It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad wants millions to quit Tehran over quake fears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
ANSWER ME THIS!

Does anyone here seriously think we would invade a country, even Iran, right after they had a huge environmental disaster(earthquake)? I think this would not fly well with the international community. IF ANYTHING, what would happen is what happened with haiti.
There would be a "peaceful invasion"

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I wouldn't say from what I understand that the houses are older and dilapidated, more like real slums about to fall down and really, really over crowded etc.. which is matched with high unemployment and the the same level of drug problems you'd find in any slum, any where in the world (a slum new major drug producers is not good)

Given that (again as I understand it) that most have come to Tehran to find work (London's streets paved with gold type of thing) I am not sure how they will find these people work, or build the industry required to support them, let alone find the capital to build them new housing..

So I honestly do not know... hence find it slighty suspicious..

[edit on 11/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Wow, the people posting on that Yahoo forum are a$$holes. I think it's kind of prudent to move people out of the city and offer them discounts on land, with the increased earthquake activity lately. I am pretty sure that the same people who are calling the president of Iran insane about making a decent move are going to be complaining in about a year about how it was so dumb to build Tehran on a fault line.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

So I honestly do not know... hence find it slighty suspicious..

[edit on 11/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

I do agree with this, but at least you have an open mind about things unlike the people on the Yahoo forum who are just spitting out liberal propoganda pieces without thinking.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Humans are generally reactive as opposed to proactive. This is why many commenters simply can't wrap their heads around this.

But hey, might be something fishy too.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Coincidense?

Same day officials are making decissions and statements from mass deportations - Israel and Iran.

IDF Order Will Enable Mass Deportation From West Bank

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One word comes to my mind when I compare these - "Humanshields", and I dont know why.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think the most amazing thing is that they are actually offering land, loans at 4 percent interest and subsidies for those who choose to leave!

Western goverments would never offer such incentives.

link   
Double post pls delete

[edit on 11-4-2010 by star in a jar]

link   
all i can say is clever move... i will not list my reasons because it will mess up the big plan... but well done, only a few months to go....

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If you really want to make a leap into speculation...

Earthquakes are unpredictable. unless the Iranians have found a way to see into the future?

So it can't be an earthquake really, can it?

If it isn't to reduce the numbers of potential protesters and risk of revolution beginning in Tehran, then what could it be?

Neither Israel or the USA have given any signs of an impending attack on Iran, the global community seems determined to resolve the issues with Iran diplomatically and are willing to give sanctions and diplomacy more time.

So what could it be?

Could the Iranian regime have gone completely mental and decided to strike first and are seeking to evacuate Tehran before any counter-strikes can level the city?

If that is the case, they should begin the evacuation immediately.

Personally, I'd rather believe it is an attention seeking dictator who needs the world to hear from him regularly to feed his ego, kind of like our own president.

Could be anything really.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe he wants to do a few underground tests, that way the people are out of the way. Maybe he thinks the underground tests could cause an earthquake anyway if he is wants to see if a nuclear bomb works.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Got to say I found this statement rather weired........ and uncomfortable

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The US won't drop a Nuke on Iran.

The world would never allow such a thing and people just aren't that stupid. They aren't going to ruin the planet for themselves, they just want most of us off of it.

If anybody is to fear in regards to using nuclear weapons, look no further than Israel. They've stated on numerous occasions they would be happy to turn Tehran into a glass crater.

~Keeper

Are you aware that the US military have been and ARE using depleted uranium? Iraq for instance.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodeme
This is pretty old news. I remember reading months ago that Iran was planning on constructing an entirely new capital away from earthquake zones, so Ahmadinejad may still be talking about it, but it's not new.

A quick Google search shows the initial news is from November 2009.

www.guardian.co.uk...

If Washington DC was on a fault line, I'd bet a lot of people would clamor for it to be moved, calling it irresponsible to have our nation's leaders all sitting in an area where they could be killed at once. That's all they're doing in Iran.

I agree, it's a valid fear, particularly as Tehran is built on a talus slope and there majority of the buildings were not constructed with anything resembling engineering suitable for earthquake-prone areas.

qjegh.lyellcollection.org...

www.emeraldinsight.com.../EmeraldFullTextArticle/Articles/0730100202.html

Sure, it seems extreme, asking for the number of people to relocate. But there could be a similar casualty rate when the 'big one' hits.

There are people researching this area from all around the world.

sites.google.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Some of you should consider a career change, maybe move into the Fox News Network?

From what I understand, he's offering incentives for people to move, if they want. Where does it say he is forcing 5 million people to move so he can easily keep control of Tehran in the case of a domestic uprising?

Yep. Nowhere.

The US has done stuff like this before, offering incentives for people to populate other areas. For safety, for economic reasons, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I would agree if we were talking about a much smaller number.

They want to relocate FIVE MILLION people.

Why so many?

How could this become more important now, than it was in the past several decades in Tehran?

They didn't evacuate Bam before the massive quakes there, nor other cities in Iran that are threatened by earthquakes. Nor offered any incentives to people living in these cities, some already ravaged by quakes.

Seems a bit odd to me no matter how I look at it.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, since this IS a conspiracy site, I will reference Chavez when he was talking about Haiti earthquake:

He adds that this time it was only a drill and the final target is to take over Iran

Here's the video with full context:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join