It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad wants millions to quit Tehran over quake fears

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Some of you should consider a career change, maybe move into the Fox News Network?

From what I understand, he's offering incentives for people to move, if they want. Where does it say he is forcing 5 million people to move so he can easily keep control of Tehran in the case of a domestic uprising?

Yep. Nowhere.

The US has done stuff like this before, offering incentives for people to populate other areas. For safety, for economic reasons, etc.

The US has never depopulated any enormously important city in its nation by half.

I think the motives are purely political: disperse the city residents (who don't usually vote for him) into rural districts so that the latter have more electoral power, but their district-level votes will still reliably favor the pro-Ahamanijad parties & candidates.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Other governments do this kind of thing all the time - it's called Urban Planing.

What he seems to be suggesting is that 5 million of Tehran's residents move to yet-to-be-built suburbs. And that's a very smart idea in an earthquake zone - especially with a city as old as Tehran. Tokyo faced similar problems before the Kanto earthquake that destroyed the city in 1923 - and modern Tokyo is designed with disaster response in mind as a result. Getting people out of the city to communities with a modern design while beefing up the infrastructure in Tehran is a good bit of forward thinking, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I so want tto hate this guy, and i def do on many levels. but he has those sweet puppy dog eyes. i keep wanting to believe it's just a misunderstanding, that he's just an a-hole to us because of an inferiority complex with the west, and israel, and the crappy things we've done to his country, but after the crackdown last year and all the bs explanations they gave, i just can't forgive his kind face any more. i do hope we avoid a war with Iran, though. that would not be good for anyone. good luck getting those 5 million people out of the city, if anyone can do it they can.

paul

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ekiusa

I agree with you. What I think is they have been threatened with HAARP or whatever weapon that causes earthquakes is called, and due to be threatened he is saying this may happen. I think HAARP or whatever is producing these quakes ia a weapon they are using.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I bet they are giving the poor money to move into new cities around their nuclear sites as shields. That is what I would think since they said they are offering money. Iran doesn't care about its population one bit, they would sacrifice 90 percent of the nation to defeat Israel.

Magog will pay dearly for bringing a fight to Israel. If you live in Iran you best build a good bunker with lots of food and water.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Quotes from other websites:

Psalm 83
A song. A psalm of Asaph.

2 See how your enemies are astir,
how your foes rear their heads.

3 With cunning they conspire against your people;
they plot against those you cherish.

4 "Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation,
that the name of Israel be remembered no more."

5 With one mind they plot together;
they form an alliance against you-

6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
of Moab and the Hagrites,

7 Gebal, Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia, with the people of Tyre.

8 Even Assyria has joined them
to lend strength to the descendants of Lot.
Selah

9 Do to them as you did to Midian,
as you did to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon,

10 who perished at Endor
and became like refuse on the ground.

11 Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb,
all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,

12 who said, "Let us take possession
of the pasturelands of God."

13 Make them like tumbleweed, O my God,
like chaff before the wind.

14 As fire consumes the forest
or a flame sets the mountains ablaze,

15 so pursue them with your tempest
and terrify them with your storm.

16 Cover their faces with shame
so that men will seek your name, O LORD.

17 May they ever be ashamed and dismayed;
may they perish in disgrace.

18 Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD—
that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

In the Tanakh, the Hebrew Prophet Ezekiel in the Book of Ezekiel chapters 38-39 speaks of an invasion carried out by a group of nations against the Land of Israel, led by "Gog", who is said to originate from "The Land of Magog" (Ezekiel 38:1–2).

The invading countries are identified in Ezekiel by their ancient tribal names: Magog, Meshech and Tubal, Persia (Iran), Ethiopia (Cush), Libya (Phut or Put), Gomer, and house of Togarmah (Beth-Togarmah). Many of these names are derived from the Table of Nations, a genealogy in Genesis 10 of the human race after Noah's Flood.

According to Ezekiel, the invading armies will lose without a battle, when God rains down fire and brimstone on their military forces (Ezekiel 38:20–22). Gog of the Land of Magog, the Chief Prince of Meshech and Tubal, moves to pillage the Land of Israel, and is destroyed by fire from heaven and for seven months, Israel buries the corpses in a valley called "Hamon-Gog." The timing of this invasion is said to occur when the Jews are secure and prospering in their land after just coming out of a worldwide exile (Ezekiel 38:8, 10–12).

The invading countries are identified in Ezekiel by their ancient tribal names: Magog, Meshech and Tubal, Persia (Iran), Ethiopia (Cush), Libya (Phut or Put), Gomer, and house of Togarmah (Beth-Togarmah). Many of these names are derived from the Table of Nations, a genealogy in Genesis 10 of the human race after Noah's Flood.

