It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Awakening- a taste of what it's like

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JustStop

I think a better way to see this is through some concepts from quantum mechanics. I'm not saying that the future is somehow already mapped out because that would imply that there is such a thing as future as a solid existence, when in fact future is illusion and only exists in thought. Quantum mechanics has shown that at the very moment there is a choice to be made, all possible outcomes are realized. You "live" one of these outcomes based on your conscious viewpoint. So you could say that you have free will to "live" whichever outcome you choose but how can there be free will when every possible choice is already made at once.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've never experienced anything like this, I just hope i do soon, it feels like im missing out on something here

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I just think it's delusional to believe that a society can and will spiritually ascend to a point where there is no violence and hunger. As long as there is one, there will be the other, for if we all had the necessities, no strife.

That's the thing, I don't mean to come off as a complete pessimist but to be realistic, it's not going to happen. I can't say I feel bad, or some pity for people who put their eggs in the 2012 evolution basket, but I think it's complete nonsense. People are asking for a change that they may get to enjoy in the after-life, but they won't see it in this one because it'll mean a lot of death, probably your own (in which case, there we go - instant ascension), because in order for society to be rebuilt on pillars of peace, freedom, and love, there's going to be a lot of population purging needed.

Can you imagine afterwards? People in the streets, or what's left of them. Roaming around for food, for water, for shelter. Once again we'll fall into the same loop because the masses are going to need a leader to guide them, to give them hope and some security.

There's no way out of the system guys, there's not enough free-minded people wanting the same thing as you. People, just want their necessities. Those who take control of the necessities end up ruling the people. That's kind of how it works.

I'm just saying, people need to stop reading articles and regurgitating information. If there was one ascended man on the forum, he'd answer questions before I'd have to ask them.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitres DeLaver

True dat.

Crowley describes the threshold as "The watcher at the edge of the abyss". It is the final stage in ego disintegration and, unfortunately, many don't make it back. Those that do have a very different world view.

It nearly killed me, I think. It is not a road I would choose again. It ends marriages, careers, etc. and can tear you away from the fabric of your belief system. Sometimes it creates so much cognitive dissonance that a rift in the mind can appear. Madness. Insanity. Even if one manages to make it back intact, it is often very difficult, if not impossible, to view the workings of the mundane world with any degree of credibility. It all looks fabricated and non linear. Subjective. Arbitrary.

Sometimes copulation with the divine leaves one thinking they are God, Buddha, Jesus for a season until insight into the process descends and time allows a measure of introspection and deprogramming. That's a total mind freak. Seriously.

Engaging in the mundane becomes a laborious process, but must be maintained because, well, we all gotta eat, live indoors and wear clothing. It takes away the fear, but it also takes away faith and mystery. All becomes relevant. Truth becomes subjective. Death looms, not as a dark horror, but as a calm, quiet repose.

I am unable to really believe causes, political ideologies, religous dogma etc. because they begin to blend together and become words and colors rather than cohesive structures. They sound like the adults on a Peanuts video. I can't quite make out the message for the vibrations they broadcast. Mostly incongruent.

What happens when you see the face of God? What happens when you hear God's voice? You set up shop on the outskirts of society and dish out advice to seekers among the citizenry and members of the fringe elements. You leave the mainstream. You place yourself in danger of ridicule and excommunication. You become truly alone.

Distraction helps. Music is cool. Loving someone is groovy as well. The small stuff just doesn't hold the power it used to.

I fear, sometimes, that the experience will find me again, that it will disintegrate me from my present reality. I love my life and I want to stay in it. I don't want to hear the voice of god or see anything remotely angelic. They can bother someone else with better connections and more concise writing skills. I'm done with it. I hope.

It kinda f#$%s you up. It kind frees you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What's the difference between spiritual awakening and mental awareness?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was reading the first page and I came through a word that I am having problem understanding and that is '___'.
How can '___' explain that people only see "dead people" not alive people like when you dream, like your friend and family, are you telling me (skeptics) that '___' goes into your brain and looks for people that already die and then you imagine that person, how does the body know that is dead.
The last question to skeptics, why this chemical has not been reproduce and giving to people and see if the effect can be reproduce.

sorry wrong thread,

[edit on 20-4-2010 by newkid]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Mental awareness is akin to taking a tepid shower on your own time, having adjusted the water to the precise temperature of your liking.

Spiritual awakening is more like being ripped from a warm bed in the dead of winter, having your clothing ripped off, being thrown into a freezing, raging river and having to stand, naked and shivering, in front of all your peers and associates and explain that it was all done by pink elephants and little green men.

