It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Are Brainwashed into being Democrats

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I want to add that I, a black single mother, (formerly on welfare), am now a voting Republican.

See, I am a Marine Corps veteran who 1st heard about 'Section 8' and the likes when I became a newly separated vet....my former peers would showcase their fine suburban homes, although unemployed, courtesy the US Gov't. I asked, "Why are you getting this?" They responded, " Cuz I 3 kids and no job."...I was DUMBFOUNDED! Here I was, having served the country and about to enter into college and the gov't was funding "Pookie and Ray-Ray" because they had refused to serve, refused to become educated, and refused to look for work, having multiple kids on top of that.

Since then, I have obtained an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice and in my junior year to obtain my Bachelor's in English/minor in Political Science...Even though I am a single mother and unemployed, I am an Honors Student, meaning my GPA stays above 3.2...To boot, I am slated to start Law School Fall of 2013....

This is why I can no longer vote Democratic...I hate seeing how the lazy and undeducated (those that these terms apply to ) are constantly rewarded, while the middle class (tax-payers) are forced to subsidized their lives. My goal is to leave the poverty state FOREVER, and when I do, I am not going to take too kindly a democratic leader stealing my income to take care of people who are not willing to work for it......No, this does not apply to the disabled or elderly at all.....this applies to the few MILLION who purposely live off the backs of others and then reproduce out of control to further burden tax payers, resulting in an over-populated, under achieving, and unproductive society.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
reply to post by skunknuts

Eldrige Cleaver was not born 150 years ago...and i could have used lots of names...Hell even J J from good times is a republican i think there is to much racial tension

The keyword you used is "brainwashed".

Notice how they spit out their talking points such as the parties flipped. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard on my entire life.

Then, they go on to say the Republicans were the ones blocking civil rights. According to all historical proof, it is the dems that have done this consistently .

They say the republicans are racist yet, I only see the dems playing the race card time and time again.

They call black republicans sell outs and uncle toms when I see the black dems are the ones selling out their people for a few dollars.

Maybe Im nuts.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That picture of Storm with the Black Panther is somewhat racist. You realize her relationship with Forge, a native American Indian, was broken up in favor of putting two Africans (and yes, in this case they are Africans and NOT African Americans) together.

As in, "We can't have any interracial relationships, like must stay with like". So Storm, a black woman, must be with the Black Panther, a black man.

Which is a common theme in American media today. In many commercials you'll see couples of the same ethnicity together, Asian with Asian, and so on and so forth, as one example of this kind of racist policy.

I realize this may not be the original topic, but it is somewhat related in that it is about racism.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
thanks for sharing your experiences. I am still waiting for a party to inspire me, been independent my whole life

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
When I was younger I thought black people where suppose to be democrats, I still kinda do.... Seems like republicans are all rich white people. But nowadays, who care cares, they're all idiots

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2012 by dayve because: Yadayada

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Martin Luther King Jr. was a republican and stood against what democrats in today's society preaches. He is the opposite of Obama even though Obama is compared to him by so many uninformed people. When Martin Luther King Jr. was killed in Memphis Tennessee my home town, he was going to give a speech and was building a massive following of whites and blacks that aimed to get rid of social welfare programs. MLK Jr. was preaching that there was a communist conspiracy to keep the blacks in the ghetto and to cause more problems between the races with such programs. Yet that is never taught in schools or in main stream media. All they really show is his famous "I have a dream speech", then they fast forward a couple of years in his life and leave out all of the political talk that would change the way the black and white community thinks.

Also if you go a step further with MLK Jr. and how they portray him. His memorial is modeled after the temple of Abu Simbel a.k.a. the temple of Ramses the slave master of the jews, that Moses was sent by God to speak with to free the jewish people. I just found that to be a disgrace. His death set race relations back many years. It is a sad thing too. Even if the masses remembered or were allowed to learn his real message, things would be much different. If Martin Luther King Jr. had not been killed he could have completely changed the future and the world would be a better place.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
egad...

now someone will no doubt start a thread about how middle and lower class whites are brainwashed into being republicans.

OPs, your correct...Republicans are not racist, but you will find a very disproportunate amount of racists are coincidently republican.

As far as your quotes of Frederick Douglass, Understand that the republican party of the 19th century = the Democratic party of the 20th/21st century...they completely flip flopped. A bit of a hint should be directly in the quote you used (if your not open to a long historical understanding of the flip).

2:I am a Republican, a black, dyed in the wool Republican, and I never intend to belong to any other party than the party of freedom and [bprogress.
Frederick Douglass

The Democratic party of today, the ones touting progress (omg, progressives), liberty (omg, liberals), and equality mirror exactly what the republican party...the northern ideals party...was during the civil war era if you want to truely focus in there.

As far as the militant black panthers...you know what the worst event a warrior finds in life?
Peace.

So, when the Dems were marching for civil rights, being blocked by republicans, do you think the hard militants were truely miserable? hell no...a warrior seeks conflict...once the conflict is won...they want more. Human psychology

Your historical understanding is lacking...but good luck with the thread anyhow.

This is comical, "Democrats are the new Republican" B.S.

Just because your political party has consistently(and still to this day) supported hate ideologies and hate groups doesn't mean you get to steal the history of the Republican Party. It wasn't a Republican senator that was a former Grand Wizard of the KKK, but a Democratic Senator.

It wasn't Republicans who has recently has a few years ago beat an African American for exercising his/her 1st Amendment rights, it was Democrats.

