It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad wants millions to quit Tehran over quake fears

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No one will drop nukes, only because it's not good PR move in the modern world.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Haha nice one. So it's not so secret that USA has the new bomb they have been making up just for irans nuke plants. In which they cause so much percussion it's a seismic charge as well. Which would devestate the city. By the Ned of thisonth I'm sure Israel will attack. Your all in for a great eye openning event

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
ahmadinejad is preparing tehran for a nuclear strike. sadly obama is buying time for iran to build its nuclear arsenal to the point where it has enough power to severely damage if not completely destroy israel. after the massive casualties and death is fully evaluated, the international community will be outraged and vow never to let this happen again. israel will need massive international help and will be completely powerless. the un with americas backing will enforce the 1967 borders and announce the creation of palestine along with a new peaceful israel governed by a provisional government that is restricted much in the same way germany and japan were after world war 2. in this scenario the united states will kill 3 birds with one stone. you get rid of a fundamentalist islamic regime in iran, it avenges the overthrow of the pro or friendly shah and the taking of the us embassy hostages. on the ashes you can install a democracy. you get rid of a defiant and dangerous government in israel that is not bent on peace but the complete removal off all the palestinians and all non-ethnic jews from the occupied territories. a government with complete disregard for international law, the sovereignty of foreign nations and human rights. third you bring peace and stability in the region and with the muslim world by avenging the biggest victims in the middle east by giving them freedom and a country in which to prosper. all this can be accomplished without america firing a single shot and more importantly, american casualties. obama and america will look like saviors. holding back israel until iran can retaliate with nuclear weapons, then encouraging israel to strike while containing the war to these 2 countries accomplishes that. global strategic chess. americas greatest weapon, time. pulling the strings: kissinger.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

We can but hope you are right.

Pity Iran cops it. Just because they dont want to play ball with the TPTB and give away their resources for a pitance.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Iran is located between Afghanistan and Iraq and we have troops in both so they're surrounded.

If you're country is threatened, sounds logical to move your army to the border to stop an invasion... what about to move 5 million of people (potentially militia) and then call all of them to join the army and the people who live already there, to a jihad on the borders?

I think's what is all about.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
He is not trying to protect them from earthquakes.

He is trying to disperse his opposition to areas where he can control them. or dispose of them.

Just watch his opposition will be told to move and to areas that will leave them broke and powerless.

Or to areas around his nuclear program sites where if other countries try to take out his nuke program they will have to take out his opposition to hit the nuke sites.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Senz20
I think its more like "AT least 5 million must leave Tehran so when the US drops a nuclear bomb, 5 million will be saved"

The US won't drop a Nuke on Iran.

The world would never allow such a thing and people just aren't that stupid. They aren't going to ruin the planet for themselves, they just want most of us off of it.

If anybody is to fear in regards to using nuclear weapons, look no further than Israel. They've stated on numerous occasions they would be happy to turn Tehran into a glass crater.

~Keeper

Yeah cause the world is unliveable now that we dropped two bombs on Nagasaki and hiroshima!!!!

lol.

You feed off the spoon a little muc I must say.

You could drop five hundred nukes and the population that exists in the world today could still live just fine.

When people state that Russia and the US have enough bombs to destroy the world 10 or 20 times over they're right, but they've already detontated hundreds of nukes in testing and the world hasn't been destroyed and there wouldn't be a need to detonate more than about thirty nukes to annihilate any country's societal strucure and take them out of the picture.

So your argument that no one will do it is ridiculous.

I promise you that Israel aren't pussified like the US and if there is the threat of Iran or Palestine getting ahold of nukes themselves, they will preemptively strike with (tactical) NUKES...

Jaden

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Giving Ahmadinejad and the country of Iran the benefit of the doubt (not that they necessarily deserve it), this could be fueled more by economics and deurbanization rather than a truly imminent military or environmental threat.

Look at most of the third-world nations around the world, you'll find that a very large percentage of the country live in one or several large cities. If the rural areas are not properly developed, cities get overrun with people and often turn into slums due to the lack of budget for such a large population.

The earthquake comment could just be an effective (albeit terrorizing) way to motivate people to move quickly. That in addition to the incentive plans mentioned in the Tehran Times article, would be a pretty efficient way to accomplish deurbanization.

I know this is a conspiracy site, but I just thought I'd toss that out there in the chance that is just truly an Iranian social initiative, independent from global politics.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Like I said in another thread, the signals of upcoming war in Iran are now so obvious. Perhaps Ahmadinejad is afraid the opening salvo of the invasion will be a HAARP attack?

well that would be a huge first strike at Iran
without 1 single plane or 1 pair of US boots
on their soil.

i think the US has threatened them with HAARP
just like they did with the Japanese.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
HAARP isn't always effective...It's sorta like the earth agreeing. Quakes don't always agree with america

Relax people - Even if america uses it to do israels bidding and fails...Israel's gonna be majorly pissed and take matters into their own hands

Let america play with mother nature once more and we will see who's big and bad

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by metalpr

That may be true, but with the ongoing "wars" on both the Iraq and Afgan fronts how can the US afford to fight on a third front in Iran?

-b0s-

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Good find.

So Iran either believe in Haarp, or it's a cynical move by the Iranian PTB to make a real estate grab.

Either way, as usual it's the innocent citizens that will suffer

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I have no idea why Armadinnerjacket has come up with this, but I can 100% say it isn't because of HAARP.

If Iran had any evidence that America had any such weapon and had previously used it on other nations, they would be the first to be shouting it from the rooftops for the world to hear. Ahmadinejad would love to have this kind of muck to throw at the US, if you consider some of the previous claims that he's made against the west and the US in particular.

