It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Are Brainwashed into being Democrats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
All that we're doing now is creating a welfare class voting block capable of pushing any candidate into office. And that's scary, almost every taxpayer in America would have to vote to counter the 40% of americans who dont pay taxes. They will soon be up to 50%.

where are you getting this information from?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
This is a pretty repulsive and invalid thread, as I know plenty of black Republicans.

Next time you see one of your lblack Republican pals, ask them how many times they've been chastised for "not keeping it real" or "playing the white man's game"

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Possibly this article?
finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Do you think that the extended use of the term `African American` has been a divisive element between the citizens of the United States of America .
One does not see or hear the term Irish American / Italian American etc used with such frequency . (unless perhaps in the context of specific holidays or with some reference to their respective home countries)

Just a humble observation from across the pond .

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hmm, I wonder if any African Americans are going to be 'brainwashed' by the Michael Steele/GOP saga?? BTW, since the GOP is so colorblind, how many black GOP reps., sens., govs, etc. are there again? Maybe the GOP is SO colorblind that they think they are actually a representative body of America?

So, Michael Steele seemed to agree with the OP at first, but now that he's been on the inside, I wonder how he feels now??

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/9/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Do you think every white person is going to show their racist side, especially in career government situations like the military?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Do you think every white person is going to show their racist side, especially in career government situations like the military?

Sometimes they do

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Are white people also brainwashed to be a certain political party because of what their parents were? Why distinguish black people as the ones who are brainwashed?

And are black republicans also brainwashed?

This is silly. How could a politically-aware person (whatever color he is) hold Republican values and still call himself a Democrat? Or vice versa? I would think he would change to the party that agreed with his view.

Silly. :shk:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Do you think that the extended use of the term `African American` has been a divisive element between the citizens of the United States of America .
One does not see or hear the term Irish American / Italian American etc used with such frequency . (unless perhaps in the context of specific holidays or with some reference to their respective home countries)

Just a humble observation from across the pond .

Yes sir I couldnt agree more, just more titles and separation by design.
Even in its attempt to somehow bring individuality and respect,
it hints of color and separation.
There are africans of many shades, and the same goes for the entire globe.
Just more S^&T, contrived to deal with.
I can honestly say I know an equal amount of haters wearing both political capes!
It's just more crap!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
egad...

Your historical understanding is lacking...but good luck with the thread anyhow.

That's pretty disingenuous Saturn. I don't know your age but history has been greatly bastardized about what happened as recently as the fifties and sixties of the last century.

It was mostly Democrats who fought against the Civil Right Act. That is a fact. Most of the old guard KKK were Democrats, that is also a fact.

This entire argument was a creation of politics in and attempt to keep us at each others throats and it works. As long as people consider themselves to be Republicans or Democrats rather than fellow human beings the hate will continue. The false argument will continue.

Black or White, we are being used and used quite effectively.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

egad...

Your historical understanding is lacking...but good luck with the thread anyhow.

That's pretty disingenuous Saturn. I don't know your age but history has been greatly bastardized about what happened as recently as the fifties and sixties of the last century.

It was mostly Democrats who fought against the Civil Right Act. That is a fact. Most of the old guard KKK were Democrats, that is also a fact.

This entire argument was a creation of politics in and attempt to keep us at each others throats and it works. As long as people consider themselves to be Republicans or Democrats rather than fellow human beings the hate will continue. The false argument will continue.

Black or White, we are being used and used quite effectively.

THOSE democrats are no longer democrats, they are the teabaggers. They were shouting about 'state's rights' back then, and they're doing it now. In fact, the fact that the republican party still exists today, albeit only as a regional party, is thanks to those that ultimately left the dems. due to their distaste of the civil rights movement, err, I mean infringement upon 'state's' rights.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Being a HUMAN BEING, I have forestalled being either a Dem or Repub.

That being said, Constitutional Libertarianism is the WAY to go!

We believe in Social Liberty, Fiscal Responsibility, Non Interventionalism, and pretty much-leave me and everyone the FRELL alone!

