It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Yes i agree there is quite a difference. I hope you don't mind WESTCOAST but i borrowed your picture to compare to the one i've just taken today.

Here is WESTCOAST picutre from 21/04.....[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbcea223fee8.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is my picture from today 22/04....[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7884f5e8dd3.png[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It looks like its having a right old blowout on the cams now. Beautiful sight to see, apart from the anoying peace of cloud thats right infront of the plume

Well the plume is now in full view, mighty brilliant mother nature

[edit on 22/4/10 by boo1981]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow!! Just WOW!! Best view I have seen yet from the webcam. It is so exciting to watch that in 'almost' real time!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm with you on that one, absolutely awesome display of natural power, very lucky to be able to just sit here and watch it!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Love your avatar gal! Wonderful artwork there

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Oh, Thank You so much - but I am not the artist - PennyQ did if for me - she's awesome! told me to let any of you to let her know if they needed one. But - imagine this - i actually did do the download/upload myself - which to me is big
lol

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yes I know this is off topic, but so are many of the posts on this thread. Just had to post because the replies number was 665 and I felt a need to be number 666. I don't believe in any of that 666 means the devil stuff just felt like being the one to get it there.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thank you more than you will ever know for that - i have a number thing - had i started flapping my fingers and made another post - which i didn't realize would have been that number until after the fact - well - then you all could expect katla to go within moments - again - thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I thank you as well, I was about to reply to AnMarie's post but got distracted. I, too have a "thing" for 666... if that number comes up at grocery store I will take something off or add something to it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have a thing for 333 and 33 and 3, every time I look a the clock its xx:33 numbers eh?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OK, back on topic

Last night I watched "How The Earth was Made" on History Channel and it was all about Iceland. I didn't realize that Iceland is being torn in two. I was quite amazed and the whole hour I was glued to the TV. If you all can find that somewhere, maybe historychanneldotcom? you should see it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There it is on Youtube.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

Thank you so much for finding that! Everyone should watch it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
She's still throwing bombs this morning...

lovely sight via Valahnuk right now... colour of eruption has changed somewhat, don't you think? It's showing bright white at times - getting busy, too!

Now it's turning green and purple... is this telling us something about the mineral make-up of what is being heated?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Wow, you're right

I haven't seen these colours on Valahnuk before

awesome!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

I was curious about the lava being so much brighter tonight too! I thought it was my monitor. I tried googling the relationship between lava brightness and composition. I could be totally wrong, as I'm a completely new to this, but I found this on Orgegon State's website:

Andesite: Volcanic rock (or lava) characteristically medium dark in color and containing 54 to 62 percent silica and moderate amounts of iron and magnesium.

Basalt: Volcanic rock (or lava) that characteristically is dark in color, contains 45% to 54% silica, and generally is rich in iron and magnesium.

Dacite: Volcanic rock (or lava) that characteristically is light in color and contains 62% to 69% silica and moderate a mounts of sodium and potassium.

Rhyolite: Volcanic rock (or lava) that characteristically is light in color, contains 69% silica or more, and is rich in potassium and sodium.

I guess the lighter colored rock is associated with the evolution of basalt to possibly dacite volcanic rock. Although I wasn't able to find an update on recent silica content, I did find the Nordic Volcanological Center, from the initial eruption to the 16th, noted an increase in silica content of 47% - 58%, and the potential evolution in lava characteristics here

No idea if this is in fact what's causing the lighter color, but would love to know the answer myself! Sages where are you?

And now I must go to sleep...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Zoom in on the Poro cam - look to the SSW of the eruption - a glow emanates every second or so... I asked this on eruptions blog too. Lava flow or new vent?

Re colour - those in eruptions blog seem to think it's a cam/system glitch causing the colours. However, people noticing same colours on two cams.. not sure what is is myself but noticed it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

haven't seen the glow yet BUT
the lava is glowing blue and violet for me
you seeing that?

oh now its red and green

hmmm seeing strange colours here

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yeah the colours are beautiful - really not sure of reason but suspect it's probably the cam glitch theory.

Re the glow I'm seeing below left side of eruption - it's definitely there but comes and goes every few frames or so (slow loading here). EDIT - it's most apparent after a big blow out... you need the eruption to be about an inch in size on your screen to see it..

I've seen what looks like a flow from the left hand side of crater, too, but need to stare more intently for a while yet before I'm certain

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I didn't draw that line very well, was in a hurry but
I am expecting that area to collapse soon

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44d51c6a35d7.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join