It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 (video) Preview - a look at the new ATS, coming soon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

The "Way Above" page will not be the only place to find these members. It's in ADDITION to and an easy way to get to the content generated by the very members you mention (plus outstanding new members).

If I am reading your query right, your fear is that the new page will be the only place they show up... That's incorrect. You'll still see all their threads in the various fora, the "most recent posts" page and everywhere else you find it now.

We'd NEVER limit, only ADD to, the ease of finding content.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

G'day Springer

As always, thank you for taking the time to read my post & reply.

I think I understand that.....I'll explain it back to you to make sure....

WATS is an area that filters out everything except the content posted by the WATS members.

However, non WATS members can also access this WATS content amongst all of the ATS member content.

Have I got that right?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What better way to express oneself than picture

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I like what I saw in the video preview except for one thing....too much use of the color green in my opinion.

My favorite feature that I saw was the "way above" page. I can't wait to until the new site is available. All I have left to say is......good job!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
ATS is fine the way it is, in my opinion SO (less the Star system).
Well.. you do a great job at enhancing ATS site-programming specifics.. but gosh take away all the stars for great posts. Maybe allow so many member votes to make up One?

380+88 more, cut's off the ring to the quality 400 stars earlier did.
Allow ATS people to grow the old fashioned ATS way.
Posting/Answering and the combined quality of thread = points.

Still a great site SO, let's make it better by making it simpler--yes?

ATS is getting back to where it once was -- a fun place to be.

Decoy

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm not accustomed to change!!

Nah, just kidding the new design looks great!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Please stay with the same colors. Otherwise it looks great.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

good but what i WOULD like is

NOTIFICATION WHEN

- REPLIED
- QUOTED
- ANSWERED YOUR OWN THREAD

thats it tats the most important, its hard to keep up

I completely agree. That's what I want. I hate to go through pages after pages in each thread in the next day to see if anyone replied to me.

This would be a nice addition.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Looks good.

I am curious. Is ATS affiliated in any way with the CIA? Of course, I should not even consider the possibility, but that is why I ask.
Deny ignorance.

We are not in any way affiliated or otherwise controlled or directed by the CIA or any other government organization other than fulfilling ordinary requirements typical of any business enterprise.
Signed______________

Is that to be found here, anywhere?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Darn, I really miss agonizing over whether a particular post was worthy of one of my three votes each month. Only to face the two inevitable outcomes: Finding I still had three votes at the end of the month or the "I'd give you a WATS if I still had one" reply.

I always thought it was a great concept back in the day, but I know how much of a pain it was to manually go over the votes and discuss who really deserved the WATS badge on their profile for the month. Although the WATS for the year seemed an easier process. Still I can't imagine both wanting or even being able to do that now since we have grown so much larger.

Heck, I still completely miss some quality threads that are well responded to just from the shear number of new posts and threads today. If this thread taught us nothing else, we all learned that quite a lot can happen here in a very short timeframe.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

in a word..... AWESOME and deeply Appreciated!!!

50 flags & stars !

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i cant wait for the switchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, do it sooner then later so we can utalize the new interface and tools and get more info flowing.. lets go people no time to waste

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Did you have to have and advertisement in a preview video?

Kind of scares me that you are going even more commercial.

Is it about the money now?

Will we have to see an add before any video that is posted from now on?

I mean if you are selling ad space on a preview that is to hype up the new version, where will your greed stop?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Originally posted by Springer
If a man lives well his Karma will greet him with open arms upon his demise.

Freemasons/CIA/K-theory wormholes!

Don't be silly, its all about number! K (Karma) theory has been solved. I've tried and tested it on 4 of the member stats displayed in the video, all work perfectly. I'm not too sure on whether or not some of the members stats were changed around slightly just so people couldn't figure it out or not, but I'm 99% sure that K value is determined via:

FLAGS + STARS + APPLAUSE'S

DIVIDED BY POSTS

= K VALUE
(The higher K value, the better)

Pretty simply. Unless of course you guys change it up until the release.

ETA: If you don't mind me just stating my opinion on this system. With this method the applause's are treated equally with stars and flags. Applause's are a lot more difficult to earn than stars and/or flags, they (most of the time) require in depth insight and thought in order to be earned. I think this could greatly reduce the value of an applause... or not. Just my 3 cents.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The new design looks briliant, But as they say....The proof is in the Pudding. You have put a lot of work into this, Im looking forward to ATS2010 bring it on!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The real-time capabilities look amazing. Nice work.

Looking forward to using this as opposed to the way I keep a look out for new, interesting topics right now.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Looks great... Not too drastic a change in the UI either. Great work!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
OOOO I like this new design. SO, even though I have you labeled as a foe...I will say good job lol. And merging of bts and ats...maybe. Maybe I will post on BTS now and gain back some of my negative points haha. Good work guys

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

not bad look good

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I love to see people who make improvements ! Hoping for the Best.
My only concern is things like "member picks, hottest, popular, and recent" and the potential to bury other important stuff in the name of hot and new. I have no TV for this reason - what some think is hot and popular makes me rather ill !
Will wait and see what good things you have in store for us.
Best to you, One love.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join