It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Okay here's my 2 cents. They look like birds because that's what your mind is conditioned to thinking, but they could also not be birds.

When I burn my brush and trash off in the back yard everything clears out immediately. The rabbits run out of the fire pile and the birds take off. No one ever says let's go investigate. I have an owl who flies into the yard at night to roost. If I am outside and I see it and start taking in a normal voice it flies off in fear. The squirrels likewise run up trees when I walk to the mailbox. Animals would have left the first day after the first explosion.
They have better things to do like survive far away from lightening bolts and a sulfuric ash cloud.

If half of the UFO sightings are real then we are being swarmed constantly,
and why doesn't the world start to acknowledge the events properly?
We are people who live in constant denial then.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
All this talk of intelligent birds reminds me of when my work moved into a new facility in the country about 10 years ago.

The birds were so clever that it took them about a year to stop flying into the building. Every lunchtime...SMACK...there goes another one of those clever birds.

It got so bad that we had to install fake predators on the roof.

I liked the GPS theory..."In 100 yards at the volcano...turn right"

But anyway, this thread is quite funny.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have to say I'm with everyone else who claim it's geese or another bird. Geese most likely, they have low self preservation instincts, trust me, we get metric tons of them in Alaska during the summer and I've seen the stupid things they do.

More so though; the camera has the ash plume in site, then zooms in on (or pans and zooms to) the flight of "UFO's" (birds really, but for the sake of argument...)

jericanman and others saying any bird would have died near-instantly from being in it: you're making broad assumptions that the airspace those birds are occupying is being affected by the ash plume and gaseous discharges (not to mention taking a course or two is hardly making it a Major or otherwise being heavily involved). The reality is they are not directly inside the ash plume (which is why we can see it) and almost certainly not being affected, or at least not in any significant way, by poisonous vapors.

Technically yes because of the nature of most gasses you could assume that it moved ahead of the ash plume and was in their airspace, but gas being lighter than the plume would also dissapate much faster into the atmosphere. Unless they were near directly over the volcano during eruption, they would not be roasted in flight, and even then, it's depending on altitude and prevailing winds, there's a high chance they would have just been abruptly shunted away before any ill effects could render.

Also: if this really was some kind of alien craft formation, why wouldn't the media have blown up over that? "The media lies!" you say. Well true, but then why would they even show them at all and risk the fall out of UFO-wishers by claiming they were birds?

Answer: They wouldn't, they just wouldn't show it if it was meant to be a big secret. Instead they showed exactly what several of us know. Birds.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JasonT

jason t star for you
i cant belive this is still going on either
i have neither enough heads or palms to show my dismay at what people
will read into a simple flock of birds flying past a volcano
the most likely reason they are flying near it is that it is the path
they are programmed to take either through genetic means or learned
noone knows if they made it out or not it is quite possable they fryed

regards
moonpie

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Ok this should put an end to this nonsense. Thanks to HOAXKiller1

Tarifa37.....

Exactly....

You can see the things happily flapping along, going wherever geese go in Iceland

This has to be one of the most silly threads I have seen for a while.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

ALLis0NE.....

Thank you for putting that video together.

It shows unequivocally the white objects are birds.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What bothers me is that these UFG (Unidentified Flying Geese) didn't get the no fly memo. Their little jet engines will no doubt have filled with ash and the poor little buggars will have begun falling shortly after the video was taken.

I think this is one of the best threads e-v-e-r on ATS... that is unless you want a credible website.

LOL...

The title makes me fall about all over the floor "V-Shape UFO Formation" ... oh God let's hope that no other media source ever sees this thread, they'll send us all tinfoil hats.

Good Grief.
askbaby.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm frankly surprised at how far this thread has gotten. I have carefully read every single post in this thread and can honestly say this:

Not a SINGLE argument has been presented against the "birds" conclusion which hasn't been answered at some point in the thread.

Common arguments are:
- Birds could not survive "so close" to the volcano.
- Birds would never come anywhere near the cloud in the first place.
- The objects are too large to be birds.
- The objects appear to be hovering, which is impossible for birds.

... EVERY ONE of these arguments has been very sensibly explained MULTIPLE TIMES in this thread. I am not going to waste time going through all the explanations right now, because you don't have to look very hard to find them (but if I really have to, I will). Therefore, if we turn a rational eye to the thread itself, we are forced to reach this conclusion:

Some of you are being INCREDIBLY stubborn.

I am not going to sit here and tell you that there is no such thing as the UFO phenomenon. I am not even going to say that aliens couldn't be visiting us right now. On the contrary, I absolutely believe in this phenomenon. I have seen it myself. It's why I am here at ATS in the first place.

