It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Iran wants to destroy Israel and the world remains silent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

yeap and Israels leader is a stand up person
who makes sure everything in Palestine is suger coated and rainbows

so much BS in reply i have seen

i like Curio.
Hes right about all of them

What? What are you talking about? I never stated "Palestine is sugar coated and rainbows."

So I'm not sure where you got that conclusion from my post................care to share?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The reality of the situation is that most Arab countries would be perfectly happy with Israel sitting right where it is, doing exactly what it's doing, and at the same time the entire Iranian regime going away......

1. Arab countries, with the exception of Syria and possibly Libya, see the Iranian leadership as unstable exporters of terrorism and Shia extremism - 2 things that no Arab country wants within their own borders. Iraqis and Saudi especially would love to see the Iranians disappear.

2. The Israelis are the Palestinians jailers. A role to which (outwardly) the Arabs decry, but (inwardly) keeps them relieved that the mass of ex-Jordanian and Syrian squatters are not inside their own borders, and the Israelis have to deal with them. There is a reason the Arabs want a Palestinian state, because they don't want Palestinians in their own precious states. The Arabs are not fools - they know exactly who and what the Palestinians are.....

3. Most Arab countries have surprisingly good (albeit quiet) relations with Israel. Trade, relations, and even some limited intelligence sharing exists to a degree that most people might not realize. Israel tries hard to respect and protect it's own Arab population, and it generally doesn't mess around with Islamic holy sites, including the Temple Mount. While most Arabs probably don't care for the Israelis, I'm sure they would rather have them next door than Iran and the looneys that run that show.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
The truth is that if the world did become indifferent to Israel, it would be in no small part down to Netanyahu's actions. The man is a dangerous plonker &, like many other ME politicians, ought to be in jail.

Bullsh*t!

Where did all you Jew haters come from?

Israel should do whatever they deem necessary to ensure that "NEVER AGAIN!" means what it says.

Look guys, the Israeli Internet Defense Force!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
..we have our own problems, as much as it pains me to say it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i dont hate jews. i just hate zionists, isreal, the isreali government, people who think the holocaust was real, jewish banks, the jewish media, zionist sympathizers, and anything else that allows me to hate jews indirectly while allowing myself to not directly say i hate jews.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

You must really hate a lot. You know, hate causes impotency.

Seriously. Stop playing the hate card here, folks. We have a right as humans to criticize every government, regardless of race, religion and whatnot, if we feel they misbehave. Israel is NOT an exception!

Anti-semitism isn't a factor here. Misbehaving politicians are.

Edit to correct myself: Misbehaving politicians, or rather, conflicting political points of view. Some may agree with what Netanyahu is doing, and that's fine. But it's also fine that some of us DO NOT agree with his decisions.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
If Iran were to nuke Tel-Aviv
I bet that would shut him up

If anyone nuked anyone,the last thing it would do is shut them up.

They are in a secure deep bunker remember.They would be most vocal,and such an event could allow a regime to do pretty much what ever it wanted,gloves off as they say.

Any nukes on Israel would be game over for most of the middle east IMO.
The samson option is not a joke.

However I doubt Iran wants to deploy nukes against Israel-For it would lead to their downfall and takeover by the globalist elite.

This is something they will not risk IMO.
Who knows..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Right on, use the past to predict the future. Good one. Now will the "free world" stand up? Probly still no. Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's amazing how many anti-Semites come to this site.

just shut up and join a neo nazi party already.

you disgust me and MAJORITY of the world.

Oh my, the drama...

Anti-Semitic, because I don't believe we should spit on international law just because some whacko says he wants to wipe Israel off the map? We know Iran hates Israel. That's no revelation. I just said that although I'm not in favor of a nuclear Iran....

1) We can't stop it without tromping all over sovereignty and international law
and
2) What would happen if we, the US, took "action" against every national leader that disagreed, or even hated us?

By all means, if you have a different solution...let's hear it...

*sounds of crickets...*

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Coming from a country that already has nuclear arms it means nothing.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

As far as I know creed and nation are two totally different things. By that reasoning all Catholics where Mussolini supporters.

Condemning Israel for potentially dragging the world into what is sure to be full scale nuclear war is anti-semitic?

I don't hate the Jews, I just wish your nation would stop being so hypocritical.
As a Christian I am all but required to love the Jews as my brothers (although they most likely would not return the courtesy nor would they spit on me if I was on fire)

As far as the way it looks Israel is going to attack Iran, not the other way around. So who's the bully in that scenario?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Netanyahu's comment comes a day after Sen. Lieberman on Fox News Sunday predicted that Obama would not get the votes needed to pass his nuclear arms reduction treaty with Russia unless there were "significant modifications" to the administration's approach...

And what were Lieberman's objections? 1. That the U.S. commit to modernizing its nuclear stockpile. 2. Ensure that Russia does not pull out of the treaty if the U.S. continues to build ballistic missile defense in Europe. >>> Why is #2 an issue to him? Because "We need that defense to protect our allies and ourselves from Iran."

Alarmist to say the least...... Here's a bit of a comparison:

U.S. military expenditures: (*approximate - subject to source and dates)

$680+ billion = ~ 4.1% of GDP (not counting other defense expenditures such as Energy Dept [where nuke budget is tucked in], Veterans Affairs...etc... >> bringing total U.S. defense spending to $1.0 - $1.2 trillion per year)... Ranking 1st in the world in $ amount... That $680+ billion part is equivalent to roughly 41.5% of total world expenditures. Factor in the $1.0 trillion and U.S. defense spending is more than the rest of the world combined. 

