It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army to Court Martial "Birther" Officer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Looks like a Court Martial ( Military Court) ahead!
I din't think this poor guys stands much of a chance since it won't be difficult for the Army to prove Obama is legally The President.

AND I don't think it will convince any of the obsessed "birthers", so let the charges of cover up begin!

Army to Court Martial "Birther" Officer

The rules of Court are different than Civil Court. UH UH!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
He got his 5 minutes of fame then tossed his life to the wolves.

And this is supposed to be an educated man? Must have been real scared a something...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Personally, i think its ridiculously obvious Obama is not an American-Born citizen. But at the same time, trying to officially prove it is such a waste of energy. It wouldnt matter in the first place. USA wouldnt say "oops" then kick him out and start fresh. I think its ridiculous people waste their energy complaining about Obama and his birthplace, when he is merely just a puppet. Its just more crap to keep the public's eyes away from whats really going on. Although, I do think its ridiculous to court martial anyone over their opinions. That is the real problem here.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Obama has proved his US citizenship.

This is such a lame conspiracy. I hope they throw the book at this guy.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigami
Although, I do think its ridiculous to court martial anyone over their opinions. That is the real problem here.

I dont think they're court martialing him due to his opinions
but rather, refusing orders to deploy

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Even in a courts martial, they have to prove he is guilty of disobeying a lawful order. I'm sure the Lt. Col. will subpoena Obama's long form birth certificate. Won't this mean that the Army will have to trot out the long form birth certificate held in Hawaii? If so, it should settle the "birther" issue once and for all.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Even in a courts martial, they have to prove he is guilty of disobeying a lawful order.

You're right. But they don't have to prove that Obama is lawfully the president. All they have to prove is that Lakin disobeyed the president. They don't have to cater to Lakin's fantasies and MAKE him believe that Obama is president.

If a man kills his wife because he believed she was cheating, they don't have to prove to him that she wasn't cheating. He still disobeyed the law.

Don't get your hopes up for this put the birther issue to rest. It will do no such thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Although, I do think its ridiculous to court martial anyone over their opinions. That is the real problem here.

Not court-martialled for his opinions. Court-martialled for refusing to report for deployment. He can have any opinion he wants ... he's just required to follow orders while in the military ... just like everybody else.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Even in a courts martial, they have to prove he is guilty of disobeying a lawful order. I'm sure the Lt. Col. will subpoena Obama's long form birth certificate. Won't this mean that the Army will have to trot out the long form birth certificate held in Hawaii? If so, it should settle the "birther" issue once and for all.

I doubt this is the case. The issue isn't Obama's BC. The issue is the failure of this guy to follow orders. It's not up for him to determine the legitimacy of any of his leaders, including Obama. I would imagine were Obama proved to have been born in Helsinki tomorrow, it would have zero effect on this guy's troubles, nor should it.

If military personnel want the ability to question their leadership and then to act based upon their own personal determinations, they need to wait until their service is done because this isn't tolerated in the military.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

yes, you are correct, my mistake. Even though i may agree with his reason, he still should've put his foot in his mouth and just obeyed orders. While i may be considered a "birther", its such a lowsy subject to get yourself in serious trouble over.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Personally, i think its ridiculously obvious Obama is not an American-Born citizen.

Really? 'Ridiculously obvious' that Obama wasn't born in the US?

Would you like to cite what makes it so obvious? Because there must be something right in the face of the hundreds of millions of Americans that say he was born here, that we seem to be missing. Like me.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

This isnt a thread to prove or disprove his eligibility. But, if you believe only because you've been told to by the government, and because millions of americans share your opinion, or the local news told you, thats what you call a sheep. Stay on topic please.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This isnt a thread to prove or disprove his eligibility. But, if you believe only because you've been told to by the government, and because millions of americans share your opinion, or the local news told you, thats what you call a sheep. Stay on topic please.

Let me translate that;

"I have no proof, and nobody I know that believes he was born outside the US has proof, so I'll have to resort to grasping at straws about a poster inquiring as to my position that I can't defend.

Oh yeah, and I'll call him a sheep. That always works."

