It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoraX

Originally posted by areyosicker

And I say that it is not a UFO, until there is a better video released the believers will see one thing and the skeptics another.

Its not an unidentified flying object?

Oh, please inform the masses of what it is, since you have either forgotten what "UFO" means, or have identified it.

So, we have an unidentified object/s. Can you prove that they are flying? Looks very much like they could be sitting on the ground considering the camera angle and the terrain.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have not read all of the other posts as it's late and I've just finished writing a mega long essay. So sorry if this has already been covered. To all those saying birds simply could not survive in those conditions, I believe they can because I seen a documentary once. I think it was done by David Attenborough and it was showing the different types of birds that live in the world. Anyway it showed a bird of pray that was hunting while a volcano was erupting and was using the trails in the ash that small animals left to track them down. It was quite marvellous to watch. I've been trying to find the documentary online but I cant find it anywhere!

As for the video, it does look like Geese flying in V formation. Goose hunting is big in Iceland so I'd imagine there is no shortage of the buggers. Maybe they got spooked by the scary volcano and decided to do a runner?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Arent there poisonous gases involved with the eruption?? I think the "geese" explanation is very iffy, but in the same token, too far to really see What it is. I am not making a call on this one, birds or otherwise. Good catch none the less!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
May sound odd but the increased electrical activity sends birds navigation haywire and could be acting like a beacon to the geese. As far as manmade objects that photographer was flying by today for more pictures, thats worth investigating. Hellicopters, gliders etc...

But hell, might be ET too, who knows?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
reply to post by DjSharperimage

These are most likely either migrating/fleeing puffins or geese. It has that classical bend to it from flying birds in formation:
Not enough time elapses on the video to show their trajectory of flight. And since this volcanic plume is so immense, these guys may be a couple of miles out from the ash plume.

This picture of birds you posted...is this "actual" screenshot of the video the OP posted, zoomed in? Or is it a bird picture you found off the Internet?

This picture has nice blue skies behind it and the video the OP posted has volcanic plume in the background.

johnplayer: just because it was on the news, it's true?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

This was only a picture to illustrate that it is simply a flock of birds flying in formation. In the YouTube video posted by a second person, you can see movement of the wings and a slight bend of some of the birds not being in a straight line.
If it was a UFO or a series of them, I do not believe they would be flying in a formation to lessen the drag of the wind, or drafting if you will. Do these highly advanced machines need to do this? This is not a UFO.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

It's like making me dizzy man, somebody like hold the Mountain still, whoa too much Jamba juice.

Isn't it more plausible, it is lava on the other side of the mountain ridge
glowing through the smoke.

Nope, Nope, it has to be a UFO, no other explanation, that's it, it's a UFO
right there in the middle of active volcano.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't know how some people would say they are geese esp. near a deadly environment like that. How can ANYTHING survive in those conditions esp. when its a bit inside the smoke clouds itself right on the edge? lets see if you can be anywhere near that conditions, lets see how close can you get to it before dropping on the floor and dying?

its only real logical that it isn't anything well hmm alive, unless they have real good lungs with a real good filter to clean the air it breaths and can stand that heat or are they some kind of super special geese that can hover and breath in bad air with gases and such which doesn't have any effect on them and they can stand that heat coming from that area....

to me its not anything living, its some objects, Aliens or Man-Made spacecraft,prob,etcetc

Some of you better open your minds and use your common sense and logic and not go with what everyone is saying and no, i'm not going along with the ones that is saying its an alien spacecraft. just using logic and common sense which telling me its not anything living along with the facts of volcano's gases,heat. put 2 and 2 together..

Volcano (ashes,gases,lighting,hot heat,unbreathable,etc,etc) Vs. Animal (natural GPS,sense of danger, lungs, breathable clear air, has a limit to stand heat,living thing,etc) ... it just doesnt add up

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

I have been reading diligently all the protests about whether these are geese or ufo's and since when do geese film as little white objects in the sky?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jonhplayer

I see closeup what the reporter does say "take a look at that flock of birds" and comparing the helicopter to the plume in a previous photo means that these must be very huge geese to appear on camera as they seem to do if they are indeed geese...I find it more plausible to believe that this moving formation could be viewed as something more than birds in formation...consider their size in relationship to the plume especially when compared to the helicopter which was shown yesterday thanks to universetoday...I have yet to see a single goose as large as a helicopter and this formation certainly dwarfs that helicpter scene...I wish someone would put the two videos side by side to check it out...thanks...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well, without seeming like a blithering idiot I think the news guy did pull a bit of a trick on his viewers as he does say" To get a size of the scale, look at those birds, and then they disappear, as if the t.v. is transposing a flight of birds against the plume itself, not that they were filmed as flying anywhere near the volcano...please clear this up if I have confused everything but it strikes me that if this is a flock of birds, it was nowhere near the volcano but used by the crew to make a comparison...if this was a scene of a v chaped formation of some kind that was actually near the volcano at any distance, I would think that the birds in flight were unusual for being anywhere near the volcano...In other words, someone is clearly confusing the issue...geese would not be near an erupting volcano.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

This is very interesting!

It can't be birds flying in formation, which was my first guess, because there's no movement, and as we know birds can't hover.

Honestly, I don't know what this is. It certainly has me intrigued though.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Its clearly glow in the dark birds with gas masks .

Cmon guys, nothing to see here move along....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vision2010
Arent there poisonous gases involved with the eruption?? I think the "geese" explanation is very iffy, but in the same token, too far to really see What it is. I am not making a call on this one, birds or otherwise. Good catch none the less!

Not iffy at all. The volcano is so far away the photographer is safe and the birds are close to the photographer or they would not even be visible in the shot.

Photographer..(a few yards)..Birds.................................(lots of miles).............................................................Volcano.

That and if you go back a ways in the posts you will find out they were identified in the original footage.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I can't really see anything good try though

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

technically yes, but they could be non alien UFOs. since UFO stands for unidentified flying object it could be anything really, not just aliens as people have taken it to mean

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

Your right, there is no movement. I kept watching the video and whatever it was, it seems to be hovering. I have seen plenty of geese in formation around here and I have yet to see any hover.

Great find!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

OK .. you totally didn't even read this post by Jericanman did you? !!

here it is AGAIN..

i did geology at university

though not quite as intense as a Pyroclastic flow. ash clouds get bloody hot.

Pyroclastic flows can reach 1,000 °C or more. these are the ash flows that kind of avalanche down from the volcano. as im sure everyone reading this knows heat rises

any bird riding a thermal with a source heat ranging in the 1,000's is going to be dead pretty dam quick.

that before you even consider the poison nature of the gases

"The volcanic gases that pose the greatest potential hazard to people, animals, agriculture, and property are sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, and hydrogen fluoride"

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

no bird is going to be hovering in that for more than a second or 2 before either bursting into flames or suffocating.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonhplayer
reply to post by butcherguy

It is birds, this same shot was on another news channel and they zoomed right into the birds

www.youtube.com...

Ahha I see... Geese..

*gobble gobble gobble* up that story
The man with the serious voice said so!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hang on, this same shape was posted somewhere else, possibly in the UK air closure thread. I didnt pay much attention because it looked quite fake to me. I will try to dig it out.

EDIT: oops, posts above me say it all

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Frakkerface]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join