It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out the 2012 scenario again. Either you believe in niburu, planet x, islam, Judaism, Christianity, mayans, etc etc. # is starting. if you can't tell now then you are obviously blind. deny ignorance. Nature is telling us

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I just wanted to point out the 2012 scenario again. Either you believe in niburu, planet x, islam, Judaism, Christianity, mayans, etc etc. # is starting. if you can't tell now then you are obviously blind. deny ignorance. Nature is telling us

Yeah, right.

Lets stick to the facts, eh?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

Yeah, right.

the only fact is you are a sceptic

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well since i don`t hear nature "telling" me anything - could you please oblige me /

What precisely do you think nature is telling us ?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yeah, right.

Gotta love(always!) ATS:

ignorance vs rationalism vs ignorance vs skepiticism...............etc

[edit on 17/4/10 by logicalview]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

That is funny, I spend most of my days outside in NATURE and nothing has changed, nothing has shown me some magical "proof" of impending doom, nothing. Everything is exactly as it has always been in nature, maybe it is just the area around your chair that is changing and showing you things?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
Just another thing to think of: Even if this hazard 'blows over' in a few days or hours, I wonder whether this may force high level re-thinks of global transport and supply chains, given our current understanding, and/or lack of understanding, about the many other volcanic risks.
You may be sure that the people that need to think about that are doing it since the first time they heard about stopping the flights.

Perhaps time to dust off those ghost fleets of cargo ships anchored up all over the world post-recession?
Sea transport is the most used, aeroplanes cannot transport large cargoes, so while a ship may take a week travelling the same distance an aeroplane travels in half a day, the ship can transport some hundreds of times more cargo than the aeroplane.

Living in Portugal and working for a company that makes software but also sells hardware, I have seen boxes that were shipped from Taiwan to Rotterdam and sent by truck from Rotterdam to Portugal in a week, most exports and imports are done that way, ships never stopped being used.

The most affected is people transit, and politicians and other people in "high places" (not for some time
) are the most affected, being the best clients of the air transport companies.

That's why the Portuguese president had to go by car from the Check Republic to another country (I don't remember which).

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Well since i don`t hear nature "telling" me anything - could you please oblige me /

Thanks.

It's not a idea or a though, but of true knowledge. What I know isn't what "I think". But what I know. If science can't explain everything in the universe then we must have a lot to learn. What is it telling us? I don't think I could answer such a question. I believe the earth is a conscious being

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been covered or if the answer is common-sense, but I know little about how aircraft engines work:

How are prop planes and helicopters affected?

If they're not affected, can they be of any realistic benefit?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Thanks.

It's not a idea or a though, but of true knowledge. What I know isn't what "I think". But what I know. If science can't explain everything in the universe then we must have a lot to learn. What is it telling us? I don't think I could answer such a question. I believe the earth is a conscious being

Just because science cannot explain it doesnt mean you can just stuff in random ideas to fill the gap and call it fact since science cannot say it isnt true. lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Theology, new age, magic, etc etc can be said the same

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yeah, right.

Not a sceptic, that would suggest there was a potential for the assertion being valid and that i merely decline to believe it

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Patterns to me are more a math thing than a science really, but the pattern. Do you see one? lol

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Earthquakes, volcanos and other natural phenomena have been happening since day one of earth's existance, They have created the lands we live on, they will continue long after humans are nothing but a distant memory of the earth's existence,

You display the arrogance ingrained in organised religion to suggest these natural events have any meaning to them.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Why is the ash not showing up on satellite images?
It shows, but not on the more common images.

See this ESA page, specially the second line of that table.

If you click on the Earth image (or if you click here) you can see images from the controlled areas, including Iceland. You can chose the number of frames for the animation to see hourly photos.

The last photo (at the moment) is from 2010-04-17 at 18:00 UTC.

I checked the links you supplied, but they are not very convincing. It's just like I thought, barely visible. German airliners are questioning it as well.
German Bild Zeitung via Google Translate

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tdavis0096

OK, I'm not a pilot/engineer either but consider this:

Any Jet engine, or jet turbine (some props/helicopters) sucks in un-filtered/raw air and all of it's particulates then super-heats it and squeezes it through a series of finely balanced very high revving turbine blades. Throw in a bird, or millions of silica particles that melt within those operating temperatures and the engine may even throw itself apart there and then, if you're lucky it may not stall and get you down before it stops, some were lucky enough to have them stall and re-start then get them down (e.g. the Jakarta(?) 747 incident I think?)

A car (piston) engine has an air filter, and probably grills, which filter out debris and particulates from the engine's air intake prior to combustion. So if your propeller airplane/helicopter happens to have such a system you're probably at a lower risk?

That's my guess.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

That's what I think too. Cessna's and other propeller driven planes should be able to fly, but even gliders without engines are not allowed to take off.
I opened a separate thread about this topic and other stuff that makes me thnk this is a hoax.
You can find it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Haven't they been flying helicopters around the volcano this entire time as well?

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Earthquakes, volcanos and other natural phenomena have been happening since day one of earth's existance, They have created the lands we live on, they will continue long after humans are nothing but a distant memory of the earth's existence,

You display the arrogance ingrained in organised religion to suggest these natural events have any meaning to them.

what happened in the past will happen again. all societies have come and went away. So will ours. Some mysteriously vanished. the only arrogance I see is your ego.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just got a screen shot of the Iceland Volcano from the online Web-Cam, you can see the lightning in the ash cloud

And look a mouse cursor is trying to get a close look

The web-cam I am looking at here

[edit on 17-4-2010 by NotAgain]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join