It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 (video) Preview - a look at the new ATS, coming soon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by romanmel

...It is a conspiracy of Orwellian proportions we are facing here. Soon we will all be plugged into ATS 24 hours a day!

Oh wait, we already are!

Never mind.

I think my "mind worms" have already gotten a start at me. I find the new ATS really pretty. I think I'm in danger of being led into this change thingy.

Oh well, guess they are so much better organized than we little sheeple. We'll just have to follow our Overlord and trust he has our best interests in mind. Scary, huh?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
Some sort of negative rating ability to give posters or their posts some sort of negative star, a thumbs down, or something along those lines?

Since the inclusion of the flagging and starring system, we've been consistent in stating that no such downward-ranking will ever be part of the system.

If you don't like a thread or opening post, don't flag it.

If you really don't like a thread or opening post, compose a rational response that intelligently refutes the points made by the thread author, in the spirit of collaborative learning.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Now you're just teasing us... and bragging that the elite will get it first!
If you guys dont stop talking about this, and get it out soon, maybe I'll call off the picketers. Oops too late...

"What do we want?!

ATS 2010!!

When do we want it!?

Now!"

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I really like the new look. It reminds me of a news site instead of a forum. I think this can only help ATS credibility among the masses!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

PT you surprise me ...

You've thought of all the conspiratorial angles and missed the biggest clue as to the nefariousness SO has in store for us!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16558f992e61.png[/atsimg]

What is the "K" for?

Find the meaning of the "K" save the world!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am impressed. I look forward particularly to the real-time updates, that is a fantastic addition. Well done!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

How about unflag and unstar. Sometimes mistake happen you know. It'll be great to have the option.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

To make ATS a subscription site would not be wise, IMO. The fee would have to be low enough not to make the site a small fraction of the current members. In any case, the subscription receipts probably would not cover enough to make the site profitable. Also, those who wish to spread discord could still join.

To deal with those who are trolls and misfits is acceptable in order to preserve an open free forum of exchange of ideas, also IMO.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Since the inclusion of the flagging and starring system, we've been consistent in stating that no such downward-ranking will ever be part of the system. If you don't like a thread or opening post, don't flag it. If you really don't like a thread or opening post, compose a rational response that intelligently refutes the points made by the thread author, in the spirit of collaborative learning.

That is to bad to hear when most social media is currently doing this for good reason. Copy'ing the voting and karma system of something like reddit or digg is the future, sites that do not keep up become obsolete fast.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

What is the "K" for?

Indeed!

Find the meaning of the "K" save the world

First it’s important to know that Skeptic Overlord often has his time and date stamp set to London Time!

More about the International Banking Cartel later, but in London they use the metric system of weights and measurements.

Most Americans rightly and correctly understand the confusing metric system to be a conspiracy all in it’s own right!

But the K stands for Kilos!

It is the preferred measurement of how large the infestation of mind worms has grown.

In that particular member we can see he has 0.61 Kilos of mind worms.

Now we know the average human brain weighs 2.7 to 3.1 pounds, but because none of us really understand the Metric System we are stuck trying to figure out how much 0.61 Kilos of mind worms really weigh on that 1300 to 1400 grams scale!

So how bad is the infestation of this particular poster? Answer, we don’t know, but clearly Skeptic Overlord (his reptilian double) knows!

Once half the brain’s weight mass has been taken over by the mind worms, then the staff can start using ATS members as Manchurian Candidates.

This might lead to an initial improvement in American politics by the way, but believe me, that too, will be part of the deception. All designed to convince us that the mind worm infestation might be for the better.

Now how insidious are the mind worms and what can they really do to you?

The CIA did the initial mind worm testing in the Washington D.C. area, let’s take a look at one of the test subjects at a Washington Redskins Football Game!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a26bacb7981a.jpg[/atsimg]

Don’t let this happen to you!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm really sceptic to this one.....

....ahh, just kidding.
SkepticOverlord, bring out the good stuff!!!! This one will rock the internet!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wow.

I cannot wait to try that baby out.

Top Ranked Contributors?

So were stroking each others ego now eh?

I like it.

I also think it's great you guys will be giving us a warning as to the change over. I hope the site can handle all of us here on at once lol.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Oh if it only were that simple.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Looks fantastic! Loving the new AJAX real time updates!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Oh if it only were that simple.

I know it seems hard to believe, but let’s face it my friend, we have seen the various shades of denial in other big conspiracies, like the Academy Awards and American Idol!

Let’s not even get into the fact that no one alive has yet to find out “How to get to Sesame Street!”

There is hope though, I am working on a mind worm contraceptive device, and initial studies show they have a strong dislike of Reggae Music and Cuban Cigars.

Could this be the real reason behind the Cuban Embargo?

I think so.

Bob Marley’s untimely and mysterious death, well duh, obviously.

We will need you SD before this is all over, don’t break down now!

You were the first to sense something peculiar in the New Site, and wanting to get advance notification and analysis. You are our last, best hope, to get a handle on this!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
You are our last, best hope, to get a handle on this!

Ok, I'm on it!

PT take the bandana off and follow ME!

The "K" shall be revealed, the worms shall be defeated, and there will be rejoicing!

*btw, I've been trying to figure out what that "K" means since SO teased a few screenshots in the mutterbox the other day ... I haven't slept since*

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But I love that bandana SD, besides I need it to hold the refigerator magnets in place over my forehead, because Mom says I can't wear the tinfoil hat out in public!

Yet, the Mind Worm conspiracy is real, and as Pink Floyd cautions us, we must be careful "and the worms ate into his brain".

In fact the K quotient is designed to gauge the worm’s progress and effectiveness.

Clearly they are already driving you to obsessive madness!

And to think they make fun of my bandana!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Actually we're going to be taking blood samples from all members who wish to be able to post. The "K" rating should be plainly obvious to all. It will display your level of potassium at the time of testing.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If a man lives well his Karma will greet him with open arms upon his demise.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join