It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizbullah confirms report it received scud missiles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Wow "HIzbullah"

Are they trying to make Hezbollah sound ugly? Because their spelling sucks.

Where do people get scud missiles nowadays?

the way these organizations names are rendered for us changes every couple of years. Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc.

Makes tracking searches and sources of information easier I imagine.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Wow "HIzbullah"

Are they trying to make Hezbollah sound ugly? Because their spelling sucks.

Hizbollah means "the party of god". Their own naming, no-one else's.

www.cfr.org...

Where do people get scud missiles nowadays?

Same as before - black-market Russian's, China, or Iran & Syria as an intermediary because you need the right sort of contact.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by JanusFIN

Gaza operation started like from blue sky, you remember?

Actually on Christmas day and boxing day (just before the last gaza war), on the BBC, Israel were warning hamas over and over again, and warning they were stronger and would crush them in a war if they didn't stop firing rockets.

Israel have already warned Hezbollah and Syria plenty of times, and I doubt they'll give much warning before vapourising these scuds on the launch pad.

Stale propaganda is stale and also refuted.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Some people do like to paint such a nasty image of Hezbollah sometimes.

They are though, a defence militia. Ok, so the US, UK, Israel and few other Zionist apologists label them a terrorist organistaion, but that does not necessarily mean it is so. They are not the ones constantly performing border incursions into Israel and flying fighters / bombers over their neighbours borders and airspace.
During the 2006 war, Hezbollah were fighting the Israelis at the border, while the IAF preferred to bomb soft civilian targets well away from any fighting, something that is a no-no under international law. That included cluster bombs raining down on civilian population centres, again in defiance of international law.
If Hezbollah has indeed taken delivery of these missiles, then good for them. They at least have something with which to threaten retaliation against Israeli aggression and can hit targets further away than the last time.

As usual though, Israel will bleat about themselves being the poor little victims. Well, aint life just a bitch sometimes? You go provoking people enough, they are going to hit back at some point. That of course it what the Israeli actions are all about, cross the border, fly military aircraft through Lebanese airspace and if they retaliate, claim it as an aggressive act, shouting holocaust all the while.

no their the ones shooting missiles into villages.

Clearly they aren't terrorists! ROFL@you.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm a bit drunk, but I can't find any "news" from that link..

This is all I get:

"Hezbollah confirms report it received scud missiles
By JPOST
15/04/2010 13:36

Hezbollah officials say they received a new delivery of long-range scud missiles which places all of Israel within its reach, Israel Radio reported Thursday."

I'm in Finland.. I can't seem to find anything else from that site...

I'm sorry, if I'm just beeing an idiot =S...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The behaviour of Syria towards the Obama administration's diplomacy efforts can be summed up in a few short paragraphs....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Reports that Syria has provided Lebanon's Hezbollah with truckloads of Scud D missiles have not dissuaded America from engaging Syria.

Steinberg, Kerry, Ford and like-minded politicians in Washington present America's engagement with Syria as something that should be tried, as if they have just discovered Syria or the Assad regime that has been ruling it since the early 1970s.

Steinberg, Kerry, Ford and proponents of engaging Syria should start offering real answers, whenever challenged about their views on engaging Syria.

Assad's anti-American statements and support of Hezbollah is proving all but theatrical. When the Scud reports surfaced, Kerry should have explained how the Scuds fall into his "vision" of Syrian-Israeli peace. Instead Kerry twisted arms on his Senate Foreign Relations Committee and forced through the approval of Ford's nomination as ambassador to Syria.

Diplomacy is the best tool in foreign policy. But there is a fine line between engaging Syria, which we all seek, and Damascus taking Washington for a ride, which is actually happening under the noses of the Barack Obama administration and some Congress people who overestimate their skills in foreign affairs.

A successful vision on engaging Syria would be a roadmap that defines the mechanism of measuring what Syria delivers, within a preset timetable, and the rewards that Damascus should expect in return from the United States.

The way Steinberg, Kerry, Ford and others are conducting US engagement with Syria is identical to how the George Bush administration handled the war in Iraq in its first few years: Improvisation, lack of vision, and the loss of American lives in the process.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why can't people / countries just leave Israel alone.

They don't want hassle from you school bullies, just a bit of peace & quiet.

If you keep poking & prodding them, they will get fed up and hit back.

Don't come crying because we'll say you asked for it, sorry!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...-D

According to wikipedia, the range of the SCUD-D is 300km, with an accuracy of 50 metres.

The A,B,C types a lot less accurate. SCUD-B has range of 300km, but only an accuracy of 450 metres.