The first is much nicer.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

The question is irrelevant because once you realize what you truly are you no longer have a need to be a "better man." You realize that there was no person there in the first place.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I know what you mean. Reality is far from the idealistic perceptions held by everyone. Worse if one believes that at the rate the world is going, we will eventually do ourselves in.

When the financial crisis struck, like everyone else, I presumed doom is at hand, because of the staggering debts owed by many as well as the high employment rates. The pillars of security were metaphorically collapsing around us.

But after one year into it, did we all die? No. We humans held on. We tightened our belts. We worked at whatever jobs that came along. We share what we had. We create a large voice and demanded our leaders do the right thing and initiated policies that would pull us out of the doom. The most critical thing is, we survived.

And so too will we survive whatever that is thrown upon us, by man or by nature. Such beliefs do not just happened by magic or dropped from the sky. Such courage was taught to us by our experienced ancestors who lived through worse. They too were taught by a higher being.

It may seem impossible, but as long as you and I do not give up, a day will come when our idealism will triumph over the harsh realities we see today, as it had been for our forefathers.

If we do not see it in our lifetime, it will be for the next generations. We are humans, not animals, and must live and behave as one. It will be our gift to them, as we had been gifted with life from our Creator, to make full use of it, not only for ourselves, but for others as well...

It begins with you and me today, by example, and not by force.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by newkid
I was reading the first page and I came through a word that I am having problem understanding and that is '___'.
How can '___' explain that people only see "dead people" not alive people like when you dream, like your friend and family, are you telling me (skeptics) that '___' goes into your brain and looks for people that already die and then you imagine that person, how does the body know that is dead.
The last question to skeptics, why this chemical has not been reproduce and giving to people and see if the effect can be reproduce.

I have done '___' saw living and dead, saw the universe and then saw the cosmos, came back to here and now in complete love and peace, showed me that there is a world beyond, within and without.

Just like all drugs I think its illegal because it breaks the programing. It lets people crack open the "box" and realize new ways of thinking.

'___' is the spirit molecules.

thespiritmolecule.com...'___'.html

After conception the Buddhists believe that at 90days the spirit enters the body.
At 90 days the pineal gland is formed.
At 90 days sex is determined.

AMAZING stuff. en.wikipedia.org...

Check out Fluoride & the Pineal Gland
www.fluoridealert.org...

Now we know why the powers that be want us to stay asleep. They are keeping our third eye closed so we are blind to their actions.

Hope it helps

Namaste

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I just want to start off with a S&F for you on this thread OP, it is refreshing to see philosophy has not perished in humanity.

It has always been somewhat amusing to me when humans are given even a glance at what lies beyond the 3-D. The TRUTH, as so many of you refer to, is beyond your grasp at the moment. You individually are NOT a God by any means, but the one TRUE God has given you freedom, choice, and the ability to MANIFEST anything you wish. In actuality we are all PART of God, we are his children. I want to distinguish that this does NOT make anyone here a God; a prince does not call himself King for he is not the King.

"Enlightenment" as you put it, is simply the creation of a new vector for humans to contemplate, experience and discover. While this is a TRUTH of existence, it is not THE TRUTH. Again, humans do not retain the capacity to comprehend that truth, that is why it has been made so simple for you. God loves us all, without prejudice, and wants us all to know that. As an earlier poster put it, Jesus said "Heaven and God lie within us," this is true, the doorway, or portal, to the high father exists in each human and the son bridges the way. I won't go into religion any further as that is not what the discussion is about, thought there exists a connection.

Point is there are two major types of energy; ordered energy and chaotic energy. Humans can tap into both at any point, but most are completely unaware of the consequences of doing so. The more chaotic energy you harness in your soul, the more likely you will have a wealthy and privileged life with few problems. If your soul harnesses ordered energy, likely you will have a lot of "bad luck" and will lead a more difficult life. That doesn't make sense, right? Well from an everyday perspective you are right, but let me elaborate.

The universe, existence itself, is self-balancing. That is, to balance the energy out the universe MUST have a roughly equal amount of ordered energy and chaotic energy, with some minor fluctuations through time-space. If your true self, or soul, is chaotic internally, then your external self must balance this energy with ordered energy, such as fewer problems, successful endevours, static risk and all around "good luck" as you can almost predict what will come next; such is the way of order itself. The same is true for those who internalize ordered energy; their external life is chaotic, rife with ever changing circumstances and "bad luck." However, both energies stem from the source (God) and when you fully attain your original self in your soul, the energies you harnessed define you. This is what creates our material belief in "good" and "evil" and the afterlife. Those full of chaotic energy are likely to enter the chaotic relm; you call this Hell. In the same respect, those that harnessed ordered energy will enter the ordered relm; you call this Heaven. So you see, there does exist some truth to good and evil, Heaven and Hell, God and the Devil.

