It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad wants millions to quit Tehran over quake fears

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Perhaps you need to start packing as well.

There are natural disasters everywhere, how easy is it to say that others should move.

Not here, I live in a valley where banks come from around the world to store their gold and data centers build "disaster proof" services for ISPs and corporate WANs.

It's pretty easy, here, I'll even do it again: if you live somewhere that gets decimated by natural disasters on a regular basis, you should probably move.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So are people gonna start saying HAARP will be used to create an earthquake in Iran?

edit: already happened

[edit on 11-4-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hard to know his motives for this. I think it's entirely possible they want to get rid of people who could threaten the stability of their government - i.e. all the protesters who've been trying to get rid of the current government.

I do know that Iran has been talking for some time about building a new capital city for the nation and IIRC, one of the reasons is the geological instability of Tehran. It's a city that was just built in a really bad place and because they haven't had good building codes for a long time, a lot of the city is vulnerable. They've had some big earthquakes in the past and could have worse in the future.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
sounds to me that hes worried about targeted earth quakes. not a military code just saying earthquakes. haarp? who knows

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting he is wanting to dismantle the largest city in his country.
Maybe his reasons are in the best interest of his people. But I'm not sure I'm buying the "earthquake" reason.

And blaming the people living in small houses on the "economic systems of the world" seems a little like passing the buck. Iran has multiple problems, no doubt. But some of those could be solved internally.

Maybe that's what he's trying to do, but he should at least be honest about it, rather than trying to frighten everyone out of the city with fear tactics about mother nature...when it's likely it's not mother nature at all that he fears.

Every country has something...some possibility of catastrophe looming.
The U.S. has them all. Floods, fires, mudslides, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, droughts, we have them all. (No tsunami's in my lifetime).

But we don't pack up and leave if/when it happens. We rebuild.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I would agree if the Iranians had not gone on a buiding spree, new road networks, new mosques, new super shopping malls etc..

I do understand that there are a lot of slums in Tehran, so wonder if the rich north of the city are being encourgaed to move as well? or if this is way to clear the poor slums?

Not that is a bad thing (clearing slums that is) just as long as this is not a method of simply hiding the poverty issue in Tehran.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It says in the news clip that Tehran sits on a number of fault lines.
We have been experiencing a lot of earthquakes around the world
this year. Don't some of you think that maybe, just maybe that even
the looney leader of Iran just might have a little concern for its
citizens? Not everything that happens around the globe is preperation
for nukes and bombs, getting ready for more HAARP attacks and doom
and gloom and blah, blah, blah. They could very well be hit with a
NATURAL disaster such as an earthquake. I know this is a conspiracy
sight, but some folks need to get a grip on reality.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Aye, they have had a boom in recent years, but you can't really hold off development while mulling a huge plan like this as it would hurt the whole economy and then your huge plan falls on it's posterior.

Also, i would imagine (hope) that these new buildings are somewhat more earthquake proof than older buildings. Maybe he wants to have a smaller, more modern Tehran that can withstand earthqueakes and move people out of older, delapidated housing into new, smaller towns aropund the periphery.

The Uk and WW2 has been cited as an example in a smiliar thing and there is further similiarities. Many londoners where moved to towns around London and the SE of England after WW2 as new, better housing was built for them. Many entirely new towns were built from the ground up, in fact, to house all these ex-Londoners.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Concern for his citizens?

The same citizens who were brutally confronted when they dared to protest a fraudulent election?

The same citizens who were beaten down by this tyrannical regime?

I'm sure he is very concerned for the citizens of Iran.

I am sure he prays daily for them.

I am also sure that he fears them, more than any earthquake, or US bombing.

But what the hell do I know?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So, he's going to offer incentives to 5 million people.

Interest free loans?

Where is he getting that money? Bankrupting the whole country won't really help him either though.

This could cost a fortune.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by endtimer

Concern for his citizens?

The same citizens who were brutally confronted when they dared to protest a fraudulent election?

How was the election a fraud? Both candidates were picked and approved by the Clerics. You really think they are going to allowed some pro-western, pro secular candidate to run?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

It's worth noting, rather than blindly believing FOX, that there are as many supporters of him as there are protestors. With a vote split like that in a particulary fractious country, some unrest is to be expected.

Our media latches on to it, blows it up as some sort of "revolution" and we all fall into step and sympathise with our Iranian "brothers and sisters" who want democracy, which isn't exactly what they were after.

They just wanted a more moderate (but still very Islamic) candidate. They lost and were upset.

Imagine if the US was a bit shaky in 2000, unemployment was at 20-30% and people struggled for daily needs. Then add the whole furore about Gore and Bush, the recounts etc. You'd have riots and protests too. Same situation. Bugger all to do with changing the system, just pissed that their "man", who promised them X, Y and Z, lost.

In fact, people in the US have burnt down their own neighbourhoods over much less.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It is also important to note that his opponent is a terrorist, at least partly responsible for the 1983 bombings of the marine barracks in Lebanon. Neither candidate is a nice guy and as Antonia mentioned, the clerics picked both, so how could it have been fraud?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Also would reduce greatly the risks of massive protests and revolution, smaller crowds are easier to control.

THAT is why he is asking folks to leave. He wants to control the masses. Less people, less protests.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It is also worth noting that it is far better to asses the world without using propaganda from either side.

Regardless of which propaganda stream you have chosen to drink from, there were massive protests in Tehran, and they were brutally crushed, there was a real freedom and democracy movement and the world watched... Some actually got to see some of it before the Iranian regime censored everything.

Getting millions out of Tehran would solve a major domestic problem.

However, maybe he really cares, maybe just maybe.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Perhaps Chavez told him about HAARP.

I think HAARP is obviously becoming one of the most confirmed and interesting conspiracies.

Perhaps he is preparing for war... and perhaps he is preparing to be earthquaked.

Both seem like pretty good possibilities right now.

Interesting news.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Like I said in another thread, the signals of upcoming war in Iran are now so obvious. Perhaps Ahmadinejad is afraid the opening salvo of the invasion will be a HAARP attack?

You can't move 5 million people overnight, where would they live ???

Where in the article did it say he was forcing people to leave overnight?
And its not mandatory.. But yeah, he's a crazy idiot. The dude is an anti-Semite from HELL!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
www.bhrc.ac.ir...

Earthquake map showing the number/location of quakes from Mag 4-7+ since recordings started.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
All the while they are saying to the population of 5 million to leave because of supposed earthquakes could be for something else. Something the government will not say because it would probably create a different kind of chaos and fear.

Who knows, but this is an interesting development that on the surface seems one thing while on the underside is most likely something else.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Through the numerous Persians I know, and digging a little deeper myself, I would say pro-democracy is rather strong... more like pro-we are young and we want to have fun... that is the real crux of the issue in Iran.. the youth, who simply want to party

As skirts inched there way up here, headscalfs are inching down there.. this is the way of the youth.. and nothing will stop that change in Iran..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join