It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iceland's Hekla volcano just erupt? Webcam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I'm just sitting here chuckling. I'll bet ya whoever changed that camera angle is....um....not feeling so good right now.

Thanks for your input....which is why I always go here first for the info. There seems to be greater knowledge amongst some members here than MSM...THAT is the ONE thing we can all be sure of!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

yep to that. We seem to have some kind of "natural disaster fever" going around. I know I've got it. I've passed it on to a couple of people too. I wonder if there's a vaccination available.....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Het gaat lekker in IJsland. Mogen de vliegtuigen weer een beetje gaan vliegen is het de IJslandse nationale televisie die momenteel livebeelden uitzendt van de Helka vulkaan, waarop veel rook te zien is. De Hekla is IJslands grootste en bekendste vulkaan. Dus mensen die de komende paar weken een mooie vakantie hadden gepland kunnen alvast hun geld retour vragen en een mooie camping uitzoeken in Frankrijk.
www.vkmag.com...

I guess she is erupting.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Icelandic Met Office says no eruption at Hekla volcano

www.thaindian.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by quakewatcher
reply to post by alysha.angel

Am looking at a picture stamped 17:22 (3 minutes ago) and it's clear.

Also I did get through to the streaming cam briefly and saw sunny skies and puffy white clouds.

well right about now for just agreeing that hekla did blow when in fact she didnt i feel like an idiot .

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by broli

Icelandic Met Office says no eruption at Hekla volcano

www.thaindian.com...

Nice find, thx

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

Het gaat lekker in IJsland. Mogen de vliegtuigen weer een beetje gaan vliegen is het de IJslandse nationale televisie die momenteel livebeelden uitzendt van de Helka vulkaan, waarop veel rook te zien is. De Hekla is IJslands grootste en bekendste vulkaan. Dus mensen die de komende paar weken een mooie vakantie hadden gepland kunnen alvast hun geld retour vragen en een mooie camping uitzoeken in Frankrijk.
www.vkmag.com...

I guess she is erupting.

On the Dutch site they say Hekla is not erupting. They are correcting the false news there.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

www.digitaljournal.com...

Second Iceland volcano erupts, described as 'Gateway to Hell' B

Well, be prepared for more flight cancellations in Europe as another volcano in Iceland has erupted. The volcano is called Hekla and is described as 100 times more powerful than the Eyjafjallajokull volcano when it erupted 200 years ago.
Throughout the Middle Ages in Iceland, residents called the Hekla volcano as the “Gateway to Hell.” Hekla is Iceland’s most active volcano as more than 20 eruptions have taken place since 874.
The volcano has produced one of the largest quantities of lava in the world in last 1,000 years.

Here we go.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I was wanting to beat my head against the wall after seeing your constant rebuttals against Helka going off. Now after further investigation I have a lot of respect for you now. You were right it seems and stuck to your guns.

I'm still reading about increased seismic activity there today but it seems you were right all along. Good work.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

No worries. I actually tweeted it after MSNBC put up their banner.

Silly me for thinking they'd check with a credible source. I think I'll wait until someone on Eruptions confirms it from now on, Science Blogs seems to be about the only real close to real time source for reliable science reporting these days. News agencies have thinned out so drastically they just don't have anyone around anymore who knows how to report on these things.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
nice, we don't know sh*t this way. different sources reporting different messages.

Are there any ATS members living in the neighberhood of this mt.?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I'm right there with ya. Although I tried to use the IF and Maybe stance, it was still sure convincing when looking at the live video.

Considering that some major news networks were also 'tricked' though, I don't think we should feel TOO bad. I think we should take this as a good example of a calm approach is always the best way to go. Even if/when Hekla DOES errupt, because she will, it is most certainly NOT the end of the world. It has errupted multiple times in the past. We need to concentrate more on Katla. I won't get excited until that happens (because I don't live anywhere that is currently being affected by the Eyjafjallajokull erruption.

SO...everyone take a deep breath and slowly exhale! Just enjoy the show that mother nature is providing us (unless you live there or in affected areas, I realize there is nothing to enjoy for you!!!), learn something from it and watch/observe.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
indeed, nu.nl is also correcting.

Still no new volcanic eruption in Iceland Published: April 19, 2010 18:39 Last updated: April 19, 2010 19:39 Amsterdam - The Icelandic national authorities deny that there would be a new volcanic eruption on the island. © AP On live national television broadcast images that could been seen that there is smoke from the volcano Hekla. The camera would be a mistake at the volcano has erupted Eyjafjallajökull oriented. The ash plume from the volcano will have days Eyjafjallajökull problems for European air transport.

source: nu.nl

No eruption!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I get the feeling this thread should be on the Conspiracy Forum. I've never seen anything so daft in my life! It is, it isn't, it is, it isn't. Let's remember there's a lot of $ at stake here, especially the airlines who keep sending their guinea pigs on test flights and putting pressure on governments. These days, I don't trust ANYONE, especially 'spokesmen'.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.

Maybe it is just the Eyeballsocketjelloskull, with Hekla's webcam pointed at it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
False-alarm volcano in Iceland
Iceland's national broadcaster, RUV, set Monday a shock for many as there were reports of smoke and possible eruption of Iceland's largest and most angry volcano, Hekla, at 18.30 o'clock Monday evening.

Aftenposten.no was among the media who came in damage to report about the possible outbreak.

It turned out however, that there was something wrong with the webcam to RUV, which is mounted on a mountain about 12 kilometers away from Hekla, and can be followed on ruv.is / Hekla.

Hekla is 1491 meters above sea level and had last erupted in February 2000. The volcano is one of Iceland's largest and is located 150 kilometers from Reykjavik. It is called a volcano with a column several miles long crack across the top.

However, it is nothing to indicate a new eruption of the volcano

and the source

www.aftenposten.no...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel

Originally posted by quakewatcher

Am looking at a picture stamped 17:22 (3 minutes ago) and it's clear.

Also I did get through to the streaming cam briefly and saw sunny skies and puffy white clouds.

well right about now for just agreeing that hekla did blow when in fact she didnt i feel like an idiot .

Yep. I feel like an idiot too. I almost always research further, but I should have known that just because MSNBC bannered it, it didn't mean it happened.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Nice examle hou the media can get us to belive such a message. makes you wonder. What if the authority's confirmed the eruption, without it taking place...simple to fool the whole world.

kind regards,

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What are the implications of Katla erupting as opposed to Hekla?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
MSNBC got this 'news' from Twitter?
That sounds a little wonky. I'm wondering if perhaps they had the graphics and banner worked up just in case it does erupt and somebody got a little excited, the idea of MSNBC getting their news feed from twitter just doesn't sit well with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join