Please, I write this so that all of you attempting to "enlighten" yourselves are aware of what you are doing and do not gain false pretenses and truths. You are NOT God.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

Mental awareness is akin to taking a tepid shower on your own time, having adjusted the water to the precise temperature of your liking.

Spiritual awakening is more like being ripped from a warm bed in the dead of winter, having your clothing ripped off, being thrown into a freezing, raging river and having to stand, naked and shivering, in front of all your peers and associates and explain that it was all done by pink elephants and little green men.

The first is much nicer.

LOL or it can be like knowing love for the first time, knowing yourself for the first time, knowing life for the first time and knowing NOTHING for the first time
It will shake you to your core, it can break you, but most of all it will free you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

Nice post brother. IT happened to my spontaneously July 6, 2008. July 4, 2008 I went to Yakima to my grandmother's death bed. When I arrived at the nursing home it was the first time in my life I had the overwhelming feeling that I was exactly where I was supposed to be - I understand it to be the proverbial Now. I got it in my head that I would see grabs out. This meant I went two plus days with maybe an hour of sleep. July 6, 2008 at 3AM I was at my grandmother's side, my head rocking forward with my eyes open, the place between conscious and unconscious when it happened. Universal Knowledge, Infinite Awareness, Revelation, Buddha under the bodhi tree, the Mind of God, I AM, touched me for only a moment. All that IS came into perfect clarity. One moment an agnostic leaning towards atheist, husband, young father, professional, houses, cars, completely caught up in the game to instant Light Being. It was profound and dramatic shift. The Tao says, “The Tao that is spoken is not the True Tao.” So I am unable to describe my experience in words, for words are utterly lacking.

This is something I sent to friends and family Sept 2008 after traveling to Hopi Nation:

We are all changing. We, our system, everything we know is going to change. The money we have chosen to enshrine as the center of our civilization's value system is failing and will end. Our culture relies upon a set of unconscious agreements that constitutes meaning. This too is failing. Nietzsche professed that there will be a "seeker after knowledge," the "opposite-man," which is in direct opposition to everything known. The instance of Truth, my enlightenment, is "a violation, a desire to hurt the basic will of the spirit which unceasingly strives for the apparent and superficial." Carl Jung wrote that "We are living in what the Greeks called kairos - the right moment - for a "metamorphis of the god," of fundamental principles and symbols. This peculiarity of our time, which is certainly not of our conscious choosing, is the expression of the unconscious man within us who is changing." In other words we have no choice but to evolve. Think of how absurd it would have been for the pre-bird to fight taking flight. Can you honestly imagine having wings and making the decision not to fly? We can fight our shift and make it very uncomfortable but the change will happen anyway; with or without our moral or conscious approval. Do not be afraid. There is no more reason to fear our evolution than there is to fear the rising sun. It will be blessed and better. Evolution from a creative, spiritual place is always better than before.
Namaste,

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I can certainly understand your motivation to take care of your family.

As for myself I do work two jobs, and my wife works also. We have two small children and exist paycheck-to-paycheck.

For many years my career was focused on making as much money as I could, but the best-paying job I ever had was the worst job I ever had.

I started to realize about a year ago that what you "do" for a living is not who you "are". It's helped with my preoccupation that I am only what I do for a job, or how much money I make, etc.

But, like you say, free will means that each person chooses their own path. The paths aren't right or wrong, they are just paths.

I have been fortunate in my short 38 years to have seen and experienced everything that I have.

I once took a trip for work that allowed me to travel completely around the world.

As a paramedic for the last 18 years I have seen the beginning of life and the ending of life. I have seen humanity at its darkest and most cruel. I am sure in Bosnia you have seen much more than you would have wanted as well.

All those things still left me unsure of almost everything.

There is only one thing that I am absolutely sure of in this life. Death is not an end, it is only a change.

My views may change with the wind, but for now I feel that I am content with knowing that I can't run away from suffering; that changing financial situations or changing locations may alleviate problems for a short while but true relief can be found no matter where you are or how much change is in your pocket.

Thank you very much for sharing your story. It made me look at things from a different angle!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaKrok

The first is much nicer.

Got a good laugh out of that one! How true it is! Explaining your self to those around you during that spell can get you tossed into an asylum somewhere.

Good thing my people just wrote me off as nutz and smiled.

Now is a different story though. Those looking at me cross-eyed during my awakening are now coming to me for some advice on living, or just to say, wow, you really didn't go crazy.. and WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO CALM? They just don't get it yet

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In the words of the late great Bill Hicks

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves."

