It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizbullah confirms report it received scud missiles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Gaza operation started like from blue sky, you remember?

Actually on Christmas day and boxing day (just before the last gaza war), on the BBC, Israel were warning hamas over and over again, and warning they were stronger and would crush them in a war if they didn't stop firing rockets.

Israel have already warned Hezbollah and Syria plenty of times, and I doubt they'll give much warning before vapourising these scuds on the launch pad.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think it might be the real deal this time...
from yesterday..Jordan's King Says Israel-Hezbollah-Lebanon War May Be "Imminent"

According to one attendee in the session, "the King's message was sobering." King Abdullah seemed significantly concerned that conflict was about to break out again between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by order in chaos

Situation is not same now than 2008 anymore. Israel is ready to fight both - Syria and Lebanon same time - also West Bank and Gaza will be fused to aggressions, but will other nations look that from side this time?

Yes I agree with you completely. This time, the situation that is unfolding in middle east is far more dangerous. This time around, Hezbollah's patrons i.e Syria and Iran are ready for a conflict with Israel as well. Turkey's PM Erdogan has made a substantial shift towards Iran and Syria. Hence, there is a danger of a wider regional war in the middle east. I think that because of such colossal ramifications of an another conflict, Washington might be trying to maintain the fragile peace on the Northern Israeli border. Whether this can lead to reduction of tensions is uncertain at this point of time.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by JanusFIN

Gaza operation started like from blue sky, you remember?

Actually on Christmas day and boxing day (just before the last gaza war), on the BBC, Israel were warning hamas over and over again, and warning they were stronger and would crush them in a war if they didn't stop firing rockets.

Israel have already warned Hezbollah and Syria plenty of times, and I doubt they'll give much warning before vapourising these scuds on the launch pad.

That would end the whole mess quite neatly, since Hezbollah would be once again reduced to no options, and after all the buildup they and Syria would be left looking rather stupid. It would be too easy, though. This will end in mass destruction, I fear.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

This will end in mass destruction, I fear.

Probably, because Syria won't be stupid enough to leave them all visible from the air, and only one scud launched with chemical/bio would escalate it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
False alarm...

Syria denies supplying Scuds to Hezbollah

english.ruvr.ru...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by airlouche
False alarm...

Syria denies supplying Scuds to Hezbollah

english.ruvr.ru...

But they already confirmed that they delivered them! Do they think we're stupid enough that they can throw any sort of crap story out there that directly contradicts what they said earlier and people will fall for it just because it's what they want?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
www.jpost.com...

according to the Wall Street Journal, the IDF came very close recently to attacking a convoy carrying weapons from Syria to Lebanon, but at the last moment decided against it.

According to the Kuwaiti daily Al-Rai, Israel sent warnings to Syria through Turkey and Qatar that it would “bomb Lebanese and Syrian targets in case the missiles crossed the border and reached Hizbullah.”

In related news, Col. Ronen Cohen, former head of the Northern Front in Military Intelligence and the current chief intelligence officer for the IDF’s Central Command, said in a research paper that an Israeli bombing of Lebanese national infrastructure would likely unite the Lebanese people behind Hizbullah and its leader, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I dont know what to think, there is so much mystery, lies and propanganda surrounding the middle east. It's impossible to know the truth and what really is the aganda of Israel.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Look for at least 2 us navy Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruisers to take up positions off the northern coast of Israel.
There Standard surface-to-air missiles are capable of taking out scuds.
www.fas.org...

SM-2, SM-3 are surface to air. good against scuds.
And the SM-4 can take out the launchers.
www.deagel.com...

The US Navy needs some combat testing on the Standard surface-to-air missiles and knocking down scuds would be a good test.
It would be even better if they did it over Lebanon where the remains of the Scud would fall back down on Hezbollah.

So the scuds will have to get through a gauntlet of RIM-161 Standard missiles, the US/Israeli PAC-3 Patriot missiles, and the Israeli/US Arrow missiles.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Its not so much matter what anyone says at this moment - any claim or denial doesnt remove that fact that rumor is already out - "Scud" - is a terrible word to used in media because of its echoes from last decade, when it was widely used to cause panic in Israel.

There is a war from our minds - decissions from going to war have been done long time a go, and now we just will se how it will be marketed to wide public. Media campaign in Israeli media goes something like this:

"WMD" - Iran
"SCUD" - Syria
"TERRORIST" - Lebanon
"HAMAS" - Gaza

To grow fear there is synonyms witch will affect causing panic and hope for government actions to make that fear go away.

"HOLOCAUST" - Never again!
"ANNIHILATION" - Wide arab dream against Jews and Israel
"INTIFADA" - Palestians are preparing it
"JIHAD" - Anything they do is against us

Repeated all over again - so it works.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Let us not forget here that Israel just warned its citizens about what it considered a serious terrorist action against them in Eygpt.

1+1+1=

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Another latest main news in Israeli media about "Scuds" ----

Waking up to New Danger from North: Scud Missiles

The Syrian government claimed Israel is using the Scud ballistic missile transfer to try to create an excuse for launching a war. "Israel aims from this to raise tension further in the region and to create an atmosphere for probable Israeli aggression," the Syrian Foreign Ministry said in a statement

The U.S., however, is not happy with the Syrian transfer of missiles to Lebanon - and an expert says Israel will have to take action.