I think the earthquake story is a bit far fetched. He's not the greatest humanitarian on the planet and moving people out of Tehran would only save lives, not prevent the mass destruction that would ensue and thus, the costs involved in the clear up.

This, in my mind leaves only 2 reasonable scenarios. The political reasons for control over the populous or preperations for war, where saving lives is a must, not for humanitarian reasons, but for sheer numbers of potential soldiers.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
THANKS TO ALL FROM MANY POSTINGS AND KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE!

I agree with latest opinion by nik1halo about connection with HAARP. Iran has alredy lifted question and truth about 911 many times to to their MSM headlines this year - they whould do that with HAARP too, if there would be any leaked information - Specially when announcing to own population from this kind of geological threats.

CODE FOR LAUNCHING OPERATION IN VERY WIDE SCALE?

It has been educative to listen many kind of views in this threads from possible reasons, but still I keep my own orginal view from its reason = Its a blanked warning from coming events. Think about it - "When you hear president talking in News about coming earthquakes in Tehran, start making your preparations to..." Something.

This could act as somekind of hided wide call for arms.

What oposes this theory? Article from moving capital to anther location from last november in one of postings was very educative, and there is a base for these talks to taken as simple truth too. It calmed my mind, but its also possible that this "moving capital" is also part of secret operation planning.

LAUNCHING HUMANSHIELD TO COVER MOVEMENTS?

Making deportations or ecavuations with population in mass scale, makes it possible to hide military movements and many kind of preparations behind it. Both Israel and Iran is making those at same day, same moment - Israel is starting to move Palestinians and Tehran its population.

Humanshield can be cover operation to hide most important movements (like heritage, jewelry, gold, arms, main computers) from enemy.

OR THEN WE JUST ARE NOT IN THE EDGE OF NEW WAR...

And this was normal news and president is just concerned from his people. War - (what war?) - is still far away and there is no Zionist conspiracies in this world.
(Can I have the red pill tomorrow, mom?)

KEEP POSTING MY FRIENDS!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I Knew it. Hes here on ATS somewhere. HAARP talk and earthquakes getting him to crack... the plan worked guys. we can sleep well now.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
just to add another possible indicator of Iran expecting something:

Israel's Day of Independance will be commencing at sunset April 19 this year....

Maybe hes expecting something from them? A present maybe?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm not too sure that if it's an outright secret call to arms
before the battle begins.
Btw, it would be interesting to note that
Tehran is not the first (OR last - Who knows
!?) capital of Iran.

Also, the fact that Tehran was originally chosen by mistake but people had

simply moved in by then - and if removed, there would be a 100 other

People wanting to fill that vacuum. Thus, with a shrug, the then

administration accepted it as the mainstay capital.

Below is some more Info on it. Courtesy of 'The Guardian'

Iran has had numerous capitals during its history, including Isfahan,

Qazvin, Shiraz, Mashhad and Hamedan. Since the Qajar king Agha

Mohammad Khan declared it capital in 1795, Tehran has become the

country's political, social, economic and cultural centre. Its infrastructure

has been left creaking by rapid population growth that has seen it become

home to 12 million people, up from 250,000 at the start of the 20th

century. A mass influx from the countryside under the last shah,

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, fed the social discontent unleashed by the 1979

Islamic revolution. The population has continued to spiral since then, with

unregulated development creating a traffic-clogged and polluted urban

sprawl. Most recently, Tehran was the centre of mass street protests

triggered by the disputed re-election of the president, Mahmoud

Ahmadinejad, which opponents insist was achieved through fraud. Plans

for a new capital were first drawn up 20 years ago, but officials only gave

them serious consideration after the 2003 earthquake that devastated the

south-eastern city of Bam and killed an estimated 40,000 people. Experts

warn that Tehran sits on at least 100 faultlines – including one nearly 60

miles long – and that many of its buildings would not survive a major

quake. Professor Bahram Akasheh, a seismologist and dean of the

faculty of basic sciences at Tehran Azad University, said the city had been

chosen as capital "by mistake" and its north-eastern suburbs were

vulnerable to an earthquake measuring eight on the Richter scale. "I

warned of this 40 to 50 years ago and if they had listened to me then,

Tehran wouldn't have grown into a macro-city, but now control is lost over

it. The city is growing bigger and bigger every day and so are the poor

suburbs around it," he told the Guardian. He said a new capital should

be built between Qom – home to the country's clerical establishment – and

Delijan, in Markazi province, an area that has not seen an earthquake in

2,000 years.
"

So, there we have it - make of it what we will.

Any insights ...?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I have also very bad feeling about coming 19th.

- No facts
- No clues
- No theories
- No nothing...

But very bad feeling about concerning that coming day.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why all this talk about nukes and war and so on.... A tiny bit of research on the net and i found the following in a few minutes...

Notice this just before the announcement
english.farsnews.com...

TEHRAN (FNA)- An earthquake measuring 3 on the Richter scale jolted the town of Nasr Abad in the North Khorassan province, Northeastern Iran, on Monday.

In 2002 they were already warning about this been a badly hit area
www.encyclopedia.com...

Speakers at the seminar also said that Dhaka and Tehran, the capitals of Bangladesh and Iran respectively, were the cities with the highest relative earthquake disaster risks in the region.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
No one will drop nukes, only because it's not good PR move in the modern world.

Oh, yeah! I forgot countries at war give a crap about public relations! LOL!

Have you taken a look at the videos Wikileaks have provided recently? If not why don't you have a look. You think war is supposed to look good, for anyone? No!

Dropping a nuke would certainly not look good in anyones book, but it would sure as hell leave a big dent, or shall I say hole, in the place it is detonated. The people running the world don't give a crap about PR, they care about results. PR for tptb is honestly not a big deal because they control ALL public media.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join