It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Although I have not 'awakened' I am moving that way.
When I starter reading the thread I was reminded of the
saying that "when the student is ready, the master will
appear". I hope that the rest of that concept (that the teacher
is already there, just not "seen" by the student) is true.
Thanks for the masterful presentation.

S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puresilence
reply to post by Boypony

Spoken like one who has SEEN! Those were great pointers. I had a small awakening once, not a road to Damascus experience but more like a mini-taste. It happened while I was taking a crap.

I would like to hear more about that
Could you develop please ?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by westparker
When I starter reading the thread I was reminded of the
saying that "when the student is ready, the master will
appear".

It worked for me
Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JustStop

You think you have free will to make a choice, left or right. You say your higher self has not walked the path. Think about it this way, no matter what choice you make it was already written as so. Let's say that you make a crazy choice that you feel that you would not normally do, something completely out of the norm for you. How can you say that decision was not already scripted in and you were already "programmed" to make that choice? There is no way to argue that we have free will for any choice you make, no matter how crazy or out of the ordinary it may be, can have already been pre-determined. Another way to think about it is this: Every possible choice and outcome has already been created. If you think you have free-will, then whatever choice you make through "free-will," already has the outcome mapped out. How can you say otherwise?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sometimes the awakening process can be facilitated by extreme emotional pressure or crisis. That is what happened in my case, anyway. I don't profess to have any special insight. I am somewhat confused by the whole process and what was created through it. I dictated three rather odd books during the process, I still don't know what to make of them.

It is possible that I did suffer a "break down" of sorts, though I am a mental health professional and my symptoms did not corespond to a known mental illness as defined in the DSM V (TR). I was able to function in all other aspects of my life and was able to identify, and rectify, certain issues and individuals in my life that were not conducive to my emotional health. I, consequently, distanced myself from them. My life changed for the better after years of intolerable relationships and circumstances and I became truly empowered for the first time.

I'm including the link for the books. You can preview the PDF files on Lulu. I'm not actively selling them, though they are being purchased at a regular pace. I still don't know what to make of them. I'm almost afraid to have anyone I know or work with actually see them, as it may cause me to lose some credibility in the mental health field. The first book, The Saul Narratives, is not well edited or designed and is offered free as a preview. I was pretty new to the whole publishing scene. The Advent of Savior Self is a bit better. The message isn't unique, but the approach is a bit different than I have encountered.

stores.lulu.com...

I felt driven to dictate them. I couldn't rest until they were completed.
My life has improved and I am truly happy now.
I have better boundaries and less existential angst.

It may be noteworthy that there was a marked increase in channeled occult literature just prior to the rise of the Nazi Empire in Germany. I'm just sayin...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

Just thought I would share this with you. About free will and such. Its a beautiful lesson. NAMASTE

The Path With A Heart

Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions. To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a path, and there is not affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition.

I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question. This question is one that only a very old person asks. My benefactor told me about it once when I was young, and my blood was too vigorous for me to understand it. Now I do understand it.

I will tell you what it is: Does this path have a heart?

All paths are the same, they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long, long paths, but I am not anywhere. My benefactor's question has meaning now. "Does this path have a heart?" One makes you strong; the other weakens you.

The trouble is nobody asks the question: and when a person finally realizes that they have taken a path without heart, the path is ready to kill them. At that point very few people stop to deliberate and leave the path.

A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it.

For my part there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length.

And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly.

- Don Juan
Apprentice to a Yaqui Sorcerer

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

On the spiritual plain we have already met and you have already accepted my praise and love to you. There is always one spirit that awakens from the awakening of another. Thank you for sharing your message.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just wanted to share the way of WISDOM

1. The more we learn and the more knowledge we gain the more sure we become that we know nothing. - Way of Wisdom.

2. The diff between knowledge and wisdom, Wisdom is doing.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just want to say that it is quite refreshing to see a POSITIVE thread for once. Sure, there have been a few hiccups here and there and minor attempts at derailment, but, for the most part...this is a good one.

Much love to all...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
some lucky ones awaken spontaneously

Many who experience this would not call themselves lucky.
Rather, like myself, they might liken it to being air-dropped into a warzone.
There are psyche wards full of "lucky" people.
I made it through and am stronger for it, but some become crippled.

