It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iceland's Hekla volcano just erupt? Webcam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
they #ed up so bad

i found out this was a load of #e about 6 hours ago or something

local news in southampton on the radio is literally just reporting that hekla has erupted lol, my girlfriend heard it in the car on the way home.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dang - forget twitter... did MSNBC get it's news from ATS?

We have to try this again... hmmm... what would be a good test?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Eyjafjallajokull eruption has now strengthened

"The volcano eruption in Iceland has strengthened and a new ash cloud is spreading south and east towards the UK. This demonstrates the dynamic and rapidly changing conditions in which we are working."

uk.news.yahoo.com...

This news is up to date as of 10:20pm (GMT)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
didnt this just get figured it out this morning, that the camera had been moved
So now whats changed has it erupted or not ?
I am watching German television right now, they arent saying anything about it

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Looking at the EUMETSAT Ash it seems to me to be going south and then west, with a small east component on a leg of it. Large new ash cloud it does not appear to be, just a continuation of what we have seen so far.

The latest Met Office ash advisory is forecasting no ash above 20000 ft tomorrow by 1800 Hrs, which would seem to indicate that they too are not expecting a new ash cloud. You can see the advisories here

The tremors continue at a higher level which may prove to be a concern in the near future.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
no it did not here is a link. trueslant.com... I wander what is really going on and causing all this earthquakes and volcano active? Geologists, meanwhile, are worrying more about a sister volcano, ‘Katia‘ that could erupt and send even bigger plumes of ash into the sky.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ddarkangle2bad]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ddarkangle2bad

If you are posting in regard to the news I linked, it is not regarding a second volcano, it is stating that the Eyjafjallajokull eruption has now got stronger as opposed to weakening.

If you are not posting in regards to my post, then my apologies.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
MSNBC got this 'news' from Twitter?
That sounds a little wonky. I'm wondering if perhaps they had the graphics and banner worked up just in case it does erupt and somebody got a little excited, the idea of MSNBC getting their news feed from twitter just doesn't sit well with me.

From where do you think they were getting their early "reports" even for the recent Tupolev crash?

Well, at least BBC..
and yes it has been confirmed in the past they, prep all sorts of banners and headlines and stuff for every possible outcome of a developing situation. In the Polish crash BBC at least had "accidentally" published a map showing an alleged distance the airliner had supposedly lost signal with ATCs.

Those "professional" idiots are going to bring the WWIII one day, just because they saw a rumor on twitter.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Is anyone watching the webcam right now?
It's night so you can't see anything but there are 3 bright light in a triangle formation!!! the one on the right goes on and off...

Any thought?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niinnai
Is anyone watching the webcam right now?
It's night so you can't see anything but there are 3 bright light in a triangle formation!!! the one on the right goes on and off...

Any thought?

I'd say its smoke blocking stars or other lights out as it whiffs by

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Niinnai

Those would be house lights. In the daytime you will see the structures sitting on a small hill. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Will the ash travel to the us? And will there be more eruptions?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for your input on this thread.

You help to deny ignorance!

You are a true volcanodoomologist.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
weird ufos over Katla

[edit on 19-4-2010 by pimabread]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pimabread
weird ufos over Katla

link please

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

How do I post photos?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
here is the apparent UFO top right corner

tinypic.com...
tinypic.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
well it looks clear now so i think maybe it wasn't anything tooo major

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

Why hasnt this been marked/moved to the HOAX category?!

No offense to the OP, I was caught off guard by the webcam myself and went around telling my coworkers that a second volcano had erupted...Now I feel kind of stupid.

But, despite hearing on all the MSM outlets that it was indeed a second volcano, we have deduced that there was evident tampering with the initial camera, originally focused on the first volcano, Flamashamlamadingdong or whatever these kids are calling it. To me its just a mountain.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Icelandic to English translation

Búrfell is about 700 meters high mountain just above the Búrfell the roll. Top of the mountain has fjarskiptafyrirtækið distance facilities, RUV got permission to come for another camera aimed at the volcano Hekla, which is 12 km. south-east of Búrfell. Hekla is approximately 1500 m. high and usually ridiculed by decades apart. She is Jack from Hekla in the near future as the big sister, Katla and Hekla erupted last 26th February 2000.

Safety Committee RUV was for setting up the camera on Búrfell in collaboration with Civil, LV, distance and content of Reykjavik in charge of the Internet system.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by xxerse]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join