It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obey the divine right of the Kings ... or, you're a heretic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ya i can see know where it really dos't matter does it ?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And u know i am truly humbled by your insitefull comment that it gave me pause to think of something from along time ago, written by a once graet king:
"Oh how they they strain at the knat and pass the camel"

Ya ur still here.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Interesting point concerning the Magna Carta.
I don't think most people outside Britain know anything about it, and then only in a negative, limiting light. I read that it merely entrenched the rights of the bishops and landed gentry, but did nothing for the masses.

Please do mention some more detail and argument apart from two lines, because not everyone is au fait with some of the names and concepts bandied about, which are quite specific history.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oh ok well i don't think the Baron phase worked out too well either did it? ie GOLDMAN SACHS

Soooooo i guess its back to what???? any guess'ss???? um lets see people rule , kings rule,, barons rule,,,seems to be some kind of ole mystic faierie power or sumthing going on,,,hmmmm now i guess if we really want to go for a roll of the dice,, um two choices ,,ok people step right up,, ya puts ur money, ya take yer chances,, meanwhile back at the ranch,,,
The Barons where woundering u think were backing the right guy??
The People where thinking "enough of this Baron crap we want a new bunch of Barons,,or a king the guy in the back whispers,,because he can now see that the Barons are starting to unravell and question there ,,

to be cont.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just so everyone can all understand the fine points

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And so we can all keep guessing,, here's a hint

That "Declaration of Independence" there was a timeframe to that contract, whereby God Almighty would Protect that Agreement and that timeframe was completed with a Significant event in American Politics,, the Election of ? anyone??

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And just in case anyone here might want to get serious,, ummm i would say at this very moment of our chatting and reading and having a good ya think?,,,, umm i would as a concerned European Citizen be thinking about the fact that "STANDING GROUND FORCES" would rather at a very high ASSET value at the moment, and if anyone wish's to explain that on here,,, i would be happy in the utmost to read such a thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thats if u Barons can get your butts out of your ohh my look how time pass's.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

In the Bible God was personified as a King and the God of the Old Testament was a pretty tyrannical King who sent his people on missions of war and genocide.

It was this flawed but widely believed idea of God that allowed the Divine Right of Kings to be claimed by so many and to uphold the same genocide and tyranny spoken of in the Old Testament.

I mean the God of the Old Testament was one nasty hombre who command the Israelites to kill kids, take slaves, and sometimes wipe whole civilizations off the map for no apparent reason... makes it that much easier for corrupt Kings to claim divine right to the throne.

So no I don't think anything is "allowed to happen" by God because we're refusing the divine right of anyone. If God plays any part in world events there is no evidence of his involvement. Either he's a stealthy ninja deity who works in the shadows and leaves behind no proof or we're on our own as far as world events.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I mean the God of the Old Testament was one nasty hombre who command the Israelites to kill kids, take slaves, and sometimes wipe whole civilizations off the map for no apparent reason...other than that,, the one's being slaughtered could understand,,

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
And for doing so he paid the ultimate price through the body and blood of his one and only Son,,

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So that no more would there have to be a ,,kill kids, take slaves, and sometimes wipe whole civilizations off the map for evermore.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
for corrupt Kings to claim divine right to the throne, and I tell u this he was uncorruptable, as they mocked, humble in the savage beating , pround in HIS defiance of DEATH, for is it not written "for in the end it was his HEART, that gave out, for the purity of it touched the very Tabernacle of God upon that mere hilltop called the place of Goliath's Skull.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

What you write is true.
But are "the people" always so innocent?
I think sometimes the people blame the Kings and leaders for their own bloodlust, and at times they couldn't wait to go to war.
Yeah, they might have been manipulated, but perhaps something in group psychology makes them open for that manipulation at certain times.
Perhaps it's cultural stagnation (pre WW I), or the idea of a quick, romantic war and death. Perhaps it's militaristic society and deep homoeroticism. Perhaps it's just nihilism (Nietzsche), the death drive of Thanados (Freud), or age-old lust for revenge.
But it seems sometimes a ruler must allow war or face revolution.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Yes some nations do become war like and hungry for bloodshed but usually there is some prompting from the leadership of the nation whether subtle and subconscious propaganda or blatant let's take over the world type stuff.

Both the people and the King are responsible.

Religion and Politics shouldn't mix otherwise we get things like the Crusades and the inquisitions. Religious should be about helping society, helping one another, it shouldn't be intertwined with government at all... Founding Fathers figured that out the hard way and had to break off from King George.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"Both the people and the King are responsible"

spoken like a true Baron

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Ideally perhaps state and church would be seperate.
But I can forsee people calling that in extreme form "communism", which didn't stop any wars for 50 years either.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
en.wikipedia.org...

Could it be that so much disorder, social upheaval and natural disaster is allowed by God because we no longer obey the divine rights of royalty and their bloodlines?
Maybe US Presidents like the Bush dynasty are really appointed by God, and they were predestined to rule since Adam in Eden?
When did this law change, that we can suddenly become "liberal" and question or mock them?
Most of the ultra-rich on this planet are descended from these noble bloodlines, and like much self-improvement literature argues, we should hail and look up to them.
Perhaps the divine right of "kings" should be taught and obeyed by all once again, and our petty-peasant society will be happier.

I gave your thread and post a Star and a Flag, not because I agree with you, but because this is an important topic.

The power of the divinity and sovereignty bestowed upon Monarchs and perpetuated by Rome, is what teaches the people of this world, to be indifferent to the suffering and plights of others, to embracing hording, and cruelty.

That is not divine, but simply, selfish, sadistic and barbaric.

They are divine and we are not because they sold us one great big lie called Original Sin, that we are all imperfect and born bad, and even the God we are told to worship believes this, and will have to wipe us all out one day save a few of the very righteous.

We are taught to believe through guilt, the concept of original sin, to play upon the duality of our minds, and our internal struggles to always be loving, kind and compassionate towards others.

Our failure to be these things always is what propels our own acceptance of Original Sin, and inherent deficiencies and imperfection, as being the justification, of living under the rule of Divinely Appointed Monarchs, Sovereigns and Heads of State, who are in fact so sadistic, selfish, and devoid of real compassion, that we look like Angels in comparison to the death, suffering and poverty that hangs on their heads and actions.

Yet it is we who are made to feel guilty, and in that process, and them believed to be righteous and to emulate and then lead us to the best things.

They lead us to death, they lead us to scarcity, they lead us to imprisonment, they lead us to poverty, they are despots and not Devine, and its time we do away with them, and forgive ourselves for ever tolerating their evil presence to begin with.

It’s never too late to learn OP.

[edit on 17/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hear, hear:
A great post and powerful argument.
I think I've been swayed.
However when we rid ourselves of them and say "off with their heads", what follows then?
In countries that have a blatant monarchy that could lead to chaos.
And revolutions always eat their own children.
So what then?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
en.wikipedia.org...

much self-improvement literature argues, we should hail and look up to them.

mind sharing some of these ""much self improvement literature" ???
links?
-

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join