That being said, this website has made a wonderful bridge between spiritual and scientific knowledge.

biologyofkundalini.com...

Thank you for making this thread.
For those in the midst of awakening,
You are not alone...but it is your personal journey
Look to your higher self
It is there, cheering and crying for you

V

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
I just want to say that it is quite refreshing to see a POSITIVE thread for once. Sure, there have been a few hiccups here and there and minor attempts at derailment, but, for the most part...this is a good one.

Much love to all...

Heck yeah! Love'n you family!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puresilence

You think you have free will to make a choice, left or right. You say your higher self has not walked the path. Think about it this way, no matter what choice you make it was already written as so. Let's say that you make a crazy choice that you feel that you would not normally do, something completely out of the norm for you. How can you say that decision was not already scripted in and you were already "programmed" to make that choice? There is no way to argue that we have free will for any choice you make, no matter how crazy or out of the ordinary it may be, can have already been pre-determined. Another way to think about it is this: Every possible choice and outcome has already been created. If you think you have free-will, then whatever choice you make through "free-will," already has the outcome mapped out. How can you say otherwise?

I see where you're coming from, but look at it this way if you will.

If destiny is written, then it is predetermined. If you live a predetermined life, you are being told you have a choice, but what choice do you have if you can't change what has been written.

If you're trying to say that the choices I will make with my free will are already mapped out, how much free will am I really exercising in making those choices? Would they happen if I just decided to sit in a room and die, or is that already mapped out as well?

I will not say predetermination is impossible because making such a claim makes me a target for a cycle of unprovable what-ifs, but I'm not buying into it. Islam couldn't get me after 18 years, neither will predestination hehe.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
To: JustStop

You talked plainly, and that's how any response to you should be - simply with clarity without any technical jargon.

You seem pre-occupied with the material wealth in this world and understandably so. Who can live on air, more so a child of our creator with a destiny to fulfill? You are but a person who has to provide for yourself as well as your family.

It is only when you can do all these, then can you think about others. For if you failed yourself, then there is no need even to think you can acomplish anything else in life, nor for anyone to follow you as it will be a case of blind leading the blind.

But for Him to assist you, which He will if you but only call on to Him in prayer, assistance will come, in many forms then you will initially realize.

For the spiritually evolved, regardless if he is the CEO or the dishwasher, he/she will received a comprehension beyond the material of this world and understand there is more to life and living.

He/she will realize that we are not animals, but civilised beings living within a society with a common goal - to achieve prosperity, equality and happiness where none gets left behind if we but follow His teachings, for through him are we given the gift of life..

Each is a human, a child of our Creator, first before other man-made issues differentiates him/her from another. We all have social responsibilities to perform, the CEO, his management duties, the dishwasher, his cleaning duties, non-fixed stations but an equal to all based upon one's role in contributing to a thriving society. Such are the teachings from awakened teachers sent to us in our past.

The auto-pilot mode you speak of, or if anyone thinks such, is non-existant to the truly spiritually alive, because auto mode means you would have lost your free will, and that is NEVER the intention of our Creator. He is far more wiser than you or me, for it is love that compells one to achieve greater heights than force.

He knows that when you try to do things your way in this world still filled with rapacious men, you will only be left begging. And only when you realize that, discerning for yourself from the mockeries, the blasphemies, the lies, etc from those who seeks to rob you of your free will, will you on your own free will return to his teachings - the One where all in the Universe comes from.

I understand that you are a former believer. Makes no difference as you will in time, like many, will eventually return when you realized the loneliness and futility of YOUR way, as each and everyone will be touched in time, in more ways than one in this present technologically advanced era. I wish you all the best in your career and more important - life.

Good Luck.

