It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is pretty strange...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I put this in skunk works cause it might be nothing. Then again it may be something. At the very least, it weirded me out. Kesha on SNL last night performing "Tik Tok".

What do you all think about this? I thought it was in the very least a little offbeat.

Just the link.

tiktok snl

[edit on 18-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
At first I thought she was a bit stoned, but as soon as that rap/american flag wings/beep-boop synth bit started I thought that she MUST be stoned, otherwise how could she embarrass herself like that on TV? At least the dancers (dressed as aliens) get to hide their faces and deny any part of it.

I'm sure people will find some conspiracy angle, but my gut reaction is that it's just a really really crap song, performed embarrassingly badly. I laughed so hard when those wings came out
I liked the mis-timed laser-harp miming too, brilliant.

I'd like the last 4 minutes 22 seconds of my life back please.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I feel so old right now. The only thing I noticed was that she was obviously lip-syncing. Why? Because when she was playing with the lasers, you could hear her perfectly well even though she was not holding the mic, but then she turned around and grabbed it when the singing (...) started again. It's really bad when your primary career description is "Failed Lady Gaga wannabe".

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The link is not working. Can you post it or fix the video player?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
The link is not working. Can you post it or fix the video player?

I don't know others used it now it seems it isn't working. I tried to edit, but it still isn't coming up. It works now, as an embedded it wouldn't anymore don't know why.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I see a wanna be half GaGa and half Katy Perry with NO talent and a

fupa!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

First, all these little puppet wannabe "artists" (and i use that extrememly loosely) have no choice but to become banners for corporate interest. There is possibly a statement here about America, aliens, and the space program. I get a kick out of the fact that no one with any real respect to music woud go on stage and embarass themself, so they find untalented, fame-hungry people to do it. And they try to hide the lack of talent with "flash" and makeup and dancing women in space suits. People pay attention to the flash, the beat, but not the message. It drives me up the wall that this is the crap that is fed to young America as being "cool", and parents let them buy into it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As a musician, I respect ALL musicians for music is art and a form of expression of the individual.

I respect all art as a god given talent that SHOULD be recognized and respected whether you like it or not.

This is POP music. For young people to enjoy.

Some of us mightn't like the hip hop sound, I remember Rush Limbaugh years ago claiming that Rap was just a fad that would soon die out.

I knew at the time that he was wrong. For the same happened in the 50's with Rock and Roll. It was considered "Jungle Music" because it had a new beat derived from Blues music based upon drums.

RIP: Stevie Ray Vaughn - Pride and Joy
www.youtube.com...

They were wrong then, and they are wrong now.

Because the beat touches and harmonizes with the soul.

That is the essence of MUSIC.

How could one be young and youthful and party and/or cruise in their cars to classical music ??

" Come on over Man, we've got a keg and we'll be blastin' the Beethoven and Bach !!!"

I searched and found it here...

www.youtube.com...

----What was considered Jungle Music in the 50's --------
RIP: Stevie Ray Vaughn
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Yep she was, and another part you could see it was when she placed the mic in the stand right before the laser scene, she sings, "Oh woahh oh oh" then steps away a moment too soon, her voice sings it again "Woah ah woah uh whoah" but she tried to cover it up and step back to the mic too late. She then moved to the laser scene. lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yep, she is fairly talentless, but that is the nature of entertainment.

I hate to say it but the blonde hair, thin frame is what actually sells.
And not so much the musical content.

One thing about performing on stage though is that it's very difficult for vocalists to hear themselves which is the key to harmony while on stage which such high volume levels.

Remember in the old days you would see vocalists closing one ear while singing ?

It's easier to lip synch and much less effortless.
People point out Lip Synching but for years my Brother and I would always point out the guitarists on stage who weren't even plugged into any amp. And playing away.

I have had some experience on stage myself and it always sucked when a guitarist would forget to turn his volume down after a solo and now you can't hear yourself play....
We musicians play by our ears....