Add the above to military expenditures of all U.S. close allies, and we're talking some major toys to play with in military arsenals to "protect our allies and ourselves from Iran."

- Versus -

Iran's military expenditures: (*approximate - subject to source and dates)

~ $7. 7billion = ~ 2.5% of its GDP..... Ranking it 22nd (in terms of $ amount) and Ranking it 67th in the world (in terms of GDP %) 

In addition: Iran spends much less than its Middle Eastern neighbors.

Not to mention less than half of what Israel spends on "defense."

Conclusion: I'm scared. Both Netanyahu and Lieberman have a point. We only have the capability to destroy every square inch of Iran 10,000 times over. We need to expand our capability to destroy every square millimeter of Iran 100,000 times over.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Israel should do whatever they deem necessary to ensure that "NEVER AGAIN!" means what it says.

Israel should do as it's told and nothing more. There is a New World Order and Israel sits just above the Arabs and well below any western country, and quite a few others like India and Russia and China.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic

What if a low yield nuke were to go off in Damascus Syria?

Do you think the horrific aftermath and lesson learned would prevent Iran from using Nukes against Israel?

Israel could retaliate on every unfriendly border nation with strategically placed low yield (low fallout) nukes.

Mr Crazy Azz! There maybe in theory low yeild nukes with the hypothetical low fallout. To me this is just marketing tactics. No nuclear weapon has the so called low fallout principle.

I cant believe you think this is the case. I mean correct me if im wrong, but im quite confident your mistaken.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I agree with what some of the serious responses have portrayed, but to joke about WAR is should be a criminal offence, OH YEAH I FORGOT IT ALREADY IS THAT's WHY I'M HERE

I just pray the the GOOD US of A merica, has the STRENGTH to keep themselves safe from the onslaught that SATAN no doubt has for ALL of US.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Versalife27001Reaper]

Also I abide in Obama cause he was handpicked by AMerica for America and even though there are many that cannot look his way he really does have right intentions. Just have to see through with him that's all.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Versalife27001Reaper]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Israel should do as it's told and nothing more. There is a New World Order and Israel sits just above the Arabs and well below any western country, and quite a few others like India and Russia and China.

Do you put yourself above Jesus cause he read what you just said and now your are responsible to show yourself to everyone.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versalife27001Reaper
Do you put yourself above Jesus cause he read what you just said and now your are responsible to show yourself to everyone.

The rainbow serpent would disagree.

I don't mean any disrespect that's just the way things are. Demanding the world do anything when you're a minor power with a small population and economy that depends on the support of rich nations like mine is a little patronising to say the least.

Lets not forget in the big scheme of things Israel is not a major player and never will be. Quite frankly if it was up to me I'd support the Arabs instead. At least they have money and oil that can benefit us through trade, what does Israel have?

Israel is very quickly becoming a liability and should be cut loose.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well, the Israelis have been treating the Palestinians just like the Germans treated the Jews. Israel is constantly taking money from the United States to build their war machine and relies heavily on us for additional funding. If they can't handle their own business with the amount of human rights abuses that they have perpetrated against other people and cannot take care of themselves after all of our funding, then why should anyone care whether Iran wants to take them down or not???

Personally, I am completely sick of world politics and our politicians constantly making war in the name of God, profit, and religion (Yes, God and religion are two separate things.) because the only people who suffer the consequences are the soldiers and the civilians.

No more. This has completely gotten out of hand and the last thing that America needs is to engage in another war, especially to support another empire who subjugates the poor and defenseless.

Personally I don't want to see anyone get hurt, so, maybe we should just pull the plug on our little brothers (Israel) and force them to defend themselves for once. Its easy when they pick on people who cannot wage war against them, and now they're worried that they bit off a little more than they could chew.

Well...I say chew away.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by Versalife27001Reaper

The rainbow serpent would disagree.

I don't mean any disrespect that's just the way things are. Demanding the world do anything when you're a minor power with a small population and economy that depends on the support of rich nations like mine is a little patronising to say the least.

Lets not forget in the big scheme of things Israel is not a major player and never will be. Quite frankly if it was up to me I'd support the Arabs instead. At least they have money and oil that can benefit us through trade, what does Israel have?

Israel is very quickly becoming a liability and should be cut loose.

Their whole nation and their psychotic Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu need serious MENTAL HELP

All they do is cause war and spew hypocrisy.

Israel is absolutely positively NOT the "Holy land" Rather the "WAR MONGERING LAND"

my 2 cents...I'm sick of the zionist and their delusional beliefs.

Israel and the zionist need psychiatric help - IMMEDIATELY

I don't want to waste my tax dollars over some raging sicko delusional hypocritical good for nothing PSYCHOPATH.

First step of israeli leaders - admit yourself into the psychiatric ER -

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Kingdom of darkness]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Am I in the twilight zone?

I'm pretty sure all I've heard is that Israel wants to destroy Iran. From it's leaders, from some of it's people. Rarely, if ever, do I hear about Iran wanting to destroy Israel. Ahmedinejad was taken out of context with that "quote" they keep repeating for the past few years.

Israel, on the other hand, never shuts the f** up about how "the world needs to take action".. or in other words, war or war-like sanctions against Iran.

Gee.. Hypocrisy much?

Makes me sick to my stomach, and makes me even sicker to know that my country not only allies with warmongerers like Israel, but is a warmongerer itself. Sad.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join