It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iceland's Hekla volcano just erupt? Webcam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

If you click Cntrl together with PrtSc that copies it to your clip board and in Windows (I know this works in XP version of Windows, at least)you can paste it into a new file in Paint. Paint can save it as Bitmap or JPEG whatever. Works the same in most all imaging programs whether it's Photoshop, Paint.NET or GIMP.

I'd love to see your screenshot.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

umm, no.. it is..

maybe you should find another site..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

OK.prove it.

I think that Icelandic meteorology site should know.

[edit on 19/4/2010 by PuterMan]

link   
The breaking news headline from MSNBC's site confirming Helka's eruption is gone now. It was just there 10 minutes ago.....what is going on?

link   

# To reiterate: Media footage of plume only *indicate* Hekla may have erupted. Icelandic authorities have *not* confirmed that. 3 minutes ago via BreakingNews Headquarters

BNO is backtracking now.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Word around Twitter is that someone had temporarily tuned the Hekla webcam to the Eyja eruption (...oops...millions of people are watching and taking what they see at face value). Latest word is Hekla *is not* erupting. MSNBC pulled banner with no explanation.

Pretty nice view on this webcam (which has not been overloaded yet like the other one) and definitely nothing happening.

www.simnet.is...

Icelandic media apparently also saying nothing.

link   
hope this works, but this is picture I got (screen capture) before the cam went down and moved...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52a32d77f5e0.jpg[/atsimg]

link   
Looks like the camera was moved last night..... the seem to have fixed the camera..... no longer showing eruption. Looks like a false call...??

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think it may have been a mistake as now wikipedia have change the last eruption back to 2000 for Hekla. And i haven't seen anything on the news yet!

The last image i see on the webcam did NOT look like an eruption but thats just my opinion. I cant get on the webcam now

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

They probably wanted to be first so put a banner before confirming it and writing an article.

But geez what's up with the madness people. In an hour you will know if it's an eruption or just clouds passing by.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
[edit on 19-4-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Update 23:11 BreakingNews To reiterate: Media footage of plume only *indicate* Hekla may have erupted. Icelandic authorities have *not* confirmed that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by quakewatcher
Word around Twitter is that someone had temporarily tuned the Hekla webcam to the Eyja eruption (...oops...millions of people are watching and taking what they see at face value). Latest word is Hekla *is not* erupting. MSNBC pulled banner with no explanation.

Pretty nice view on this webcam (which has not been overloaded yet like the other one) and definitely nothing happening.

www.simnet.is...

Icelandic media apparently also saying nothing.

ok maybe it hasnt erupted but the time of those two pics are 10 before it supposebly blew her top .

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Okay, I'm not that good at this, but here is what I got:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dutch website confirmes it: Google translation:

AMSTERDAM - - In the south of Iceland, a volcano erupted again on Monday.
© AP

The Icelandic national television transmit live images of the Hekla volcano, which much smoke to see.

Hekla is Iceland's largest and most famous volcano. The volcano is 1491 meters high and shaped chain. It is the most active volcano on the island. The last eruption was in 2000.

Source: nu.nl

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ThraexX]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

You can bet your bottom dollar I would know unless I was asleep!

I monitor this constantly.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
lol that this got reported on the news, reporters getting twitchy watchin the wrong cam.
(or the right cam facing the wrong way, but it's still lollsome)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

You can bet your bottom dollar I would know unless I was asleep!

I monitor this constantly.

i dont freaking know .. cry wolf folks could be a false alarm . til iceland it self confirms this i say cry wolf

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A little reminder to say that even if she does blow its happened already in Feb 2000...Do you even remember it??

Probably not...so why the fear mongering now?
Well their just whipping us into a frenzy....

Dont you just love alchemy...

www.thenationalpages.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Am looking at a picture stamped 17:22 (3 minutes ago) and it's clear.

Also I did get through to the streaming cam briefly and saw sunny skies and puffy white clouds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join