It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizbullah confirms report it received scud missiles

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I still have a feeling; this is not the start of a major war. We have seen stuff like this before. My personal opinion is that it will pass over. Let’s hope I am right.

No, Scuds being moved to Hezbollah is a BIG worry for Israel. They normally get small "bottle-rockets" thrown over the border at them - Scuds can carry a big punch or be fitted with chemical warheads. This marks a clear escalation against Israeli security and will not go unanswered. You can count on it.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Curio]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I had a dream just last night of something to do with Nebraska and Israel, can't remember the connection, dang it, but it sure seemed strange to put those two together. I too feel the SCUD's if true are a very strong escalation in term's of what will take place.....

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ive been a member on ATS for a while. EVERY week a war or "false flag" is suppose to happen but it doesnt. This place is like PRESSTV or DEBKA on steroids. Hype-machine at its best. In a few weeks you wont even hear about this.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Perhap's, but I bet you will hear about this in a few week's if the next thing you hear in Tel Aviv is whooosh, whistle, and boooom......
God Forbid

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Tell you what. I bet you i DONT. Lets meet back here and ressurect this thread in a month and wipe the dust off of it and see who is right?

Originally posted by freetree64

Perhap's, but I bet you will hear about this in a few week's if the next thing you hear in Tel Aviv is whooosh, whistle, and boooom......
God Forbid

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
So, it can hit half a kilometre away from its target if it's the "B" variant (useful to hit anywhere on the battlefield or in a large city), but only the "D" variant can be used to accurately hit an airport or a fairly large building with enough accuracy.

Reading between the lines within recent news reports, I'd say Israeli Intel is trying to come off as if they knew of this sale long before now (prehaps before it took place) and that the SCUDs could contain chemical warheads. Not sure if any of that is true but I'm betting that the fear of that will drive whatever (if any) action is taken. Which chemical weapons is a rather common arsenal for Syria and especially Iran. And I would imagine that using chemical weapons on the civilians of Israel would greatly slow the advancement of the IDF rather than using them on IDF itself who would be much better prepared for it.

On a side note, history has shown us that its always possible for the weaker army to prevail over the stronger enemy with the right strategy.

S + F just to see what comes of this.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by Smurfwicked]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
In regards to the 1991 Gulf War, and why Mr Hussein fired on Tel-Aviv, he was chancing that Israel would retaliate and thus would bring the Arab nations together against Israel and 'ally' with him.

How serious did Israel take the use of scuds on it's capital? It had a squadron of F-16's armed with tactical nuclear munitions up in the air, and they only stood down after immense 'back-channel' diplomacy and pressure from London and Washington. In return for Israel calling back this flight, the UK and US assured Israel that they would make it a priority to 'scud-hunt' and thus the Special Air Service were tasked with locating mobile scuds deep in Iraq, while allied aircraft flew 'Search and Destroy' sorties around the clock in search of them. This was the reason Israel did not nuke Iraq.

And with regards to the patriot missile system, it's success at intercepting the scuds was very poor, intercepting 20% if that (the patriot system was designed for shooting down aircraft, not missles). The government spin at the time in the MSM showed them to be intercepting 90% of all incoming scuds. But it was not in their interest to report such news. The facts came out later.

I have said it before on here and I will say it again, please google, wiki, w/e 'The Six Day War'. For all the misinformed posters on here that think any of Israel's neighbours have a chance against it. (They were attacked by 3 countries at the same time without prior warning and defeated all 3 in 6 days and Israel did not have the 'best' hardware at that time)

As another poster on here stated, Israel has not been let off the leesh yet. Believe it or not, it acts under great restraint. But it cannot show weakness to it's neighbours or it will invite trouble. So it's heavy handed response is pretty much the reason it still exists.

Slightly off-topic, Iran holding it's National Military Day on the 18th is one to watch closely; probably the best time for Israel to strike it, when quite a bit of its hardware is parading on the streets or clogging up an airfield as part of a static display at an airshow.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by die_another_day
Wow "HIzbullah"

Are they trying to make Hezbollah sound ugly? Because their spelling sucks.

Where do people get scud missiles nowadays?

the way these organizations names are rendered for us changes every couple of years. Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc.

Makes tracking searches and sources of information easier I imagine.