But if you are going to take ufology seriously, you MUST be willing to accept the mundane, uninteresting conclusions about UFO sightings, once in a while... and indeed, MOST of the time! You're keeping an open mind, and I applaud all ATS'ers for that. If we don't take a close look around us we will never see anything at all. But this is ridiculous. There is simply no reason to suspect that we are NOT looking at a flock of birds, here.

Let's move on, people! While we've been staring at this bird footage, the REAL mysteries are going on right under our noses!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

That definitely resembles a flying machine; kind of like the flying wing or wedge or whatever it's called. The news mentioned the possibility of 'trial flights' to see if commercial flights could safely fly. Perhaps it is one of our machines, special in some way so that it would not be in danger of sucking in ash. I definitely see a craft...can't say it is alien or ufo. Looks like a modified wing to me. Why it was soaring through the fumes is another matter...? Really interesting find, thanks OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

It IS geese! After seeing the close up of the VEE shape, closer than in original video, it is now apparent the Geese were 'hot footing' it out of Iceland. Thanks for THIS video Tarifa.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
nm.. flock of birds.. ^^

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Willbert]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
nm.. flock of birds.. ^^

Maybe it's these guys.....

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

I think this post properly illustrates the fact of the matter here.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Okay here's my 2 cents. They look like birds because that's what your mind is conditioned to thinking, but they could also not be birds.

When I burn my brush and trash off in the back yard everything clears out immediately. The rabbits run out of the fire pile and the birds take off. No one ever says let's go investigate. I have an owl who flies into the yard at night to roost. If I am outside and I see it and start taking in a normal voice it flies off in fear. The squirrels likewise run up trees when I walk to the mailbox. Animals would have left the first day after the first explosion.
They have better things to do like survive far away from lightening bolts and a sulfuric ash cloud.

If half of the UFO sightings are real then we are being swarmed constantly,
and why doesn't the world start to acknowledge the events properly?
We are people who live in constant denial then.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

Could be rim surface features, visible through the cloud.

A collection of rocks, in a v shape.

Or it could be a V formation of UFO's, as is being suggested..with the thousands of years of sightings, and the amount of world religions based on ancient UFO sightings and interactions, i see absolutely nothing strange or unusual in that hypothesis..in fact, i find it strange and unusual that people even deny their existence.

I'm guessing ridge/rim rocks here though, although i can really see why they could be thought of as a flying V formation.

For all those saying it's a flock of birds..here's a photo or two to consider.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c4fa7512ea8.jpg[/atsimg]

And this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf7c2177bf97.jpg[/atsimg]

And this..although to be fair, there IS a V shaped formation of orange lights to the mid right of the image..shame the image scrollbars never appear on my posts, so you can't see it...IF there was any help on this problem on ATS help (and i have looked), you could see it/them. Oh well.

I upload the images to 'My pictures' on ATS.
I view the image, copy the embed code, and paste it into the post..NO scroll bars, and the image's right hand side is almost always cut off.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39c504ffd758.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm sure we can put the 'It's a flock of birds' theory to rest, if nothing else.

Note on the images the abundance of triangular shaped rim features...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Spikey.....

Thanks for posting those pic's.....I never tire of looking at spectacular volcano pic's

Regarding the geese.....well, they're geese.

Let the thread die a peaceful death

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Very hard to tell, but looks like birds to me. All points in the triangle seem to be moving separately, yet acting as a whole..such as a flock of birds.

They are out of the updraft from the plume as well as the ash. I see no reason why this can't be and isn't just normal bird activity.

I have seen birds immediately fly away from smoke or a thunderous loud noise. Birds also don't just hover in one place.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
OMG Birds, birds, birds. Next. Cool pics of the lightening though. Iceland goes bankrupt, then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Wow LOOK a flock of Geese, 1000's of yards away from the plumes of "DEATH GAS" Lets make a thread about it!

Some people will believe ANYTHING. It's getting pretty darn...well sad. That people with two eyeballs and a dozen active braincells cannot clearly see these are geese in formation. Not a perect formation that a CRAFT WOULD HAVE!

Please stop posting videos of birds/bugs/bats, and Chinese Laterns, and Shouting UFO (these were clearly identified in the one video as a flock of birds), it's BAD for the UFO community, makes people think we're all dumb.

please stop this nonsense, and quit believing EVERYTHING you see is a UFO/ or an ET craft from another galaxy.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yeh i`ve seen that and it does look like something is thier but no-one can be sure of what it really is. Could just be Geese i dunno

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join