It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus If this was a ship, why are we seeing only 2 sides of the triangle? Why is it hollow inside and only 2 of the 3 edges are showing? Why are there gaps in its sides?

There's always the possibility that they are orbs flying in formation, but I see no particular indication that they are orbs.

Birds in formation is - for the time being - the most likely explanation.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwalk

amazing pic of ufos on the ground. Some might say theyre horses but animals arent stupid theres no way they would be that close to an erupting volcano. The heat would be too intense. I think this is the proof we've all been waiting for.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric

Originally posted by Copernicus If this was a ship, why are we seeing only 2 sides of the triangle? Why is it hollow inside and only 2 of the 3 edges are showing? Why are there gaps in its sides?

There's always the possibility that they are orbs flying in formation, but I see no particular indication that they are orbs.

Birds in formation is - for the time being - the most likely explanation.

Could be, but orbs tend to be moving a lot more and not really fly in formation like airplanes or birds. More like this:

But yes, there is no way to be 100% certain what a object is in the sky. This video could easily be faked as well. No way to know.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Ok this should put an end to this nonsense. Thanks to HOAXKiller1

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
As I said earlier, Iceland has a massive population of Geese. It is Geese, anyone can see that. Some peoples realities are so distorted, there is no hard evidence here that these are UFO's. Where as, the geese are flying in V formation which they do, you can see their wings flapping, they are white and they could survive as they are probably miles away from the ash cloud, and as I said in an earlier post, there is a documentary done by David Attenborough on birds where it shows a hunting bird hunting mice while ash is falling from a volcano. Animals are quite resiliant. Wait....they are Robotic, Cyborg Geese sent from Sirius to spy on our active volcano eruption.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Woah there buddy, when I said UFO, I did not mean "ship". I meant that it was unidentified.

As I said, I have no idea what the hell these are, but I just didn't buy that they are birds. Having looked at other more compelling evidence than what was available at the time however, i am starting to be swayed in my opinion to they MIGHT be birds. I'm still not convinced though.

Although I am a believer in ET space craft, I am far more likely to believe that most sightings have a more terrestrial origin.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Although I am a believer in ET space craft, I am far more likely to believe that most sightings have a more terrestrial origin.

Most sightings are, naturally.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I think I might just be turning into a Super Skeptic, where ANY explanation would be answered with "But is it really..."

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I stated in the first few posts what this was, I saw the first live broadcast in HD showing this footage. The video was not recorded by a news crew, it was film by the MET office who use prop' aircraft, has these don't suffer as much as a jet. The aircraft collects data and ash from flying around the cloud. It was clearly stated that it was geese.
Some people are saying that they are not moving or that they are in the clound, this is just not true. They look like there not moving because the ash cloud obscures any reference points, that was the whole reason the geese were filmed, to give some perspective on how damn big the ash cloud was.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
HAHA its clearly geese, we should be looking for real UFO's not stuff like this.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i think the reason people refuse to accept the bird argument is because they are wishing so dam much that its aliens come to save our planet they will never let a rational explanation like birds be the reason.

i think its geese...we get no real sense of distance from that video. they could be well out of harms reach of that ash cloud but it looks like they are in it from where the video was shot.

geese im tellin you

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

AHHHHHH its Xenu!! Tom Cruise was RIGHT!!!!! All hail L Ron Hubbard

en.wikipedia.org...

Just in case you forgot what I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It looks like a geese formation, but there is no way they are geese. Birds flock and migrate way before something like a volcano eruption occurs. They have a sixth sense of this type of danger. It makes no sense for birds to be that close to the eruption when all other possible wildlife would have evacuated long before this.

The V Formation is not perfectly even too, you would think if it were high tech flying objects; that they would have perfect formation.