There's something called a birth certificate. No, the government didn't tell me that, I saw the picture of the actual document. Yep, the EXIF showed it wasn't run through any data processing/modified program.

Last point, how is this not on topic? It's about the same subject the topic is about. Lol, bro. Lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Good to see you again. I should have guessed you'd show up for this

I have to disagree. Consider a situation where someone is impersonating an officer. They buy a uniform, walk on a base, and start giving orders. If you suspect they may not be who they claim, you're within you rights to have them establish their identity before you follow their orders. Usually, a military ID is sufficient, unless you have reason to believe it's fake. Then you could ask your immediate superior or someone else to confirm their identity, whatever. It's just common sense.

In this case, from what I understand, he is questioning Obama's qualifications to be Commander in Chief. He's wrong, I think, but he does have the right to present his case, and to subpoena evidence to support it, namely the vaulted BC.

What I find interesting here is that in the prior cases where they tried to take it to court, the plantiffs were told they had no legal standing to see the vaulted BC. I think it would be harder to make that argument here.

I wish I didn't have to play pool tonight. It's going to be an interesting thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Your the reason I hate to post in these particular threads. While others who replied to me may disagree with my opinion, they kept it to themselves. Why? Because proving me wrong about his eligibility is NOT part of this topic "BRO". And in know way did i ever try to prove the believers of his eligibility wrong. The funny thing is, we agree that its stupid in the first place...so why attack?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Show me a Constitutional requirement to "produce a long form birth certificate".
There is none. Obama, Congres and everyone involved in the electoral process has met their legal, Constitutional requirements!
Obama IS the President.
You "birthers" have been fed a line of horsepucky by WND and other right wingers that cannot abide a Democrat in office. You have fallen for propaganda, plain and simple.
SHOW ME THE CONSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENT TO SHOW A "LONG FORM" ANYTHING!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Consider a situation where someone is impersonating an officer.
Then you could ask your immediate superior or someone else to confirm their identity, whatever.

The difference being that Obama's identity has been confirmed. He IS the Commander in Chief and has been for 16 months now. There is no doubt that the person whom we elected is the same person who gave these orders.

He's wrong, I think, but he does have the right to present his case, and to subpoena evidence to support it, namely the vaulted BC.

Lakin has the right to present his case and supporting documents, it's true, but Obama's long form BC does NOT support his case. In fact, it is just the opposite. Lakin would have to present something that DID support his case, like a Kenyan BC or something. He can't demand that Obama prove his fantasies incorrect. He has no right to see Obama's long form BC.

What I find interesting here is that in the prior cases where they tried to take it to court, the plantiffs were told they had no legal standing to see the vaulted BC. I think it would be harder to make that argument here.

You would be incorrect. Lakin also has no legal standing to view Obama's personal documents.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There is another side to all this.

I understand about half the Pentagon and military brass are not at all happy with Obama and all the still unanswered questions about his origin and personal history.

Maybe when this reaches the Court Martial stage, the Court may well determine that there is in fact a case for the defendant not obeying an order he believes to be unlawful.
It is then up to the Court to unambiguously determine the facts.

The Court may then order Obama to produce any relevant documentation to prove his legitimacy as Commander in Chief.

Obama and his lawyers can duck and weave and stall, but he may find that a lot more difficult to do if a high profile properly empowered military Court demands the documents be produced.

Someone is being set up here by the military, maybe it is Obama ?

[edit on 14/4/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
He got his 5 minutes of fame then tossed his life to the wolves.

And this is supposed to be an educated man? Must have been real scared a something...

No actually he is a smart officer... he believes in the constitution and not the guy in the oval office... and that takes more guts than most ten men have...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's a damn shame that they are going to court marshal a patriot. Then agan with Hitler ... oops I ment Obama in office I am not supprised. Those of you that may take that as a racist remark ... A Tyrant is a Tyrant.

All militiary personel swore an Oath to Defend the Constitution for the united States against all enimies whether foreign or domestic.

It just so happens that we have a Foreign born Domestic Enemy of the Supreme Law of the Land. The uS Constitution!

I salute this brave Soldier for his valor and integrety in the trying times!

God Bless America!

Molon Labe

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join