Footprints in the sand

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

with the specific type of language used in your post I can see you have yet to transcend the ego. Not the Nihilistic destruction of it but rather the re-emergence of complete understanding that we develope it to reach the highest strata of the most powerful force known. We lean toward labeling it as Love bug no human words can describe that bliss. Joy and Love come close. But do not harbor any secret hate. I sense pain and anger in your typed words. When asked how you could be blissful with such misery and suffering starvation and war happening around the world, I believe it was Dalia Llama that said that "Nothing Goes Wrong in my Universe. Everything is as it should be". Hunger starvation suffering are nescasary in this world. For if joy was everlasting and nothing went wrong no one would ever try and look beyound this world for an escape of it. They would not look for their higherself. The only spirit and the only other place an astral body should be other than it's own body.

" These electrons that comprise what you could call the Astral body, which forms one ninth of the essential human being and consists of one ninth of a Higher self, which is sometimes called "Overself". The Higher Self of man is, in other words, an entity which sends one ninth of itself into a human body, becoming the persons Astral being. Other physical bodies are inhabited, similarly, by other ninths of the same Higher Self and yet each part remains integral to the central entity. The central entity, means that each of you shares a Higher Self with 8 other people on Earth.

Further, the Higher Self is a ninth part of a superior Higher Self which, in turn, is a ninth part of a more superior Higher Self. The process continues as far back as the source, and allows the enormous filtration of spiritual experience required by The Great Spirit.

You must not think that the Higher Self of the first category is insignificant in comparison with the others. It functions at a lower level, but is nevertheless extremely powerful and important. It is capable of curing illness and even resuscitating the dead.What is known on Earth as Spiritual Healing, can be achieved with the help of the Higher Self of the healer, without the patient even being present. However, providing the patient gives permission, the competent healer can assist the patient from anywhere in the world. This is not an exchange of energy but exchange of information at the level of Higher Selves.

There are many instances of people, declared clinically dead, who are brought back to life in the hands of doctors who had abandoned all hope for them. What generally happens in these cases, is that the persons Astral body meets with the Higher Self. This portion of the Higher Self has left the physical body during the period of death. It perceives its physical body below, and the doctors trying to resuscitate it; it can also perceive loved ones who mourn for it. In his present state, the Astral body, the person will feel perfectly well - even blissful. Usually he abandons his physical body, frequently the source of much suffering, to find himself catapulted down a psychic canal, at the end of which is a wondrous light and beyond, a state of bliss.

If before passing through this canal into the blissful light which is his Higher Self he has the least will not to die - not on his own account but for the sake of those who need him, young children for example, he will ask to return. In certain cases it will be permitted.

You are in constant communication with your Higher Self by means of your cerebral canal. Acting as a transmitting and receiving post, it conducts special vibrations directly between your Astral body and your Higher Self. Have you ever questioned why, that of the billions of individuals on a planet like yours, there are no two fingerprints the same, not even any set of 'twins': and why, what we call the crystalline of the blood, is just as unique among individuals as the fingerprint?

"Someone, for example, who is to catch a plane, finds that the taxi breaks down on the way to the airport; a second taxi called also breaks down - just like that...just like that? Could you really believe in such a coincidence? The plane in question crashes thirty minutes later, leaving no survivors. Another person, an old and rheumatic woman and barely able to walk, starts to cross a street. There is a loud horn blast and a screeching of tyres, but this person is miraculously able to leap to safety."

How is this explained? It was not yet her time to die and so her Higher Self intervened. In one hundredth of a second the Higher Self triggered a reaction in her adrenaline glands which, for a few seconds, provided enough strength to her muscles to enable her to execute the leap which saved her life. Adrenaline released into the blood can make it possible to flee from imminent danger, or to defeat the unbeatable through anger or fear. In too strong a dose, however, adrenaline becomes a lethal poison.

It isnt only the cerebral canal which is able to conduct messages between the Higher Self and the Astral body. Another channel exists sometimes in dreams - or, I should even say, in sleep. At certain times during sleep, your Higher Self is able to call your Astral body to itself and, either communicate instructions or ideas, or to regenerate it in some way, replenishing its spiritual strength or enlightening it in regard to solutions to important problems. For this reason, it is essential your sleep is undisturbed by intrusive noise or by nightmares resulting from harmful impressions received during the day. Perhaps you will better understand the importance of your old French saying: Night brings counsel.

The physical body in which you exist at the moment is already very complex, but still, it is nothing compared with the complexity of the process of evolvement which occurs with Astral bodies and Higher-selves. In order to allow ordinary people on your planet to understand as easily as possible.