I thought it might add some meat to this thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
5 Million?

Trying to reduce casualties in the conflict I assume. Perhaps they know that their enemies will make a straight line for Tehran?

It could be just good science, I don't know. I certainly hope it's just some smart thinking on the part of the Iranians, they did invent chess after all.

~Keeper

He doesn't give a damn about the lives of his citizens, there is probably more to the story, but I highly doubt it's because he thinks his enemies would go straight for Tehran...if he believed that he would be stacking the deck in Tehran. The more innocent civilians (which his own regime kills) an enemy force killed the better PR for him.

As for the HAARP tards, where the hell do you think Earthquakes came from before HAARP? You do realize they are natural events, and HAARP only bends the atmosphere, which would have little barring on earth quakes...but it could have implications for weather.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Just out of curiosity, what does Psalm 83 have to do with the government of Iran relocating five million citizens? If you could elaborate on how this Psalm plays into all of this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Ceasar's Laural Wreath crown

What did the dove bring back?

RIGHT TO RULE THE WORLD

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I wonder if arnold will have a helicopter land on his roof once the big one starts

I wonder if he can lift himself out of tons of rubble and i wonder if he can lift california out of it too...Hmmm time bomb

Originally posted by The time lord
Quotes from other websites:

Psalm 83
A song. A psalm of Asaph.

2 See how your enemies are astir,
how your foes rear their heads.

3 With cunning they conspire against your people;
they plot against those you cherish.

4 "Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation,
that the name of Israel be remembered no more."

5 With one mind they plot together;
they form an alliance against you-

6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
of Moab and the Hagrites,

7 Gebal, Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia, with the people of Tyre.

8 Even Assyria has joined them
to lend strength to the descendants of Lot.
Selah

9 Do to them as you did to Midian,
as you did to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon,

10 who perished at Endor
and became like refuse on the ground.

11 Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb,
all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,

12 who said, "Let us take possession
of the pasturelands of God."

13 Make them like tumbleweed, O my God,
like chaff before the wind.

14 As fire consumes the forest
or a flame sets the mountains ablaze,

15 so pursue them with your tempest
and terrify them with your storm.

16 Cover their faces with shame
so that men will seek your name, O LORD.

17 May they ever be ashamed and dismayed;
may they perish in disgrace.

18 Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD—
that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.

In the Tanakh, the Hebrew Prophet Ezekiel in the Book of Ezekiel chapters 38-39 speaks of an invasion carried out by a group of nations against the Land of Israel, led by "Gog", who is said to originate from "The Land of Magog" (Ezekiel 38:1–2).

According to Ezekiel, the invading armies will lose without a battle, when God rains down fire and brimstone on their military forces (Ezekiel 38:20–22). Gog of the Land of Magog, the Chief Prince of Meshech and Tubal, moves to pillage the Land of Israel, and is destroyed by fire from heaven and for seven months, Israel buries the corpses in a valley called "Hamon-Gog." The timing of this invasion is said to occur when the Jews are secure and prospering in their land after just coming out of a worldwide exile (Ezekiel 38:8, 10–12).

I thought it might add some meat to this thread.

Sorry to burst anyone bubble...But you men and women do realize that's ^^^ a whole ton of MUMBO JUMBO...lol if anyone takes it seriously...

OH WAIT I FORGOT! Ahmadinejad might be a sorcerer

oh noes

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Kingdom of darkness]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Its simple they know a strike is coming and they are going to get there people out in the countryside and make it harder to pick them off .Im sure they are allready packing up some of there nuclear projects and sneaking them somewhere in the desert ,along with who knows whatever else .An attack on Iran is no longer a question of if but a question of when ,the sad thing is the people of Tran wanted to be Americas friend they wanted Western democracy but there religous controlled government has crushed them .I support US troops no matter what i cant control where they get sent but i can support them and if this is where they are being sent next then we must support them .Perhaps if we knock out the radicals in Iran we might actually be able to put in a true democracy ,of all the Arab nations i think Iran has enough young educated people for this to be a reality someday .I just pray we dont have to lose thousands more of brave American soldiers .

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
the Iranians, they did invent chess after all.