The reason there are alternate spellings is that in arabic vowels are often not used in the writing of many words, so we don't directly translate the words into English but try to write the arabic word as it would be pronounced. This opens the door to multiple but correct spellings, such as osama and usama to describe bin laden or bin ladin.

Anyways, whoever wants to attack Israel better watch out, they will lose like everyone else that has attacked that state. Found this a week or so ago, thought about posting it to ATS, but here's a link to some very interesting stuff about Angels in this realm helping Israel.

Divine intervention

Israel's history of Divine Miracles

It is the Arab soldiers themselves that report these sightings, they should remember these things and try to make peace asap.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

This isn't an ATS or presstv prediction. Israel stated months ago that SCUDS transferred to Syria will result in airstrikes in Lebanon and Syria.

Perhaps more background reading is needed before taking any doomsday threat that appears everyday here too seriously. Most are nonsense, and the Iran threat will be repeated until war happens or a peaceful resolution is found.

I do hope nothing happens, but nobody is making wild predictions with this one (unless they're expecting Iran, Russia or China to step in.... yet). The history of accusations and threats between Israel & Syria have a detailed timeline of events over the past year or so, and this crisis hasn't just appeared overnight, which is why the King of Jordan says war is imminent.

Hopefully a deal can be struck and missiles returned back to Syria and in return Israel gives back some land. It worked in 1962 where the US and Soviets reached a deal, so why not here in 2010 in Israel & Syria.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ok, your on, and we'll see how she shake's out, but, if your right, all's well that end's well, and if myself and other's are correct, we may very well at that point, have other thing's on our mind's, like where the nearest recruiting station is...

Notice i didn't say bunker, I tend to run toward's fire's.... old habit I guess...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yeah but not against a nuclear power. Not if the nucleapr power REALLY wanted to win....just sayin.

Follks like to say Hezbo won against Israel in 2006. I say yeah they made a good fight of it but it was like they fought Israel who had two hands and a foot tied behind their back.

On a side note, history has shown us that its always possible for the weaker army to prevail over the stronger enemy with the right strategy.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I hope the United States, Europe and much of the world are proud of the monsters they have created in the middle east.

Israel, Iran and Syria.

Sit back and watch them burn, you elitist bastards.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Worth noting , assuming it hasn't already been mentioned , is that Syria and Iran have signed a mutual defense treaty i.e will defend one another if the other is attacked .

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
LOL and when one side is being pulverized, we'll see how that piece of paper stands up!! Me thinks not very well.

Originally posted by Max_TO
Worth noting , assuming it hasn't already been mentioned , is that Syria and Iran have signed a mutual defense treaty i.e will defend one another if the other is attacked .

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Deleted Post

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

That would give trigger happy McCain something to be happy about if Iran played into their hands and commit suicide altogether.

Iran's only support would consistent of a small arms, grenades etc, and not any significant man-power or heavy weapons. Possibly still enough to eventually provoke a heavy response.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL and when one side is being pulverized, we'll see how that piece of paper stands up!! Me thinks not very well.

Opinion stated as fact much ? you do know iran has cruise missiles and jets that can actually fly in the dark (unlike iraq)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think it is good for peace, maybe now we will be more enclined to hear and ask questions first, because they have big guns too.

Excessive power often obliterate the need to talk.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by gagol]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is very miss leading

It would seem only the US has confired an allegation from Israel (where else)
that Hezbullah has Scuds.

Hezbullah has not confimed anything.

The News appears to have come from Israel and not the US, and the US
is acting solely on the News it got from Israel.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Wow "HIzbullah"

Are they trying to make Hezbollah sound ugly? Because their spelling sucks.

Where do people get scud missiles nowadays?

You realize that Hezbollah is an Arabic word right??? It means "party of God". Arabic is not spelled with Latin letters... It doesn't really have vowels in between the letters, they are just markings above the consonants, and they only give a general idea of what sound to make, but it changes depending on the word.

For instance, why do you think it's acceptable to spell Muhammad in like 4 different ways... Muhammad, Mohammad, Mohammed, Muhammed... All are acceptable ways of spelling it.. In the original Quran (before vowels were added later), it was simply spelled "MHMD". Even when most people write Arabic, it doesn't have any vowel marks written at all!

So don't worry so much about the spelling of words that are derived from Arabic... It's all subjective. It's not worth being a spelling Nazi about when there is literally NO correct way of spelling it, unless you type it in the original language!

[edit on 15-4-2010 by denialofignoranceattack]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join