It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Iran wants to destroy Israel and the world remains silent

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Nobody in the history of the world has done more for peace than Israel.. You can flame all you like but its true...

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
No need for flaming
But please give examples
I'm anxious to hear them
Thx in advance!

i would like to see an answer to this aswell
what has israel done and doing for peace?

Israel are still building on occupied territory and continue to do so.
they are happy about bulsozing Palestinian graves for Shopping centers but when its a jewish graveyard it brings hospital expansions to a hault.
and so forth

enlighten us?

what is israel doing for peace apart from screaming Iran wants to kill them

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I can appreciate what you said, but you still haven't answered the questions. Tell US what the average joe Israeli wants. I have read the comments at Haaretz and jpost articles. There is ALOT of support for the actions of the Israeli government. If this is the people of Israel talking in their own words, how are we not supposed to take them at face value? Why aren't there more people speaking out about the situation? Yourself and ZeroKnowledge are 2 people who have lived/are living in Israel that do not 100% condone the actions taking place there. Where are the rest?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

I noticed you did absolutley nothing to answer his post and the questions he raised. You just deflected his VALID questions with accusations of him wanting little Israeli babies to die. Do you want Palestinian babies to die? Do you support the way the Palestinian people are treated? How about Iran? Do you think their babies should die because of bad politics between Israel and Iran?

You say you have "on the ground" knowledge, if that is true, then share it. Convince us of why Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and the Palestinian people are bad. Convince why Israel's constant aggression to it's neighbours is justified.

Israel offered to make Palestinians full partners... Citizens.... Yasser refused .... Even though medics would STILl be looking after them... Then people like me give up our houses and communities that WE built... To have to live in tents in Israel for peace....

I had to give my HOUSE away.. Would you do that? Would you walk away from the house and community you built to live in a tent??

Then they throw rockets again... My daughter has to spend half her life in a bomb shelter.. She has PTSD..... I had to return to England....

You have one side of the story... And then that gets blown up further by idiots on both sides...

Most Israelis have NO control... Like those controlled by Hamas...

It seems to me that evil men on both sides need to be taken out... YOUR government too!!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Would I give my house up? In all honesty, I am not sure. I don't live somewhere that it would be an issue. But you are not the only one who has lost a house. At least you got to give your up willingly, the Palestinians that used to live where the Israeli settlements are, didn't have the choice.

While I cannot sympathize with your plight (not because I don't want to, but because I have never been in that situation), I do realize that for the average Israeli just trying to live life, they never asked for this. I think more people need to see the human side of the situation from all the people involved. I am not an American, I am a Canadian, so while there is still blood on our hands, it is not nearly as bad as most Western countries.

This is not a shot at you, just a question that bothers me. If most people in Israel do not want problems with the various neighbours of Israel, why do they keep electing governments that take a super hardline?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

But the fact remains that the Jewish state of Israel is a country with its own infrastructure and defense...

Please tell us why you refer to the Jewish state of Israel ?

I thought Israel was home to many different races, religions and cultures.... or do you see it as just being for Jews ?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Interference....

we were all doing ok before self serving assholes.... This whole thing has been made up by wankers....

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

really need to ask this
why do you always bring up you had to give up your house?
how can anyone symphathise with you on that issue since you bought a home on occupied land, so it wasnt part of Israel in the first place so Israeli settlements shouldnt have been built on that area in the first place either.

if this was within Israeli boarders, my reply would be the complete op of that.

unless you bought it in hopes that you would be a palestian in future if they ever get their country.

also you are right about the goverments that are the issue with these threats
but at the end of the Day they are elected by the people

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

Your statement was:

"Truth is... If you have no real experience of the area then all you have is hearsay.. And then that hearsay will be filtered by your own politics...."

I spent twenty-nine months and twenty-two days in the HELL that most people call Viet Nam. Assigned to SOG-MACV. I was in close combat so much I began to enjoy it, and just barely realized that I'm not supposed to like "running through the jungle cutting off heads". I have also studied much on the history of the mid-east, read the Christian Bible, the Tora and the Koran.

I can speak from this and many more points of experience, and I don't think you would know the truth if it bit you on the ARSE!!!

Those who do not want war will sit down with their adversary and find a way not to get their childern killed. Those who do not want war will not continually advocate violence toward others. Those who do not want war would be more than happy to find a more favorable place to live rather than take property which is occupied by others with out having legal just grounds.

I know, I know, GOD said this land is for the Hebrews forever and ever. Well, move some where else and leave it to their true decendants. It is as well as proven the shepardic Jews are the true childern of Issac just as much as the many Arabs are the decendants of Ishmael.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by hdutton]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Before we came the land was just waste land with buck weed blowing.. We bought that land off arabs fair and square then built on it.. All of a sudden they want the land back... You do the math... Accept the land was bought outright.... Then taken in war..... So we have a double whammy of ownership...

The land was a dry and desolate place before we came.. And now we made something of it they want it back even though we had it before they did.. Who knows the land best??

In the end of the day every concession has been done.. I have even given my own house for peace.. And any wanker who says that is not enough had better give their own hous up for something then live in a tent for 6 months like I did... They have no clue...

