It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizbullah confirms report it received scud missiles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

All the stuff you quoted is a series of accusations and claims by Israeli and US sources. Syria has denied giving them scuds, and Hezbollah haven't made a public statement confirming they have them.

It doesn't make sense that Hezbollah officials would admit that in secret to Israel of all places, and not to anyone else.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What makes you think it doesn't make sense?

Surely the pattern of behaviour prior to today would NEVER indicate that they would do something like that. (sarcasm....dripping sarcasm there).

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

Yes those are, and I am also waiting official Hezbollah statements. Syria has already replied by denialing those claims.

This is very "new" crisis and its still developing, started just about one day ago. So - we just have to follow what is going to happen.

18th In Iran, there is some national day of army, flight shows - and new weaponry will be announced with military parades. 19th is celebrations in Israel - I think momentum for steaming this crisis is very well given in this period of week.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Missile Command with three Surface-to-surface missile brigades (each with three battalions),
One brigade with FROG-7,
one brigade with SS-21 Scarab,
one brigade with Scud-B/C/D.

Long Range Battle Field Rockets
FROG-7 (18)
OTR-21 Tochka (18)
SCUD-B/C/D (26)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yeah, the momentum has been building for quite awhile, and i have no doubt something big is going to happen eventually, but right now both sides are waiting for the other to give them a reason to declare all out war, and i wouldn't put it past either to fabricate something.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Doesn't Israel have patriot missiles, thus rending the scud missiles rather useless against them? I guess you can't shoot them all down, but damage would be minimal and then Israel would just flatten your position.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I know the logic of this is a bit flawed, and there there are hundreds of reasons NOT to do something like this...but in the interest of "can't we all just get along", I offer the following:

The US, Russia, China, etc. should simply park off the coast, and announce "YOU ARE DONE...FREEZE. The next side to fire anything, ever, gets hammered. The way it is right now, is the way it is going to remain, unless you want to be destroyed. Live in peace...or die."

Yes...I know it is simplistic, and yes, I believe non-Israel groups would break the "forced peace" in a heartbeat...but wouldn't it be nice if our "super powers" could actually do something beneficial, together, like this?

I repeat: I KNOW IT IS IMPOSSIBLE...just wishful thinking.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
I am glad to see the Jerusalem post was able to conform this, when the apparent victim tells everyone that the enemy has new weapons, one must believe it is true, I mean why would they lie?

All the more reason for a pre emptive strike, probably find out after the pre emp that it was just poor intel and that they took possesion of spud tissue for tissue culture.

Yes, HOW, how in the world did they get these "scud" missiles, this reaks and stinks of a set-up.

Openly affirming you have something is a blatant slap in the face to the public at large. Now if a missile were to be fired into Israel and THEN the claim made, it would look more likely to be true and that Israel had no part in it.

But that would be too obvious and would not get the rest of the world worked up. I say...Red Herrings for sale, cheaper by the dozen!!!!!

You have to be able to run BOTH sides in order for their to be a legitimate controversy or conflict. This is just more BS from the Elite and the Zionists.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by daddio]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Looks like someone bragged too much in the Hezbollah. I'm not surprised, those guys are all show.

Honestly , maybe a bunch of cheap Katyusha rockets have been transformed by hearsay into deadly Scud missiles. I remember one of my first TV memories, from 1990, when Scud missiles were landing in Israel...looks like it'll never end.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
The US military has not forgotten the 1983 bombings in Lebanon by Hizbullah, bombings that killed over 240 US Marines at an American barracks and killed 60 people at the US embassy.

I think ATS members apparently have forgotten.

And i trust noone has forgotten about the USS cole how many hours did the americans endure those aircraft raining bullets and bombs down on them for? from there ALLIES no less must have been hell on earth for those brave lads. D:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't think you're talking about the Cole...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I know this is way off topic and sorry for that but I have one quick question.

Does anybody know why Iraq fired Scuds at Israel back in the original 1990 Gulf War?

What had Israel done to Iraq? They were the one's that invaded Kuwait!

Just a quick answer would be good and then back to topic.

Cheers guys!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was the bat for hezvbollah for ten years...israel leaves me to die..but even so(I am sick with MRSA) barrrack obama will party with hezbollah the day they kill israel..just watch the antichrist himself(my opinion from my treatment)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I know this is way off topic and sorry for that but I have one quick question.

Does anybody know why Iraq fired Scuds at Israel back in the original 1990 Gulf War?

What had Israel done to Iraq? They were the one's that invaded Kuwait!

Just a quick answer would be good and then back to topic.

Cheers guys!

To make Israel retaliate and mess up the plans of the US/UN in the process. The last thing you want when fighting a war is for another party to come crashing in - even if they're on your side!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
The US military has not forgotten the 1983 bombings in Lebanon by Hizbullah, bombings that killed over 240 US Marines at an American barracks and killed 60 people at the US embassy.

I think ATS members apparently have forgotten.

And i trust noone has forgotten about the USS cole how many hours did the americans endure those aircraft raining bullets and bombs down on them for? from there ALLIES no less must have been hell on earth for those brave lads. D:

My apologies i meant the USS liberty sorry for the poor research ^.^'

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Dude, I really think this news you just brought up is EVEN BIGGER NEWS...

The Lebanese government has basically given the go ahead to Hizbullah to attack Israel...

War will break out within 3-4 days me thinks...

Ok this is it, I'm preparing right now and for the next 3 days. I'm gonna buy months of food right now. Gonna stuck up on bullets and gas too.

Your spot on, for them to have delivered those long range scuds to Lebanon that is essentially a go ahead. I have a horrible feeling that something big is going to take place either on the 19th or 20th of this month April. The funny thing is that so many things have happened on on of those days (Timothy McVeigh bombing 19th, Hitler born on the 20th). I think the crazies and war may start around those days.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Now find the people who sold the missiles to them and drag them by the hair on some public place where they can be bitchslapped, after all THESE are the guys responsible for what happens next, not Israel, not the Hizbullah

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeuseadam
I was the bat for hezvbollah for ten years...israel leaves me to die..but even so(I am sick with MRSA) barrrack obama will party with hezbollah the day they kill israel..just watch the antichrist himself(my opinion from my treatment)

Huh? Excuse my French, but.......

WHAT in the blue hell are you even going on about? I know people like to come to ATS to ramble, but man.....

Adding to that, I doubt Hezbollah would be able to 'kill Israel' all by their lonesome. In fact, I'll bet my house that there's no way they do that by themselves, if it ever does happen.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
Doesn't Israel have patriot missiles, thus rending the scud missiles rather useless against them? I guess you can't shoot them all down, but damage would be minimal and then Israel would just flatten your position.

This is a very real possibility. Isreal is not some backwater milita and is not to be trifled with. I feel sorry for anyone who would warrent their full wrath, you can be assured if the restaints are gone they will smudge out their foes like a blood filled mosquito on a white wall.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wow "HIzbullah"

Are they trying to make Hezbollah sound ugly? Because their spelling sucks.

Where do people get scud missiles nowadays?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join