Your Astral body, which inhabits every normal human being, transfers to its Higher Self all the sensations that are experienced during a lifetime in a physical body. These sensations pass through the immense filter of nine Higher-selves before arriving in the ethereal ocean that surrounds The Great Spirit." The Thaori from Thiaoouba Prophecy by Michel Desmarquet

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I like your post.

There are deeper "dimensions" to life. I don't mean that in an astral sense. I'm a believer in the soul, in deep compassion and understanding. And at the same time, I have to be a realist.

I take to heart something I've heard long ago, "Believe nothing that your hear, and half of what you see". I believe in emotional harmony but it's not something easy to achieve. It's a state you can't even chase, it's a balancing act with a monkey on one side and an elephant on the other sometimes but that feeling of peace and tranquility is beautiful.

I've been on ATS for a while. I've taken a lot of information in, looking in other places to find it as well. I've had that big picture, with all the connecting lines attached to photos in mind and suddenly everything made sense. Everything felt right, felt understood. I've almost gone crazy before connecting so many of these things, making them all make sense to me... but in the end, yeah, I'm still stuck in the real world.

I'm still in the situation I was born into, and it may not be the best one, but you either make it, you don't, or you're constantly stuck in the middle trying to live a life you hate waking up to every morning. I say screw it, screw it all. Even if I evolve spiritually, that's great for me (or anyone else who believes to be experiencing it), but what is it really going to do for me? Okay, I feel good about myself. That's great. Have I really done anything? I don't know, have I? If I tell my wife I've gone through into the next plane of existence while I'm standing here talking to her, she'll be like "George (insert name here, i thought George was funny) stop picking those weird mushrooms."

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Nobody can ever be spiritually awakened until they have faced their worst fear.
Well, I can tell you that is coming but not here yet. And when it does, you'll know where you stand.
The best of luck!

mclinking

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Boypony, my questionning on spiritual awakening is far from being about "how it's like" or "how to get to it", but rather about what does it leads to, concretely. Does it make you a better man, really? Is it gonna make you stop using your car or truck for no reason, eating junk food and bullsh-tting your neighbors because they are different?

Or on the contrary, is it gonna make you love young boys in ...hum... questionable ways?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitres DeLaver
some lucky ones awaken spontaneously

Many who experience this would not call themselves lucky.
Rather, like myself, they might liken it to being air-dropped into a warzone.
There are psyche wards full of "lucky" people.
I made it through and am stronger for it, but some become crippled.

That being said, this website has made a wonderful bridge between spiritual and scientific knowledge.

biologyofkundalini.com...

Thank you for making this thread.
For those in the midst of awakening,
You are not alone...but it is your personal journey
Look to your higher self
It is there, cheering and crying for you

V

Yep, you certainly speak the truth on that one. Soul work is the hardest work to do. Many people avoid it purposefully because it is easier to put your hands and prayers in the hands of a priest or a pastor, than do the intense work for yourself. Many of those who do the work for themselves often go insane, commit suicide, or worse...get persecuted.

The unfortunate thing is this...once you put your soul in the hands of someone else...you've already failed.

Its not for the lighthearted, nor is it easy. But, its the most rewarding thing that you can ever do for yourself.

Much love to all...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Hey there buddy, one question because that's a lot of information to take it. You're an intelligent one.

Would you know ANY of this through meditation or ascension or whatever, without having read the books, articles, websites, etc. that first put the information out there. I'm just saying that because if you seriously came up with all of that, and can somehow show me that any part of it may be true, I will be all ears. Even if you got it from some hypnosis therapy, please let me know.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Thanks for the compliment.

I understand how you feel. There is so much life to live at your stage in life, so much to look forward to, as well as the 5 senses we all depend upon which is call reality.

Spirituality actually doesn't take much, and is only something natural that comes from the heart, and not the form. and can be applied in real life within civilised societies that we live in.

I don't hold all the answers, but I would suggest fellowship with others, not necessary only of the religious kind, to talk and share, so that better understandings can be achieved on how one can bring that spirituality that is in you and apply it to the real world.

Cheers!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join