Its puzzling.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Said it before in this endless thread and i'll say it again. They are infact birds, i've seen footage of it on 3 different news stations all stating it's Geese, the country is known to have a large population of Geese. Locals in interviews have said it's been effecting the birdlife in Iceland. To imply it's a spacecraft is absurd, i feel this shouldn't even be up for debate.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hard as it may be to believe, I would say that the perspective provided by the camera, and the true size of the ash plume , would put these objects at about the right size for geese and further more, that those geese were in no danger whatsoever, being well clear of the cloud.
If they had flown directly into the plume then of course , I would be far more skeptical of this seemingly simplistic explanation, but as it stands , Im calling innocent terran geese on this.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BroketheWall
reply to post by revmoofoo

birds, snow...lmao i love the skeptics on this thread you guys gave me a good laugh.
birds would know within miles not to fly in that direction because they have use electromagnetic poles like a gps and they would know because this would disturb them quite badly and if it did knock their natrual gps off they wouldnt be flying in a v formation. gases would kill them way before they even got in the smoke!
they had to been in there for atleast several minutes and why didnt they see if they could make it out??? Now snow, come on now its a volcano with a temperature way above freezing point...when did you graduate kindergarden? btw this isnt the only report of ufo's being seen near iceland

Alright Mr. Educated.

First of all GPS is not based on the use of the magnetic poles at all. It instead uses the propagation time of uniquely encoded radio signals from specific satellites. Geese have no natural internal system for receiving the radio signals from the American global positioning satellite fleet. For someone who is spouting off about levels of education you are certainly ignorant about a system that is so significantly embedded in our society.

If the the birds are using magnetic pole navigation how do you know that the volcano would disrupt the field significantly enough to throw them off? Where is the research? Show me the numbers.

How do you know the gases would kill the birds "way before they even got in the smoke!"? Where is the research? Where is the gas compared to the smoke in this video? How far away are the birds from the smoke? What scientific method are you using to make this measurement? Show me the numbers.

By the way Mr. Educated, you spelled kindergarten wrong. In fact there are several spelling and grammatical errors in your post. Also there is substantial error in you sentence structure and several typos. The sentence about kindergarten actually doesn't even make sense but I manged to figure it out.

You might want to brush up on your education a bit before you expect people to take your digs about others seriously.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Yes, thanks. I was going to post here earlier but got distracted. I am the one who made that video.

As described in the info I found the source of the video at SkyNews, and it's in the form of a .FLV (Flash Video).

direct download

I used a free tool to convert it to an .AVI, and then opened it up in VirtualDub, and ran a DeShaker filter one time.

This is the result:

While looking close, I see wings flapping. It's a little hard to see, but they are flapping. Also, some birds move up and down slightly out of horizontal formation. Especially the ones in the back. It's similar to birds Id say...

Also, if you reference dark parts of the smoke you can see the birds are moving towards the right. Of course, naturally, the V is pointing the direction they are moving. You could say the smoke is moving, but the smoke is moving to the left, and if you look at the entire whole of the smoke it seems to be all going to the right with the wind. So I think the birds are actually moving with the wind, and passing the smoke, which is going the same direction too.

In the audio of the original clip you can hear the passengers of helicopter discussing the birds shortly. I would imagine with the video equipment they had, and their line of sight, they would have been able to instantly know they are birds, and then report that they are birds on the news.

So, I'm pretty certain they are birds. I also think they are father away from the volcano than you think.

The YouTube videos don't do it much justice. Things are much more clear when you download the source..

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamma 49
reply to post by FlySolo

THIS IS REAL SIMPLE, ITS GOING IN AND OUT OF PYROCLASTIC MATERIAL BEING EJECTED OUT OF THIS VOLCANO WHICH IS IN THE THOUSANDS OF DEGREES. BIRDS!!!!!!!!THEY WOULD BE THE FIRST FYING GOOSE BUFFE

Dude, I know where you are coming from so chillax! You would be correct in thinking these birds would die from poisonous carbon monoxide gasses and be roasted while flying through the volcano. But, they're not flying through the volcano! I would approximate they are about 1-2 miles away from the smoke. The "V" point is the direction they are traveling which suggests they are traveling AWAY from it and not in to it. Of course geese would never deliberately fly into an exploding volcano.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would have to agree with many of the members here, the images are a flock of birds escaping from the area. As there is no point of reference to ascertain the distance from the exploding material, there is no way to know if in fact the object is in harms way. It seems from the video, the object or objects are moving away from the area not into it.

Respectfully

MolecularPHD

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join