North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 26
131
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
No these are recreational planes that are taking off and landing as they wish, they are not returning, they are going up and back as they please. one of the guys there say propellor planes flying at certain levels are allowed to fly and are not restricted




posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
no these were planes that just went up from the ground and came back, they were recreational planes and there didnt seem to be any restrictions. i asked on the people who came out the cockpit and he said there were no issues at all



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
BBC radio 5 have just said that 2 Nato fighers have encountered engine problems flying through the ash. they are not saying which Nato country though.. but it sounds like its a jet engine issue not a propellor engine issue



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Many airports have opened today, especially in Northern and Southern Europe. Like in the UK, airports in Germany are still closed at least until tuesday, 2:00 o'clock.

A speaker of the industry said, they estimate the loss for Germany alone with 1 Billion Euros per day.They think, some European airlines will go bankrupt soon.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
When is this volcano going to stop spewing ash?



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
When is this volcano going to stop spewing ash?


wednesday, at 3:15 pm (+1 BST)

i thought everyone knew that!



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Plains flying again over Oslo, ash raining/snowing. Sunshine



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Apprantly Volcano is calming down so that means panic over right?
Surely the ash will clear soon enough?



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrenarsenal
BBC radio 5 have just said that 2 Nato fighers have encountered engine problems flying through the ash. they are not saying which Nato country though.. but it sounds like its a jet engine issue not a propellor engine issue



I also red it, there was glass forming in the engines[it was a F16 of a European airforce], a spokesman said it is very serious..I was just thinking about that, what happens when a vulcano erupts and military planes need to take off, seems impossible.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
volcano isnt near calm, is it?



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I thought when ash was mixed with water it becomes heavy causing roofs to collapse. apparently history channel failed me again.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Breaking news Hekla is now erupting.

A massive plume was observed indicating the second volcano has now erupted.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hekla's live cam:

www.ruv.is...

[edit on 19/4/10 by MikeboydUS]



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Nothing surprises me when you are a person who knows the world will end.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS
 


really? are you #ting me?



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm reading on other sites that this was a mistake. The hekla webcam was pointing at the other volcano.


Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Breaking news Hekla is now erupting.

A massive plume was observed indicating the second volcano has now erupted.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hekla's live cam:

www.ruv.is...

[edit on 19/4/10 by MikeboydUS]



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


Can you produce a link to these other sites?

Thanks in advance.



[edit on 19/4/10 by MikeboydUS]



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


Can you produce a link to these other sites?

Thanks in advance.



[edit on 19/4/10 by MikeboydUS]


2008alerts.blogspot.com...



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sites I was looking at were other forums and blogs, and I can imagine there are rules against posting links to such sites on ATS. If you do a google search on 'hekla webcam pointing at wrong volcano' you'll see what I was referring to

Cheers,

Aelf


Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


Can you produce a link to these other sites?

Thanks in advance.



[edit on 19/4/10 by MikeboydUS]



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Belgium news told us that if everything goes like it should, tomorrow partly Europe air taxi will run again.



posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
Belgium news told us that if everything goes like it should, tomorrow partly Europe air taxi will run again.

Ah well, I suppose we'll now have to say goodbye to the sunny days we have been having here, not that it was all that warm mind you





new topics

top topics



 
131
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

log in

join