It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This is amazing;
It looks like a fleet of ufo's in a V formation observing the volcanic eruption

[edit on 19-4-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
the video is too far away and blurry to be of much use.

i see the triangular shape, but i highly doubt is alien in nature. most likely something obvious that we cant see because of the debris

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

Its floating over a mountain thats exploding!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
snow on a mountain top...
my first reaction

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think the youtube poster who said that they're mutated pyroclastic resistant ninja geese, dragging weather balloons is quite obviously right

Nice video, someone's has a keen eye

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Interesting video. Really annoying how many times it is played back and forth, I couldn't get any context before or after.

They were apparently not talking about that formation, but the camera most definitely zooms into that formation.

I doubt birds would be going to check it out, but who knows?

If it is UFO's, it definitely dovetails nicely into David Wilcock's latest blog entry(love him or hate him, he continually presents good observations and insights).
Is ESA Planning to Announce Phobos is an ET Base?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
reply to post by areyosicker

Its floating over a mountain thats exploding!!!!!

And I say that it is not a UFO, until there is a better video released the believers will see one thing and the skeptics another.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not to be trite, but technically they ARE UFOs (assuming, of course that they are flying and not sitting on the top of the mountain).

1) Any snow on that mountain is long gone by now. The ash cloud and other volcanic materials from that mountain are well above freezing.

2) If it was something obvious, then it should be visible on photographs from before the mountain erupted. Might be worth a look.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Very hard to tell, but looks like birds to me. All points in the triangle seem to be moving separately, yet acting as a whole..such as a flock of birds.

They are out of the updraft from the plume as well as the ash. I see no reason why this can't be and isn't just normal bird activity.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
that is interesting

with such close proximity to the eruption it rules out a lot of things.

no birds would willingly be there.

i doubt any conventional aircraft would be able to fly there. especially if such a small amount of dust from this eruption has halted all flying in Europe..... imagine what could fly inside the ash cloud.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Most likely its birds, because of the famous 'V' formation.

But how crazy are those birds?! Must be a fantastic sight from up there.

Maybe they are riding some hot air, would be fun.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
the temperature of ash coulds like this is immense any birds would literally be roasted.

the respiratory systems would shut down way before actual roasting occurred.

then there is the fact that animals are very perceptive of danger and would try and escape it.

many reports of dogs birds etc... going crazy before natural events like this they would not be just hanging around. its not exactly in their best interests or every animals self preservation instincts to fly into an effective oven....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
that is interesting

with such close proximity to the eruption it rules out a lot of things.

no birds would willingly be there.

i doubt any conventional aircraft would be able to fly there. especially if such a small amount of dust from this eruption has halted all flying in Europe..... imagine what could fly inside the ash cloud.

This image does not show anything inside the ash cloud.

What do birds know about a volcano? They aren't in the ash, and are away from the violent updrafts of the volcano. I agree with beebs. They are birds riding some warm air and it is a classic bird V formation.

Show me a better video and I might change my mind. But for now...this is birds.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't think it could be birds. Why would they be flying into a cloud of ash and steam over an erupting volcano? Animals would keep their distance from anything that could harm them.

Not sure what to make of the images, very interesting though...

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The first time the footage was used on Sky News it was to show the enormity of the ash cloud and the news reader actually states that its a flock of geese, then the camera zooms out to show the size of the ash cloud.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
well inside or very close.

if it was just thermal riding they would not be in a v formation

that for straight flight paths. to reduce air drag and save energy

watch some birds riding thermals

they dont need to conserve energy when riding a thermal

they go around in loops or circular motion as they ride the thermals.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We also have no concept of distance in this video. These things might be 10 miles from the ash plume. And far from danger. They are underneath the ash cloud that is affecting air travel.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Great find. What it made me think is whether or not the UFO's had anything to do with the volcano erupting.

While such a display of UFO's hovering over a smoking volcano makes me wonder why they are so interested, it then dawned on me that perhaps they are the cause of the erupting volcano. Then my thoughts ran to whether these UFO's are alien in nature or whether they are USA UFO's that have been kept secret for decades as part of the black secret technologies program.

Just a thought, but something tells me the UFO's may have been involved in the eruption of the volcano. Great find among so many videos.

Thanks again for the posting.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am going to have to say that it is probably a flock of geese.

Why are they there? Maybe they wanted a closer look?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join