Time to make a third party. Leave everyone ALONE!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Did you know, that since the thirties, the Republicans have voted far more often and in greater numbers than the Democrats FOR civil rights legislation?
Most people don't know that.
Before the thirties, it was ALL Republicans.
Most people look at the politics and initiatives of the Presidents we have had.
Big mistake, if you are talking Republicans versus Democrats.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Also, I should add that the Democrats have severely wounded themselves. Not mortally, but enough so that they should be concerned about their own survival in the near term.
The Republicans are fine, I assure you. And, I am not one.
TEA Party? Well yes. (blush)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
To the Op. the first thing I would like to say is,Thank you for your service to your country.

To those asking where are the black Republicans in politics?

They're coming!

Among the 37 black Republicans running for U.S. House and Senate seats in November is Charles Lollar of Maryland's 5th District.

Black conservative Republican's take the heat.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
First off, I am a white man, I had one friend that told me I am partially black, because of certain parameters. I am an ass, I have always felt that both sides use CoIntelPro to divide us.

I am an ass, never refute it. Please people see that they are trying to divide us.

FRELL them and the corruption they ride in on!

Remember, we are in this together!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I am an ass, never refute it. Please people see that they are trying to divide us.

If you claim to be an ass, wouldn't that make you a democrat?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

egad...

Correct. Mostly Democrats opposed the Civil rights act because at the time the South was mostly Democrats. Though the bill was introduced and championed by Democratic administrations...First Kennedy and passed under Johnson after Kennedy was assasinated.

NOW THE SAME DEMOCRATIC SOUTH THAT OPPOSED THE BILL (Dixie Democrats) IS REPUBLICAN...understand?

THE SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS OF 1964 are the SOUTHERN GOP of TODAY.

Here take a careful read of the voting record for the Civil Rights act...It is regional...not Dem or Republican.

By party
The original House version:[9]

FOR - AGAINST

Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[10]

Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%-34%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)
The Senate version:[9]

Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%-31%)
Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[9]

Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
Republican Party: 136-35 (80%-20%)
[edit] By party and region
Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)
Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)
The Senate version:

Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%) (only Senator Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%) (this was Senator John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%) (only Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia opposed the measure)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%) (Senators Barry Goldwater of Arizona, Bourke Hickenlooper of Iowa, Edwin L. Mechem of New Mexico, Milward L. Simpson of Wyoming, and Norris H. Cotton of New Hampshire opposed the measure)

en.wikipedia.org...

Now take a look at this map showing the the electoral college for the last election...

politicalmaps.org...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Social physiology explains why many situations exist in our society including why the majority of minorities might be Democrat. You are going to associate with those who align themselves close to your lifestyle unless you have greater influence to change it. The Democrats see that there are more votes in the lower 50% income of the population, and this is why they seemed to have held the position of defender of the poor. They have created the “evil rich” to use as a tool in gathering their voter base of low income people.

Eight solid years under Clinton saw no betterment of the lower income, and four years under Obama will be smoke and mirrors too for them, but this doesn’t stop the Democrats from continuing their propaganda since the majority of that group don’t really understand or follow politics. I remember people saying they are going to vote for Obama because he was going to buy them a house or pay off their credit card bills etc. People are looking for free money, and handouts without any effort on their part and each one of these are votes. So who do you vote for? Those who want to reduce taxes of the evil rich or those who offer free money and services?

The problem as to why the black population in the US is low income is where we all should focus our efforts and social physiology is a big answer to changing this around. We cannot just yell at a black person and say “do something with your life!” for most are setup for failure the day they are born. Not only do they grow up thinking that they cannot be successful but society reinforces it from ALL directions. The Democrats are right in the mix of all this by telling them that they need the Government to provide all their needs, they do not try to reverse the situation that a large present of blacks are born live and die in, they feed and nurture it. To be a successful black you become “the evil rich” “uncle toms” “republican” “conservative” “turn your back on your heritage” etc when none of it is true.

The life of the poor where you are just existing is a hell all in itself, and to see truly capable people convinced this is their only life that they can have is a true travesty here in America. So one side wants people to be successful self sufficient members of society and the other side wants to provide everything for the population because the population just doesn’t know what is good for them. So until the day that young black people can feel that they can compete successfully with anyone else in life they will continue to drop into the other mode of just existence with Government subsistence their whole life. This lifestyle is very cancerous and so I do agree with the OP on this.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
But it still does not explain the fact of how an entire race can switch political views without anyone noticing,what plan was used

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join