Prof. Eyal Zisser, head of the Dayan Center for Middle Eastern Studies in Tel Aviv University, told Arutz-7 that the news requires Israel to make some difficult decisions. “There’s no question that the transfer of [these missiles] is an escalation,” Zisser said. “These Scuds are more precise than those that Saddam Hussein launched at us in the Gulf War of 1991, and they have a longer range as well.”

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There is no doubt war with these countries is on the horizon. If i remember correctly, everytime Netanyahoo gets into power he's looking for blood. I hope this doesn't flare up into something nasty, but history tells us that it will unfortunately. Kooks like Benny need to be put in their place once and for all. I'm not saying syria/lebanon are innocent in this either. But I'm sure they are sick of having to resort to defending themselves against this rabid dog.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Hizbullah confirms report it received scud missiles
By JPOST
15/04/2010 13:37

Hizbulah officials say they received a new delivery of long-range scud missiles which places all of Israel within its reach, Israel Radio reported Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

That IS the entire 'article'. One sentence.

The lack of details strikes me as odd. I doubt they'd conceal the identities of these 'officials' to protect them, and Israel publications are the last place i'd look for reliable news about their enemies. I'll wait until i hear it from Hezbollah themselves.

This isn't me taking sides, either. Just being rational. You can't take anything said by either side at face value. I require facts.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

Here is some... Tons of this can be found: AS MAIN NEWS!

Hizbullah admits receiving Syrian scuds

Hizbullah sources confirmed Thursday that the terror group received a shipment of Scud missiles from Syria, the Kuwaiti paper Al-Rai reported.

According to the report, the missiles were claimed to be old and unusable. Hizbullah also accused Israel of blowing the incident out of proportion in order to provoke a media ruckus.

The sources added, "Our organization has many surface-to-surface missiles spread across all of Lebanon, in case Israel attacks the country again.”

In spite of this confirmation, the Syrian Foreign Ministry denied the reports, saying Israel was trying to stoke tensions in the Middle East and could be setting the stage for a possible Israeli "aggression" to avoid Middle East peace requirements.

Thursday's Syrian statement comes after President Shimon Peres accused Syria of supplying the Lebanese guerrillas with Scuds for the first time.

Israeli defense officials also have said they believe Hizbullah has Scud missiles, and that their introduction could alter the strategic balance with the Islamic guerrilla group.

In an effort to prevent a new conflict, Al-Rai reported Monday that the US State Department summoned the Syrian ambassador in Washington, Imad Mustafa, and warned him that war could break out if the weapons shipments were not stopped.

At the same time, according to the Wall Street Journal, the IDF came very close recently to attacking a convoy carrying weapons from Syria to Lebanon, but at the last moment decided against it.

The possibility that Syria would transfer Scud missiles to Hizbullah is not a new fear in the Israeli defense establishment.

According to the Kuwaiti daily Al-Rai, Israel sent warnings to Syria through Turkey and Qatar that it would “bomb Lebanese and Syrian targets in case the missiles crossed the border and reached Hizbullah.”

In related news, Col. Ronen Cohen, former head of the Northern Front in Military Intelligence and the current chief intelligence officer for the IDF’s Central Command, said in a research paper that an Israeli bombing of Lebanese national infrastructure would likely unite the Lebanese people behind Hizbullah and its leader, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah.

www.jpost.com...

Syrian Missile Crisis: Is War Coming?

The Center for New American Security's Andrew Exum warns, "everyone hold your breath. Because this is how wars start."

www.theatlanticwire.com...

- And another one...

Syria began to train Hizbullah to operate Scuds in late 2009

www.worldtribune.com...

- More?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Rival Lebanese politicians on Thursday postponed to June 3 talks on a national defence strategy amid alarm in the United States and Israel over reports the militant group Hezbollah was boosting its arsenal.

The 14 politicians from the Western-backed ruling majority and the opposing camp led by Hezbollah and supported by Syria and Iran met at the presidential palace for nearly three hours

i bet israel attacks before that meeting...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How else did you expect Israel to react? I mean as far as I know, the only purpose of having a scud in Lebanon would be to use it against Israel. I doubt Hizbullah would use it against any other country in the vicinity. With the amount of rockets that come flying out of the region into Israel, I'd be worried as well.

It's almost humorous that Syria is acting like it did nothing wrong or had any bad intentions with the transfer of the scud.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Clisen33]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If there is a war in the Midle East, it will be a good thing for the U.S. Wars are economically profitable when they are done by others in foreign countries. The U.S will sell tons of weapons to all the parties involved and cash in on every bullet that is fired. When the war is over, they will "offer their services" and make a ton of money by getting contracts for reconstruction.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Scuds are outdated missiles of little military use. Other than their undeserved reputation from the first Gulf War, they cannot his a specific target, and are nothing more than a terror weapon. One such firing against israel, however, would provide the necessary excuse to begin an air campaign against Syria and Lebannon.

Considering the damages they received from the RPGs and anti-tank missiles in their last ground excursion into Lebannon, I would expect that they would essentially exploit their tremendous superiority in airpower to pound their enemies in the same way we did before DESERT STORM. Iraqs military forces were devastated, with little risk or loss to our forces, and this would be the most beneficial scenario for the Israelis.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join