So, it can hit half a kilometre away from its target if it's the "B" variant (useful to hit anywhere on the battlefield or in a large city), but only the "D" variant can be used to accurately hit an airport or a fairly large building with enough accuracy.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

is that a sarcasitic post?
since Israel is doing the poking and then the crying in self defence speach

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I still have a feeling; this is not the start of a major war. We have seen stuff like this before. My personal opinion is that it will pass over. Let’s hope I am right.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

why cant the palestinians have a state free of walls or fences? they should make jerusalem like the vatican. an entity of its own open to all with nobody owning it except those who live in jerusalem...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Are they crazy...Israel will crush anyone. Do you seriously think the US has not given them the most advanced weapons outside of our skunk works? Seriously now, dont think the US will ever let Israel fall, despite this President that we have to deal with, and dont ever under estimate the might of the US military...these wars in Irag an Afganistan are nothing but politacal...If we ever turned loose....look out

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sorry folks, no time to read the thread but is there more to this than:

Hizbullah confirms report it received scud missiles
By JPOST
15/04/2010 13:37

Hizbulah officials say they received a new delivery of long-range scud missiles which places all of Israel within its reach, Israel Radio reported Thursday.

... because that isn't even worth debating.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The problem with Israel, IMO, is that after being kicked about for thousands of years before the international community gave them a piece of land to call their own, the Jews are treating others (particularly the people who's land was stolen to accommodate them) the same way they were treated all those years.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Now find the people who sold the missiles to them and drag them by the hair on some public place where they can be bitchslapped, after all THESE are the guys responsible for what happens next, not Israel, not the Hizbullah

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Isreal was the ones who sold these missles or facilitated the sale in one way or another.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by secondshot
Are they crazy...Israel will crush anyone. Do you seriously think the US has not given them the most advanced weapons outside of our skunk works? Seriously now, dont think the US will ever let Israel fall, despite this President that we have to deal with, and dont ever under estimate the might of the US military...these wars in Irag an Afganistan are nothing but politacal...If we ever turned loose....look out

You use the word under-estimate as if it were exclusive to the weaker opfor may i remind you an Israeli battleship "underestimated" the weapons that Hezbollah had ( or more specifically there ECM's weren't switched on) and nearly sank as a result. As murphy's law states no plan ever survives first contact with the enemy.

Originally posted by kenton1234
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Now find the people who sold the missiles to them and drag them by the hair on some public place where they can be bitchslapped, after all THESE are the guys responsible for what happens next, not Israel, not the Hizbullah

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Isreal was the ones who sold these missles or facilitated the sale in one way or another.

I would LMAO if (and excuse the pun) it blew up in Israels face ..... Thank you i'm here all week.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Media are jumping all over this in a frenzy....

This isn't going away. War likely imminent

Syria: a new level of threat

Reports that Syria has supplied or is moving towards the supply of Scud missiles to Hizbollah mark a new and worrying development in the Middle East. Though Damascus yesterday denied it, intelligence sources confirm that the rumours are not baseless. And tensions are undoubtedly running high: Jordan's King Abdullah II was reported to have told lawmakers in Washington this week that he believed a new conflict between Israel and Hizbollah was near. Israeli alarm at a Scud-armed enemy on its northern border is understandable. Though Hizbollah is already believed to possess long-range missiles, Scuds represent a new level of threat to population centres and Israel's security installations. Some of them could come fitted with chemical warheads.

Syria has recently been courted by the US and has been making encouraging diplomatic noises. But it must also act tough in the eyes of its traditional allies, including Iran. This two-faced strategy is making conflict more likely. However, Israel too is treading a dangerous path if it is publicly exaggerating the threat from Hizbollah. It would open itself to the accusation that it is diverting attention from its settlement expansion in East Jerusalem, and even of paving the way for an assault on Hizbollah and Syria that would limit the potential for retaliation should it decide to attack Iran's nuclear sites.

Meanwhile, Barack Obama has not found the right tone. His distancing of the US's interests from Israel's, in an effort to force a halt to settlement expansion, is riling Jewish interest groups and encouraging Iran and others to ramp up their anti-Israel rhetoric. This is alarming. Washington must focus on diverting Syria from its dangerous course while prodding the Palestinians and Israelis to resume talks as soon as possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Thank you. Damn interesting article. Nothing confirmed as yet.

That last paragraph says a lot. Looks like pointing for the US to do everything for everybody. That's not going to work. Too much animosity there.But hey, if they can....

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My spidey senses are telling me we are in for either a massive troll or a super serious war none of which are particularly entertaining IRL but on the internet it's a lulzfest
D:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join