It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 (video) Preview - a look at the new ATS, coming soon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I reckon the K is for Kudos and is a measure of how many WATS votes you've obtained over time... you might not get enough WATS to make it to the big time, but it all depends on how they've set it up..

I still think it's for Kudos though

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

What is the "K" for? Find the meaning of the "K" save the world!!!

I believe I've found what it stands for and believe me this conspiracy is millenia in the making. Proto, you're going to love this!

This cryptic code has to do with a Hebrew "secret," a heist, which illuminates the Jews' power in the United States. The circled "U," sometimes with the word "Parve," stands for Union of Orthodox Jews (UOJCA), the "K" stands for Kosher (KOV K). Both will not be found on the same package. These symbols mean that the product's producer paid the Jews a kind of "tax" to have some rabbi "bless" it.

www.libreopinion.com...

Now the numerical digits after the K reveal to what degree the particular information has been blessed. This is so the site is palatable to certain ethnicity's. Then again, SO may be a rabbi.

Edit to add that I hope everyone knows I'm making a funny here.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Well now that the festival to Ishtar is over I can finally get a nice rotisserie plumb and juicy kosher chicken again for dinner, just not one of the ones that got passed over while they were all off work!

Pagans! Don’t they know I still have to eat whether they are having festivals or not?

Clearly based on Dajurums and Springer coming out with conflicting disinformation on the K-Quotient, I have already gotten too close to the mind worm measuring system they plan to employ in the new site!

The Rabbit Hole runs pretty deep on this one.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm one of those like Protoplasmic Traveler who is suspicious of too much change, too fast.

I cautiously admit it looks pretty good so far. Just don't keep "improving" the site until it's ruined, like vcr's or the "new Coke."

One observation: I'm not sure I like sorting threads by number of flags. Some of the dumbest ones have a zillion flags and stars.

I am cautiously looking forward to the unveiling.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Very nice! Looks much easier to navigate and find threads

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Very nice!

Make sure one can easily access the most recent messages of a particular forum. Not the ones with the most flags or most replies, simply the most recent ones. I use RSS for this today, but it is fairly hidden and I have to click around each time I need it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort to make this glorious website more efficient. I'm so happy you are bringing back "Way Above Top Secret"!

One thing that I am going to suggest is if you could make the individual topic forums smaller so it is less time consuming to scroll through the pages?
:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The Rabbit Hole runs pretty deep on this one.

Deeper than that even ...

K-theory

In mathematics, K-theory is a tool used in several disciplines. In algebraic topology, it is an extraordinary cohomology theory known as topological K-theory. In algebra and algebraic geometry, it is referred to as algebraic K-theory. It also has some applications in operator algebras. It leads to the construction of families of K-functors, which contain useful but often hard-to-compute information.

In physics, K-theory and in particular twisted K-theory have appeared in Type II string theory where it has been conjectured that they classify D-branes, Ramond-Ramond field strengths and also certain spinors on generalized complex manifolds.

Furtherless:

Twisted K-theory

In mathematics, twisted K-theory (also called "K-theory with local coefficients") is a variation on K-theory, a mathematical theory from the 1950s that spans algebraic topology, abstract algebra and operator theory.

More specifically, twisted K-theory with twist H is a particular variant of K-theory, in which the twist is given by an integral 3-dimensional cohomology class. It is special among the various twists that K-theory admits for two reasons. First, it admits a geometric formulation. This was provided in two steps ; the first one was done in 1970 (Publ. Math. de l'IHES) by Peter Donovan and Max Karoubi [1]; the second one in 1988 by Jonathan Rosenberg in Continuous-Trace Algebras from the Bundle Theoretic Point of View.

In physics, it has been conjectured to classify D-branes, Ramond-Ramond field strengths and in some cases even spinors in type II string theory. For more information on twisted K-theory in string theory, see K-theory (physics).

In the broader context of K-theory, in each subject it has numerous isomorphic formulations and, in many cases, isomorphisms relating definitions in various subjects have been proven. It also has numerous deformations, for example, in abstract algebra K-theory may be twisted by any integral cohomology class.

Emphasis mine to point to that which scares me most.

What is yet to be determined of course is how much "K" one really needs or would want ... how much is too much "K" or too little "K" ... Dewey of course and his cursed decimal system is, as per usual, no help at all.

Most worrying of all is the possibility of -K!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a21df6001ecf.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SkepticOverlord.....

Thank you for posting your preview of the imminent upgrade of this already excellent site

I have one concern:

I note the return of "Way Above Top Secret".

I am very concerned that more experienced & knowledgeable members will simply "hide away" in "Above Top Secret", thereby denying the broad membership the knowledge & experience of these members.

Do you think that coulde be a problem?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That, my friends, is what I call an art!!!

Phenomenal job, ATS team!

