It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is pretty strange...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

These lyrics are revolutionary,are kids ready for this.What the hell is "crunk". I must be getting too old.It is catchy in a weird hypnotic way .Hang on i have to go out and buy this .Later dude

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

actually, she is wearing a second mic, like a headset, you can see it clearly. i have heard the song from the record and this SNL performance, and she is not lypsinching. you can hear back up voices, and pretty obviously the music is not live, but her singing is live.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The aliens are a reference to the fact that on another planet with another Oxygen / Helium mixture in the air she might have a better sounding voice.

So I hope those aliens take her, lady gaga and many others away to their planet, even if their planet is without oxygen.

And we can get listening again to real music and new talent.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I did think it was very strange the way she mentioned us as the aliens, meaning we aren't from here. Also, I've noticed on national tv lately, many references to aliens and martians.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As someone else said, Ke$sha is a talentless hack version of Gaga. There's no "there there" in terms of talent, voice, anything. I remember the first time I ever saw her was when she did a guest performance on American Idol, and she was far, far worse than even the worst contestant on the show. She's less talented than Britney Spears, which is saying a lot.

Why is she famous? A good publicity machine decided they could sell some records with her, and there are enough people with no taste to buy what people tell them too, and it's working. She'll be gone in a year or two. She's just the money making product of the moment.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
weird part for me was the whole laser part.

"ever stop to think that we are the aliens?"

that with the whole space suit/ American flag theme.

shouting Illuminati symbolism.

that's my take on it.

Exactly, that was what I found whacky. That was the whole point of posting it. This might even have something to do with disclosure.

I didn't want this to turn into a commentary on the music or the artist. I really only watched because my kids like it and it was posted new on hulu and wanted to show it to my daughter who likes that song and then I heard that bit and did a double and a whoaaa whoaa whooaaaa myself...lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thank you Truthseeker. Very good to hear a musicians' perspective on this. Oddly my girls listened to it all the time And I hated it absolutely hated it till I kept hearing it over and over again.
Conditoining? I think it's very apparent it is!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
And to think i would have never even heard of Kesha if i didnt come on ats.I have seen the light .I wonder if she visits this site.Hey Kesha if you are listening please explain!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
I did think it was very strange the way she mentioned us as the aliens, meaning we aren't from here. Also, I've noticed on national tv lately, many references to aliens and martians.

That's another thing the prevalence of all these inferences to aliens lately, it's becoming more the norm than the other way around. Weird just wierd.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
[edit on 18-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This isn't my normal area of interest, but I do note that the lyrics were altered and presented in such a way that the whole point of it revolves around the interposed lyric "... what if we are the aliens."

Putting it together with strange things in the realm of Lady Gaga and the even stranger realm of Beyonce' and her 'Sasha Fierce' personality, we have very odd announcements being made that point to the more hopeful "Disclosure" or touch on the alien abduction syndrome (which is a very painful thought interposing "what if we are the aliens" as part of that sort of message).

Yes, as a form of music, it is attrocious. As a coded message, who knows? Maybe someone somewhere suddenly uttered the word "Miranda" in a bar and started to beat the crap out of everyone around her ... who knows.

[edit on 18/4/10 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh man, ouch. That apparently serious performance made me think of all those digital short parodies that Andy Samberg does. But his are actually entertaining.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
man I just didnt find anything weird, besides the fact that she was very uncomfortable on stage and she doesnt have any talent ...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
On a side note I would like to throw in that this "girl" completely ripped off an actual talented electronic/rap artist by the name of Uffie from Miami, Fl. Kesha is a talentless hack and just another music industry puppet.

Here is her performing the track "The Party" by Justice.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Thank you Truthseeker. Very good to hear a musicians' perspective on this. Oddly my girls listened to it all the time And I hated it absolutely hated it till I kept hearing it over and over again.
Conditoining? I think it's very apparent it is!

When I get a chance (which might not be for a week....pretty busy gigging this week), I'm going to transcribe this tune and analyze the chords, beat patterns, etc. I have been recently studying some papers on the use of music to help mentally ill and/or disabled patients to regain certain brain functions. The use of music therapy has been going on for years, but the scholarly journal that I subscribe to has talked about using certain beat patterns, chords, and frequencies to subdue or even help these patients to sleep. Ever heard of the phrase "use music to calm the savage beast"? Well, I'm believing it.

What I got from the lyrics (at least the hidden meaning) is to throw your cares to the wind and go and party. The fact that she uses an American Flag in most of her live performances tells me that there is indeed some hidden meaning in what she is saying. Anyway, I'll add more to this thread once I've had time to sit down and transcribe the chord structures and see which frequencies they are playing at.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

That would be awesome, thanks. There's got to be something to it. I mean like I said if you hear it over and over again it grows on you. A breakdown of the chords and frequencies might actually shed some light on it. I truly beleive in music/light/and energy frequency (biorythmic) healing/mind alteration, etc. I am into all of that.

Yes, now if TPTB would want you to party and throw your cares to the wind, doesn't that seem like they are pushing us to distractions to overt our attention away from them, so they can continue "Subdueing" us? It seems to me this would be the intention.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
man I just didnt find anything weird, besides the fact that she was very uncomfortable on stage and she doesnt have any talent ...

So the Alien bit didn't seem weird or out of text/place for you? That's the reason I thought the performance was "off". But ok then, maybe I am reading too much into it?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
her first song was interesting to me but

the second one sucked and her makeup was horrid and I changed the channel for a while

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join