You can hide from your hateful past and deceive yourself on your hateful ways, but the rest of us sure as heck ain't buying it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
My great-xxx grandfather created the democratic party. I believe I can state with some authority that he would be disgusted and ashamed with the modern party.

I'm also sure that Madison and Jefferson would be outraged with the modern republican party. I have no doubt whatsoever.

...And the political pendulum swings back and forth while the libertarians have all the good ideas.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The only reason to be a Republican these days is if you think
Corporations should rule over humanity. Because after all the
side arguments are put aside the only consistent policy the GOP
adhere to is trying to make the rich richer, ultimately humans
are fodder and tools for the use of a few. So I say a black
Republican is just as blind as a white Republican. When you
and yours are tyrannized completely by contractual dictates
you can pat yourself on the back.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

...And the political pendulum swings back and forth while the libertarians have all the good ideas.

Good ideas... unless it is regarding money and contracts

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by SaturnFX
egad...

now someone will no doubt start a thread about how middle and lower class whites are brainwashed into being republicans.

OPs, your correct...Republicans are not racist, but you will find a very disproportunate amount of racists are coincidently republican.

As far as your quotes of Frederick Douglass, Understand that the republican party of the 19th century = the Democratic party of the 20th/21st century...they completely flip flopped. A bit of a hint should be directly in the quote you used (if your not open to a long historical understanding of the flip).

2:I am a Republican, a black, dyed in the wool Republican, and I never intend to belong to any other party than the party of freedom and [bprogress.
Frederick Douglass

The Democratic party of today, the ones touting progress (omg, progressives), liberty (omg, liberals), and equality mirror exactly what the republican party...the northern ideals party...was during the civil war era if you want to truely focus in there.

As far as the militant black panthers...you know what the worst event a warrior finds in life?
Peace.

So, when the Dems were marching for civil rights, being blocked by republicans, do you think the hard militants were truely miserable? hell no...a warrior seeks conflict...once the conflict is won...they want more. Human psychology

Your historical understanding is lacking...but good luck with the thread anyhow.

This is comical, "Democrats are the new Republican" B.S.

Just because your political party has consistently(and still to this day) supported hate ideologies and hate groups doesn't mean you get to steal the history of the Republican Party. It wasn't a Republican senator that was a former Grand Wizard of the KKK, but a Democratic Senator.

It wasn't Republicans who has recently has a few years ago beat an African American for exercising his/her 1st Amendment rights, it was Democrats.

You can hide from your hateful past and deceive yourself on your hateful ways, but the rest of us sure as heck ain't buying it.

and it wasn't liberals who tried to bar blacks from going to white
schools and it wasn't liberals who turned fire hoses on human
beings. Come to think of it, it KKK wasn't a liberal organization...

so enjoy where all the bigots ended up,,, GOP...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Perhaps you are ignorant to the history of the southern democrats and dixiecrats. Or perhaps you just choose to ignore the truth because it won't line up with the worldview you have created for yourself.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Perhaps you are ignorant to the history of the southern democrats and dixiecrats. Or perhaps you just choose to ignore the truth because it won't line up with the worldview you have created for yourself.

Dixiecrats were not liberals, they were cultural conservatives and they went over to the GOP
after Johnson passed civil rights. I suppose you are going to tell me that the white hippy
college kids marching were conservatives, and I bet the crew cut having Southern gentlemen officers
were liberals, huh?
edit on 9-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

I don't judge a single person as a representation of a party.
If a person is a republican and a racist, they are a republican, and coincidently also racist...same with democrats.
However, you will find less racism in the population of the left..the same ones that also push for multiculturalism (the soup verses the salad bowl).
If you need to use an allegory of a individual to make your point verses an ldeal, then your argument comes from a weak foundation.

No clue what your talking about. Guess its another allegory verses ideal.
If your talking about America circa 1970s and before, then there wasn't a single party that has its hands clean.

My past is not hateful at all actually, nor is my ways. You can pretend to know me, but you don't.
I stand by the liberal ideals (for the most part, I don't follow any one group specifically..but social stuff, totally lib). Because it seems the best for progress for our species, nation, and as an individual. You can use allegories all the time.

I will give you one
My father is a very staunch conservative
My father is also very much a racist (admitted and curiously proud of it)
Therefore, my direct experience of conservatives from an early age = racists

I love my dad btw, so don't think I am rebelling against him. Besides the racist neocon stuff, he is a stand up guy. I simply view the world completely different than him. I guess thats what happens when you travel the world with a passport verses a gun.

Anyhow, You can look at the quality of replies you have given "defending" your side, and then contrast it with my reply. I am sure others will decide whom has more clarity and wisdom and judge accordingly.

What does your party stand for -today-?
America was founded by first wiping out a population native to the land. Does this mean forever we are genocidal maniacs? You proud to be an American? If so, does that mean you cheer for genocide? See what a strawman argument you present?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The one constant is that you always think your side is the best side..else you wouldn't be on that side.

Libertarians have all the good ideas? Well, then why aren't they sweeping every election everywhere?
Because only a libertarian thinks libertarian ideas are good.
And Dems believe pretty much dems have the good ideas,
Reps the same.

your trapped in the noise of your own ideals (programmed by others btw, so don't think your ideas are yours..none of us have free thought) so much you fail to see relevance in any other mindset.

Dictators perceive this way. My ideas are the best, all other ideas are unworthy.

If that is your true outlook, then wouldn't you be doing a favor to humanity by forcing your ideas on them without choice? After all..you know which party has -all- the good ideas, so much that you even know the founders of any other party would weep and join your party.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join