Anyone here play an instrument and/or perform on stage ?
Then you would know what I mean...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Omg this is why I can't stand the "music" of this generation. Is what we are teaching the kids is "music" & "dancing"? All I saw was crap...
Now if you want to get into the conspiracy outlook, they may be trying to use this "singer" to hint that humans may not be from earth originally, with that remark. But I also thought it was lip sync with mic, no mic. But really I just couldn't get past the whole stupidity that they are trying to force us to believe is "good music"

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
This is POP music. For young people to enjoy.

Can you tell me why young people should "enjoy" stupid crap like todays pop music or this song in particular?

I remember when i was a kid, i discovered music and decided that the music on radio and mtv sucked and stayed with music from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Today i know i made the right choice (wasn't hard, when it comes to music the 90's were by far the worst decade
), while all other kids in my class listened to eurotrash crap like Dr. Alban, Snap or Culture Beat or crap like Nirvana, Vanilla Ice and stuff, i listened to Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull and Iron Maiden

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
weird part for me was the whole laser part.

"ever stop to think that we are the aliens?"

that with the whole space suit/ American flag theme.

shouting Illuminati symbolism.

that's my take on it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Many people listen to various types of music from different decades. The music is easily marketable to this generations preteens and teenagers. It was not that long ago I bought man and many CD's just to listen to one song that was shown on television. It's simple economics really.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
weird part for me was the whole laser part.

"ever stop to think that we are the aliens?"

that with the whole space suit/ American flag theme.

shouting Illuminati symbolism.

that's my take on it.

Yep, Kesha singing about liquor and partying is totally "shouting Illuminati symbolism."

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I dont understand how partying, american flag, and aliens all fit together? I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I think she is a alien. I really do, after this...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusioned2
I dont understand how partying, american flag, and aliens all fit together? I'm confused.

It's called conditioning, tptb are slowly conditioning the sheeple to accept the et presence, which will be revealed in the coming months.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
old folks always complain about what the kids of today are listening to. .The kids (under 10)love it and thats who its made for.I had the same problem when i first started listening to Iron maiden or Metallica.The alien statement was a bit weird its like everyone and their dog is getting in on the ufo scene even a lot of younger kids shows have something to do aliens .Maybe we are being conditioned for their arrival.Kesha's arm swing thingy looks pretty cool.NOT

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here are the official lyrics from the liner notes of her Album. Interestingly enough, there is no mention of ET's in the original lyrics.

Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
(Hey, what up girl?)
Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city
(Lets go)
Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack
'Cause when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back

I'm talking pedicure on our toes, toes
Trying on all our clothes, clothes
Boys blowing up our phones, phones
Drop-topping, playing our favorite CDs
Pulling up to the parties
Trying to get a little bit tipsy

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock
But the party don't stop, no

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock, on the clock

Ain't got a care in world, but got plenty of beer
Ain't got no money in my pocket, but I'm already here
And now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger
But we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger

I'm talking about everybody getting crunk, crunk
Boys tryin' to touch my junk, junk
Gonna smack him if he getting too drunk, drunk

Now, now, we go until they kick us out, out
Or the police shut us down, down
Police shut us down, down
Po-po shut us

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock

DJ, you build me up
You break me down
My heart, it pounds
Yeah, you got me

With my hands up
You got me now
You got that sound
Yeah, you got me

DJ, you build me up
You break me down
My heart, it pounds
Yeah, you got me

With my hands up
Put your hands up
Put your hands up

Now, the party don't start 'til I walk in

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock

Don't stop, make it pop
DJ, blow my speakers up
Tonight, I'mma fight
'Til we see the sunlight
Tick tock on the clock

I watched it last night, and definitely got a creep vibe from watching her on stage. The way that the beat went, I was almost mesmerized until I realized what it was doing to me. Are the TPTB starting to use certain types of beat patterns to elicit a certain response from the listeners? As a musician myself, I am well aware of music's power to evoke an emotional response, but this goes above and beyond what I am familiar with.

Very interesting indeed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join