It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by podianna
Meteorite crashes into southwestern Wisconsin, USA on Thursday 15th April at 03:34 BST. You've seen the footage, quite amazing. No crash site found though, hmmm....

04:00 BST 'NATS' UK's air traffic controllers shuts down Scottish airspace, quickly followed nationally.

Wisconsin is on the North East seaboard of the USA, nearer Iceland.

Is their anything to make of this ?

Nice work and excellent question. I hope someone has an excellent answer.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ive came accross some almost unrelated Volcanic ash news!

wwe fans - take note!

Basicly, the WWE's raw brand has been on tour in europe (and uk)... and guess whats happened to them ... they only gone and got themselfs stranded! hehehehe

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just been watching BBC news channel,and the top air company bods in Brussels were havin a tv conference jobbie,basically moaning and saying,we think there is no problem,we are starting flights tomorrow.

the news tikker was saying "european flight ban is deemed unsustainable."

The CEOs are getting pissed off,and want planes fling agian,quick sharp.

Lets just hope the ash does not present a problem tomorrow,when they claim they will be running 50% of europe flights.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It would suck if a plane came down because the airline companies are crapping themselves over the losses of profit/share value.

UK flights are still grounded as far as tommorow goes I think.
We have had pretty much no wind in Wales where I am,so I imagine the dust is still up there.

I would not like to fly tomorrow,but I am a proper cowardy custard when it comes to flying sadly.

Edit BTW,has anyone looked at what air travel disruption happened in 1980 when Mount St. Helens in Washington popped?

Were planes downed for days in the areas of ash plume?

Could be a good one to compare this event to IMO.
Get a 1980s perspective...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ta, thought i'd throw that in, even though i goofed up Wisconsin's geographical location, Doh !
Just seemed strange that the volcanic eruptions had been going on for over three weeks and no airspace was shut down and then boom ! Within half an hour of the meteorite impacting were locked down.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by podianna

Still a good question.

Still no reply...

You've made a keen and pertinent connection, but lets face it, if this were happening stateside there'd be pages of answers to your question - i guess we'll have to make d

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

. No crash site found though, hmmm....

They've found part of it now.

lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Had a look at your link, seen a couple of lads holding a tiny piece of rock, waiting for it to be analysed. Maybe it is part of the meteorite. Did not see any pictures of said crash site.
I know nothing about meteorites, but I did think most of them break up during entry into the earth atmosphere ? From the footage I saw this thing whatever it was, had already passed through the atmosphere and had not broken up and was of some considerable size.
I'm probably wrong, just looking for some light to be shed on the subject.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I just looked at the tiny meteorite fragment too. Must be more of it out there scattered somewhere...
I just don't get the connection proposed to the volcano and ash cloud.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
I just looked at the tiny meteorite fragment too. Must be more of it out there scattered somewhere...
I just don't get the connection proposed to the volcano and ash cloud.

Some of the bits can be tiny, but yeah there might be a few more that are found.

I think the connection to the volcano ash cloud was an implied coincidence/conspiracy as in maybe the meteorite was the reason for the airplane groundings rather than the ash cloud. One of the implied 'strangelets' was the non-discovery of a meteorite crash site.

The impression i got was that the poster was trying to say that maybe there was a UFO incident (or something a bit more sinister that would facilitate the grouding of planes) that the powers that be were covering up with the major volcanic eruption story, that may turn into the worst volcanic disaster in living memory. Those pesky powers that be !

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Maybe no connection, just coincedence. Just found the timelines strange. I joined this site yesterday as I had returned from a holiday in Northern Scotland and witnessed a unusual event and none of the the sulphur smells, ash deposits that the media was saying was happening, talked to friends etc. and nothing either, they seem bemused too. A friend too in the military said they had received unusual orders on Thursday morning, but would'nt embellish further. Go figure ? Wanted to put it out there and try get some explanations.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Ahh, I get it now. Thanks for the explanation.