Sorry to go off topic here, but the Iranians did not invent chess. They were palying the game in India long before any evidence of it in Iran is seen.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicodeme

after seeing the "fruit" of your nations leaders, it could be a good idea to have a fault under washington.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

nor would israel hesitate to bomb a nuclear plant just because the surrounding area was populated

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by essanance

Stole ur pic,, sorry, always loved that Pic,,and hey the guy playing the part was brilliant but thats just me.
Oh stole for an opening screen for a game i play Fallout 3.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by BobAthome]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
Its simple they know a strike is coming and they are going to get there people out in the countryside and make it harder to pick them off .Im sure they are allready packing up some of there nuclear projects and sneaking them somewhere in the desert ,along with who knows whatever else .An attack on Iran is no longer a question of if but a question of when ,the sad thing is the people of Tran wanted to be Americas friend they wanted Western democracy but there religous controlled government has crushed them .I support US troops no matter what i cant control where they get sent but i can support them and if this is where they are being sent next then we must support them .Perhaps if we knock out the radicals in Iran we might actually be able to put in a true democracy ,of all the Arab nations i think Iran has enough young educated people for this to be a reality someday .I just pray we dont have to lose thousands more of brave American soldiers .
America can't control the world buddy

The iranian young kids want to be like americans - They need to learn to be THEMSELVES.

Ever heard of the term "weeaboo" look it up buddy

Iran isn't going to allow their little youth to have them westernized - Hey the elders call the shoots buddy - You support our brave troops doing what? We have NO say in what a country wants to do

How about this - I'll give you money and you go fight iran - Sounds good right? I mean you support troops - i don't support the troops entering another country

Therefore on behalf of my fellow NON brain washed americans and the world - You can pick up the gun and ammo and take a plane flight and go fight - No one is stopping you

Just don't forget the bribe airport security to get in - And also don't forget to bribe iranians - OH wait i forgot lol you can't mess with iranians

Good luck pushing your war agenda - No one cares about war anymore. No one wants to fight

Israel and iran would LOVE to fight - We have a little man in the middle - The man in the middle is america - Oh when will he learn his lesson - Oh america is in shackles beaten endlessly by it's people and the world around them - oh when will they realize to mind their own business

No one nation controls the world or can even do it - This is no roman empire type scenario.

We all got guns - All around the world - We all fight the good fight -

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Star and Flag because the Govenator isnt telling Cauliflowerins to move outta Cali.

LOL! Yes! I thought I was the only one who thought the craziest part of this story is that the "madman" wants to try save his people. Whether it`s quakes or nukes, you know that just doesn`t happen in america. According to our government, they couldn`t even stop 9-11 so I`m sure if one of our cities gets nuked it will come as a "complete surprise" to our defense & intel agencies. They could send an ICBM from the other side of the galaxy and NORAD still wouldn`t see it coming... It`s just TOO convenient for them to use these "surprise attacks" as an excuse to tighten their grip on our liberties. Bastiches...
One day there will probably be curfews so then the gov can save money on paying police to patrol the streets at night. They will patrol but their job will be much easier: arrest anyone in the streets. There won`t have to be a vice squad for prostitution, gangs or drugs at night. Any criminals will have to operate pretty much completely during the day, making it much easier to run surveillance(sp?) and moniter our every move (I mean citizens, not criminals! LOL but I`m sure we will all be considered criminals anyhow cause it w ould kinda like our country/world is just one big prison) Just one example of how it will be much simpler for them to control us if they can just treat us like caged animals.Well we aren`t going to let that happen, now are we??? ...sorry I guess I got a little worked up! Uh, that was all "on-topic" right?
p.s. is it wrong that your tenta-tongue turns me on? :^) you probably hear that all the time... what about the other girl? Does she have any special powers or anything? Please tell me she has a third boob like the chick on total recall! PLEASE tell me... LOL i really hope Tentickles has a sense of humor, otherwise I think I may be in for an asschewing... !

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad possibly knows of an upcoming FALSE FLAG that will bring US and Israel down upon Iran.

This will be a biological attack against the US, and Israel will be responsible again for dragging the US by the nose-ring into another conflict. My long reasoning is as follows.

Saddam (Iraq) and Ahmadinejad (Iran) both want to see Israel Destroyed. Therefore with US acceptance (like USS Liberty etc), Israel did 911 to bring US against Iraq (US gets arms funding/oil/patriot, home security acts). Israel gets rid of a sworn enemy.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama signs Nuclear Treaty with Russia. Clinton says US will still use Nukes in response to Bio Attack on the US:
www.heraldsun.com.au...
and in other ATS Threads.
I was hoping this could have been a new 'possible false flag op' thread but i have not done the 20 posts for a newbie. If an ATS long timer things it is worth a new thread for more visible discussion... please cut/paste into a new thread.
[edit on 11-4-2010 by CitizenNum287119327] added new thread request

[edit on 11-4-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]
edit on 7-19-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Euuuuu,,, lol i know but its just to thick!!!!! lol

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodeme
If Washington DC was on a fault line, I'd bet a lot of people would clamor for it to be moved

Ironic. Our capital isn't in DC. Just the White House.

The seat of our government is most likely in Colorado.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by DeltaChaos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join