Some people get offended when someone says they are god, but I believe what the OP is trying to say is that he is god within God. Bill Hicks was thinking of it as "Subjective god within Objective god." I like to think of it as "micro god within macro god."

However you want to see it, I think it's one of the oldest, greatest ideas in history. And the OP is right about Jesus' teachings about the Kingdom of Heaven being within. I like to think what Jesus really meant was, "the kingdom of heaven is within, regardless of what religion you claim or don't claim."

In my opinion, that is why the ESTABLISHMENT crucified him. They were afraid of loosing control of their people..

"If people realize the real truth, that they are god, they will start thinking for themselves and questioning authority...Oh NOOOOO! Shut that crazy hippie up!!"

Let's just put all dogma aside and look at this objectively. When most people say they are god, they usually mean it in a very peaceful, Christ-like way. The idea is, "not only am I god, but you are too." It's a very peaceful, respectful position. It means all men and women are created equal.

It also means, not only are men and women god, but all life. Which opens up a whole other can of worms. It's kinda hard to be peaceful to something you eat. (Save it vegetarians, plants are alive too) Life feeds on life. If you don't think so, stick around for a couple billion years and witness what the sun will do to the earth when it becomes a red giant.

God is peaceful AND violent, as are we. God devours people everyday. It's called death. But what is there to fear? All that is happening is you are rejoining your self.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection
In the words of the late great Bill Hicks

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves."

Some people get offended when someone says they are god, but I believe what the OP is trying to say is that he is god within God. Bill Hicks was thinking of it as "Subjective god within Objective god." I like to think of it as "micro god within macro god."

However you want to see it, I think it's one of the oldest, greatest ideas in history. And the OP is right about Jesus' teachings about the Kingdom of Heaven being within. I like to think what Jesus really meant was, "the kingdom of heaven is within, regardless of what religion you claim or don't claim."

In my opinion, that is why the ESTABLISHMENT crucified him. They were afraid of loosing control of their people..

"If people realize the real truth, that they are god, they will start thinking for themselves and questioning authority...Oh NOOOOO! Shut that crazy hippie up!!"

Let's just put all dogma aside and look at this objectively. When most people say they are god, they usually mean it in a very peaceful, Christ-like way. The idea is, "not only am I god, but you are too." It's a very peaceful, respectful position. It means all men and women are created equal.

It also means, not only are men and women god, but all life. Which opens up a whole other can of worms. It's kinda hard to be peaceful to something you eat. (Save it vegetarians, plants are alive too) Life feeds on life. If you don't think so, stick around for a couple billion years and witness what the sun will do to the earth when it becomes a red giant.

God is peaceful AND violent, as are we. God devours people everyday. It's called death. But what is there to fear? All that is happening is you are rejoining your self.

Please check this out the lyrics are in the remarks

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I just think it's delusional to believe that a society can and will spiritually ascend to a point where there is no violence and hunger. As long as there is one, there will be the other, for if we all had the necessities, no strife.

I think it's exactly because of the increasing speed of information that we may reach this day.

The future is not pre-determined.

We may never see peace in our lifetime, but one thing the majority of humans can agree on (whether atheist, agnostic or theist) is the only way we're going to get out of this mess is to start helping others.

The "catch" with Enlightenment is that someone who wants it for personal gratification can't ever get it.

The only way to become "enlightened" is to destroy your ego, use your free-will to choose the light and relieve the suffering of your fellow man.

Ironically, folks who become enlightened immediately realize the truth that all of this temporal crap (job, money, car, bills, clothes, war, politics) is meaningless and all they want to do from that point onward is to love and care for the human family.

It's been said that you cannot achieve illumination until you learn to bear no hard feelings against another, and that you choose affirmatively to never infringe on the liberty of another and that you serve others selflessly.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Boypony

I love it man! This is why I joined this site. To be inspired by words like that!

You mentioned how quantum physicists are scrambling around to deal with all the chaos that happens the further they dig. Now granted, I am no expert on quantum physics, but I understand that it is all based on the observers consciousness. The wave collapses when someone observes it. However, the problem I have, is how do they define consciousness? Why does it always seem that they are referring to human consciousness and none other? Where does consciousness begin and where does it end?

If a tree in the forest falls and no one hears it, does it happen?

Well, if you believe that all matter is conscious, then the tree falling definitely happened, because everything that happens is observed. Maybe not by humans, but by consciousness.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is great!

I simply call it the "universal mind experience" and have met only a handful of people that have experienced it. I have found that ALL of them that have spoken directly with me are abductees/contactees.....do you fall into this category as well?

It is a shame though, until someone goes through the experience most think us to be delusional....what a wonderful delusion

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join