Now my confusion is replaced with a bit of skepticism on that theory, although the timing IS coincidental.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Maybe no connection, just coincedence. Just found the timelines strange. I joined this site yesterday as I had returned from a holiday in Northern Scotland and witnessed a unusual event and none of the the sulphur smells, ash deposits that the media was saying was happening, talked to friends etc. and nothing either, they seem bemused too. A friend too in the military said they had received unusual orders on Thursday morning, but would'nt embellish further. Go figure ? Wanted to put it out there and try get some explanations.

Dont get me wrong, im all for coincidences and syncronicity (its been the weirdest of weeks since the kiddy fiddeling pope story broke !) i'm just a little cynical when it comes to suggestions that 'the powers that be' have more say in this weird and wonderful world than syncronicity does.....Not that you suggested it was anything else.....

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just been outside and got hit on the head by a king prawn ring, a black forest gateau and some sausage rolls......must be a fallout from Iceland !

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

that really made me smile

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hope 'Farmfoods' are ok or we could really be in trouble !

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The sky is clear, because the particles are transparent.

They are so small and light that it takes a whole day for
them to settle 10m in height.

So it takes - under normal uninfluenced conditions - a year
for them to descend about 3,650 m in altitude.

Why they are already coming down as rain like in Scotland,
as posted, don´t ask me.

Like the nuclear clouds took years drifting around the world,
reaching every place on Earth, so will the ashes.

They have also settled on Iceland already making the sheep
farmers fear for their livestock now being in the birthing
season. If the ground is covered by a few cm of soot, there
is no grazing for cattle or sheep.

The KLM and LUFTHANSA test planes have come back down
unharmed, while we read further up that those fighter planes
came back damaged. So there are lots of uncertainties.

There is even an American air base in Keflavik/Iceland.

Figures of one million passengers stranded are quoted.

Germany´s chancellor Merkel finally made it home to Berlin
from Lisbon via Rome, then by bus to Bozen (Northern Italy),
and again by car on the autobahn.

Thousands of vacationers are stranded on the Spanish isles
and now have to use ferries to mainland Spain, considering
themselves lucky to get a bus back home to central Europe.

While on a normal day the UK/France ferries had about 200
pedestrian passengers they now have 6,000.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Eyjafjallajökull...when we can finally pronounce its name, it will silence for once...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looks like we are getting some action from Katla now

ashalerts.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Folks -

I've been watching a parallel thread on this topic at the Professional Pilot's Rumour Network - which is exactly what it sounds like.

Journalists go there for 'informed' opinion, and it is moderated.

However, it is also crashing due to the volume of interest.

Last time I looked they had over half a million views on that thread.

Now.

The best second source appears to be this thread, which has been 90% pretty darn good with only occasional off-post comment.

I vote we keep the standards up on this thread and hope that is seen as an alternate to the pprune.org thread.

An opportunity here to get ATS some serious credibility.

I know that some of you know and use the pprune site, but it's crashing, and here is the next best thing.

Put your conspiracy and UFO hats to one side, but keep your great analytical ones on because folks may migrate over here to watch and learn.

If you want some more meaty stuff to research and comment on, lookup the nearby volcano Katla next to the one that's erupting right now.

The signs are that it is rapidly increasing activity, and if it goes off it will make the present situation look like a walk in the park.

Stick to facts or well-researched stuff.
Not wild ideas or folks will ignore you.

Jokes and stuff are allowed, so long as they do not distract from the seriousness of this.

I say grab this opportunity to see what the ATS community can contribute to this story.

Please, someone explain to me how to get the image embedding to work on here.

Even a clear URL gets screwed up.
I just want to post an image of dust on my car taken today

So in the spirit of all of the above, here's that time-lapse video I made on the 16th of huge invisible ash clouds drifting near Heathrow airport.

Funny perhaps, but help me also post the image of ash on my car from the same location. It's not invisible :-(

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join