Respect

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It seems to me K may be the same number as the WATS Index number that shows up in the video. I dunno. And how that number is determined, I would guess uses some stat that members are not privy to- at least not without considerable digging. Like the total number of replies on the entire site or something. I remember once Springer made a reference to something like that- I think it was when they had the spat with John Lear, and he commented on the tiny percentage of traffic that Lear had of the total site traffic.

But if this is anything like what the color bars used to be- hehe, forget it. SO will never give up the formula.

[edit on Thu Apr 8th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
To My Darling ATS,
Baby, you looked just perfect to me the way you were before!
Why you had to go out and do all these things to change yourself is beyond me!

I mean you look just fantastic , darling. I love your new curves and all but I have to tell you that you didn't need to go out and change yourself just for me
You had my love already

Love,
Dragonsmusic

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

K in and of itself holds the clue here SD, first it is the eleventh letter in the basic modern Latin alphabet.

So once again we see how all roads lead to Rome and that the Roman Empire is behind this new ATS initiative.

Yet clearly they are signaling that Rome is in the eleventh hour!

It has become more imperative than ever for Rome to stop the threat against it emanating from ATS!

My sources inside the Vatican tell me they are calling this the K-Initiative, K is there favorite penetrating distinction hence the extensive use of K-Y in many Vatican affairs!

How serious is the K distinction? It is derived from the Greek letter Kappa, which was the Semitic kap, the symbol of an open hand.

The open hand is also the universal sign of Stop.

So clearly Rome, through its front the Vatican is now out to stop ATS with the K-Initiative, otherwise and hereto known as the K-Quotient.

How formidable is K? Well, when the Nixon Administration found itself threatened by the Hippie Movement inspired by Rock and Roll they turned to K…K.C. and the Sunshine Band, where we see the use of both K and the Sun Cult Religions combined to usher in the modern dark ages of the Disco Era.

Yes, you should be afraid, very afraid, as the phonetic clicks from the New Site’s drop down menus, cast an arcane occult spell using Silent Sound Spread Spectrum technology over your computer speakers, to initiate the black magic ceremony that creates the first breeding pair of mind worms at the base of your cerebral cortex!

It might be time to drop all this information in the mail, and mail it to a friend, with a letter that says “In the event of my…”

The Rabbit Hole runs very deep on this one.

[edit on 8/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

If a man lives well his Karma will greet him with open arms upon his demise.

"K" is for Karma, so a Karma rating, interesting. Now the question is, how will we achieve our Karma? What I saw was "P" Points, "F" Flags, "S" Stars, and "K" presumably Karma Rating. What I didn't see was "A" Applause's.

So this would lead me to speculate that the Applause feature given by admin & staff has evolved into a Karma Rating.

Where before if you were to get an "Applause", in ATS 2010 your Karma Rating will now go up
and where before you'd get a "Warn" or an "Off Topic Post" etc. in ATS 2010 your Karma Rating will go down

Just a guess, am I close?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
If a man lives well his Karma will greet him with open arms upon his demise.

Springer...

This is something I have always believed in.

As to ATS 2010, I like the new lay out, very easy to get around the site. The drop down menus are a bonus to, I think.
Congratulations SkepticOverlord for all the fine work and time you have spent/spending on the new site.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Nice video, but I noticed a spelling error:

"Sort the forum list by flags and relies" (emphasis mine).

It appears at around 2:43. I don't know if anyone spotted this, but to me, it stood out like a sore thumb. Sorry to be a grammar - or, in this case, spelling - Nazi!

I also noticed that the title of my thread ('Lost:' Season Six Discussion...) appeared in the video - yay me!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The "K-Factor" is not yet solidified as the final metric that will be appearing in member mini-profiles.

However... it is part a "black box" formula used to derive the number that has (literally) been the result of hours of deliberation, testing, trial, and error so as to arrive at a fair and unbiased method for determining a mathematical value that represents one's totality of contribution to ATS. The formula is still evolving somewhat... but is very good right now... and does indeed factor into the rankings for the "Way Above" members (no more voting).

As for the possibility that the "Way Above" rankings will tend to bypass newer members, we'll be having several categories of "Way Above" lists that factor a few different ranges of time in which members have been posting to ATS... likely in six-month chunks, so we can all see the promising new members.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well there you go S-dog, now go get some sleep brother.

2nd

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The "K-Factor" is not yet solidified as the final metric that will be appearing in member mini-profiles.

Sure that all sounds great…but can you explain this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ce60e3e4e78.jpg[/atsimg]

Here we see the infamous mind worms communicating with one another, that some of us are convinced the K-Quotient is designed to gauge the effectiveness of infiltration and infestation of the members!

Where else have we seen that same color appear?

Appear right after the Three Amigos took a dessert retreat, not far from the notorious Area 51!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join