So go on... Give your house up that you built and bought... Go live in a tent... For peace... Then see it amount to nothing.. Except PTSD for your kids...
At the moment I could not give a crap about governments... All I care for is my family... If you want to change that then you will die... End of.. And I have been trained by the very best.....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

why would i want to give my home up?
last time i checked it wasnt built on someones elses plot or owned by someone else.

you say it was a waste land but it doesnt excuse you from the fact the land wansnt israels.

the whole we had it before they did thousends of years ago doesnt cut it,

you put your daughter in that position you and the palestinians share the blame for what the child has gone through.

if you cared for your family you could have kept them out of the firing line, (yes i say firing line as thats all israelis and palestinians seem to be good at)

stick to england and the homes you own. atleast then your kids would be better off.
and let them keep their deserlete land as you put it,

one last question why didnt you just buy property within Israeli boaders and get rid of this crap load of hassle?

i will apoligise for going off topic,
and if i sound like a P**k

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Dude I forgive your ignorance.... Gaza land was bought... The Arabs could not wait to be shot of it... I bought land and built my house.. But the Israeli government put us all out for peace.. To be honest I was pissed about that... But also saw what it would do for peace.. I had to live in a tent in Jerusalem for 6 months as id many others.. But we thought it would end up in peace... That did not happen... I had to endure rocket attacks.... It did not bother me coz im a soldier but it bothered my kids.... PTSD.. So I took the command decision and moved back to the UK...

Which im not pissed about coz West Bromwich Albion have just been premoted..... Hence the avatar..

However, as a career soldier from the age of 16 to 37 in the British amy and IDF I can say that time is short.

Madmen rule... I cant wait until people realise that and we can take our planet back.... Amen...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Before we came the land was just waste land with buck weed blowing..

incorrect!

While some advocates of Zionism used it to imply that Palestine was empty of people, that suggestion was contradicted by the reports of many Western visitors

That Palestine was not ‘‘empty’’ (in either the demographic or political sense) soon became clear to some Jewish observers. This was ruefully acknowledged in the telegram sent home by two rabbis from Vienna who visited Palestine in 1898, the year after the First Zionist Congress: ‘‘The bride is beautiful, but she is married to another man.’’
www.religiondispatches.org...

They themselves found it beautiful
Nice commonplace try.

So we have a double whammy of ownership...

Uhhh... No you don't!

The land was a dry and desolate place before we came.. And now we made something of it they want it back even though we had it before they did.. Who knows the land best??

You told me not to comment about palestine because I've never been there then you comment on Palestine and how it was before your grandfather was born?

In the end of the day every concession has been done.. I have even given my own house for peace.. And any wanker who says that is not enough had better give their own hous up for something then live in a tent for 6 months like I did... They have no clue...

Enough with the "i've gave away my house built on illegal land" already

At the moment I could not give a crap about governments... All I care for is my family... If you want to change that then you will die... End of.. And I have been trained by the very best.....

Trained by the best to who?
Starving people who have almost useless rockets with lousy accuracy living inside a wall of an open air prison with robot snipers being pointed at them all the time rebelling against a militarized state?

Dude you hardly have competition
The best at oppressing

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You are a classic example of MSM.... Take word give a word.... Truth is tha the land was waste land... I have signed deeds to prove that... We bought it....

Before us was buckweed and desolation... I have pics and statements to prove that...

I am looking forward to be proven wrong...... Keep it comming ATS... You know what i mean...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Before us was buckweed and desolation... I have pics and statements to prove that...

You have pics?

no you don't!

Prove it
Post it!!!!
Post THEM, post your pics here right now, I can't wait!!!!

I am looking forward to be proven wrong...... Keep it comming ATS... You know what i mean...

Why don't you just say what you mean?

Is this another attempt to refer to this as anti-semitism?

You know sooner or later you will have to define what is anti-semitism
And once you do that, tell me what it's opposite?
What is pro-semitism?

If you call being against expanding illegal settlements, blockading a territory and creating an embargo on it to maintain it's poverty, creating apartheids, destroying businesses, hospitals, assassinating doctors, daily oppression and mass murder as anti-semitism then doesn't that mean that you consider advocating such things as pro-semitism?

Because to anyone with half a brain to consider some of the biggest of evils in this world as pro-semitism would make that belief more anti-semitic than I or anyone else can ever attempt to be.

So tell me, what is pro-semitism.
I will stalk you for the answer to this question, please answer it!!!!

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

You have pics?

no you don't!

Prove it
Post it!!!!
Post THEM, post your pics here right now, I can't wait!!!!

Why don't you just say what you mean?

Is this another attempt to refer to this as anti-semitism?

You know sooner or later you will have to define what is anti-semitism
And once you do that, tell me what it's opposite?
What is pro-semitism?

If you call being against expanding illegal settlements, blockading a territory and creating an embargo on it to maintain it's poverty, creating apartheids, destroying businesses, hospitals, assassinating doctors, daily oppression and mass murder as anti-semitism then doesn't that mean that you consider advocating such things as pro-semitism?

Because to anyone with half a brain to consider some of the biggest of evils in this world as pro-semitism would make that belief more anti-semitic than I or anyone else can ever attempt to be.

So tell me, what is pro-semitism.
I will stalk you for the answer to this question, please answer it!!!!

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ModernAcademia]

Dude the guy is from Israel, who are you to judge him on his appeal especially about their agriculture. Its not the first time i heard about how the Israeli's worked the land and how they did a much better job then their arabic neighbours.
To get back on topic, Syria's move to arm Hezbollah with Scuds, meanwhile Iran is heading to the nuclear club. Netayahu is right about the threat but primarly they should not pass the buck to the US and act themselves, if they can't handle i think NATO should step in an help, because once again Iran is training Taliban making EID's killing our soldiers...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join