It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Humans could survive almost anything nature threw at us.

Civilization on the other hand.

Cavern homes, cannibalism, and stone tools here we come, yay.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

LOl trust the Scotts

www.youtube.com...

Brit humour at its best

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by warmsoul

Not all airports in the EU are closed, only the north European ones.

Portuguese and Spanish airports are open.

I suppose the south Italy airports are also open, considering I read that the ones in the north are closed.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

I smelt that last night as I live in Hamilton, Scotland but it is pretty clear here tonight. We have the light covering of ash on cars etc... like fine sand. It is coming down so all the reassuring words from the Met Office etc... are just trying to stop info getting out that it is only high level coverage. My dogs had a bad cough last night when we got back from our walk when I smelt the sulphur smell. They don't know about mass hysteria so their reaction to me was that it was effecting them as they sniffed the grass etc... which probably had the ash on it?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted earlier, but ABC is claiming responsibility for this as part of the "LOST" tv show finale. Volcanic Ash Cloud Turns Out to Be Finale of Lost

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by warmsoul

Not all airports in the EU are closed, only the north European ones.

Portuguese and Spanish airports are open.

I suppose the south Italy airports are also open, considering I read that the ones in the north are closed.

Friday had two commercial sized jets going East to West over my area, I have no idea where they originated from.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I just read this article from USATODAY.com.
www.usatoday.com...

The ash is toxic — the fluoride causes long-term bone damage that makes teeth fall out and bones break.

It was only a small sentence in passing, but it's huge as far as the conspiracy world goes. They have just confirmed that fluoride causes long-term bone damage and damages teeth....hmmmm.....yet they still market the crap in toothpaste, and put it in our municipal water supplies.

Very interesting.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
www.usatoday.com...

The ash is toxic — the fluoride causes long-term bone damage that makes teeth fall out and bones break.

It was only a small sentence in passing, but it's huge as far as the conspiracy world goes. They have just confirmed that fluoride causes long-term bone damage and damages teeth....hmmmm.....yet they still market the crap in toothpaste, and put it in our municipal water supplies.

Very interesting.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Smoking causes cancer yet it is stil legal.

One quote from a farmer as i can guess from the link doesn't cut it for me.

We should only be concered if Katla blows, that would be scarey.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Lufthansa and KLM has been doing flight test. Lufthansa did test up to 8000 meters and KLM did normal flight height in 13000 meter. None of them have taken any damage and they are now trying to get permission to start flying regulary again.

Lets hope they not just was lucky...

The Dutch airline KLM, and the German Lufthansa carried out yesterday several test flights in European airspace. The two companies say that their testplanes apparently had not been damaged by it

Source: Test flights did no damage to aircraft

Edit: Orginal source:
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by cadric]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
www.usatoday.com...

Very interesting.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Smoking causes cancer yet it is stil legal.

One quote from a farmer as i can guess from the link doesn't cut it for me.

We should only be concered if Katla blows, that would be scarey.

I agree...if it blows, we are all in for a world of hurt. And last time I checked, the government doesn't dump pure nicotine into the water supply under the disguise of helping to support healthy teeth. It's still a choice to smoke. It's not a choice to drink fluoridated water if you live in a municipality that uses it in their water supply.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This Sydney Morning Herald article notes:

- Qantas continues to cancel all flights.

- Scientists state the eruption is getting worse.

www.smh.com.au...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The BBC is stating the ash cloud is not expected to move much during the next week.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
The BBC is stating the ash cloud is not expected to move much during the next week.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Netherlands' KLM said one of its planes, a Boeing 737, had reached its maximum operating altitude of about 13km in the skies over the Netherlands, and there had been no problems during the flight.

The aircraft and its engines were being inspected for possible damage. After the results of that technical inspection the airline hopes to get permission from the aviation authorities to start up operations again.

Germany's Lufthansa said it had flown several planes to Frankfurt from Munich.

"All airplanes have been inspected on arrival in Frankfurt but there was no damage to the cockpit windows or fuselage and no impact on the engines," a spokesman said.

However, both Dutch and German air space remain closed until at least 1200 and 1800 GMT respectively.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
That it pretty scary news for you all up there. You mentioned your dogs were coughing (probably from breathing in ash when sniffing the grass) - have you developed a cough? Please keep us updated.

Take care,

Aelf

Originally posted by kalenga
reply to post by psilo simon

I smelt that last night as I live in Hamilton, Scotland but it is pretty clear here tonight. We have the light covering of ash on cars etc... like fine sand. It is coming down so all the reassuring words from the Met Office etc... are just trying to stop info getting out that it is only high level coverage. My dogs had a bad cough last night when we got back from our walk when I smelt the sulphur smell. They don't know about mass hysteria so their reaction to me was that it was effecting them as they sniffed the grass etc... which probably had the ash on it?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I found the below article on BBC news:

"A World Without Planes

In a future world without aeroplanes, children would gather at the feet of old men, and hear extraordinary tales of a mythic time when vast and complicated machines the size of several houses used to take to the skies and fly high over the Himalayas and the Tasman Sea.

The wise elders would explain that inside the aircraft, passengers, who had only paid the price of a few books for the privilege, would impatiently and ungratefully shut their window blinds to the views, would sit in silence next to strangers while watching films about love and friendship - and would complain that the food in miniature plastic beakers before them was not quite as tasty as the sort they could prepare in their own kitchens.

The elders would add that the skies, now undisturbed except by the meandering progress of bees and sparrows..."

continued: news.bbc.co.uk...

It is quite fascinating seeing the sky like this, just like how our ancestors would see it. It's also amazing how we're having such clear blue skies at the moment.

Aelf

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

I suffer from asthma and I have noted the use of my inhaler has increased since this eruption. You cannot see it but it is there in the air we breath as my symptoms are beginning to show. It has started raining now and my car has sandy streaks all over it from the dust. It is bitterly cold today as well as a few days ago we basked in temperatures of 65 degrees fahrenheit. I had my scarf and mittens on while out earlier. I think a D Notice has been put on the British media as there is no mention of the dust landing anywhere? Suppose it might cause mass hysteria? But there will be no question of trying to hide it when the Katla volcano erupts. This a quote from an info site on Icelandic volcanoes: "After all in 1783 Iceland's Laki volcano erupted, freeing gases that turned into smog. The smog floated across the Jet Stream, changing weather patterns. 300.000 died from gas poisoning in the British Isles. Crop production fell in western Europe. Famine spread. Some even linked the eruption, which helped fuel famine, to the French Revolution. Painters in the 18th century illustrated fiery sunsets in their works."

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Found this news story about ash landing in Scotland but nothing since this was reported:
news.stv.tv...

[edit on 18-4-2010 by kalenga]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
JUST ON THE RADIO NEWS HERE:

More airplane company's are arguing and trying to make it possible to fly again, especially Germany and the Netherlands. To hope to reopen some flightpaths and there test results are negative. So it should be safe to fly (till something happens that is :p)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

I have found it very hard to jog last few days, not sure its the volcano or what, but i just cannot finish my jog.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

You may try to use a mask, it could be enough to stop you from breathing the ashes.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join