent consciousness, the only weak point in God's masterful work.

Hell is not a place but rather a condition, the irrevocable destruction of the true seat of consciousness, immortal electromagnetic essence that we call the soul.

Satan exists because of compromise. How else does man grow but through pain? The problem is our weakness.

If Satan were to repent then God would create something else equally wicked to take his place. The default program of man would continue to be might is right in abandonment of his better nature.

The beast would continue to be worshiped.

God is much more hardcore than Satan when he needs to be. No frills as a being because we are what can echo his greatness. No words can describe the immense technological prowess of creation.

Things must run their course.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ancientfuturist]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
um, yeah.. what's Satan done that God doesn't do?

everything in the bible Satan does.. GOD COMMANDED him to do.

if you go through this life only viewing Satan as some character in a book.. as some entity separate from yourself.. then i have deep pity for you.. that.. after all this time.. you STILL ... don't get it.

satan is our animalistic tendencies personified metaphorically in a book of allegories.

'satan' the human animal body.. doesn't 'repent'....
never will.. it is built to do what it does.. which is to be our MIND'S adversary... our 'challenge'...

once we conquer it.. we will ascend.

-
-

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join